Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:45:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Scientists about to disprove Heaven/Hell?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scientists about to disprove Heaven/Hell?  (Read 16709 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: July 01, 2005, 03:53:06 AM »

Scientists in Australia have just achieved a medical breakthrough. They killed some dogs, drained their blood, embalmed them with a salt water/ice solution,waited several hours, then drained the solution and reinserted blood into their bodies. They came back to life, apparently like they had never died. Human studies are going to start within the year. This has major implications. Mankind is going to find out if there is indeed a heaven or hell. Imagine being dead for 3 hours and then coming back to life? Its chilling. My heart literally skipped a beat when I read the article. Will it disprove heaven and hell, or will God not be fooled by mankind's attempt at playing God? Is there anything mentioned in the bible that relates to this story?

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 05:31:02 AM »

that wouldn't work too good on humans. brain damage or damage to other organs would set in if it was for 3 hours or more.

reminds me of that movie with kevin bacon but. flatliners?  Huh

it'd be no different from going to bed, (you dying)..........and then waking up (them putting the blood back into u and bringing u to life). There'd be no consciousness inbetween the time it takes to do the procedure. that's just my take on it.

do you have a link for that? because i haven't seen any news about it here in australia

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 05:39:57 AM »

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

* SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans. *

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 05:42:01 AM »

cool thanks. i'm reading it now.

despite what i already think this sort of thing will be really really interesting. quite fascinating really.

edit: ok i've read it now. seems they're pretty sure there's no brain damage and such. crazy crazy stuff i say
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 05:44:45 AM by Oddy » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 05:42:59 AM »

Actually, the brain damage factor is one of the major breakthroughs. The salt water/ice solution apparently prevents organ damage. Crazy shit indeed. I think the solution has to be at a specific temperature. I disagree with you about sleep and death. They are not the same. When you are sleeping your body is at rest and you are in a dream like state. Death is when you absolutely cease to exist. Big difference between the two. I read an article the other night on the net when I couldnt go to sleep. I'll try to find it. I think it was at some science website or something. Its not in the mainstream news yet, but it will be.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 05:50:34 AM »

I just went and read the link you posted. Although its the same story, its not the same site I seen it at the other night. The news must really be spreading. Cant wait to hear more about it on the news, or maybe the Science Channel.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 05:53:41 AM »

i know sleep and death are not identical, but both have no consciousness. ofcourse i'm assuming the sleeping person isn't dreaming. my view is that.......just say i went through with the procedure........i'd be dead.......it would be like that time that passes when your sleeping you know?.............and it'd seem like seconds later and i'd be awake even though 3 hours has passed.

im not denying that this sort of stuff is amazing. but is there any sort of thing that seperates this from, for instance cases where somebody has heart has stopped, and they have no pulse (basically dead) but are then brought back to live through rescusitation or electric shock. they may be dead for maybe only a few mins but the principle is the same. they don't have consciousness in between that time.

they're experiences would be what they remember before their death ?then *big gap* .........then the time after being revived is when they're mind would "kick in" so to speak.

this is ofcourse simply my opinion.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 06:57:51 AM »

Scientists in Australia have just achieved a medical breakthrough. They killed some dogs, drained their blood, embalmed them with a salt water/ice solution,waited several hours, then drained the solution and reinserted blood into their bodies. They came back to life, apparently like they had never died. Human studies are going to start within the year. This has major implications. Mankind is going to find out if there is indeed a heaven or hell. Imagine being dead for 3 hours and then coming back to life? Its chilling. My heart literally skipped a beat when I read the article. Will it disprove heaven and hell, or will God not be fooled by mankind's attempt at playing God? Is there anything mentioned in the bible that relates to this story?

what's more interesting to me is that isis/osiris story 3000 years ago in egypt.

Because should it work on humans, it would mean isis was a fucking amazing surgeon and a woman  hihi hihi hihi hihi

ok, and would mean, on a more serious note, that egyptians had a few thousand years of advance on their descendants?

Weird...

Nothing to say
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 07:16:36 AM »

Imagine being dead for 3 hours and then coming back to life? Its chilling. My heart literally skipped a beat when I read the article. Will it disprove heaven and hell, or will God not be fooled by mankind's attempt at playing God? Is there anything mentioned in the bible that relates to this story?

If they bring u back then u didn't actually die

Death is a state from which u do not return - other wise its not death is it?

Thus u could 'die' and come back years later and never have actually been dead

Doesn't have any implications for heaven n' hell.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 07:18:39 AM »

what a waste of time and money. it's up to the individual if it wants to believe in a 3000 year old myth in two-thousand-and-fucking-five, but science should have the knowledge to realize that this project will do nothing but stir up controversy.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 07:25:04 AM »

what a waste of time and money. it's up to the individual if it wants to believe in a 3000 year old myth in two-thousand-and-fucking-five, but science should have the knowledge to realize that this project will do nothing but stir up controversy.

i like controversy.

I don't like to believe simply because i am told to.
I don't like to do because i am told to.
I don't like to take orders.
I don't like to walk a way simply because i am told it's the only way.

Controversy is like a sister to me.

Nothing to say
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 07:27:22 AM »

yeah, i like controversy too alot of times but that doesn't change the fact that scientists are spending their time and money on a project that would've been more relevant in the dark ages than it is today.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 08:28:20 AM »

this is some pretty cool shit, but doesnt have any implications for heaven and hell.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 08:38:04 AM »

how is killing dogs in any way cool? it's sick that's what it is, and it should never happen in any country.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 08:44:07 AM »

I'm impressed when they kill the dogs, then switch one dogs head to the other and then bring them back to life

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 08:51:01 AM »

uh, did u read the article ?

what about saving a major injury or blood loss ?
what about reviving people that have been in a car wreck ,

it's a huge step.
and it's about cheating death.

it's just that some injuries were so critical they led to death. now we can avoid that.

hell and heaven have notthing to do with that. i'm not religious. but i can see that science will never destroy religion, because they're on 2 different level. sciences aregument have no weight in the magical / spiritual world of religion.

saving someone that JUST suffered an injury is something. but we'll start having moral debates when we'll be able to revive people like hours or days after their death ....

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 08:58:19 AM »

How can you guys say it doesn't have implications for Heaven and Hell? When you die, your soul leaves your body. If you believe in life after death, you go to either destination. If you are 'resurrected', then basically your soul is back in your body. Either death is heaven or hell, or its a black void. I think this is the biggest breakthrough of our generation. If heaven and hell exist, how can the soul be retrieved from either place? And Oddy, I know this sounds crazy, but there actually is a difference in being dead for a few minutes and being dead for a few hours. When your dead for a few minutes, there are neuron charges going off in your brain. Sort of like a 'last gasp'. Even if a CT scan shows you're dead, your not dead completely. I've read about this in science journals. Scientists think that the 'white light' you see in the few minutes after death is actually just your brain's last gasp at life. Now, if you've been dead for 3 hours, you are REALLY dead. All brain activity has ceased. You have officially reached the 'point of no return'. Well, scientists have just breached that 'point of no return. This is going to be a HUGE worldwide story after the human trials. There are political, religious,scientific, and ethical implications to this. It could possibly bring organized religion to its knees.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 09:05:45 AM »

WAT-EVER, yeah I read the article. Saving lives is the most minor issue with this breakthrough. In the history of mankind, no one has been dead for 3 hours and been brought back to life. The only person is Jesus, and scientifically that cant be proven. We live in VERY interesting times.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 09:40:35 AM »

the thing is there are no rules in religion and spiritual belief, they dont write stuff like " the sould leaves the body after 3h and 29 minutes "
faith is not something logical.
if we can save people that are clinicly dead for 3hours, then faithful people will say, well   "the soulstays longer than that, so it's fine."
if we save someone after a day, they 'll say   " no, but god knew that you were gonna save him, so he told the soul to stay in the body ...."

logic does not work.

and also, scientist dont care about hell or heaven, they care about progress, and here saving lives. that's it.

and death is just a concept. we defined it by what we knew until know. but we keep discovering things.
so don't see all that as "destroying" our beliefs, it's just that we're starting to understand.

same in every field. we keep discovering elements that are smaller and smaller. when we thought that the atom was the smallest thing only decade ago.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 09:59:32 AM »

Yeah, I'm agreeing with the people I seldom find myself agreeing with here...

...It doesn't disprove 'heaven and hell' for shit.

In simple terms it merely puts the body into a frozen state and then revives it, however long later. That's like saying you'd be dead if you were in stasis.....................

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: