Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  i'm eager to see gn'r live without buckethead
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: i'm eager to see gn'r live without buckethead  (Read 11432 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2005, 03:10:02 PM »

to replace a legend u have to have someone who is totally unbelievably amazing.

Buckethead with the release of CD couldve done that.

Robin and Richard are good players but they cant replace Slash

Buckethead had breathtaking ability and left fans in awe with his abilities.

Cant really use the memorable riff thing as Slash plays mainstream music, Bucket is an artsy indy type artist who hasnt had the exposure of Slash.

U cant tell me CD wont have some amazing fucking memorable riffs on it.

U gotta give Bucket the chance though and not many GNR fans did and that is sad. now instead of a Slash/Izzy combo we have two gilby clarkes cause thats bout how I rank Richard and Robin.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2005, 05:14:55 PM »

But all Bucket head does is stand there. HES BORING. i want talent and performance. I get that from most guitar players. But bucket head does crap all.

html sucks
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2005, 05:34:20 PM »

But all Bucket head does is stand there. HES BORING. i want talent and performance. I get that from most guitar players. But bucket head does crap all.

it's rock n roll, not a cabaret act.
there are plenty of players that just stand around playing, and many of them are awesome! take Izzy for example.
besides, Bucket started moving around on stage after they had played a few dates, and he had gotten used to playing with the big GN'R circus in front of that many people.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2005, 05:41:19 PM »

Rock n Roll is about presence and crowd controlling as well as music. Yeah the statement about "circus" was totally right. GnewR do look like a circus act.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2005, 05:44:40 PM »

with an average frontman u need excitement from the other players

with Axl he commands and owns the stage to the point that no one else has to move or do anything.

Slash didnt move 2 feet in either direction at the VR show I went to, but I didnt give a fuck cause I couldnt take my eyes off Scott.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 12:06:38 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »

Slash was mad at mine, he was all over the place lol.

html sucks
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2005, 07:58:54 PM »

to replace a legend u have to have someone who is totally unbelievably amazing.

Buckethead with the release of CD couldve done that.

Robin and Richard are good players but they cant replace Slash

Buckethead had breathtaking ability and left fans in awe with his abilities.

Cant really use the memorable riff thing as Slash plays mainstream music, Bucket is an artsy indy type artist who hasnt had the exposure of Slash.

U cant tell me CD wont have some amazing fucking memorable riffs on it.

U gotta give Bucket the chance though and not many GNR fans did and that is sad. now instead of a Slash/Izzy combo we have two gilby clarkes cause thats bout how I rank Richard and Robin.

I agree totally. Robin and Richard are good No.2 and No.3s but GnR need a suitable Slash replacement.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2005, 10:16:13 PM »

In my opinion I wouldnt doubt if buckethead is still secretly in the band.  Just my thought you can hold me to it if u want to.      But personally i didnt like him in the band, hes a great guitar player, but GnR shouldnt look like a fucken circus act.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2005, 10:36:13 PM »

I'm eager to see gn'r live without buckethead also....
if that's how its got to be.. so be it...
for one...  then everyone could/will get over the whole "oh my god what are they gonna do without buckethead?!  nervous " thing

there is so much speculation (on the part of some, negatively so) about how are robin and richard 'gonna pull it off'...
i look forward to that being answered

it's just about as disobliging as the "oh my god what are they gonna do without slash?!  nervous" thing

this band is yet to make their mark
we've been witness to its evolution...
let's wait for the album before discounting any member's talent.. eh?

sure bucekethead is an amazing guitar player.. no doubt

but... that has nothing to do with Robin or Richard
the extent of Buckethead's talent does not diminish theirs

IMO none of us know the extent of Richard and Robin's talents... it's yet to be seen

dustNroses
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2005, 06:53:36 AM »

GnR without buckethead. Maybe thats why there is a delay on CD. Obviously somebody needs to re-record his guitar parts, I doubt Axl wants him to get any royalties from sales. With the amount of people who have came and gone from Axls CD (and probably been replaced) its no surprise to me that it is taking so long, After all, The name Guns N' Roses on its own is a legacy and they were the biggest band in the world. LEGENDS!!!!!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2005, 10:06:39 AM »

I still don't see why he has to replace Buckethead.  I mean can't Richard or Robin handle it?  But then again who know's if Axl even will replace him, maybe he will put his faith in either one of those two to pull it off. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
shaun
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2005, 10:45:21 AM »

Guns n Rockmusic, I actually agree with your statement about everything on the forum being completely different than what was Jarmo's intentions for the site.

What's my intentions then?

Som people seem to think they know what this site is for and why I do it etc.

This board is still here for the same reason it was started in the first place, a place for fans to discuss their favorite band. Notice I said discuss and not whine.  Tongue

/jarmo

Should imagine all areas of the band have been discussed. I am not so sure there is a band these days. Time to lock the board  Grin
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2005, 11:50:44 AM »

Guns n Rockmusic, I actually agree with your statement about everything on the forum being completely different than what was Jarmo's intentions for the site.

What's my intentions then?

Som people seem to think they know what this site is for and why I do it etc.

This board is still here for the same reason it was started in the first place, a place for fans to discuss their favorite band. Notice I said discuss and not whine.? Tongue

Come on Jarmo! I occasionally post on these boards, And I have to say, this by far is the best gnr site going today. But people can still say negative things every once in a while and still love the band. No album takes this long PERIOD! That is a fact! And I agree with the person who said that "no album, no single, no tour = no band. Bands make and sell music, that is what they do. It is a group of people making music. I think it is the rumors that make people more frustrated than anythything. Example: while driving to work yesterday, the dj says he has news on gnr, then goes on to say that geffen said album will be out noc 29th. With or with out axl's permission. He backs it up by saying that axl tried to block greatest hits, failed (THANK GOD) and goes on to sell millions. Now, I am 37 years old, have loved gnr since the beginning, still love music, but when the 29th rolls around, and still no album, I am going to be pissed! Do I still love gnr? Yes! But that gives me the right to be pissed off when I thing axl is acting like an asshole. All these stupid post about him owing me nothing? I feel that he let me and everyone down when the original band broke up. Most on this board dont understand this, because they were not there. This band was the next led zep, then one day, they just quit? I want axl to suceed, and I know the album will be good, but Every year that passes, every new song from velvet revolver (Yes, I like them too!) makes me think that axl really just gave up. And until I see proof, not opions, these are the facts.

/jarmo
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2005, 01:45:08 PM »

If there was no band, there would be no fan. But here I am.

Lets back to the topic,
Seemingly buckets parts haven't been scratched off the Chinese Democracy record yet. Richard hasn't redone the parts. I think and hope they won't. Bucket and Robin match and contrast well each other in GN'R. If they were to erase the BH's parts they'd have to redo other parts by the score too or even start off from the score, as part and parcel of music is harmony.

It was 2months and a few days to go before RIR when BH "abruptly" announced his departure and shocked the management as well. It was as if He managed to stop the show on time. I suspect BH left to allow Axl to complete his parts to his satisfaction, before starting anything. Perhaps he wanted to tour as much as the rest of the band but thought Touring Without new album on the horizon wouldn't do any good for the band. As so-called "hired guns",  they would be yelled curses and swears of "where is Slash!" again and again.

In short he left because he loved the band and the music. So I think.
BH is such a man of extraordinarily delicate sensibilities in my eyes and ears.
On his leaving, he might have decided never to come back in satisfaction of the "arbitrary" deed.

Still, Yeah, I'm eager to see GN'R with Buckethead and Chinese Democracy.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2005, 09:01:23 PM »

Slash was mad at mine, he was all over the place lol.

yeah, same here.
he was at some points doing that Angus Young one foot walk/jump thing, like he does in the Thunderstruck video, and usually live. it was awesome Grin peace

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2005, 11:41:18 PM »

If there was no band, there would be no fan. But here I am.

Lets back to the topic,
Seemingly buckets parts haven't been scratched off the Chinese Democracy record yet. Richard hasn't redone the parts. I think and hope they won't. Bucket and Robin match and contrast well each other in GN'R. If they were to erase the BH's parts they'd have to redo other parts by the score too or even start off from the score, as part and parcel of music is harmony.

It was 2months and a few days to go before RIR when BH "abruptly" announced his departure and shocked the management as well. It was as if He managed to stop the show on time. I suspect BH left to allow Axl to complete his parts to his satisfaction, before starting anything. Perhaps he wanted to tour as much as the rest of the band but thought Touring Without new album on the horizon wouldn't do any good for the band. As so-called "hired guns", they would be yelled curses and swears of "where is Slash!" again and again.

In short he left because he loved the band and the music. So I think.
BH is such a man of extraordinarily delicate sensibilities in my eyes and ears.
On his leaving, he might have decided never to come back in satisfaction of the "arbitrary" deed.

Still, Yeah, I'm eager to see GN'R with Buckethead and Chinese Democracy.

Awesome post, ppbebe. Agreed 100%!!! ok

I think Bucket and Robin made some duets in the new album like they did in Paradise City live.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: