Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  rock in rio 2006 - axl's return?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rock in rio 2006 - axl's return?  (Read 20336 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« on: July 02, 2005, 08:08:43 PM »

does anybody know what time of the year rock in rio 5 is arranged? i only know that it is in 2006, and knowing axl's love for this festival i'm sure he wouldn't want to miss this opportunity, especially after he missed the 2004 one. i remember him saying in the press release that "I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time". if anything this will be a great setting for returning to the rock scene and convincing critics, maybe even debut some new material. i doubt chinese democracy will come out anytime before that, and i know it's a longshot, but releasing it close to this festival or creating a big buzz for it by debuting new material here would be a huge opportunity for axl to show that he is the right man to bring rock and roll back to where it should be. smoking

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 08:13:59 PM »

as far as I know, the next rock in rio will be in 2007, not 2006...

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 08:17:16 PM »

really? where did you read that? i have a link saying otherwise, but i'm not sure myself. Huh

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 08:18:39 PM »

Good post, August. As this year winds down, and CD isn't released, there is gonna be ALOT of talk about Axl doing this show. If CD really doesn't come out this year, Rio is gonna be the 'make or break' point for GNR. If Axl doesn't do Rio, alot of people are going to come to the conclusion that GNR has nothing new to offer, have become irrelevant, and people will give up in droves. As I stated in another thread, the next year/year and a half are going to be very interesting times in the GNR world. 2005-06, people are gonna find out if CD is for real or not. Rio is the perfect place for Axl to showcase his new material. Since Axl loves Rio so much, I cant even imagine an excuse for him not to do it. If it has to do with Buckethead, surely he can find a replacement by then.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 08:22:59 PM »

Good post, August. As this year winds down, and CD isn't released, there is gonna be ALOT of talk about Axl doing this show. If CD really doesn't come out this year, Rio is gonna be the 'make or break' point for GNR. If Axl doesn't do Rio, alot of people are going to come to the conclusion that GNR has nothing new to offer, have become irrelevant, and people will give up in droves. As I stated in another thread, the next year/year and a half are going to be very interesting times in the GNR world. 2005-06, people are gonna find out if CD is for real or not. Rio is the perfect place for Axl to showcase his new material. Since Axl loves Rio so much, I cant even imagine an excuse for him not to do it. If it has to do with Buckethead, surely he can find a replacement by then.

i agree about 2005/2006 probably being important in terms of guns n' roses, but i'm not so sure about the "make or break" part. axl has proved critics wrong before, and surely there will still be a huge demand for his music even if CD isn't released by 2007. the world, and especially the rock scene, will still be hungry and curious for axl to return to the stage with new music and reclaim his vacant throne as the greatest frontman that ever lived.

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 08:31:16 PM »

in the official site it says 2006

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 08:31:44 PM »

Yeah, people will always be hungry for some new GNR, but by 2007, CD will have been in the making for about 9 years. People will start satisfying that hunger elsewhere by then. This forum is still going pretty strong, but over at mygnr, there is alot of people thinking about just giving up on CD. It was quite depressing. And if 2007 rolls around with no CD, the group of people still waiting for this will be small indeed. Axl debuting new material at Rio( Catcher in the Rye, This I Love,full version of IRS, TWAT) would sustain alot of people, maybe for a few more years.

estranged.1098
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 08:33:42 PM »

May 27 - Jun 04 2004
Lisboa
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 05:13:37 AM »

May 27 - Jun 04 2004
Lisboa

ok.............

Yeah, people will always be hungry for some new GNR, but by 2007, CD will have been in the making for about 9 years. People will start satisfying that hunger elsewhere by then. This forum is still going pretty strong, but over at mygnr, there is alot of people thinking about just giving up on CD. It was quite depressing. And if 2007 rolls around with no CD, the group of people still waiting for this will be small indeed. Axl debuting new material at Rio( Catcher in the Rye, This I Love,full version of IRS, TWAT) would sustain alot of people, maybe for a few more years.

please stop writing in every fifth post of you that people at mygnr.com want to give up on CD. i guess it interests most here not in the slightest if anyone at my gnr gives up on CD or not.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Dust N Rose
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 09:37:39 AM »

If it doesn't come out before the next rock in rio there will be no interest anymore.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 12:12:53 PM »

May 27 - Jun 04 2004
Lisboa

ok.............

please stop writing in every fifth post of you that people at mygnr.com want to give up on CD. i guess it interests most here not in the slightest if anyone at my gnr gives up on CD or not.

i've noticed him mentioning that constantly too. if such negativism, why post on a fan forum at all?

Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 04:32:50 PM »

I do think if he waits too long ppl will lose interest, and be less eager to see GnR. However, regardless of how long they wait hordcore GnR fans will still be enthused. But I dont there will be this big rush to go out and buy it.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2005, 05:53:54 PM »

yes there will. once people see and hear the promotion of this mythic new guns n' roses album, ten years in the making, people will go nuts to buy it, even if it's just out of curiousity. that's how they drew such large crowds at the 2002 tour, with no new material released in a decade. curiousity.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 06:18:13 PM »

War Rose and August, I've made those comments about faith being lost at mygnr about 2 or 3 times. I wouldn't say that is "constantly". According to your definition of the word, Axl releases press statements "constantly". The reason I mentioned it is because it appears that alot of people are starting to lose faith, and it seems to be occuring over there in a much higher degree than it is over here. No reason for you to say people at HTGTH dont care about mygnr. At least half the people here also go to that forum.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 06:25:40 PM »

in the official site it says 2006

Really?!? I thought that the next rock in rio would be in 2007...looks like 2007 will be the next-next rock in rio...

I read somewhere that in 2007 we will gonna have a rock in rio at 3 cities at the same time...Rio, Lisboa and Sidney(I think)...I don't know how it'll goin' to happen...Medina could do it like Live 8...

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2005, 06:26:55 PM »

There were large crowds at the 2002 tour of chinese democracy starts ummmmmm, now----no wait not yet maybe in the next decade?

Do u think that the fans who bought those `chinese democracy starts now` tour shirts could sue axl for false advertising?

and as for axls return in 2006, i dont think he will ever show his face in public again, his project failed, he killed one of the biggest bands in the world and the biggest thing thats so fucked up is that he failed the fans by telling untruths at every conceivable point that he had a microphone in his hands since duff slash matt left

-------and time goes by-------
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2005, 06:37:19 PM »

phaseone, although I agree partially with your very critical analysis of the situation, I do think he will surface again. It might not be 'soon', but he will come back at some point. Even if you take into account a 'worst case scenario', the final chapter hasnt been written yet. As far as your statement about Axl 'killing' GNR, I disagree. He is definitely staining the legacy of the band, but he did not kill it. If anyone should be held responsible for destroying the band we once knew, it has to be Izzy. Nothing has been the same since his departure. As much as you like to do it, you cant blame every single thing on Axl. There were other people involved too.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2005, 07:23:57 PM »

There were large crowds at the 2002 tour of chinese democracy starts ummmmmm, now----no wait not yet maybe in the next decade?

Do u think that the fans who bought those `chinese democracy starts now` tour shirts could sue axl for false advertising?

and as for axls return in 2006, i dont think he will ever show his face in public again, his project failed, he killed one of the biggest bands in the world and the biggest thing thats so fucked up is that he failed the fans by telling untruths at every conceivable point that he had a microphone in his hands since duff slash matt left

his project failed? critics are already calling madagascar "epic", and there is a worldwide interest for his return and a sincere interest in this very very promising project throughout the world. i look very much forward to watching you eat your own words once chinese democracy drops. until then, i will kick back and keep my faith up. as for you, you will be seen as just another pathetic hypocrit.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2005, 11:01:26 PM »

rock in rio with GN'R aint gonna happen. i have my doubts.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2005, 11:02:08 PM »

rock in rio with GN'R aint gonna happen. i have my doubts.

well, there's a contradiction if i ever saw one.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: