Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:16:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Scientists about to disprove Heaven/Hell?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scientists about to disprove Heaven/Hell?  (Read 16707 times)
MCT
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 10:50:06 AM »

Talk about a discombobulating thread title...
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 11:34:02 AM »

It's already been done with humans...Keith Richard is living proof... :hihi:Kidding!
IMO this has nothing to do with disproving heaven and hell
journey
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 11:39:54 AM »

Scientists in Australia have just achieved a medical breakthrough. They killed some dogs. ?Is there anything mentioned in the bible that relates to this story?

Yes, it is written in revelations. John 16:7; Evil Australian scientists kill some dogs to test God. Their evil plan is so successful that they decide to start testing on each other, but suddenly, the alien cat that was stuck in Kujo's ass flies to the science lab and kills them.The world is then restored to its peaceful state.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 12:14:05 PM »

How can you guys say it doesn't have implications for Heaven and Hell? When you die, your soul leaves your body. If you believe in life after death, you go to either destination. If you are 'resurrected', then basically your soul is back in your body. Either death is heaven or hell, or its a black void. I think this is the biggest breakthrough of our generation. If heaven and hell exist, how can the soul be retrieved from either place? And Oddy, I know this sounds crazy, but there actually is a difference in being dead for a few minutes and being dead for a few hours. When your dead for a few minutes, there are neuron charges going off in your brain. Sort of like a 'last gasp'. Even if a CT scan shows you're dead, your not dead completely. I've read about this in science journals. Scientists think that the 'white light' you see in the few minutes after death is actually just your brain's last gasp at life. Now, if you've been dead for 3 hours, you are REALLY dead. All brain activity has ceased. You have officially reached the 'point of no return'. Well, scientists have just breached that 'point of no return. This is going to be a HUGE worldwide story after the human trials. There are political, religious,scientific, and ethical implications to this. It could possibly bring organized religion to its knees.

the soul is not the self. the brain is not the self. the body is not the self. This has no implications for heaven and hell.

The dogs did not die as the self that makes them be was not extinguished. Merely other parts of their physical being.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005, 01:00:48 PM »

If they bring u back then u didn't actually die
Death is a state from which u do not return - other wise its not death is it?
Thus u could 'die' and come back years later and never have actually been dead
Doesn't have any implications for heaven n' hell.

Agree on that, I don't think that has something to do with heaven or hell, If you die you don't have to come back or else you're Jesus or Lazarus ?hihi, but anyway I don't think that any of these has to do if there's a heaven or hell cause thats just matter of belief, for instance a lot of people think that life its hell in here so I don't think that prove anything.

No man can be my equal
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2005, 04:49:39 PM »

You guys make some interesting points, but I still disagree. When your blood is drained, salt water sent through your veins, and your organs shut down, you're dead. Not hibernation, suspended animation,etc. You're fucking DEAD. There is no disputing this fact. Sure, the procedure is preserving your flesh, but that doesn't change the fact that you're dead. I cant hardly believe that you guys dont see the implications of this. The technology will only get better. Instead of just 3 hours, it'll turn to 12, 24, days, weeks, etc. You guys really think God is gonna keep someone in limbo because they have salt water in their veins? I dont think so. For the first time in history, mankind is about to take a step into infinity, and be brought back to tell the world if they seen anything. Truly fascinating.

MikeB
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2005, 06:54:30 PM »

If scientists can disprove heaven/hell, how the hell was this world created along with humans, animals, land and so on? I've heard  real religious people are against scientists , I know like cloning and that stuff. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 07:04:24 PM by MikeB » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2005, 07:13:35 PM »

MikeB, thats the million dollar question. This breakthrough brings up major issues. Once more research goes into this, and human trials start, I have a feeling the world will never be the same again.

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2005, 07:46:24 PM »

I read the article on Zombie dogs from collegehumour.com

Its pretty cool shit dudes...

But I'm with John on this!

Imagine no Heaven it's easy if you try... no hell below us above us only sky...

Fuck All Y'all
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 07:51:55 PM »

Jimmer, its starting to look like John Lennon may have been right after all.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2005, 07:58:03 PM »

why not just ask Slash or Nikki Sixx, they've both been dead, right? Grin

I agree with the dudes who say this doesn't prove whether there is heaven and hell or not.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

For those of you that dont believe this breakthrough will eventually prove or disprove heaven and hell, what would prove it? If being brought back from the dead doesnt prove anything, what the hell would prove it?

GnRNightrain
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2005, 09:16:40 PM »

You guys make some interesting points, but I still disagree. When your blood is drained, salt water sent through your veins, and your organs shut down, you're dead. Not hibernation, suspended animation,etc. You're fucking DEAD. There is no disputing this fact. Sure, the procedure is preserving your flesh, but that doesn't change the fact that you're dead. I cant hardly believe that you guys dont see the implications of this. The technology will only get better. Instead of just 3 hours, it'll turn to 12, 24, days, weeks, etc. You guys really think God is gonna keep someone in limbo because they have salt water in their veins?
The humor in this entire experiment is the fact that people believe that they can out smart God.  If there is a Heaven or Hell wouldnt it follow that there is a God and that God knows when someone is really going to die or live.  Thus, why would God send someone to Heaven or Hell knowing that they are about to be revived? 

The scientists basically kill the person; then God comes in and says, "Hey looks like Fred is dead.  I guess its time to send him to Heaven or Hell."  "Oh, shit!  Wait a second, the mortals fooled me, he is still alive."
GnRNightrain
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2005, 09:19:49 PM »

For those of you that dont believe this breakthrough will eventually prove or disprove heaven and hell, what would prove it? If being brought back from the dead doesnt prove anything, what the hell would prove it?
Thats the problem, somethings just cant be proven by scientists in a laboratory.  Scientists are always seeking to prove or disprove everything, however, some theories are beyond proof.
MikeB
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2005, 09:21:31 PM »

Jimmer, its starting to look like John Lennon may have been right after all.
In a way, to an extent , I believe someone created the earth, but his/her enemy controls it,we're left with a freedom of choice.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2005, 09:35:38 PM »

I believe in God. I have many questions concerning the bible and other things. But something created the universe. It didn't happen by chance. But this new breakthrough is definitely an attempt at mankind trying to achieve a God like stature. This breakthrough ranks right up there with that 'Theory of Everything' that physicists are looking for.

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2005, 12:26:22 AM »

this is so lame, how about instead of wasting time and money killing dogs to see if there really is a heaven or hell we take the money and use it to research aids, or try to cure cancer... i mean theres so many better things to look into. and anytime mankind has tried to play God we've been shut the fuck down. its not gonna happen. liek how about instead of using it to disprove something thats impossible to physically disprove, we use the time and money to benefit humanity...

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2005, 04:15:36 AM »

And Oddy, I know this sounds crazy, but there actually is a difference in being dead for a few minutes and being dead for a few hours. When your dead for a few minutes, there are neuron charges going off in your brain. Sort of like a 'last gasp'. Even if a CT scan shows you're dead, your not dead completely. I've read about this in science journals. Scientists think that the 'white light' you see in the few minutes after death is actually just your brain's last gasp at life. Now, if you've been dead for 3 hours, you are REALLY dead. All brain activity has ceased. You have officially reached the 'point of no return'. Well, scientists have just breached that 'point of no return. This is going to be a HUGE worldwide story after the human trials. There are political, religious,scientific, and ethical implications to this. It could possibly bring organized religion to its knees.

well, that explains why the people that have died and been revived always have stories of "white light" or seeing angels and such. there's still brain activity going on. i've always wondered about that. i wonder if there'll be such stories when brain activity has completely ceased now. fuck this is amazing
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2005, 04:29:00 AM »

Bollocks. Someone contact the SPCA..  Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2005, 06:03:07 AM »

this is so lame, how about instead of wasting time and money killing dogs to see if there really is a heaven or hell we take the money and use it to research aids, or try to cure cancer... i mean theres so many better things to look into. and anytime mankind has tried to play God we've been shut the fuck down. its not gonna happen. liek how about instead of using it to disprove something thats impossible to physically disprove, we use the time and money to benefit humanity...

you really dont get it.
saving lives: thats not really wasting time ....

people are really confused here. they talk about hell and heaven. and then they're like " yeah, we'll finally prove that they don't exist".
if you don't believe in it, then they don't exist.
if you do believe in hell and heaven then nothing can disprove it. faith is NOT something logical. you don't disprove faith.

whats more funny is people talking about "souls". come on. don't bring soul in a scientific talk. soul ....ahahhah..... what about spells, dragons and the one ring ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: