Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:22:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830183 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10500 on: July 21, 2007, 08:22:21 PM »

Cruiserweight Open has been added.  Chavo, Wang, Moore, Noble, Funaki.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10501 on: July 22, 2007, 07:17:05 AM »

Wang.

(Possibly the most ridiculous post ever)

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10502 on: July 22, 2007, 02:15:46 PM »

Not only is Ariel fantastic, she also knows the wrestlers who suck....

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10503 on: July 22, 2007, 05:46:31 PM »

Not only is Ariel fantastic, she also knows the wrestlers who suck....

Haha. She's a smart fan alright. hihi

Heres my last minute predictions for the Bash tonight.

Candice
Jimmy Wang Yang
Sandman
Matt
Jeff
John Morrison
Cena
Khali

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #10504 on: July 22, 2007, 06:08:56 PM »

As I haven't seen a ppv since backlash and a friend is ordering this I am actually going to watch what will most likley be a shitty ppv. So I'll throw out perdictions.

The Great American Bash

World Heavyweight Championship
The Great Khali VS. Batista VS. Kane----------The Great Khali...god he sucks.

WWE Championship
John Cena VS. Bobby Lashley----------Who cares??...Cena.

ECW Championship
John Morrison VS. CM Punk--------John..ny? Nitrrison sucks! but he'll prolly win his match.

Texas Bull Rope Match
Dusty Rhodes VS. Randy Orton------The chinlock master.? hihi God I love Lance Storm, he cracks me up. I still enjoy watching ortan most times. Except you know this match will suck.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Umaga VS. Jeff Hardy--------Another crappy match. Umaga.

WWE United States Championship
MVP VS. Matt Hardy--------Prolly be the best match of the night. Would like hardy to win but I'm picking MVP.

WWE Women's Championship
Candice Michelle VS. Melina-------Candice Michelle

Singapore Cane Match
Carlito VS. The Sandman--------The Sandman is gonna cane his ass.

Cruiserweight Open
Chavo VS. Wang VS. Moore VS. Noble VS. Funaki--------Jimmy Wang Yang. Guy cracks me up too.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10505 on: July 23, 2007, 07:10:23 AM »

6 out of 9 predictions ain't bad.

All things considered (ie. the fact that all the guys in it are super heavyweights), the Triple Threat Match could have been a lot worse.

Also, I'm surprised the IC Title match wasn't a total squash. The crowd were really behind both the Hardys. Pity neither of them won. Tongue

As for TAFKA Johnny Nitro retaining the title through heel tactics..... I'm shocked he didn't.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10506 on: July 23, 2007, 07:59:02 AM »

Also, I'm surprised the IC Title match wasn't a total squash. The crowd were really behind both the Hardys. Pity neither of them won. Tongue
Both matches (Aside from MVP botching The Playmaker, were really good, the IC Title match was MOTN for me....)

As for TAFKA Johnny Nitro retaining the title through heel tactics..... I'm shocked he didn't.
Semi-heel tactics.  He tried to do a runner with the belt, lured Punk outside, tripped him up on the ring steps which was dirty then got a tacky/flukey win....
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10507 on: July 23, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »

What the hell was Dusty Rhodes talking about last night?

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #10508 on: July 23, 2007, 02:36:28 PM »

7 out of 9 perdictions ain't bad. Heres a mini review. Mostly spoiler free for those who download and haven't watched it yet. ? Like me usually.  hihi ok

The Cruiserwieght open was cool. Hornswoggle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? hihi The belt already meant shit so I thought it was funny he won.

MVP vs. Hardy I thought was a sub-par match at best, I really thought it was gonna be MOTN.

But I supose I dread saying this but MOTN goes to Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy. It was suprizingly entertaining.

The ecw title match sucked. Bad. When it ended the whole house was like (15 of us) thats it?

Of course the world title match sucked too, but that definetly expected with khali involved.

No surprize ortan one, though Dusty was making me laugh. So it was more entertaining than the last two.

The chick match was ok, its nice to see Candice trying to do stuff.

The cane match sucked a nut.

The wwe title match was not so good. At least there were some kool power moves. The F-U off the top SUCKED!.

The PPV on a whole wasn't so good. I wont say it sucked, but I cant say it was good nor can i say it was ok. Its somewhere between suck and its ok. At least it was better than 90% of the ppvs in 2003. God that year sucked. Thats what keeps me watching wwe. I keep saying, hey its better than 90% of 2003. smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10509 on: July 23, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »

Quick review from me:

I enjoyed most of the matches and was suprised to see CM Punk vs. Morrison being one of the crappiest high profile matches of the night. I think me, along with others was expecting alot more out of this one.

Matt Hardy vs. M.V.P. was MOTN for me, not just because I'm a big Hardy fan but because it had lots of near falls and genuine back and forth action. The whole match had me at the edge of my seat. I really thought it was over when MVP missed the first boot in the corner, and Hardy rolled him up. Way too good for an opener, and deserved more time.

The Cruiserweight open was average. I knew Chavo was going to be dropping the belt in this match as it would discredit his fued with the returning Mysterio but I never expected Hornswoggle to win. When he ran across the ring at the start I thought it was just for comedy purposes as Finlay didn't have a match last night. I found the post match celebration funny on the annoucers table.

Was Really impressed with Candice and Melina's match. IMHO it was one of the finest womens matches I ever saw. The crowd also seemed way into it. I can see Candice being the next Trish. The whole womens division revolves around Mickie, Candice and Melina and so it should. The three are really talented.  smoking

Also enjoyed the Umaga, and Jeff Hardy match up. Lots of nearfalls, and everytime I was about to count Hardy out, he kept coming back. The bottom left turnbuckle didn't do the Hardys any favours in this night. hihi

Singapore "filler" match = toilet break.

Didn't like the Dusty/Orton match, although can't honestly say I was expecting big things from it. They are basically just throwing Orton bones to kill time until HHH comes back.  Undecided

Khali, Kane and Batista was terrible.  no Someone needs to teach Khali to bend his freaking legs. Kane and Boretista actually looked pretty impressive in the match, but all momentum was quickly killed after Khali re-entered "the squared circle." Im not a big fan of "The Deadman" but Undie needs to get back soon before it's too late.

The WWE Championship match was actually quite enjoyable. Did anyone else get the feeling as if it was something fresh and new. For the first time in over a year I didn't get the usual deja vu feeling from Cena's performance. For once it was quite exciting and there was a lot more to the match than the "moves of doom."

Overall, not a bad ppv. A hell of a lot better than Vengeance.  ok

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And does anyone else sense a possible Finlay/Hardcore Holly Tag Team Title run in the forseeable future whenever Holly returns? For some reason I can see it happening. They are both guys who love to fight, so I can see it working pretty well.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 03:36:19 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10510 on: July 23, 2007, 03:34:03 PM »

I liked a lot of the 2003 PPVs. Maybe not as much at the time but looking on back on stuff, it can seem a lot better than it felt before. Some good main events: Rock/Hogan, Lesnar/Show (hey, I thought it was a good match), Lesnar/Undertaker etc. The 'big four' in 2003 I think were all very good PPVs. Wrestlemania from that year remains my favourite WWE pay-per-view ever. I also like Judgment Day '03 even though it doesn't tend to get great reviews. Each to his own. Smiley

EDIT: This is obviously an answer to High_times' post. Not just some random spiel.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 03:36:24 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10511 on: July 23, 2007, 05:06:41 PM »

They changed Johnny Nitro's name because the feeling was that it was not serious enough and he's now in a world champion position. Vince felt people wouldn't take him seriously with the gimmicky Johnny Nitro name. A whole bunch of people including Dusty Rhodes, Dave Lagana, WWE.com writer Jen Hunt and others came up with suggestions for a new name. Vince picked the John Morrison name. That one was likely chosen because the similarities between Hennigan and the deceased 60s rock star Jim Morrison are quite striking.

The resemblance is actually quite haunting! nervous
Oh, and High_Times - Everytime you say you hate John Morrison now, I will assume that you hate Jim Morrison aswell.hihi
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:10:20 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #10512 on: July 23, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »

I liked a lot of the 2003 PPVs. Maybe not as much at the time but looking on back on stuff, it can seem a lot better than it felt before. Some good main events: Rock/Hogan, Lesnar/Show (hey, I thought it was a good match), Lesnar/Undertaker etc. The 'big four' in 2003 I think were all very good PPVs. Wrestlemania from that year remains my favourite WWE pay-per-view ever. I also like Judgment Day '03 even though it doesn't tend to get great reviews. Each to his own. Smiley

EDIT: This is obviously an answer to High_times' post. Not just some random spiel.

I just felt the overall quality of shows in 03 were pretty horid. Raw was pretty boring, HHH title fights sucked, I mean hhh vs. Scott Stiener sucked, HHH vs. Booker T sucked, HHH vs. Goldberg Sucked, HHH vs nash was the worst hell in the cell ever.

Hogan vs. Rock at wrestlemania 18 I liked because of nostalgic purposes, seeing hogan in the ring again in high profile match, but really watching it now it wasn't that great. The rematch in 03 I thought sucked. Though Hogan vs. Vince i did find somewhat entertaining. Lesnar was ok but didn't feel overall that 2003 was very entertaining. Maybe a match here or there, or one match on ppv.

I hated most of the big 4, I did however enjoy the Bishoff Team vs. Austin Team survivors series match. And i did like the elimanation chamber from 2003 because goldberg was laying people out. It was the only time he seemed entertaining to me while being in the wwe. I was excited when it was announced he was returning to wrestling because I remembered when he first permiered in wcw and loved watching his power moves. But it was somewhat of a bust because his matches against the rock and jericho weren't very good. Neither was his fued with HHH. It was during this year i began to really detest hhh because it was the same fucking thing every ppv. His match style was just too fucking repetitive than.

To me when micheals returned at summerslam 02 and than went on to win the title at surivor series?? I think that was the first elimnation chamber, correct me if im wrong. The wwe in august-decemeber or so of 2002 was entertaining, prolly because HBK, my favorite wrestler, came back but they just seemed to put michaels in the backseat in 2003 and had HHH do a title reign that was too fucking long and too fucking boring, much like cena's today. So that may be a factor as to why I detest 2003 so much.?

I dunno, I just remember watching ppvs from 2003 and being pretty pissed off about how much it sucked. A friend made a 2003 collection of ppvs so maybe i'll take a second look 4 years later to refresh my mind on it. But man I almost stopped watching wwe altogether and did take long breaks from watching raw back than.? smoking

Oh, and High_Times - Everytime you say you hate John Morrison now, I will assume that you hate Jim Morrison aswell.hihi

rofl rofl Thats funny but come on now Jim Morrison actually had talent unlike this no talent hack? hihi that happens to look like him.? To each is own though. At least we agree on Matt Hardy needing a good singles push? ok smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10513 on: July 23, 2007, 07:55:42 PM »

Best of '03

Royal Rumble Match - Plenty of feuds ignited in the match, some smart planning.  Loved the Jericho/Michaels stuff.

Wrestlemania XIX -

Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar (Great wrestling match and a holy shit spot at the end with the botched Shooting Star)

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock (Not as good as their XVII encounter but i watched this match the other day and it's still damn good)

Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. McMahon (Fun hardcore capers, Vince always pulls it out the bag for big occasions, Piper showed up and who can forget the "Here's Vince" face...)

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho (Need i say anything....YOU KNOW this rocks)

Judgment DayIC Title Battle Royal
Val Venis, Booker T, Christian, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Goldust, Test, Kane, RVD.

Victory for Christian followed by a new look the next night on RAW, short hair cut and the start of the hilarious and wonderful Christian that followed for the next 2 years.

Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Team Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero & Tajiri

Summerslam - Elimination Chamber Match for the World Title
Triple H vs Goldberg vs Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels vs Kevin Nash vs Randy Orton

Survivor Series - Classic Survivor Series Match
Team Austin (Booker T, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, RVD and Shawn Michaels)
vs. Team Bishoff (Chris Jericho, Christian, Mark Henry, Randy Orton and Scott Steiner)

And that would cover my best of 2003 (On PPV).
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10514 on: July 24, 2007, 12:10:31 AM »

Hornswoggle!!!

That Cruiserweight Title needs to be thrown off the bridge.

John Cena wins again! WOW What a surprise

They are really setting up HHH to look damn good for a return championship.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10515 on: July 24, 2007, 12:38:39 AM »

From wrestling observer
-- Jamie Noble is now a road agent in WWE. They want to put him charge of helping the cruiserweights put together their matches. He was put in the position because the majority of the current road agents are guys from the 70s and 80s, now in their late 40s & 50s, and they still have the mentality of how to work and what the fans want from that era. They needed someone more in touch with what's going on today.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10516 on: July 24, 2007, 09:58:15 AM »

Random thoughts:

- Does that mean Jamie Noble is no longer an in-ring competitor?

- No mention of Jackass so far. This can only be a good thing...

- I can't help but laugh every time Booker calls Jerry Lawler "Jerome". rofl

- What kind of a man accompanies a woman to ringside?! I'm talking to you, Santino Marella.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10517 on: July 24, 2007, 10:16:32 AM »

Does that mean Jamie Noble is no longer an in-ring competitor?
Course not, he still has space in his schedule to job once every 2 months...

- No mention of Jackass so far. This can only be a good thing...
Their appearance has been cancelled, they aren't gonna be involved
beer

- What kind of a man accompanies a woman to ringside?! I'm talking to you, Santino Marella.
A jobber, ala Stevie Richards for Victoria...
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10518 on: July 24, 2007, 12:02:16 PM »

cant wait for that champions of champions match
maybe they'll do random lottery like and so not just 3 tops dogs in the 3 brands - but open to all champions. An all champion tournment? so we end up with :

drum roll please....

khalil vs umaga vs hornswagle
 crying
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10519 on: July 24, 2007, 01:04:35 PM »

cant wait for that champions of champions match
maybe they'll do random lottery like and so not just 3 tops dogs in the 3 brands - but open to all champions. An all champion tournment? so we end up with :

drum roll please....

khalil vs umaga vs hornswagle
 crying

huh? you lost me  Huh

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: