Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:35:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830707 times)
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10560 on: August 01, 2007, 10:55:26 AM »

just caught this news article ...

http://www.wcbs880.com/topic/ap_news.php?story=AP/APTV/National/a/e/India-DuttTrial

then realized this wasnt tna's Guru dutt - tna probably could've used the publicity.

is it me or is tna use of Angle or Angle use of tna like how folks complained Hogan or Nash was doing in WCW?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10561 on: August 02, 2007, 08:37:52 AM »

Source: PWInsiderElite.com

- According to Dave Scherer, the statement Jeff Hardy made on his website is not true. Jeff stated that he was given time off to heal from neck and back injuries after a fall last week on RAW. Several sources within the WWE say Jeff has been suspended for his lack of maturity.

When the story originally broke out, there were several conflicting reports of him either no showing or being sent home from TV. All of those reports appear to be false.

Jeff has not been released from the company but isn?t expected to be back for at least 30 days. He will obviously miss this year?s Summerslam PPV.

uh-oh

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10562 on: August 02, 2007, 08:54:25 AM »

Source: PWInsiderElite.com

- According to Dave Scherer, the statement Jeff Hardy made on his website is not true. Jeff stated that he was given time off to heal from neck and back injuries after a fall last week on RAW. Several sources within the WWE say Jeff has been suspended for his lack of maturity.

When the story originally broke out, there were several conflicting reports of him either no showing or being sent home from TV. All of those reports appear to be false.

Jeff has not been released from the company but isn?t expected to be back for at least 30 days. He will obviously miss this year?s Summerslam PPV.

uh-oh
I hope they don't punish Matt for Jeff's wrong doings. no

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10563 on: August 03, 2007, 07:29:51 AM »

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/preview/4889310/

He's alive!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10564 on: August 03, 2007, 12:14:45 PM »

10 years ago Bret Hart was filming a wrestling documentary when the montreal screwjob occured, the documentary that became of all the events prior and after it was ground breaking and is a wrestling classic.? Now after his recent firing comes to light another wrestler who was filming a documentary, it's sure to be a classic, coming soon...

*Note this is an early production cover and the company have stupidly got the spelling of WWE wrong Wink
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10565 on: August 03, 2007, 12:53:05 PM »

haha classic

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10566 on: August 03, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »

10 years ago Bret Hart was filming a wrestling documentary when the montreal screwjob occured, the documentary that became of all the events prior and after it was ground breaking and is a wrestling classic.  Now after his recent firing comes to light another wrestler who was filming a documentary, it's sure to be a classic, coming soon...

*Note this is an early production cover and the company have stupidly got the spelling of WWE wrong Wink
Heres, their edited finalised version of the cover. Wink

hihi

**Note: Looks better from a distance**  rofl
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:52:49 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10567 on: August 03, 2007, 10:02:11 PM »

That Damn Hornswoggle.

I must say, His match with Jamie Noble last week was some of the funniest shit I've seen in ages.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10568 on: August 04, 2007, 11:29:31 AM »

who isnt horny for hornswoggle! he is fucking mint!!! lol

and about santino...what kinda man acompanys a woman to ring side!!!!

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10569 on: August 04, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »

who isnt horny for hornswoggle!
Er...me, i mean i like the dude, but that's as far as it goes... nervous nervous

Stevie Richards....and he showed you yes
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10570 on: August 04, 2007, 11:55:44 AM »

i think stevie richards just proved mypoint...what kinda man acompanys a woman to ring side! lol

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10571 on: August 04, 2007, 11:56:29 AM »

Summerslam

WWE Championship
John Cena VS. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship
The Great Khali VS. Batista

Chavo Guerrero VS. Rey Mysterio

And probably HHH/Booker and MVP/Hardy as well. And this is Batista's sixth World Title shot - including the Cage Match against The Undertaker - since losing at WM. How many feuds has been in since WM21 that didn't involve the championship?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10572 on: August 04, 2007, 12:58:54 PM »

i think stevie richards just proved mypoint...what kinda man acompanys a woman to ring side! lol
Slow, down there Chico, no need to repeat yourself. ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10573 on: August 06, 2007, 11:29:57 PM »

TNA is killing WWE right now as far as entertainment goes.

The Kurt Angle promo's have been some of the best since SCSA and The Rock.

His shit with the Psychiatrist had me rolling.......

Also the angle with CHristian and Co. vs Abyss,Sting and Chris Harris is awesome as well.

Christian is so entertaining and had me laughing so hard when they got into the truck and Abyss was in the backseat.

Hopefully Samoa Joe will take the belts at Hard Justice.

What the fuck is up with Lashley jobbing like a bitch to Kennedy? Are they jobbing off all the "ROIDERS"?

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10574 on: August 07, 2007, 09:17:59 AM »

Hopefully Samoa Joe will take the belts at Hard Justice.

What the fuck is up with Lashley jobbing like a bitch to Kennedy? Are they jobbing off all the "ROIDERS"?

firstly, you really think Joe will win a match which has the IWPG Title on the line, which can only be defended properly at an IWPG show in Japan. Hence how IWPG would not sanction a title change.

Lashley jobbed cause he is injured, and had to get out someway and is now out for upto 6 months with a torn rotator cuff

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10575 on: August 08, 2007, 03:03:34 AM »

They could've done it better

WWE are getting so fuckin lazy.

Have a bunch of henchmen in masks jump Lashley with bats and shit thus taking him out.

Next night on Raw "HOLY SHIT VINCE IS BACK" and he is the one who clipped Lashley off....... Something

The way Kennedy won the match was plain retarded.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10576 on: August 09, 2007, 03:08:01 PM »

who cares about lashley....the last raw has some of the greatest WWE moments it has had for the last years

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10577 on: August 10, 2007, 12:35:28 AM »

They could've done it better

WWE are getting so fuckin lazy.

Have a bunch of henchmen in masks jump Lashley with bats and shit thus taking him out.

Next night on Raw "HOLY SHIT VINCE IS BACK" and he is the one who clipped Lashley off....... Something

The way Kennedy won the match was plain retarded.

I am just glad Kennedy has not been turned into a Jobber and hopefully Vince can give him the push he deserves. I think Kennedy can be the best Heal on Raw, he has more charisma then Orton, not to mention he knows more moves then reverse chin locks like the only Move Orton does. So anyway Kennedy can be pushed into the top spot would be great.

The two things on Raw I don't like is

1- The babyface push for Umaga, He has no mic skills, None at all. I don't even understand why he is the IC Champ, they should be using the IC Belt to build up future stars and future Main Event/World Champions, and Umaga was already a main event heel. Not to mention his "samoan spike" is a boring finisher.

2-Feeding of Every legend possible to Orton.  If you want to have legends come out and wrestle that's fine and cool, but why must they go out and job to orton and make it out to look like he is so Aewsome and Great he's killing them so badly they have to leave on stretchers. It's a shame to see the stars I watched growing up get fed to Orton like they have no skills.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10578 on: August 10, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »

Anyone else think the No Mercy poster looks fucking awesome?  yes

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10579 on: August 10, 2007, 03:39:29 PM »

1- The babyface push for Umaga, He has no mic skills, None at all. I don't even understand why he is the IC Champ, they should be using the IC Belt to build up future stars and future Main Event/World Champions, and Umaga was already a main event heel.
He has no mic skills but he's not meant to he's a non-english speaking monster and that can work well as both a face and a heel, as long as they don't make him talk it's fine by me.? As for him having the IC Title, i think it's fine, the belt used to have a fair bit of meaning and prestige and was one of the steps on the way to the main event.? Now to be considered a proper main eventer i think you really need to have a long run in main events and at least a reign with the title.? Look at HBK, in 1992 he challenged for the world title at Survivor Series, he also went for it in 1995, but he did not become a proper main eventer until he won it in 1996.? Umaga is yet to soldify himself at the top and if he can have good feuds over the title it's all good, 'til Jeff Hardy fucked up their feud was going well and it looks like he may feud with Carlito who has really picked up his game recently and who is being pushed well, that win over John Cena really helped boost his profile and he is back doing what he does best, being the cowardly heel.

Not to mention his "samoan spike" is a boring finisher.
I was never keen on it but it's growing on me, when sold well it looks alright...

Feeding of Every legend possible to Orton.? If you want to have legends come out and wrestle that's fine and cool, but why must they go out and job to orton and make it out to look like he is so Aewsome and Great he's killing them so badly they have to leave on stretchers. It's a shame to see the stars I watched growing up get fed to Orton like they have no skills.
It's just dumb booking.? It does not help boost Orton's profile having him beat Slaughter, Rhodes and all these guys who are pretty much retired.? If he'd of beaten them 10 years ago it would of done little, it's like taking a legendary boxer who retired 15 years since and challenging them, beating 'em and boasting how your better, it's means jack shit and seeing these guys fat and out of shape just ruins their legacy, legends are best used in vocal roles and making cameo appearances, for instance the legend that is I.R.S. this past monday on RAW.....
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: