Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831009 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10600 on: August 15, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »

Mike Johnson is also reporting that Jerry Lynn, Matt Bentley, Brother Runt, Damaja and Basham are all gone from TNA. Apparently Lynn asked for his release and the company obliged.

They really blew it with Bentley and Lynn.  They were both fantastic in early TNA and helped get the X Division off the ground.  With Bentley being related to Shawn Michaels WWE should definately sign the dude up and push him, as for Lynn, a bit of time as an ECW Original wouldn't do any harm putting over guys like Burke, they could have some sweet matches. yes
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10601 on: August 16, 2007, 12:35:42 AM »

as long as they havent cut Backlund and Kevin Nash all is fine with me. their skits and non-wrestling stuff is funny.

that Serotin thing was just boring. Maybe if they had the 2 hours and it was 5 years ago and called it Raven's flock or nest or something. finally done. and when will this Robert roode thing feud be over.  rant nothing against SoCal val, but i'm thinking ms brooks should be in a playboy spread already.

where is Larry Zybsco, Shane Douglas? - if ecw needed some new old blood - they should try signing those old dudes and in a month when Dudleys contract up - resign them. then ecw will be worth watching. now it is like the old Heat.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10602 on: August 16, 2007, 04:36:20 AM »

You'll definatly be devistated by this:

World Wrestling Entertainment has learned that Bryan Adams, also known to our fans as Crush from Demolition, has been found dead today
The following is from WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has learned that Bryan Adams, also known to our fans as Crush, has been found dead today. More details are unknown; stay tuned to WWE.com as they become available.

Holy Crud!

Crush was always one of my faves since a child, this is a damn shame, every incarnation of his i marked for.? Being part of Demolition when he started out i remember getting the action figure and thinking how bad ass it looked, it's only years later you look back and notice they pretty much wore bondage style gear with a KISS thing going on, still, it looked cool then.? When he returned as the Haiwain Crush i was a mark for him yet again with his goofy purple and yellow outfit and dodgy mullet and that great finisher the cranium crusher, i remember him defeating Repo Man at a Summerslam with it.? He then feuded with the Evil Doink (Now this Doink was really awesome, seriously..) leading to one of the only fun matches at the worst Wrestlemania ever (IX).? He also feuded with HBK a lot.? A few days ago i got "The Best of the Intercontinental Championship" off ebay for a cheap price, now it's definately a misnamed DVD but one of the main reasons i nabbed it besides the Jannetty vs HBK match was Crush taking on HBK, now the match isn't much to watch but i just remember watching it back in the day and marking for it, since it was on Sky from Sheffield England and then i did not have Sky but my neighbour recorded stuff for me all the time and she got the entire event which made me so happy (Being an 8 Year Old wrestling obsessed kid).? His heel turn led to him probably having the match of his career at the first event i stayed up and watched when it was broadcast live to the uk.? From my years as a fan from 1991-1993 it had been through tapes the next day off frends and neighbours and renting videos from the store.? This event i was about to see live on tv was Wrestlemania X.? Now being a HBK mark i was pumped for the Ladder Match but i was also really looking forward to the Randy Savage vs Crush battle.? It was a great match going all the way through to the back and it really solidified him as a top heel even in defeat.? After that i don't remember too much until the time he returned as a Convict Crush (playing on his real life problems).? He had the heart punch, probably his lamest finisher but he has some fun battles, especially the 6-Man Tag Street Fight at WM13.? He was also the leader of the D.O.A. when they first took off (and were actually decent, when he and Chainz left it was all downhill...).? After that it was his last hurrah, in WCW he formed Kronik (Now anyone who knows my history will know i marked for the name alone..) with Bryan Clarke (Adam Bomb), another fave off mine and they were pushed well as a Bad Ass tag team (An APA rip off if in a way).? Unfortunately their WWE tenure bombed and he retired due to injury and last i heard he was Randy Savage's bodyguard.

It's another sad day though as another wrestling legend leaves this world too soon. Cry

R.I.P.

Great post dude... I loved Crush back in the day too.. "Shacka Bra"

RIP  no
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10603 on: August 16, 2007, 11:02:30 AM »

Mike Johnson is reporting that TNA is currently in negotiations with Brock Lesnar.

Kurt Angle is trying to talk him into signing a deal and Dixie Carter has already had one secret meeting with Lesnar in Nashville.

If a deal is made between Brock and TNA, he will come in when the company gets their second hour

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10604 on: August 16, 2007, 11:58:39 AM »

Dixie Carter has already had one secret meeting with Lesnar in Nashville.

Not a very well-kept secret it seems. Tongue

I've wondered whether Lesnar would go back to WWE. There's a few guys there he could feud with. He and Cena had a brief rivalry in 2003 but that was when Cena was a heel (officially...). Cena even called his move the FU as a response to the F5.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10605 on: August 16, 2007, 07:10:04 PM »

His dad played pro ball...

Didn't his dad manage in MLB too?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10606 on: August 16, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »

anyone catch the tna hard justice ppv? who was that japanese fellow in the back of the steiners when they were in the back talking smack about team 3d? scott steiner mentioned that he was teaming with him in an upcoming match in japan and i think mentioned his name but i missed it and of course tenay and west oblivious to this as they do their blah blah blahs.

thx
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10607 on: August 17, 2007, 05:47:54 AM »

Dixie Carter has already had one secret meeting with Lesnar in Nashville.

Not a very well-kept secret it seems. Tongue

I've wondered whether Lesnar would go back to WWE. There's a few guys there he could feud with. He and Cena had a brief rivalry in 2003 but that was when Cena was a heel (officially...). Cena even called his move the FU as a response to the F5.

He shafted the wwe pretty good.. I'm guessing Vince dosent like to get Vinced  hihi
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10608 on: August 19, 2007, 11:18:22 AM »

Did anyone see the SNME last night? I fell asleep erly and missed it, it's hard to tell from wwe.com if it was any good as they always hype of all there shows as being the best.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10609 on: August 19, 2007, 12:05:56 PM »

Did anyone see the SNME last night? I fell asleep erly and missed it, it's hard to tell from wwe.com if it was any good as they always hype of all there shows as being the best.
More of the same really.

The 3 wrestling matches were no different to what you would see on any of the other tv shows, they were alright.  I did like the boxing match though, getting Evander Holyfield in is a great way to make MVP and Matt Hardy's feud see more important, they generally save the celebrity rub for the main eventers.  I know a lot of people probably hate it but i'm liking the Vince stuff and it was alright last night, overall an ok show but you definately haven't missed anything "Great".
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #10610 on: August 19, 2007, 02:05:31 PM »

Yeah the Action was good! the M/E was an ECW match i dont know way it wasent cena v carlto but i am loveing the vinces kid stuff!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10611 on: August 19, 2007, 03:18:21 PM »

More of the same really.

The 3 wrestling matches were no different to what you would see on any of the other tv shows, they were alright.  I did like the boxing match though, getting Evander Holyfield in is a great way to make MVP and Matt Hardy's feud see more important, they generally save the celebrity rub for the main eventers.  I know a lot of people probably hate it but i'm liking the Vince stuff and it was alright last night, overall an ok show but you definately haven't missed anything "Great".
I loved the Hardy/Holyfield segment. It brought the "Attitude" era feeling back.  yes They could have made it last a little longer, although with only 2 rounds and Hardy not getting a single shot in, it made it seem more real. It made both men look strong, as Hardy lived up to his gimmick of not giving up, and Holyfield got the clean win with ease, so it didn't insult his ability as a boxer in a wrestling ring.

And loved the RKO on the chair, Orton hit it perfectly, and Cena sold it well. Another "Attitude" era feeling here.

I'm actually looking forward to their match at Summerslam.  yes

The only thing I can say I didn't like at SNME was the way they made Carlito look. Cena beat him with ease and he practically tapped before Cena locked the STFU in. They booked Carlito superbly over the last few weeks and now they go and do that?  no
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:37:04 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10612 on: August 19, 2007, 04:16:29 PM »

the M/E was an ECW match i dont know way it wasent cena v carlto

thats because back in the 80's when SNME was on, they had the main event shown first and then had the less important matches after.

an interesting thing about last nights SNME is that when they taped it, the Vince/Austin segment was taped last. So they must have editted it around

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10613 on: August 19, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »

the M/E was an ECW match i dont know way it wasent cena v carlto

thats because back in the 80's when SNME was on, they had the main event shown first and then had the less important matches after.

an interesting thing about last nights SNME is that when they taped it, the Vince/Austin segment was taped last. So they must have editted it around
I was thinking the exact same thing.

It must have been hard for Cole and JBL to keep focused and not make a mistake during the broadcast with SNME being taped before Smackdown. Still, I guess they could always have editied any mistakes out.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10614 on: August 19, 2007, 04:28:38 PM »

Something else i marked for at SNME was Buffer.

"Straight Up Baaaallllllinnnn".

He needs to be used more often!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10615 on: August 21, 2007, 06:17:34 AM »

Cena is going to win at Summerslam. yes

For weeks i know everyone has expected Orton but i can't see them having him get crushed at SNME and on RAW and then again on Summerslam.  I see him retaining or there being a dodgy finish and Orton wins it at Unforgiven.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10616 on: August 21, 2007, 08:34:16 AM »

For weeks i know everyone has expected Orton but i can't see them having him get crushed at SNME and on RAW and then again on Summerslam.  I see him retaining or there being a dodgy finish and Orton wins it at Unforgiven.

If CM Punk wins the title earlier on in the night, then it's unlikely Orton will win later on.
However after CM getting a lot of victories against Morrison recently, a title win from the "Straight Edge" Superstar is beginning to look more doubtful.  no

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10617 on: August 21, 2007, 04:22:43 PM »

For weeks i know everyone has expected Orton but i can't see them having him get crushed at SNME and on RAW and then again on Summerslam.? I see him retaining or there being a dodgy finish and Orton wins it at Unforgiven.

If CM Punk wins the title earlier on in the night, then it's unlikely Orton will win later on.
However after CM getting a lot of victories against Morrison recently, a title win from the "Straight Edge" Superstar is beginning to look more doubtful.? no

I think Cena and Punk will win but The Great Khali will still be the heel champion, probably after winning with The Claw OMFGZ.

I thought they would have added MVP VS. Matt Hardy for Summerslam but they haven't done so yet.

Currently, the card is:

WWE Championship
John Cena VS. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship
The Great Khali VS. Batista

ECW Championship
John Morrison VS. CM Punk

King Booker VS. Triple H

Chavo Guerrero VS. Rey Mysterio

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Umaga VS. Carlito VS. Mr. Kennedy

Divas Battle Royal (#1 Contender's Match)

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10618 on: August 21, 2007, 05:10:13 PM »

I thought they might add Kane vs Finlay as well.

Maybe they're waiting on M.V.P's heart to see if he can compete?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10619 on: August 21, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »

I thought they might add Kane vs Finlay as well.

Maybe they're waiting on M.V.P's heart to see if he can compete?
My thoughts exactly.

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: