Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 08:59:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE ALERT: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' To Surface In November?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE ALERT: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' To Surface In November?  (Read 10371 times)
TWOIFBYSEA
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 09:44:37 AM »

*stops holding breath* *thinks for a sec* ................

*resumes holding breath*
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 09:45:42 AM »

I'm going to be the ultimate cynic here . . . ?Angry

If I ran an obscure web-site like Pause & Play, I might post a fake release date for Chinese Democracy just to generate some traffic.

If Sanctuary or Geffen were to give any web-site the inside track on a release date, don't you think it would be this one first?!!! Honestly.

Heh heh...I wouldn't call that cynicism...I'd call it realism. Smiley

Especially considering what we've seen in the past.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 09:46:51 AM »

*stops holding breath* *thinks for a sec* ................

*resumes holding breath*

Man, even if it DOES come out Novemeber 29th....you're gonna be one blue assed motherfucker come then.

Shocked Grin

Edit: Mods...Twoifbysea's title should now be "Papa Smurf".....

Together again,
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 09:59:51 AM »

OK, well i guess we'll just have to wait and see........... Undecided Undecided Undecided

What's so civil about war anyway?
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 10:07:08 AM »

I doubt this is true. As soon as there is a real release date. I think it's more likely it will be Axl or someone else related to the making of CD to make the announcement rather than some website.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 10:29:08 AM »

When press release hits,
Billboard will have it up fast
So keep checking there.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 10:39:36 AM »

i think it?s bullshit. if there was a release date announced or there just was one we wouldn`t get to know it from a site most of us never heard of before. i guess there was a press release from geffen (or sanctuary??) on gnronline.com or we`d get the news from mtv.com or something.

i keep checking this site and someday, hopefully.......... peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 10:42:11 AM »

According to Pause & Play, Geffen Records has set a November 29, 2005 release date for the long-awaited GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy".

Why the fuck would Pause & Play announce a release date the Geffen has set. I think Geffen would announce their own announcements. Maybe that's just me though. Unless it is one of those, "If someone else says it then we can deny it if it doesn't happen" things.

If it looks like shit and smells like shit, then guess what it is?

I ain't beleving nothin 'til it's in my fucking hand. rant

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 10:50:03 AM »

Chinese Democracy starts NOW!!!

That's the spirit!? hihi

Like the rest, I'm not gonna get my hopes up because of this. We've seen the release date mentioned on a few sites over the years.....

Edit: That site also says "Chinese Democracy" (producer: Sean Beavan; first single: "Catcher in the Rye"; Read here)

/jarmo

yeah and when you click the 'Read Here' link this is what comes up.

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' Out By Christmas? - May 17, 2005?

Sp1at.com has issued the following report:

GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited comeback album, "Chinese Democracy", will be out by Christmas 2005, according to one employee at Universal Music Group.

Sp1at.com recently spoke to the UMG worker, who said "The release of 'Chinese Democracy' is being organised now but it is being dealt with by the top people," although he did admit that due to this he "will not be able to get specific information on anything in the coming months."

When asked whether the album would see the light of day in 2005, he replied "'Chinese Democracy' will be out by Christmas. I am quite certain of that."

Whether or not this means that Axl Rose has handed over a completed copy of the album to the record company is currently unknown. However, going on Axl's previous record, it would be very foolish on Interscope and Sanctuary's behalf to be discussing the release process without having actually received a finished product.

In response to the latest rumors that an Interscope employee suggested the album would be out by Christmas, the UMG worker said, "It is unlikely that representatives of Interscope are likely to know anything about CD [at this stage]."?

Its crap!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 11:00:11 AM by Neemo » Logged

TWOIFBYSEA
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2005, 10:53:48 AM »

no where does it say "sp1at says Nov 29" so lets put to bed any ideas sp1at is behind this...... save your flaming for pause & play
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2005, 11:02:33 AM »

no where does it say "sp1at says Nov 29" so lets put to bed any ideas sp1at is behind this...... save your flaming for pause & play

we put no ideas to bed....

when you go to the link that?s the "source" i think, it`s this fuckin splat rumour.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 11:04:42 AM »

Sorry i took the bold off of Sp1at, I'm just saying Pause & Play links to an old article from them, an artitcle which we've all read before. It seems that the same story is getting around to everyone finally. So now we're gonna hear all kinds of rumors about an actual release day from now until christmas.

Basically it's the same shit different year.

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 11:05:32 AM »

There are 2 stories.
The 11/29
And the one from Sp1at.

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
madagas
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 11:06:06 AM »

should this be in the cd release date rumor thread? Grin
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 11:06:29 AM »

when you go to the link that?s the "source" i think, it`s this fuckin splat rumour.

No, it's not from Sp1at.  Sp1at has never given a specific date, Nov. 29th or any other.  It's only been speculated that it will be a 4th quarter, pre-Christmas release.

Furthermore, this site says that Sean Beavan is the producer when he hasn't been involved in years.

Ali
vivek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 11:08:37 AM »

Isn't the court date set for November 2005 where Axl is being sued by Slash & Company regarding rights to the name GNR?  And for Axl not letting certain Guns songs to be used in movies and commercials and such?  I doubt he'd want to release an album under the GNR name before this issue is settled.  Surely he doesn't want to release it now, only to have some of Axl's royalties taken away by his former bandmates.

Personally, I think whenever that issue is resolved, we'll get the album.  So November or December 2005 could be somewhat legit ... who knows?
usurper
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »

I fucking doubt anything will come from this rumour
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2005, 11:14:53 AM »

No, it's not from Sp1at.? Sp1at has never given a specific date, Nov. 29th or any other.? It's only been speculated that it will be a 4th quarter, pre-Christmas release.

Furthermore, this site says that Sean Beavan is the producer when he hasn't been involved in years.

Ali

Yeah, its probably a combination of the two, These Pause & Play guys read the Sp1at article find the closest Tuesday to December , then go to a GnR Fan page and see Catcher in the Rye as a song title and Sean Beavan as a producer and BLAM!!! they have a "news story". BULLSHIT!!!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2005, 11:19:04 AM »

Isn't the court date set for November 2005 where Axl is being sued by Slash & Company regarding rights to the name GNR?? And for Axl not letting certain Guns songs to be used in movies and commercials and such?? I doubt he'd want to release an album under the GNR name before this issue is settled.? Surely he doesn't want to release it now, only to have some of Axl's royalties taken away by his former bandmates.

Personally, I think whenever that issue is resolved, we'll get the album.? So November or December 2005 could be somewhat legit ... who knows?

The lawsuit does not concern who owns the rights to the name GnR.  No one disputes that Axl owns the rights to the name.  The lawsuit disputes who controls the past GnR catalog, and it's use.  Slash and Duff contend that, when Axl excersised his "out" clause of the legal Guns n Roses partnership (and, thereby, claimed all future rights to the use of the name Guns n Roses), he gave up his rights to control the use of the back catalog, since he was "quitting" the partnership that controlled that catalog.  It's sort of convoluted....

Together again,
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2005, 11:56:16 AM »

Lest anyone get worked up over this....it's not an official date....

There's been lots of rumors running around in retail, most of them concerning dates in November.? This is one of them.? They're just that, right now...rumors.

Good idea.? Until we hear from Uncle Axl, this means nothing.? If this date is indeed true.? We should hear something within the next few days.

And the reason it's the most popular rumor floating around retail is because of the date: It's the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.? The holiday shopping season will have started....? If you think back, we get a rumor of release on that Tuesday (or the previous Tuesday...or on "Black Friday) every year....

I've shot an email off to a friend of mine who works in PR and Marketing for a mid-sized music chain (owned by a much larger chain) to get her impression of this.? When last I spoke to her (a week or so ago), she'd heard nothing.

Hey Pilferk, do you think your PR & Marketing friend rolls his(or her) eyes, sighs,? shakes his head slowly, & says "poor Pilferk" everytime he gets an Axl-related rumor email from you? Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: