Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829857 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10440 on: July 17, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »

SPOILERS ON POSSIBLE CANDIDATE FOR NEXT CHAMPION

Candidates to win the title are Mark Henry, Batista, or Matt Hardy. WWE could bring Rey Mysterio back and put the strap back on him immediately, but that would seem to be the most unlikely to happen.

This is the break Hardy needs! We will just have to see whether or not WWE has the balls to put it on him now. The only thing thats making me unsure about it is he's already scheduled for a US Title match this Sunday. I swear, as god as my witness, if the WWE puts the title on Mark Henry, I will stop watching wrestling for ever.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 02:38:26 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10441 on: July 17, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »

^ yeah if Henry gets it, I won't watch Smackdown while he has the title.

Hopefully Matt gets it instead of BOREtista. What WWE need to realise is that if they put the belt on Matt Hardy they will have more people viewing and more people going to the shows, whereas if Henry has it ratings will decrease (like they aren't bad enough currently) and people will take Smackdown as (more of) a joke. They're already had countless boring Batista reigns. Why not try out new main-eventers who the crowd pop for the most. You can't go wrong with Matt as champ

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10442 on: July 17, 2007, 02:57:18 PM »

^ yeah if Henry gets it, I won't watch Smackdown while he has the title.

Hopefully Matt gets it instead of BOREtista. What WWE need to realise is that if they put the belt on Matt Hardy they will have more people viewing and more people going to the shows, whereas if Henry has it ratings will decrease (like they aren't bad enough currently) and people will take Smackdown as (more of) a joke. They're already had countless boring Batista reigns. Why not try out new main-eventers who the crowd pop for the most. You can't go wrong with Matt as champ
Oh my brotha testify! hihi

I'm too excited to write a review about everything positive on Hardy, but you guys all know what I think of the guy as I regulary praise him.

The guy gets bigger pops than the shows top babyface (Batista) so he's good for ratings.

Whether he wins the title or not, I will express my views in detail tommorow when we find out the results.

For now I will leave you with a quote from JBL:

"Matt Hardy is a main event star waiting to happen."

yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10443 on: July 17, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »

Also, His series of matches against Curt Hennig were raved about in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated mags. Would be cool if a couple of them were captured.
See you'd think those 2 would have a classic but the one ppv match up between them i remember was at a Summerslam and it finished with crap count out win and the match up to then wasn't much to write home about.? Was it tv or house shows matches they were raving about?

It was a 1-2 month stretch of house shows. I'm sure most were better than their PPV match.
That's something that's puzzled me for years, how many house shows and non tv and non ppv matches, properly filmed do WWE have on record?  Remember all those supertapes they used to bring out, many containing rare and good matches.  I have an ol' classic one Wham! Bam! Bodyslam! hihi presented by Ted Dibiase.  It's great, Backlund wins a Battle Royal and Owen Hart wins the WWF Title in a lumberjack match but the decision is reversed, when, they use an instant replay  hihi  Plus supertapes are the only way to have Skinner's Greatest Hits Grin

On the Edge injury front they should move Kennedy back from RAW, he's in no feud (they did the same with Angle), Triple H is feuding with Booker on his return by the looks of things.  Mysterio's reign bombed, Batista is boring and we don't want it back with him yet, Matt Hardy isn't ready, Mark Henry will NEVER be ready.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10444 on: July 17, 2007, 04:55:01 PM »

What about Kane he's no.1 contender, or he was? He could keep the belt warm for a while, and do a decent job until the writers work something out. Kennedy or Orton to SD, could be a better long term answer.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10445 on: July 17, 2007, 04:59:46 PM »

a don't think they have any plans to put the belt on Kane but I agree that they should move Kennedy back to SD

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10446 on: July 17, 2007, 05:10:49 PM »

a don't think they have any plans to put the belt on Kane but I agree that they should move Kennedy back to SD

I'm sure if Edge wasn't injured he would have beaten Kane at GAB, but given the circumstances and a lack of realistic contenders on SD they could do a lot worse than Kane imo. He's been with WWE a long time, he's held the belt before (admittedly not for a while) and he's quite over with the crowd.

I doubt they'll do it but imo they could do a lot worse.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10447 on: July 17, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »

I'm sure if Edge wasn't injured he would have beaten Kane at GAB, but given the circumstances and a lack of realistic contenders on SD they could do a lot worse than Kane imo. He's been with WWE a long time, he's held the belt before (admittedly not for a while) and he's quite over with the crowd.

I doubt they'll do it but imo they could do a lot worse.
hihi That's an understatement.  Sersiously though it was 24 hours, he's been jobbed out so much now, all they do is build him up once a year as a big monster then feed him to others.  For Kennedy it makes sense, Mr MITB returns to Smackdown and takes the title he was going to have, you could even work something with Edge where they bump into each other backstage and he says how he is here to take what he stole from him.........
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10448 on: July 17, 2007, 05:38:30 PM »

True enough, I put that just in case he'd held it in the 02-05 timeframe when I didn't watch wrestling. I guess not  hihi That is a criminal waste though imo, he deserves better than the jobber he's become.

Doesn't seem like they are wanting to move Kennedy back to SD though, they must have a decent Raw feud lined up for him in the coming weeks. Kennedy vs Orton has bags of potential.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10449 on: July 17, 2007, 05:47:05 PM »

Kennedy vs Orton has bags of potential.
Both heels.  Orton is fighting Dusty Rhodes at GAB and i'm guessing he'll carry on feuding with the Rhodes and fight Cody at Summerslam.

Kennedy could slot right in and even work against Kane this sunday. yes
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10450 on: July 17, 2007, 05:58:40 PM »

Kennedy vs Orton has bags of potential.
Both heels.? Orton is fighting Dusty Rhodes at GAB and i'm guessing he'll carry on feuding with the Rhodes and fight Cody at Summerslam.

Kennedy could slot right in and even work against Kane this sunday. yes

They are both heels right now, but considering the pop Kennedy got when he got drafted to Raw it wouldn't take much work to turn him face imo.

Kane vs Kennedy would work.

I have a bad feeling Mark Henry might get the nod though  no

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10451 on: July 17, 2007, 06:05:32 PM »

I have a bad feeling Mark Henry might get the nod though? no
For the sheer hilariousness of it i wouldn't mind hihi
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10452 on: July 17, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »

Well he's one of my picks on the ROV wrestling game, so you know.....every cloud  hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10453 on: July 17, 2007, 06:40:20 PM »

Well he's one of my picks on the ROV wrestling game, so you know.....every cloud? hihi
The what? that's like mentioning WCW on WWE TV Tongue

The identity of the champion is in small text.

The Great Khali
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10454 on: July 17, 2007, 06:48:20 PM »

Smackdown is now the 5th brand in WWE because of that.

1.Raw 2.ECW 3.OVW 4.FCW 5.SD

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10455 on: July 17, 2007, 06:50:42 PM »

5th? Come on, it's not like they are giving the title to Custom Chucky P Cheesy
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10456 on: July 17, 2007, 06:52:44 PM »

WWE's plan at the moment is to have The Great Khali win the WWE World Championship at tonight's Smackdown tapings once Edge vacates it due to his pectoral tear injury. There will be a Battle Royal later in the show and the winner of the match will win the title.

Furthermore, the match between Khali & Batista at the Great American Bash will now be a title match.

THIS IS A FUCKING DISGRACE.
THIS IS WORSE THAN MARK HENRY.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10457 on: July 17, 2007, 06:58:55 PM »

ooo that was uncalled for!

Chuck would make a better champ

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10458 on: July 17, 2007, 07:03:26 PM »

ooo that was uncalled for!

Chuck would make a better champ
Not really, midcarders devalue the belt.  Sucky as he is Khali is a main eventer and by all accounts it'll be a 48 hour reign...
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10459 on: July 17, 2007, 07:04:10 PM »

WWE's plan at the moment is to have The Great Khali win the WWE World Championship at tonight's Smackdown tapings once Edge vacates it due to his pectoral tear injury. There will be a Battle Royal later in the show and the winner of the match will win the title.

Furthermore, the match between Khali & Batista at the Great American Bash will now be a title match.

THIS IS A FUCKING DISGRACE.
THIS IS WORSE THAN MARK HENRY.

Nah its not worse than Mark Henry. Whilst he's still crap I think Khalis a bit better than he used to be. He's taken a couple of big falls for a guy of his size as well in recent months. Having said that he shouldn't be champion, although I 'd prefer to see him as champ than Henry.

Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: