Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bad News : Chinese Democracy WILL be released sept 20 , but it wont be ..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad News : Chinese Democracy WILL be released sept 20 , but it wont be ..  (Read 6720 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 04:48:18 PM »

This was bound to happen eventually, considering how long the title has floated around without being used. A few months ago, I said that when I finished my novel I was going to name it 'Chinese Democracy'(I was only joking). Apparently, these people aren't joking. I'm actually shocked it was an unknown band that did it. I always expected it to be a band that hates Axl(Motley Crue) or some Rap/Hip Hop artist trying to get attention.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

well just like there are many songs witht eh same title I wonder if two albums can have the same name..? I'm sure it can happen.. CD has gotten press knownas the long awaited album that axl never produces but on the other hand if n when it does come out does the name really matter, only die hards and musicians following really care about the title..  I think axl should have just kept the name secret and not even mentioned it until he was ready then none of this could happen. He could have said I am working on an album and that's it..
MikeB
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 06:26:25 PM »

I hope this album does come out under the CD name. At this point things like this are the only way we will get any sort of news or comments from Axl. What do you expect? This album has become such a joke in the media and in the music industry.
Yeah let this band take the freaking album title, it sounds gay for Gn'R anyway .
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 06:32:21 PM by MikeB » Logged
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 07:38:10 PM »

Axls laywers will have a field day on this one ok
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2005, 09:34:13 PM »

No one will even know this band released this album since no one knows who they are.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2005, 10:29:52 PM »

Dave, thats true. But the sad thing about it is when a GNR fan types the name Chinese Democracy into a search engine, this album will likely come up, giving it alot of attention.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 12:22:27 AM »

u cant copyright song or album titles
this is what happens when u mention something and dont follow through, u get ripped off.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 12:28:27 AM »

D, you make a really good point. Axl was going to get ripped off eventually. He's extremely lucky that its such an unknown band. If this band gets alot of publicity over this, Axl will probably scrap the name CD.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2005, 12:43:44 AM »

The band wont be unknown once they release the album. If this album get's out , with that name they will get a ton of press whereas writers will just wanna slag off on axl and joke about how another band released chinese democracy.

Dignan
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2005, 10:12:58 AM »

I highly doubt this band even knows who Guns N' Roses are, and if they do, I highly doubt they think they are still together and "releasing" an album called 'Chinese Democracy'. Don't lose any sleep over this one folks...

Dignan.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 10:19:30 AM »

I highly doubt this band even knows who Guns N' Roses are, and if they do, I highly doubt they think they are still together and "releasing" an album called 'Chinese Democracy'. Don't lose any sleep over this one folks...

Dignan.

Uh, gotta disagree on this one.  This band knows exactly who GNR are.  They're taking advantage of the album name.  But you're rightabout one thing.  This is nothing to lose sleep over.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 10:42:23 AM »

I looked on HMV canada website and they don't have that information posted there. They are teamed with Amazon.ca (who don't have it listed either

Also their website doesn't have a new album listed to come out this year.

By the preview tracks for the album called "Aztec disipline" on cduniverse they sound like simon and garfunkle or something
Yep, it's Strange.
I did some search and I failed to see any reason they should make a mock. They sound way too decent and modest. Their fan bracket, which is far from MTV-trend-oriented, doesn't seem to overlap with GNR's. Either way, I don't think this petit release will hinder the other one.
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 08:21:47 PM »

u cant copyright song or album titles

I have the perfect name for the new Velvet Revolver album..... hihi

Chineese Democracy will represent Matt's, Slash, Duff's, freedom from Axl. ok

Please send me my check now thank you.
dustNroses
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 03:58:08 AM »

Its good that they did that, Maybe now Axl will release his first to beat them
shaun
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 05:05:56 AM »

(i) Remember flicking through some CDs in a record shop afew years ago and noticed that theres a band called Nirvana, not the Nirvana most people know though, some band that look like they were around in either 60s or 70s  Smiley
darkmonth
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 07:03:46 AM »

Umm, didnt Axl stop Offspring legally? He used the Chinese Democracy name for the tour in 2002 and for shirts and shit, and the logo reveal. Didnt that legally entitle him to the name, so Offspring said it wasnt worth it when they got the legal papers sent to them?

If Offspring couldn't use it, how could these douche's.

Now, the flipside. As a new band that pretty much has no chance of going anywhere (this being a dog eat dog business), you do whatever the fuck you have to to be heard (generally assuming your music and image is good). This being a publicity stunt, is pathetic as shit.

...but I understand.

The Offspring did that as a joke.  They were never going to do shit with the name.  It was a joke that's all.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 10:45:01 AM »

I am sure Axl copywrited the name, I highly doubt he is not going to sue over this.    I can't see him letting another band use this name and if it is copywrited, it isn't legal, right?..correct me if I am wrong but can they use it without getting legal action taken against them?

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2005, 02:57:22 PM »

I have never heard of Kingsbury Manx and after Sept. 20th, I don`t think we`ll know who they are then either.

What a cheap publicity ploy. Even if they ise CD as a title It won`t affect GNR  at all. ( not much affects GNR these days)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dustNroses
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2005, 01:47:12 AM »

Maybe it is Guns N Roses, Just Axls side project, That would be cool.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2005, 10:28:16 AM »

According to the record company site, the album's been renamed.

The Fast Rise and Fall Of The South

Looks like Kingsbury Manx found out who they were messin' with.  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: