Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830228 times)
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10480 on: July 19, 2007, 12:53:31 PM »

Isn't Mysterio coming back in the next few weeks??

I see another small guy vs. monster coming up for summerslam with Mysterio becoming champ again.  smoking

OH no .. not again.. Mysterio vs Khalil and mysterio win ..wtf@#@# .. this better not be how it goes down. And i thought Chavo sent Rey to retirement land? or did he just quit that match

whatever happened to Booker paying back Orton for stepping in a few matches in that best of 7 with benoit a while back.

and did Cryme Tyme ever get their title shot?  no
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10481 on: July 19, 2007, 12:54:31 PM »

will RVD or shawn micheals be back at all?..........soon? Embarrassed

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10482 on: July 19, 2007, 01:01:20 PM »

I see another small guy vs. monster coming up for summerslam with Mysterio becoming champ again.  smoking

I can't honestly see how they would have Mysterio beat Khali for the title without a ton of interference. Unless it's some kind of No DQ Match.

and did Cryme Tyme ever get their title shot?? no

Cryme Tyme's title shot has been confined to history along with Little Johnny and Booker T's mystery letter.

will RVD or shawn micheals be back at all?..........soon? Embarrassed

RVD - no
HBK - around Survivor Series I think

As for Axl4Life's idea: that might work. If Hardy were to face Khali for the title, I think they would have gone with Hardy putting up a good fight but ultimately losing.

Maybe HHH will return, beat Booker, then go to Smackdown and defeat Khali in seconds to become an 11-time champion. No?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10483 on: July 19, 2007, 01:04:51 PM »

Even though he's almost as old as my grandma, Flair deserves one more world title run before he retires.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10484 on: July 19, 2007, 01:50:21 PM »

Eitherway you could do it, I have done two things here.

1. Set up a fresh new fued between Hardy and Khali were Hardy eventually beats Khali in the series for the title.

I also accomplished the goal I planned to do by writing this.

2. Make Matt Hardy a main event star.

Thanks for reading.
Now let the criticism fly! rofl

calm down Michael Hayes  Tongue

I see another small guy vs. monster coming up for summerslam with Mysterio becoming champ again. smoking

Vince isn't giving Rey the title again

plus Rey is going straight back into a feud with Chavo, at his own request.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #10485 on: July 19, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »

I see another small guy vs. monster coming up for summerslam with Mysterio becoming champ again.? smoking

I can't honestly see how they would have Mysterio beat Khali for the title without a ton of interference. Unless it's some kind of No DQ Match.

Ya your prolly right but that is point if edge is out, I don't see Khali carrying the title that long, I don't see batista or kane getting it long either. I can definetly see Mysterio getting it. What would be cool if Mysterio gets the title and they do a Hardy vs. Mysterio fued. Though I just don't see them putting Matt Hardy in the world title picture.

1. Set up a fresh new fued between Hardy and Khali were Hardy eventually beats Khali in the series for the title.

Thanks for reading.

calm down Michael Hayes Tongue

I see another small guy vs. monster coming up for summerslam with Mysterio becoming champ again. smoking

Where did you hear that?? Last thing I read was that Mysterio is getting a main event match at Summerslam. But they are unhappy that he hasn't returned to action. I hear he was trying to hold out till the first week of August to make his re-debut. And with edge out, why not give the title back to Rey, its definetly better than Kane, Batista, or Khaili having it.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #10486 on: July 19, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »

As I am sure everyone has been watching the Benoit coverage I thought I would comment on it.

I caught the press conference from the Dr. yesterday regarding Benoit's toxicology reports. And he stated that his Testosterone levels were really high, but stated several times that he would not say having that high of Testosterone would cause a "rage". Several times he stated that there is inconclusive evidence that a level that high causes rage. And that there is nothing conclusive anywhere in any study done that a level that high would cause "roid rage". So I'm trying to figure out why the fuck the media completely ingores these statements and still state that roids had a issue in the murder/suicide. There were no anabolic steriods found, so I believe "roid rage" should be a mute point.

I also hear the Nancy Benoit family is going to file a wrongful death suit?? WTF?? They haven't said against who yet, but i can only think either Benoit's dr or wwe. That just makes no sense to me. No one else is to blame for this tragedy other than Chris Benoit. And I hope this suit goes nowhere.?

I also read how people are stating the government needs to get involved with pro wrestling. I don't think they do, the wwe has a wellness program as good major leauge baseball. Which both really suck. I don't see how they could justify getting involved in the entertainment industry regarding this. These guys may be athletes, but in no way is profressional wrestling a sport. It is entertaintment. Its a tv show like anything else, with actors. I just don't see how they could justify outside government involvment in the entertainment industry. I do believe with all the critiscm wrestling is recieving, Vince may be harder on steriod use than he has been in the past.? smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10487 on: July 19, 2007, 02:21:34 PM »

^ yeah I agree with most of your points there

Thanks for reading.

calm down Michael Hayes Tongue

Where did you hear that?? Last thing I read was that Mysterio is getting a main event match at Summerslam. But they are unhappy that he hasn't returned to action. I hear he was trying to hold out till the first week of August to make his re-debut. And with edge out, why not give the title back to Rey, its definetly better than Kane, Batista, or Khaili having it.  smoking

well heres part of it:
- Rey Mysterio is expecting to return full time at the July 24th SmackDown taping in Fresno, CA. Rey has requested that he first work a program with Chavo Guerrero since it would continue the storyline where Chavo injured him last year.

I can't find the part that said Vince won't give Rey the belt again, but I did definitly read it. Plus no way he would at the current time aswell considering Rey is one of the wrestlers that has been accused of steroids from the same doctor as Benoit

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #10488 on: July 19, 2007, 05:03:08 PM »

Alot of people are criticising Smackdown for the move they made with giving Khali the World title after Edge had to relinquish it due to injury. Although this could turn out pretty well if booked properly. (Although we know theres a 90% chance it won't? Roll Eyes)

Anyways, heres how I would handle this situation:

- Khali is now world champion

- At the Great American Bash have the Triple threat match, a no DQ match.

- Early on in the match up, have Kane and Batista decide to take out Khali and put him through one of the announcers tables. Then Kane and Batista go at in the ring while Khali is lying out on the floor. Have the match end when Kane goes? for the Chokeslam on Batista, but Khali comes into the ring again, pushes Batista out of the way and Chokebombs Kane.

- Now Batista gets up, runs against the ropes, ducks and when Khali turns around Batista spears him, but it does not knock Khali down. Khali grabs Batista, Chokebombs him, and pins him for the three.

- This way, we don't see Khali much in the match, but he still regains crediblty as a monster, and Kane and Batista still looks strong as they took him out at the beginning until the end of the match.

- Also have Matt Hardy win the US Championship against MVP in his match.

Next Week On Smackdown
[/b][/u]

- Batista comes out to the ring, and says, all he needs is a one on one match with Khali and he would beat him. He goes on to say that Kane got in his way on Sunday (Batista is still a face but is too proud to admit that Khali was too much for him at the Bash)

- Kane then comes out, and says lets see who's the better of the two now. So the two get ready to fight before Teddy Long comes out and announces that it will be Kane vs. Batista later tonight.

Kane and Batista come out for their match. Near the end Kane is about to go for the Chokeslam but Batista kicks him in the groin, and gets himself DQ'ed. Batista then Batista bombs Kane, and leaves the ring. Kane sits up again and begins to laugh. Batista is now turning heel, and with thus, it starts a fued between the two and gets them out of the title picture.

Khali defeats Ric Flair (or some other face midcarder) in his first title defence in the main event in a short squash match. Khali's translator says that The Great Khali already looks dominant, but that he will prove to all the doubters that Khali will go down in the record books as the most dominant champion of all time. This concludes the Smackdown broadcast.

The Following Week On Smackdown
[/u]

Teddy Long announces that tonights main event, it's gonna be a Champion vs. Champion exhibition match. Khali versus Matt Hardy.

When Hardy is making his way down the ramp out to the ring for the main event, Khali comes out behind him and viciously attacks him before the match starts. He continues to assault Hardy and beat him down until he is a bloody mess and is left unconscious in the ring to end the programme.

The Next week on Smackdown

Khali and his translator come out to the ring and say that Khali proved last week when he beat down Matt Hardy that he was on his way to becoming the most dominant champion in history and that Khali means it and will continue to wreak havoc on Smackdown until the world believes it.

Matt Hardy then comes out to the ramp and cuts a promo saying you can try all you want to destroy every bone in my body but no matter what I am going to continue to do what I love to do because Im the best now I've ever been and that Im at the top of my game. He then goes on to say that Khali may be a big guy but I have a bigger heart than what Khali ever will. Hardy is then about to leave but turns around and says, one more thing, "Khali....I'm challenging you to a match at Summerslam because even though I have a match tonight against MVP in a non title match I will never give in and I Will Not Die!! Khali accepts and the segment ends.

- It's now time for Hardy vs. MVP in a non title rematch and MVP comes out and says he just spoke to Teddy, and he says if I win this match, he'll get a title rematch against Hardy next week on smackdown.

- The match raves on between Hardy and MVP, until theres a ref bump, and Hardy hits the Twist of Fate but the refs down. Khali comes out, and chokebombs Hardy then MVP just about gets the arm over Hardy. The ref recovers and counts the 3. MVP will get a US title match next week.

The last Smackdown Before Summerslam

At the beginning of the programme Matt Hardy is shown in Teddys office talking to him. Teddy says that he is very concerned about Hardys wellbeing this Sunday, and is considering calling the match off. Matt tells him not too, and reminds him that he "Will Not Die" and cuts a promo about this is his dream and he's living it right now. Teddy agrees and says he will let the match go on, but the match will be Non Santioned. (much like HBK's return match at Summerslam 02) Teddy says with all due respect Matt, I don't think you can pull this off on Suday. Matt says he will prove everybody wrong.

It is announced that at Summerslam, it will be Khali and Hardy for the World Title in a No Count Outs, and No DQ Non Santioned match. JBL and Cole also agree with Teddy that as much as they think Hardy has improved they also don't think he can pull it off.

US Title Match
Hardy vs. MVP

Khali and his translator come down halfway through the match to watch at ringside. Hardy is about to win the match after he scores with the Twist of Fate but Khali pulls the ref out of the ring before he can make the three. The ref is about to call the match a no contest because of Khali's interuption but Khali brain chops him before he can. Hardy gets up and is eyeballing Khali from the ring, and is waving Khali on to come into the ring and fight, but just when it looks as if Khali's gonna get in to the ring, MVP recovers, and pulls Hardy around and hits him with the Playmaker and Khali throws the ref in to make the 3 count for MVP to regain the US title.

Now, there is two ways I could finish this.
You could either have Matt Hardy go on to win the title from Khali or you can have him enter a very close effort and make him prove to Khali that he may have underestimated Hardy along with all the doubters.

Thanks for reading.

I like it. Aside from the no sell spear from Batista Just let Khali hit him with a chair.

is it just me or does anyone else wanna see Hardy vs Hardy in longish feud for a title?

Have it as a mutual respect feud no need for twists and turns just 3 matches over 2 PPV's and Let Matt Hardy come out on top

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10489 on: July 19, 2007, 05:41:16 PM »

Alot of people are criticising Smackdown for the move they made with giving Khali the World title after Edge had to relinquish it due to injury. Although this could turn out pretty well if booked properly. (Although we know theres a 90% chance it won't  Roll Eyes)

- Early on in the match up, have Kane and Batista decide to take out Khali and put him through one of the announcers tables. Then Kane and Batista go at in the ring while Khali is lying out on the floor. Have the match end when Kane goes  for the Chokeslam on Batista, but Khali comes into the ring again, pushes Batista out of the way and Chokebombs Kane.

- Now Batista gets up, runs against the ropes, ducks and when Khali turns around Batista spears him, but it does not knock Khali down. Khali grabs Batista, Chokebombs him, and pins him for the three.

- This way, we don't see Khali much in the match, but he still regains crediblty as a monster, and Kane and Batista still looks strong as they took him out at the beginning until the end of the match.

Next Week On Smackdown
[/b][/u]

- Batista comes out to the ring, and says, all he needs is a one on one match with Khali and he would beat him. He goes on to say that Kane got in his way on Sunday (Batista is still a face but is too proud to admit that Khali was too much for him at the Bash)

- Kane then comes out, and says lets see who's the better of the two now. So the two get ready to fight before Teddy Long comes out and announces that it will be Kane vs. Batista later tonight.

Kane and Batista come out for their match. Near the end Kane is about to go for the Chokeslam but Batista kicks him in the groin, and gets himself DQ'ed. Batista then Batista bombs Kane, and leaves the ring. Kane sits up again and begins to laugh. Batista is now turning heel, and with thus, it starts a fued between the two and gets them out of the title picture.

Khali defeats Ric Flair (or some other face midcarder) in his first title defence in the main event in a short squash match. Khali's translator says that The Great Khali already looks dominant, but that he will prove to all the doubters that Khali will go down in the record books as the most dominant champion of all time. This concludes the Smackdown broadcast.

[/u]

Teddy Long announces that tonights main event, it's gonna be a Champion vs. Champion exhibition match. Khali versus Matt Hardy.

When Hardy is making his way down the ramp out to the ring for the main event, Khali comes out behind him and viciously attacks him before the match starts. He continues to assault Hardy and beat him down until he is a bloody mess and is left unconscious in the ring to end the programme.

Khali and his translator come out to the ring and say that Khali proved last week when he beat down Matt Hardy that he was on his way to becoming the most dominant champion in history and that Khali means it and will continue to wreak havoc on Smackdown until the world believes it.

Matt Hardy then comes out to the ramp and cuts a promo saying you can try all you want to destroy every bone in my body but no matter what I am going to continue to do what I love to do because Im the best now I've ever been and that Im at the top of my game. He then goes on to say that Khali may be a big guy but I have a bigger heart than what Khali ever will. Hardy is then about to leave but turns around and says, one more thing, "Khali....I'm challenging you to a match at Summerslam because even though I have a match tonight against MVP in a non title match I will never give in and I Will Not Die!! Khali accepts and the segment ends.

- It's now time for Hardy vs. MVP in a non title rematch and MVP comes out and says he just spoke to Teddy, and he says if I win this match, he'll get a title rematch against Hardy next week on smackdown.

- The match raves on between Hardy and MVP, until theres a ref bump, and Hardy hits the Twist of Fate but the refs down. Khali comes out, and chokebombs Hardy then MVP just about gets the arm over Hardy. The ref recovers and counts the 3. MVP will get a US title match next week.

At the beginning of the programme Matt Hardy is shown in Teddys office talking to him. Teddy says that he is very concerned about Hardys wellbeing this Sunday, and is considering calling the match off. Matt tells him not too, and reminds him that he "Will Not Die" and cuts a promo about this is his dream and he's living it right now. Teddy agrees and says he will let the match go on, but the match will be Non Santioned. (much like HBK's return match at Summerslam 02) Teddy says with all due respect Matt, I don't think you can pull this off on Suday. Matt says he will prove everybody wrong.

It is announced that at Summerslam, it will be Khali and Hardy for the World Title in a No Count Outs, and No DQ Non Santioned match. JBL and Cole also agree with Teddy that as much as they think Hardy has improved they also don't think he can pull it off.

US Title Match
Hardy vs. MVP

Khali and his translator come down halfway through the match to watch at ringside. Hardy is about to win the match after he scores with the Twist of Fate but Khali pulls the ref out of the ring before he can make the three. The ref is about to call the match a no contest because of Khali's interuption but Khali brain chops him before he can. Hardy gets up and is eyeballing Khali from the ring, and is waving Khali on to come into the ring and fight, but just when it looks as if Khali's gonna get in to the ring, MVP recovers, and pulls Hardy around and hits him with the Playmaker and Khali throws the ref in to make the 3 count for MVP to regain the US title.

You could either have Matt Hardy go on to win the title from Khali or you can have him enter a very close effort and make him prove to Khali that he may have underestimated Hardy along with all the doubters.

Thanks for reading.

I like it. Aside from the no sell spear from Batista Just let Khali hit him with a chair.

is it just me or does anyone else wanna see Hardy vs Hardy in longish feud for a title?

Have it as a mutual respect feud no need for twists and turns just 3 matches over 2 PPV's and Let Matt Hardy come out on top
Thanks man. Smiley

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing another one either.

I enjoyed their match at Vengence 2001 were Lita was the special guest referee.

The only problem though, is who would be the face, and who would be the heel for the fued, then again I guess thats what you mean by a mutual respect fued.  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10490 on: July 19, 2007, 05:49:13 PM »

Didn't that match result in both of them being kept off TV until the Royal Rumble?

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10491 on: July 19, 2007, 06:02:06 PM »

Didn't that match result in both of them being kept off TV until the Royal Rumble?
I don't know, I just remember the match, I don't recall the follow up to it.

I may watch that match again tommorow.  ok

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #10492 on: July 19, 2007, 06:17:38 PM »

Alot of people are criticising Smackdown for the move they made with giving Khali the World title after Edge had to relinquish it due to injury. Although this could turn out pretty well if booked properly. (Although we know theres a 90% chance it won't? Roll Eyes)

- Early on in the match up, have Kane and Batista decide to take out Khali and put him through one of the announcers tables. Then Kane and Batista go at in the ring while Khali is lying out on the floor. Have the match end when Kane goes? for the Chokeslam on Batista, but Khali comes into the ring again, pushes Batista out of the way and Chokebombs Kane.

Next Week On Smackdown
[/b][/u]

[/u]

US Title Match
Hardy vs. MVP

Thanks for reading.

Thanks man. Smiley

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing another one either.

The only problem though, is who would be the face, and who would be the heel for the fued, then again I guess thats what you mean by a mutual respect fued.? yes

Yeah thats what i meant.

It would have an Awesome Build Up.

Matt Hardy Could be champ going in. Lose it to Jeff, Matt wins the rematch. And then have a Ladder Match / TLC match for the 3rd and Final Match. Just think that feud could make both wrestlers go to that Main Event Level. Jeff could go to ECW and fight for that World Title and Matt Could go on being a big player on SD probally until the money feud with Edge could emerge.

Just so much potential and i think that series of matches could be 'Match of the Year' Candidates

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10493 on: July 19, 2007, 06:26:57 PM »

Former ECW Tag Team Champion John Kronus was found dead yesterday at his girlfriend's apartment in New Hampshire.

There are no other details available at this point.

R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C81oF9y4RYY

Stevie Richards & The Eliminators (Saturn & Kronus) vs Francine & The Pitbulls
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10494 on: July 20, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »

Carlito VS. The Sandman in a Singapore Cane Match has been added to the Great American Bash card.

do I sense a cane-related match between Carlito and Sandman??

Grin

The Great American Bash

World Heavyweight Championship
The Great Khali VS. Batista VS. Kane

WWE Championship
John Cena VS. Bobby Lashley

ECW Championship
John Morrison VS. CM Punk

Texas Bull Rope Match
Dusty Rhodes VS. Randy Orton

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Umaga VS. Jeff Hardy

WWE United States Championship
MVP VS. Matt Hardy

WWE Women's Championship
Candice Michelle VS. Melina

Singapore Cane Match
Carlito VS. The Sandman

It's a shame that The Undertaker is injured because the Bash is his event. He enjoys killing people at it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 01:29:08 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10495 on: July 20, 2007, 11:22:22 PM »

Not to keep bitching about the PSYCHOLOGY but what the fuck was up on Smackdown in the battle royal?

Do they even think of how stupid their shit is anymore?

U have the entire roster gang up to eliminate Mark Henry................................. How bout Khali?

Its just ridiculous to think that wrestlers are more worried bout Henry than Khali.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #10496 on: July 21, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »

I hate battle royals like that. I'm a huge fan of the Royal Rumble because of the entrants part. I don't like it when the entire ring is full at the start. Its sooooo fucking boring. What a shitty way to decide the championship. They should have put kane as one part of the match at GAB and had a short contenders tourney for the other challenger and the winner at gab is the new champ. At least than I wouldn't have been subjected to another shitty battle royal.? smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10497 on: July 21, 2007, 02:50:43 PM »

Predictions:

Candice is retaining the Women's title. Hopefully. Blow Up The Mall need it.

Umaga's retaining.

I think MVP will keep the title. It wouldn't be the biggest shock if Matt won but I pick MVP.

I think Sandman will beat Carlito. Vince is apparently thinking of giving Sandman an 'undercard' push.

The WWE don't really have anything to gain by having Dusty beat Orton. RKO kills another legend!

I predict Jim John Morrison retaining the ECW Title through some despicable heel tactics.

Khali/Kane/Dave. Call me crazy but I have a feeling that Kane is going to win this one. Though the way the announcers were playing up the dawning of the Khali 'era', we may be in for a - nervous - longer Khali title reign.

As for Cena/Lashley, Cena's mown down everyone else in his path, why should he stop now? I don't like Lashley's "I'm angry and have been screwed out of everything" deal and thought Cena was pretty good on Raw with his fake crying and smirking at Lashley. Cena wins again.

That's my two...pence.

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10498 on: July 21, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »

Khali/Kane/Dave. Call me crazy but I have a feeling that Kane is going to win this one. Though the way the announcers were playing up the dawning of the Khali 'era', we may be in for a - nervous - longer Khali title reign.

That's my two...pence.
Unfortunatley, I completely agree with you. no

And although I expected MVP to retain and win in the first title match on the fued, I'm not so sure now as JBL and Cole have been hyping Hardy up for weeks. And a quote from Matt Hardys myspace says, "how cool would it be for the two Hardys to bring home the U.S and I.C titles."

Now, as always, the wrestlers know who's going to be winning in the match, so this would suggest that both the Hardys were told that they were going over in their respective matches.  yes

Although plans could change as this was dated 07/17...  confused
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 03:12:15 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #10499 on: July 21, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »

Predictions:

Candice is retaining the Women's title. Hopefully. Blow Up The Mall need it.

Umaga's retaining.

I think MVP will keep the title. It wouldn't be the biggest shock if Matt won but I pick MVP.

I think Sandman will beat Carlito. Vince is apparently thinking of giving Sandman an 'undercard' push.

The WWE don't really have anything to gain by having Dusty beat Orton. RKO kills another legend!

I predict Jim John Morrison retaining the ECW Title through some despicable heel tactics.

As for Cena/Lashley, Cena's mown down everyone else in his path, why should he stop now? I don't like Lashley's "I'm angry and have been screwed out of everything" deal and thought Cena was pretty good on Raw with his fake crying and smirking at Lashley. Cena wins again.

That's my two...pence.

I think Lashley is gonna beat Cena for the title and this is why:

HHH is nearly back and he looks set to go into a small feud with King Booker. I think Lashley beating Cena allows more from Cena and Lashley Feud (one more match at least, probally two). If Cena wins then it would be hard to justify another shot for Lashley. I think they'll push for a HHH vs Cena Feud sooner rather than later due to Cena doing another film (supposedly) and HHH seemingly having bad injury luck.

now the beauty of a Cena vs HHH feud is that its so big its doesn't have to be for the world title (although personally HHH vs Cena for the world title at Wrestlemania again would rule) and therefore a feud like Kennedy vs Lashley would have great support on the card in the shape of a bonafide superstar match.

So that leaves WWE with a choice. In a time where ratings are sliding and the wrestling world is under the spotlight the best thing to do is go with your A game. So while HHH is getting sharp again with Booker T, you have WWE's top two young stars in Cena and Lashley in a feud now i think it will end up 1 win each, so as to not discredit the other. The question is, will Cena beat Lashley 1st and then drop the title for a non-title feud with HHH or will he regain it off Lashley for a title feud with HHH?

I think its the latter and thats why i think Lashley will win the 1st match.

It will be very interesting, for example should Cena have to take some time off (god knows he is due) maybe they might run a feud with HHH, where HHH beats Cena for the title at Survivor Series and in the process leaves Cena on the shelf. Cena then returns to the Royal Rumble winning it to set up a Wrestlemania Rematch with HHH.

Anyway i know that was long winded but thats why i think Lashley will be the champion after the GAB

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: