Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  i'm eager to see gn'r live without buckethead
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: i'm eager to see gn'r live without buckethead  (Read 11438 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« on: June 30, 2005, 09:44:53 PM »

actually i'm eager to see them at all, but i want to see how the band functions without buckethead and what has changed in the last 3 years, if the old songs sound better and if they will include new ones. right now i'm more eager to see them live than to see CD, i'm so used to the wait that CD ever dropping will seem un-real. smoking anyway even when buckethead was in the band i thought of robin and tommy along with axl as the core of the new guns n' roses, they've been there the longest and were duff and slash's actual replacements. i'm also eager to see how richard and robin can pull of their guitar duties without buckethead being involved, i think it will turn out great. do you think there's a chance they will be ready for a tour, or at least a live appearence, anytime soon? i know it's a shot in the dark but they need to excercise their live skills before CD drops to show people that they still are a live band. just my 2 cents. smoking

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:50:01 PM »

btw, i just want to say that i think we all are priveliged to witness the rise of this band like this, it's a beatiful thing to follow, seeing as this community isn't really that big. once chinese democracy drops we will be the proud ones, the ones who believed from the start, and we will watch the rest of the world follow. smoking

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 09:58:25 PM »

GNR isnt even close to touring. We'll be damn lucky if there's even any work being done on the album. Although I like your optimism, its definitely fantasyland. If Axl backed out of Rio, what makes you think he'll do a whole tour? And you want Axl to tour without CD release? Damn, thats funny! Its not 2002. The novelty has worn off. He has to have an album out before he even thinks about the word 'tour'. If they try another 2002 again, he will be singing to empty arenas. No one gives a fuck about a rehash of AFD, with a couple others thrown in. I've been a fan since the beginning, but if he tours without CD in the stores, I'm not going, and many others feel the same. It's time we stop filling this guy's pockets so he can continue to sit on his ass.

snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 10:11:32 PM »

yeah maybe that was the reason the tour was canceled.............no cd,       people behind axl didn't see any cd coming they probably said no cd.........no tour. so it may not be in axl's hands anymore and he ain't gonna' talk about it.

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 11:32:04 PM »

actually i'm eager to see them at all, but i want to see how the band functions without buckethead and what has changed in the last 3 years, if the old songs sound better and if they will include new ones. right now i'm more eager to see them live than to see CD, i'm so used to the wait that CD ever dropping will seem un-real. smoking anyway even when buckethead was in the band i thought of robin and tommy along with axl as the core of the new guns n' roses, they've been there the longest and were duff and slash's actual replacements. i'm also eager to see how richard and robin can pull of their guitar duties without buckethead being involved, i think it will turn out great. do you think there's a chance they will be ready for a tour, or at least a live appearence, anytime soon? i know it's a shot in the dark but they need to excercise their live skills before CD drops to show people that they still are a live band. just my 2 cents. smoking

Still a band? Were they ever a band? They played like 15 shows during an aborted tour a few years ago.  With no album, no tour, no video, no single, no dates, and no news - there is NO BAND.

"It'll be out by 2009"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 11:37:40 PM »

Still a band? Were they ever a band? They played like 15 shows during an aborted tour a few years ago.? With no album, no tour, no video, no single, no dates, and no news - there is NO BAND.

Go back to the hole you crawled out of. You should have stayed gone if you are going bash the band dont post.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 11:42:40 PM »

GNRisSlash, I couldnt have said it better myself. I'm glad a few people here are finally starting to realize the truth. Have you been over to mygnr recently? There is ALOT of people starting to realize its a fraud. They're not really "giving up", because they want to see how the story ends. I feel the same. I dont think its ever coming out. I'm just very intrigued by the whole thing. I made a prediction along time ago, and I'm gonna stick to it: "IF" CD ever comes out, it will be forced by Geffen/Interscope, and it will be an EP with 7 or 8 songs. Tommy actually hinted at this when he said CD would be a short album. Of course, that comment by him was ignored by the extremely optimistic fans.

GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 11:53:12 PM »

Jameslofton - I was on this board in 2000, 2001, etc.  There were blind loyalists who had a new release date every week and defended Rose to the hilt.  And, there were realists, who, like you, would love to see the album but don't believe in Rose's ability to deliver anything.  I can't believe there are any loyalists left.  It's been 10 years since their last album.  It's been 3 years since their MTV appearance.  It's been about 5 years since their last official new song, End of Days.  They've gone through countless musicians, managers, producers, replacements for them, and replacements for their replacements.  Axl marches to his own beat and clearly isn't driven to release anything.  I agree 1000% with you.  I too believe if it ever comes out, it will be forced out and the material will be dated anyway.  As the title of this thread says: i'm eager to see gn'r live without buckethead too.  I'd like to see them with Slash, Izzy, etc.  I'd be happy with an Axl solo tour.  But after a decade, I don't think anyone should be holding their breath (DaveGnR2K7)

"It'll be out by 2009"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 12:10:39 AM »

GNRisSlash, I remember those years on this forum. Back then, I didnt post, I just read the forum. Everyone thinking Axl could do no wrong, CD was right around the corner, etc. There's not as many people saying that anymore, is there? Axl's fanbase is going to explode when Jan 2006 comes around and there is no CD. People are very frustrated with this shit. I was over at mygnr the other night, and there was a thread discussing the idea of "giving up". It actually started to bum me out. LOL! I wish someone would write a book about the making of CD. It could be done without help from an insider. There is enough facts, quotes from bandmembers, etc. to be able to pull it off. Its just a matter of time before someone exposes this whole thing. The NYT article came pretty damn close, they just didn't dig deep enough. I have a subscription to Time magazine. One of these days, I'm gonna open my mailbox and it will be in there with a picture of Axl and the headline' The Chinese Democracy Hoax'.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 12:21:33 AM »

Quite a brain trust in this thread.....with fans like you, no wonder Axl is taking his time.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 12:31:29 AM »

Killingvector, if there wasn't fans like me, Axl would have never made any money.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 12:44:55 AM »

How did something as simple as a post about wanting to see GN'R without Buckethead turn into an Axl bash?? Axl Rose owes us shit, he's repeatedly told us to live our lives and not worry about his album.? Everyone reading this makes a choice to be a GN'R fan and follow Chinese Democracy.? I believe that the CD will someday come out, but when and under what terms would be purely speculation and unfounded.? Those who believe Chinese Democracy will be perfection are kidding themselves, perfection is impossible.? Members of this forum repeatedly denounce the new members of GN'R as being clueless yet constantly and consistently use their comments to condemn Chinese Democracy, GN'R and Axl.? Which is it, you can't have your cake and eat it to.? Since? there is no current news in the GN'R camp, what gives you the audacity to continually turn every thread in a negative marketplace of ideas regarding GN'R and Axl.? Chinese Democracy will come when it comes and we all know that.? Getting all worked up and bitching on internet forums is a waste of energy and if I'm correct, I believe against the spirit of the site Jarmo created.? We all know that Axl and other members of GN'R have/do visit this site, and if their biggest fans are making comments like some of you, I can understand why he may be hesitant to release the damn thing; although that assumes that he cares what other people think of his work and that is a big assumption.?

-- Back on to the original topic

I too am excited to see the band without Buckethead.? Buckethead is an amazing guitarist and I have some of his albums, but in my opinion he wasn't very "GN'R".? I think that Robin and Richard will do an amazing job with guitar duties when and if GN'R ever decides to return to the masses and perform.? Regardless of who and how Axl returns to the public with, I believe it will be one hell of a show and am going to keep living MY life until maybe one day Axl and Co. return.?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 01:38:47 AM by Guns N RockMusic » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 12:58:58 AM »

Guns n Rockmusic, I actually agree with your statement about everything on the forum being completely different than what was Jarmo's intentions for the site. If memory serves me correctly, when this site first started, it was mostly the hardcore fans discussing the good old days, and just a little discussion about a new album. CD changed all that. CD has created alot of frustrated people(I'm including myself). If CD had never been mentioned, this site would be like it was many years ago. But Axl opened up Pandora's Box. And there's alot of people pissed that Pandora's box apparently was empty.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 01:57:27 AM »

Guns n Rockmusic, I actually agree with your statement about everything on the forum being completely different than what was Jarmo's intentions for the site. If memory serves me correctly, when this site first started, it was mostly the hardcore fans discussing the good old days, and just a little discussion about a new album. CD changed all that. CD has created alot of frustrated people(I'm including myself). If CD had never been mentioned, this site would be like it was many years ago. But Axl opened up Pandora's Box. And there's alot of people pissed that Pandora's box apparently was empty.

The forum wasn't like that at all. Occasionally there were bullshit threads, like this one, but Jarmo quickly finds a refuse bin into which he files them.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 02:50:01 AM »

Guns n Rockmusic, I actually agree with your statement about everything on the forum being completely different than what was Jarmo's intentions for the site.

What's my intentions then?

Som people seem to think they know what this site is for and why I do it etc.

This board is still here for the same reason it was started in the first place, a place for fans to discuss their favorite band. Notice I said discuss and not whine.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 02:55:45 AM »

GNR isnt even close to touring. We'll be damn lucky if there's even any work being done on the album. Although I like your optimism, its definitely fantasyland. If Axl backed out of Rio, what makes you think he'll do a whole tour? And you want Axl to tour without CD release? Damn, thats funny! Its not 2002. The novelty has worn off. He has to have an album out before he even thinks about the word 'tour'. If they try another 2002 again, he will be singing to empty arenas. No one gives a fuck about a rehash of AFD, with a couple others thrown in. I've been a fan since the beginning, but if he tours without CD in the stores, I'm not going, and many others feel the same. It's time we stop filling this guy's pockets so he can continue to sit on his ass.

But this over a year ago rio was cancelled I think a lot of work can be done within one year

EEEERRRR Little boy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 03:22:19 AM »

Jarmo, I figured your intentions were for people to talk about their favorite band. Hell, until I discovered your site many years ago, I didnt know that there were so many hardcore fans. I thought I was literally 'one in a million'. This site showed me that indeed, there were others like me out there after all. People who loved GNR despite the fact that it was uncool to like them. I respect all GNR fans. It has been a difficult journey and sometimes it gets very frustrating trying to 'stay the course'. But Jarmo, you have to admit, the atmosphere on this site(and other GNR forums) completely changed once Axl brought CD into the picture. Its like the GNR fanbase split into 2 different factions, and they have been at war with each other for about 6 years. You have the people who think Axl is God's gift to this earth and can make no mistakes on one side, and on the other side is people like me, who think he is the greatest frontman in history but has major problems and is having MAJOR problems at creating an album and is tarnishing the band's legacy in the process. These two different sides is basically a pressure cooker way overdue to explode. The only thing that will relieve that pressure is the release of CD. A weekly Sp1at interview or half assed tour isnt going to do it.

journey
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 03:44:06 AM »

This site showed me that indeed, there were others like me out there after all. People who loved GNR despite the fact that it was uncool to like them.

What's your damage, Heather?

It's never been uncool to like GNR. 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 04:01:17 AM »

'What's your damage, Heather?' What the hell does that mean?? By the way, it was very uncool to like GNR in the mid 90's, late 90's, and the past couple of years. But I never cared. I was proud to wear my Axl shirts and GNR shirts. In fact, I just bought an Axl shirt 2 days ago. The front of the shirt is covered with a picture of Axl with his cap on backwards and he's wearing a GNR shirt. The back of the shirt has the barb wired skull logo. Its very cool. It was probably made in a sweatshop somewhere, but they did a DAMN GOOD job!

journey
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 04:05:54 AM »

'What's your damage, Heather?' What the hell does that mean?? By the way, it was very uncool to like GNR in the mid 90's, late 90's, and the past couple of years.

It's from a movie called, Heathers. (cult classic)

I guess people walk in different sands of coolness.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: