Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832002 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10700 on: September 02, 2007, 09:57:27 AM »

The ECW Title changes hands on the free show/taping?

Looks like the Guru of Growth Hormone and the Shaman of Stanozolol has been suspended!   hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10701 on: September 02, 2007, 10:10:50 AM »

Jeff Hardy VS. Umaga for the IC Title on Raw?? I think we know what's happening there but how are they going to get Umaga off TV for several weeks? I don't see him getting 'injured' in a match with Jeff.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10702 on: September 02, 2007, 11:13:36 AM »

Jeff Hardy VS. Umaga for the IC Title on Raw?? I think we know what's happening there but how are they going to get Umaga off TV for several weeks? I don't see him getting 'injured' in a match with Jeff.

since he was behaving erradically - fans cheering when he squashed santino couple weeks back -some ideas : santino gets revenge, Kinngee captures him to return him to his aggressive roots, or armando estrada does that.

Yah! the Punk era begins! .... finally... toss that punk guy -what's his name who was hanging with Matt hardy and now doing a punk gimic ...to go against CM...who's the real punk or something like that.

enjoy the labor day vacation guys and remember all the workers who make wrestling fun.  beer
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10703 on: September 02, 2007, 12:08:32 PM »

Eugene has been released!

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but, in light of recent events and the fact Eugene passed out in a hotel the other year, maybe they are just making sure they get rid before he fucks up again.? Shame really, as a comedy jobber he had an alright role, there's much worse they could of fired.? I still think they missed out with him with the chance for the ultimate heel turn, where he comes out, as normal and then (In Usual Suspects fashion..) starts walking normally and acting like a regular dude, and then cuts a promo saying he was faking all along just so he'd be popular and so on, could of worked and it would of been the only way to stop him playing a retard....

The ECW Title changes hands on the free show/taping?

Looks like the Guru of Growth Hormone and the Shaman of Stanozolol has been suspended!   hihi
Well since they have exhausted and killed his feud with Punk and he's crushed the likes of Dreamer they would be best bringing him back after his suspension on Smackdown, a feud with say Matt Hardy would do him good.  The ECW roster is so limited and WWE rushes rematch after rematch the show is stale because so many matches have been done to death.  Thorn vs Richards we got every week for a month, Burke has gone through every face except for Boogeyman.  Within' a month Big Daddy V will of crushed the whole roster.  I realise that the reduce air time means having a reduced roster but shows like Smackdown have guys like the Cruiserweights & The Majors who are lucky if they get featured monthly, surely they'd be better bulking up the ECW roster for the sake of variety....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 12:15:16 PM by Hammy » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10704 on: September 02, 2007, 04:42:11 PM »

Cryme Tyme released
Written: September 2, 2007

WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstars Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and Jayson Paul) as of September 2. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10705 on: September 02, 2007, 04:44:29 PM »

Anyone think theres a possibility of the brands combining again in the future?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10706 on: September 02, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »

Cryme Tyme released

WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstars Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and Jayson Paul) as of September 2. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors.
What in the name of all things smurf did they do?  They are the most over team on the roster, they are so damn popular, they must really of pissed someone off.  Wow!  They may not of been anything decent in the ring but i found them very entertaining and obviously so did many of the fans.  No way would WWE just sack 'em with no reason and their names haven't been mentioned in the wellness stuff...weird, shame, oh well... confused

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10707 on: September 02, 2007, 05:21:59 PM »

Cryme Tyme released

What in the name of all things smurf did they do?? They are the most over team on the roster, they are so damn popular, they must really of pissed someone off.? Wow!? They may not of been anything decent in the ring but i found them very entertaining and obviously so did many of the fans.? No way would WWE just sack 'em with no reason and their names haven't been mentioned in the wellness stuff...weird, shame, oh well... confused

That sucks. Sad I agree, they were popular. Odd move.

This is something that was posted on the net a little while back but I may as well post it here just now for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's from the latest issue of the Sky magazine.

Love WWE? call 0870 243 4548 from 1st September for an exclusive 3 for 2 offer. you'll get NO MERCY on 7th October, SURVIVOR SERIES on 18th November and ARMAGEDDON on 16th December for only ?29.90 - that's a saving of ?14.95!"

Obviously you have to have Sky and live in the UK. Tongue That's got to fit someone here....

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10708 on: September 02, 2007, 06:00:29 PM »

av heard berk is to be released

and apparently Cryme Tyme did something to piss off cade and merdoc

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #10709 on: September 02, 2007, 06:06:03 PM »

Damm i love Cryme Tyme i am kind of pissed that thay are gone

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #10710 on: September 02, 2007, 07:07:46 PM »

The feeling backstage at today's Raw taping is that the wrestlers expect more talent to be fired later today on the heels of the Signature Pharmacy drug scandal. There is even a rumor going around (this should be stressed as a rumor) that one top wrestler on Raw involved in the scandal may have given his notice to leave the company on his own accord. There is actually a name going around, but it can only be confirmed if its 100% correct.

You should also expect a title change in the Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga match at tonight's Raw tapings.

The Raw brand had the most wrestlers involved in the Signature Pharmacy drug scandal with seven in total. Those wrestlers are Randy Orton (who apparently has been cleared), Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, Charlie Haas, William Regal, King Booker and Santino Marella.

source: PWInsider.com

Dammm i wonder who it could be.....

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10711 on: September 02, 2007, 07:37:26 PM »

haha - that is kinda funny  - Cryme Tyme fired - was it all tied to this drug thing? Yo money money.

Wonder how tna is going to react to all this - they better step up. If there was a time to raise the bar - now would be it as wwe on the ropes. Push those X division stars ...... Ross kinda warns in his report that now might be a good time for wwe new/ underused talent to step up over in wwe - so hope WWE doesnt end up still kkicking the crap outta tna.

but tna angle with all those titles - come on now. Push JOE ! -- oh Sh!T - if tna hires Umaga we get JOE VS UMAGA!! now that's cool  smoking
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10712 on: September 03, 2007, 07:58:35 AM »

Source: PWTorch.com

This weekend, WWE released SmackDown! wrestler Eugene and RAW tag team Cryme Time.

Eugene was released by WWE because he recently violated WWE's Wellness Policy for a third time. After a recent drug test, Eugene had a prescription drug show up in his system and he was unable to produce proof the drug was properly prescribed to him by a doctor.

As for Crime Tyme, there's a very interesting story behind this one. Backstage, there has been heat between Crime Tyme and Cade & Murdoch for several weeks. During an altercation at a house show this weekend, shad from Crime Tyme said to Trevor Murdock, "Whatever happens out there happens". This was seen as a direct threat and Murdoch addressed Shad's threat in front of the rest of the locker room.

Cade & Murdoch decided to pull a rib on Crime Tyme involving the referee of their match that night and a major swerve. There is a spot in the match where JTG gets bumnped out of the ring and gets back in right before getting counted out. The swerve is that the refs were going to count very fast at the end and disqualify Crime Tyme - -without them knowing hte real finish to the match. After it went down, Crime Tyme was shocked -- but immediately gave the referee their finishing maneuver - took off his belt and auctioned it off in the crowd!

Although the referee was protected during the move and they stayed in character by auctioning off his belt, Crime Tyme still performed their finisher on somebody who did not expect it or was trained to take it and were seen as the real "bad guys" of the whole situation. They were released after the show.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10713 on: September 05, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »

There had been recent speculation that Mark Henry's days in the WWE were coming to the end when his contract expired, but The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Henry recently signed a contract renewal.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that GERWECK.NET Hall of Famer Ric Flair gave notice to WWE back around 8/21.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10714 on: September 05, 2007, 11:39:36 AM »

Source ABCNews.com

ABC News is confirming that tests conducted by Julian Bailes of the Sports Legacy Institute show that Chris Benoit?s brain was severely damaged at the time he murdered his wife and son before taking his own life. According to the tests his brain resembled that of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient. Bailes said that the damage was the result of lifetime chronic concussions and head trauma.

Chris Benoit was famous for his flying headbutt, which is a lot of stress on the brain each time the maneuver is pulled off. While nothing can justify his actions, this at least helps the coping process.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10715 on: September 05, 2007, 01:11:10 PM »

I bet that's the flying headbutt never used by the WWE again.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10716 on: September 05, 2007, 01:24:30 PM »

They already have chokes banned, so it's more than likely.  Roll Eyes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10717 on: September 05, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »

They already have chokes banned, so it's more than likely.? Roll Eyes
Chokes should be temporary since it's merely out of good taste.  The flyin' headbutt, yeah ban it, one thing that should definately be banned is steel chair shots to the head.  Non wrestling fans watch and merely think they are plastic chairs with sound effects dubbed in, many of those shots are sick and they really aren't needed because of the long term problems they can lead to.  Guys like Mick Foley may be alright now but a few more comebacks and sick matches and in 10 years things could be quite different...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10718 on: September 05, 2007, 08:42:20 PM »

They already have chokes banned, so it's more than likely.? Roll Eyes
Chokes should be temporary since it's merely out of good taste.? The flyin' headbutt, yeah ban it, one thing that should definately be banned is steel chair shots to the head.? Non wrestling fans watch and merely think they are plastic chairs with sound effects dubbed in, many of those shots are sick and they really aren't needed because of the long term problems they can lead to.? Guys like Mick Foley may be alright now but a few more comebacks and sick matches and in 10 years things could be quite different...

I loved watching Bam Bam do his head butt from the top, and I loved seeing Andre the Giant smach his melon into opponents ( while standing up as he oviously isnt climbing anything) Chris Benoit was really good at it too. And now they are all dead any maybe the days of the flying head butt.

I agree with you on the steel chair hammy, if you look back 15-20 years ago a chair shot was RARELY seen, now you see 2-3 every raw and it has lost some of its appeal as being a "special weapon"  I wouldnt eliminate it but only have talent use them sparringly every blue moon so it adds some character back.

Is the piledriver still outlawed in the WWE?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10719 on: September 05, 2007, 09:04:16 PM »

what about a f'n SLEDGEHAMMER!!!

i remember watching the flair vs HHH match and head shot after head shot - PPV to raw more of the same. hey where is Flair for the past several months?
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: