Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:38:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  i'm eager to see gn'r live without buckethead
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: i'm eager to see gn'r live without buckethead  (Read 11469 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 04:15:09 AM »

Journey, I remember that movie. I havent seen it in about 15 years. I used to really have the hots for Winona Ryder in the late 80's/early 90's. She was absolutely breathtaking in that movie 'Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael'.

journey
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 04:26:58 AM »

Journey, She was absolutely breathtaking in that movie 'Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael'.

I haven't seen that one. I'll have to rent it.

Topic time:

I really liked buckethead. He was different; a throw-back from the Kiss era. Unfortunatley, I never had the chance to see him play live.

It has to be incredibly hard to fill the shoes of Slash. A lot of people wrote him off, before he even got started. That may have been one factor in his leaving.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 05:22:43 AM »

Someone on this forum made a really good point about Buckethead. That Buckethead's presence basically changed the dynamic of the band. The 'where's Slash' fanbase wasn't quite as loud. And those that didn't like him were starting to get used to him. His departure was definitely an unfortunate event.

disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 06:17:10 AM »

I'm eager to see GNR...

That's it. I'd just like to see them together again someday.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005, 06:22:08 AM »

It has to be incredibly hard to fill the shoes of Slash
nobody has succeeded and nobody will ever succeed to fill slash shoes in gn'r. he is THE lead guitarist, and nobody else is and ever will be.
"replacing" slash is like "replacing" axl on vocals. It doesn't have sense.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 06:24:43 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2005, 09:19:14 AM »

Buckethead is better than slash so it was not hard shoes to fill but Fortus and Robin are not better than Slash so its doing to be different, but most of the solos on the 2002 tour were done by fortus or robin, if you watch the shows BH really didnt play that much at all.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2005, 09:28:33 AM »

Buckethead is better than slash so it was not hard shoes to fill but Fortus and Robin are not better than Slash so its doing to be different, but most of the solos on the 2002 tour were done by fortus or robin, if you watch the shows BH really didnt play that much at all.

Buckethead may be better technically, but who comes up with the more memorable riffs?  Slash.  Buckethead is better technically than Hendrix was.  But Hendrix  is the one who revolutionalized the guitar.  And made you "feel" the instrument.  Thats whats important.  And before you guys flame me about the Hendrix statement, I'm a blues guitarist  of 20 yrs and Hendrix, along with Rory Gallagher and David Gilmour are my all-time favorite guitarists.  So keeps the flames to yourself. Wink

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2005, 09:30:18 AM »

Dave, you say Buckethead is better than Slash, but then say Buckethead didnt play much?? Man, your IQ went down about 50 points with that statement. That is definitely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You usually make some interesting points, but you're way off base on this one.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2005, 09:35:17 AM »

btw, i just want to say that i think we all are priveliged to witness the rise of this band like this, it's a beatiful thing to follow, seeing as this community isn't really that big. once chinese democracy drops we will be the proud ones, the ones who believed from the start, and we will watch the rest of the world follow. smoking

Im here and i dont beleive in GnewR.

I came here to talk about normal GNR, Look at the bootlegs, talk about VR. Find out good information and up to date news and everything else i post on.

html sucks
darkmonth
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 09:53:23 AM »

3 fucking years.  Shit.  Think about that.  It's almost as long again since we've seen Axl and co as it took for Use Your Illusion to come out after Appetite.  Sad

Crazy.
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2005, 10:19:39 AM »

I missed you Dave. I missed your keen insight, well-thought replies, and anti-Slash bias.  Buckethead is a technically amazing guitarist.  Great. Yippee.  Buckethead has/had no commerical viability, no stage presence, and no ability to write a 'hit'.  Ever heard a Buckethead single? Ever heard of Buckethead before he joined GnR? Heard of him since his little fling with Axl?  There are tons of 'Bucketheads' out there playing in basements that are amazing.  Many or most are guitar teachers.  Doesn't mean they can write a catchy riff or embody Rock n Roll on stage.  No one will miss Buckethead at all.  As far as 99% of the fans out there, he never even existed.  He was a studio musician or touring musician for Axl.  If he wants to replace him in the band, for an album, and for a tour and marketing purposes, he needs a guy like Zack Wylde - a rocker, not an unknown virtuoso who can play amazing scales.

"It'll be out by 2009"
madagas
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

Blah blah blah.....Thorazine, watch those Hendrix comments! I was watching the Band of Gypsy's documentary a few nights ago......COMPLETE command of the guitar and all sounds coming from it! Hendrix was the whole package-songwriting, technical ability, stage presence, and the most important thing...SOUL. beer
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2005, 10:47:26 AM »

I missed you Dave. I missed your keen insight, well-thought replies, and anti-Slash bias.? Buckethead is a technically amazing guitarist.? Great. Yippee.? Buckethead has/had no commerical viability, no stage presence, and no ability to write a 'hit'.? Ever heard a Buckethead single? Ever heard of Buckethead before he joined GnR? Heard of him since his little fling with Axl?? There are tons of 'Bucketheads' out there playing in basements that are amazing.? Many or most are guitar teachers.? Doesn't mean they can write a catchy riff or embody Rock n Roll on stage.? No one will miss Buckethead at all.? As far as 99% of the fans out there, he never even existed.? He was a studio musician or touring musician for Axl.? If he wants to replace him in the band, for an album, and for a tour and marketing purposes, he needs a guy like Zack Wylde - a rocker, not an unknown virtuoso who can play amazing scales.

Agree with everything you said, but, Zakk Wylde is a virtuoso, thats how he's famous.  Listen to his album Book of Shadows. ok

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2005, 10:48:56 AM »

Blah blah blah.....Thorazine, watch those Hendrix comments! I was watching the Band of Gypsy's documentary a few nights ago......COMPLETE command of the guitar and all sounds coming from it! Hendrix was the whole package-songwriting, technical ability, stage presence, and the most important thing...SOUL. beer

I agree fully.  I know, I feel blasphemous for typing that. nervous

madagas
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2005, 11:08:08 AM »

Speaking of David Gilmour...Live at Pompeii..... drool drool drool It goes to show you, a killer rhythm section and one great guitarist is more than enough to raaaawwwwk. Grin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 11:09:55 AM by madagas » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2005, 02:08:16 PM »

Wow, a buckethead vs. slash debate. We haven't had one of those in a while.

Seriously though, who cares who is better. It is not like someone is putting a gun to your head asking you to choose one over the other. As long as you derive enjoyment from their music, I would say they have done their job.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2005, 02:09:08 PM »

Dave, you say Buckethead is better than Slash, but then say Buckethead didnt play much?? Man, your IQ went down about 50 points with that statement. That is definitely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You usually make some interesting points, but you're way off base on this one.

How did my IQ go down on this one? I was not just basing BHs playing on his time in Gnr. I have seen him before and after his gnr days live, plus ?I have most of his solo albums. ?So how am I off base with this one? And Like I said, Robin played more solos than BH did in gnr. ?If you saw the band live or watch the DVDs you will see that I am correct.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2005, 02:12:16 PM »

I missed you Dave. I missed your keen insight, well-thought replies, and anti-Slash bias.? Buckethead is a technically amazing guitarist.? Great. Yippee.? Buckethead has/had no commerical viability, no stage presence, and no ability to write a 'hit'.? Ever heard a Buckethead single? Ever heard of Buckethead before he joined GnR? Heard of him since his little fling with Axl?? There are tons of 'Bucketheads' out there playing in basements that are amazing.? Many or most are guitar teachers.? Doesn't mean they can write a catchy riff or embody Rock n Roll on stage.? No one will miss Buckethead at all.? As far as 99% of the fans out there, he never even existed.? He was a studio musician or touring musician for Axl.? If he wants to replace him in the band, for an album, and for a tour and marketing purposes, he needs a guy like Zack Wylde - a rocker, not an unknown virtuoso who can play amazing scales.

How am I anti slash because I think that BH is a better guitar player than slash? I am curious why people like you think this? I think that Jimmi is better than slash too so I guess that makes me anti slash too right? The problem with people like you is, anyone is anti slash if they dont think he is the best guitar player ever. He is not the best ever. He is in the top 20 no doubt.

And like I said before, YES I have heard of BH before he was in gnr. I saw him a few times when he toured with Primus.

You cannot even argue that Slash is better than BH techinally, so why even do it? You can claim that slash can write more hits that is fine, but BH is not about writing hits.

Wow, a buckethead vs. slash debate. We haven't had one of those in a while.

Seriously though, who cares who is better. It is not like someone is putting a gun to your head asking you to choose one over the other. As long as you derive enjoyment from their music, I would say they have done their job.

Yep but since slashisgnr is back, Im sure he will turn a lot of threads into slash vs bh.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 02:14:42 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2005, 02:38:18 PM »

Dave, when people say you're anti-Slash, they probably think about the stuff you write in the VR section...

and..DAMN, you saw Bucket with Primus??
that's fuckin awesome!
that's maybe the most technical able band on the planet, not only that, they make cool songs too.

this was with Brain on the drums, right?
I can't decide who my fav Primus drummer is, both Herb and Brain are fantastic, and VERY different!

back to topic, I would love to see AXL live again, doesn't matter who he's with.
if he plays with nu GN'R, then awesome. if it's the original lineup (which will never happen), then it would make my decade! peace
but it would be cool to see him just as a guest singer on some sort of event too.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2005, 02:56:10 PM »

Dave, when people say you're anti-Slash, they probably think about the stuff you write in the VR section...

and..DAMN, you saw Bucket with Primus??
that's fuckin awesome!
that's maybe the most technical able band on the planet, not only that, they make cool songs too.

this was with Brain on the drums, right?
I can't decide who my fav Primus drummer is, both Herb and Brain are fantastic, and VERY different!

back to topic, I would love to see AXL live again, doesn't matter who he's with.
if he plays with nu GN'R, then awesome. if it's the original lineup (which will never happen), then it would make my decade! peace
but it would be cool to see him just as a guest singer on some sort of event too.

What I say about slash in the VR is true. Slash has not written anything in VR that was as great as his stuff in gnr.  You cannot deny that. Also, to get back on topic, I still think Axl will get a 3rd player for tour. If the new songs have 3 guitar players for their songs, I dont see how they can do it with only two. Its one thing breaking up two guitar parts for three players but its another to try and make two parts when it should be three parts.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: