Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Scientists about to disprove Heaven/Hell?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scientists about to disprove Heaven/Hell?  (Read 16783 times)
dustNroses
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2005, 07:12:21 AM »

All sounds like shit to me, Why the fuck are they wasting taxpayers money on this crap.
Find a fucking cure for AIDS and cancer, then ill give a fuck.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2005, 05:23:15 PM »

I agree with the thing that it's better use science in searching a cure for aids or cancer but not wasting something that still doesn't know for sure that its gonna work, humanity haven't solve on problem and now is trying to resolve another one. I think that money shoud be better use in AIDS, cancer or other desieses, research for cures.  peace

No man can be my equal
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2005, 05:48:23 PM »

I agree with the thing that it's better use science in searching a cure for aids or cancer but not wasting something that still doesn't know for sure that its gonna work, humanity haven't solve on problem and now is trying to resolve another one. I think that money shoud be better use in AIDS, cancer or other desieses, research for cures.  peace

.... trying to find a way to save people life is wasting time ?
next time you get in a huge car accident and you lose half your blood and you're about to die, you tell the doctor to go work on aids .... ?_?
what they did on the dogs, mean that they will maybe be able to save people that have been seriously inujured or even "dead" for while. (at that point death definition will be changed)

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2005, 08:26:39 PM »

jameslofton. If i chop off my arm i am still the same person. If i wake up one day to find myself in the body of another i'm still the same person. Every seven years your body will have replaced every single cell that exists in your body. Just like if doctors stop my pulse, drain away all my vital fluids, replace all my organs, etc, etc. I AM STILL THE SAME PERSON. The Self continues on.

This experiment doesnt mean anything when it comes down to heaven and hell because you don't take those things with you. If doctors can remove the Self and return it then Heaven and Hell will have been disproven. Not before.

Like i said earlier, the self is a far more complcated thing than any scientist has even contemplated. God will not and can not be disproven in a laboratory. The idea of God, Heaven and Hell can only be disproven in the mind as that is the only constant of the self.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 08:29:27 PM by 2NaFish » Logged
MikeB
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2005, 08:48:30 PM »

I think that money shoud be better use in AIDS, cancer or other desieses, research for cures.
Yeah fuck scientist crap! Find out how to end cancer and aids which is a threat to the human race. Or learn how to regrow trees faster without killing animals. there's a lot more worse problems in this world that need to be solved intead of superficial crap.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 08:50:47 PM by MikeB » Logged
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2005, 06:49:46 AM »

I think that money shoud be better use in AIDS, cancer or other desieses, research for cures.
Yeah fuck scientist crap! Find out how to end cancer and aids which is a threat to the human race. Or learn how to regrow trees faster without killing animals. there's a lot more worse problems in this world that need to be solved intead of superficial crap.

someone change the title of the thread, cause everybody is getting confused and say stupid shit.
the article is about saving people lives; geeeez !

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2005, 07:18:15 PM »

Wat-Ever, why should the thread title be changed? They are literally going to bring people back from the dead and they are going to say if they seen anything. Thats the big issue here, its not just about 'saving lives'.

mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2005, 07:34:58 PM »

Wat-Ever, why should the thread title be changed? They are literally going to bring people back from the dead and they are going to say if they seen anything. Thats the big issue here, its not just about 'saving lives'.

Who gives a fuck if they 'dispell' heaven/hell. If you want to believe in heaven or hell, go ahead. A sizable chunk of people in Western countries have started thinking differently years and years ago. Nothing is stopping people from believing or or not. The big issue IS saving lives.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2005, 07:55:39 PM »

If someone is dead for several hours, and then comes back, and says they didnt see anything, that wont change your perspective on the prospect of heaven and hell's existence?

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2005, 08:18:19 PM »

If someone is dead for several hours, and then comes back, and says they didnt see anything, that wont change your perspective on the prospect of heaven and hell's existence?

no because:

a) they dont belive in heaven and hell and thus wouldn't witness something they dont belive in. the kingdom of heaven is reserved to those who belive in god

or

b) the period of suspension that they were in wasn't a long enough time to see heaven or hell.

Heaven and hell has to do with souls, if you die, you soul "escapes" your body and makes its destination to paradice or suffering. because some people dont belive in this, their souls, if they have any, dont escape, and thus stay in the boby, making reincarnation,again if they belive in it, impossible. It is all a matter of belif, and scientists playing God would never acheive to see if these realms exsit unless they die and catholics and live by God's word.

this is so lame, how about instead of wasting time and money killing dogs to see if there really is a heaven or hell we take the money and use it to research aids, or try to cure cancer... i mean theres so many better things to look into. and anytime mankind has tried to play God we've been shut the fuck down. its not gonna happen. liek how about instead of using it to disprove something thats impossible to physically disprove, we use the time and money to benefit humanity...
I also agree with this belif. Instead of wasting money to try and play God waste money to try and find vaccenes for human illnesses

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2005, 10:00:30 PM »

no because:

a) they dont belive in heaven and hell and thus wouldn't witness something they dont belive in. the kingdom of heaven is reserved to those who belive in god

or

b) the period of suspension that they were in wasn't a long enough time to see heaven or hell.

Heaven and hell has to do with souls, if you die, you soul "escapes" your body and makes its destination to paradice or suffering. because some people dont belive in this, their souls, if they have any, dont escape, and thus stay in the boby, making reincarnation,again if they belive in it, impossible. It is all a matter of belif, and scientists playing God would never acheive to see if these realms exsit unless they die and catholics and live by God's word.

why would you assume the person doesn't believe in heaven or hell. what if the person volunteering is some 80 year old who is about to die anyway but believes in god and or heaven/hell.

this test is to see whether the "mind" or the "self" can exist without the body. if during the time that the person is dead they say they saw nor remember anything then you could probably conclude that the mind cannot exist without the body. if they say they went on a magical journey filled with adventure or what not, then yes the mind could be proven to exist without the body.

ofcourse since humans would do anything to become immortal most of us like to believe there is an eternal afterlife. immortality is present in everysingle religion in some way or form. so if the mind could exist without the body then we've got what we want and thats immortality.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2005, 10:57:58 PM »

no because:

or

why would you assume the person doesn't believe in heaven or hell. what if the person volunteering is some 80 year old who is about to die anyway but believes in god and or heaven/hell.

this test is to see whether the "mind" or the "self" can exist without the body. if during the time that the person is dead they say they saw nor remember anything then you could probably conclude that the mind cannot exist without the body. if they say they went on a magical journey filled with adventure or what not, then yes the mind could be proven to exist without the body.

ofcourse since humans would do anything to become immortal most of us like to believe there is an eternal afterlife. immortality is present in everysingle religion in some way or form. so if the mind could exist without the body then we've got what we want and thats immortality.

body cannot live without the mind, but mind can live without the body, your mind, your thoughts, your dreams, your fears, your hopes, that all makes up who in reality you are. If the mind can be utilised and placed in a new body, than th person wouldn't change because the mind is who we are. Thats where the soul comes in. Although the mind is in fact the control centre for all this, scientificly, the mind is more of a physical controll centre. the soul is more of a control centre for our thoughts, dreams, and fears. although i belive the two are linked, i belive that if one puts complete faith in god, then thier stpiritul mind, thier soul, is free, they go to heaven or hell, depending on thier karma.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2005, 01:10:26 AM »

Oddy, you hit the nail on the head. You understand what this thing is really about. I started laughing when other people in this thread started saying it was about saving lives. Some other off the wall shit has been said in this thread too. I guess some people have difficulty in understanding the breakthrough that mankind is attempting.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2005, 03:32:37 AM »

you are all confused, because you're trying to think "logically" and "sciencitifcally" while you go on about Hell and Heaven !!!??!?

sould ? self ? what the hell are you talking about , this is science. there is no such thing as hell, soul in science.

if you believe in hell and heaven, why would even considet thinking that it could be disproved ?

if you don't why would you even mention these words in a phrase.
i did not wait for scientist to do this test, i dont believe in hell nor heaven, and that's it.

you brain is lets say state A = your memory, your personality.
you "die", your brain stays in state A
we bring you back to life before it's too late = brain is still in state A, therefore your are still yourself ...

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2005, 03:50:07 AM »

no because:

or

body cannot live without the mind, but mind can live without the body, your mind, your thoughts, your dreams, your fears, your hopes, that all makes up who in reality you are. If the mind can be utilised and placed in a new body, than th person wouldn't change because the mind is who we are. Thats where the soul comes in. Although the mind is in fact the control centre for all this, scientificly, the mind is more of a physical controll centre. the soul is more of a control centre for our thoughts, dreams, and fears. although i belive the two are linked, i belive that if one puts complete faith in god, then thier stpiritul mind, thier soul, is free, they go to heaven or hell, depending on thier karma.

but the mind is dependant on a body. the mind doesn't become active......like you said until it is placed in a new body.

damage is done to the brain, there is a result on the mind. you drink alcohol, there is a consequence on the mind. i think it is safe to say that there is a strong connection between the mind and the brain. maybe such a connection that one cannot exist without the other. this test may solve that answer. do you know how many philosophers have pondered this. i've read some stuff for a uni course........man, descarte was around in the 1600's pondering this its been a significant problem for philosophy and this experiment may just provide some sort of answer (more than just a theoretical answer).

look there's no point in arguing this, you have your faith and nothing can override that and that is actually something i admire in people. i believe there is a god or some almighty being that created this universe, but i do not believe human beings are immortal. becareful what you wish for, would you really want to be around..........forever............forever...........forever...........forever *echoes into distance*

just a thought.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2005, 04:58:43 PM »

heaven and hell is ment to be a faith, so im just gonna leave it that way and have faith  Tongue

Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2005, 07:53:42 PM »

All you guys who say that this is all a waste of time and that scientists should be curing cancer or whatever instead, are morons!

1) There are already scientists who are trying to find a cure for aids and cancer.
2) This research will be used to save lives! Imagine if your mother was in a fatal car accident and died because she lost too much blood. I dont think you would say it was a waste of time if they were able to revive her hours or even weeks after she died.
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2005, 07:59:59 PM »

On the heaven/hell issue, what if the person revived might not be able to remember if they went to Heaven or Hell. Your brain will be left behind with your body right? So how will you remember if you went to Heaven if your memory isnt working because your brain isnt...
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2005, 08:09:20 PM »

Imagine if your mother was in a fatal car accident and died because she lost too much blood. I dont think you would say it was a waste of time if they were able to revive her hours or even weeks after she died.

i get what you were saying but poeple wernt ment to be ressurected from the dead and live forever.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2005, 10:48:33 AM »

I agree with the thing that it's better use science in searching a cure for aids or cancer but not wasting something that still doesn't know for sure that its gonna work, humanity haven't solve on problem and now is trying to resolve another one. I think that money shoud be better use in AIDS, cancer or other desieses, research for cures.? peace

.... trying to find a way to save people life is wasting time ?
next time you get in a huge car accident and you lose half your blood and you're about to die, you tell the doctor to go work on aids .... ?_?
what they did on the dogs, mean that they will maybe be able to save people that have been seriously inujured or even "dead" for while. (at that point death definition will be changed)
well you think that all people in the world is selfish like you?? if I'd were in a car accident and theres no cure for it will I fucking cry like theres no tomorrow, of course I will cry cause theres no tomorrow for me, but people are still living and dying slowly in the world and people are solving other stuff, people sometimes are a little norrow minded!

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: