Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829564 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10420 on: July 16, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »

This thread has officially gone to hell!? hihi

Theres only been two members that has posted since the 12th!? no

Come on guys, I wanna talk wrestling!? ok

Quote from Victor McDade - "I have plenty of pish tae say."? hihi

Fans of the Scottish sitcom Still Game will probably find that funny

Still Game!! Cheesy beer
Love that show. I enjoyed last week's episode with trying to get into the park with the ladder.

Ladders are often used in wrestling (that was a quality segue) and the Ladder Match DVD was released recently. Has anyone bought it? I'm not sure if I will as I've got quite a few of the matches already.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10421 on: July 16, 2007, 05:40:30 PM »

This thread has officially gone to hell!  hihi

Theres only been two members that has posted since the 12th!  no

Come on guys, I wanna talk wrestling!  ok

Quote from Victor McDade - "I have plenty of pish tae say."  hihi

Fans of the Scottish sitcom Still Game will probably find that funny

Still Game!! Cheesy beer
Love that show. I enjoyed last week's episode with trying to get into the park with the ladder.

Ladders are often used in wrestling (that was a quality segue) and the Ladder Match DVD was released recently. Has anyone bought it? I'm not sure if I will as I've got quite a few of the matches already.
Yeah, I never miss it. Can't wait to next weeks episode. Loved when Victor fell off the ladder.  rofl
I used that reference, because I know theres a lot of Scots that post here. hihi

As for the Ladder Match DVD, I haven't got it, but I'm going away this weekend and I am planning to buy a shitload of wrestling DVD's to keep me occupied throughout the summer. I watched the NWO DVD today and loved it, and it helped alot to pass the time, so thats why I've decided to buy some.

So far I'm planning on buying -

- The Monday Night Wars

- Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen

- The History of the WWE Championship

I'm also considering the Dusty Rhodes DVD, but haven't heard whether it's any good or not.

Any recommendations?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 06:46:38 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10422 on: July 16, 2007, 08:26:38 PM »

The Ladder Matches DVD isn't out in Europe untill late August

Chris Benoit toxicology reports are out tomorrow, theres gonna be a press conference about it.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10423 on: July 17, 2007, 07:10:35 AM »

- The Monday Night Wars

I'm also considering the Dusty Rhodes DVD, but haven't heard whether it's any good or not.

Any recommendations?
I'd hold off that it's not all that impressive, it's WWE's version and it has only a few extras....

.....I haven't got the Horsemen one but i want to because i was a Paul Roma mark  hihi  I've heard good reviews and medicore ones, i heard one where Anderson talks like wrestling is real and on these documentaries, considering where the business is now, to do that is just an insult to everyone's intelligence.

As for the History of the WWE Championship, i won't get that myself since i have a lot of the matches of other DVDs but it depends what you have.

I have the Hulk Hogan Anthology and it really is great.  He's had lots of great matches and it's such a cool trip down memory lane, seriously, well worth getting!  The Road Warriors DVD has one of the best docu bits and is really interesting, the bonus matches though are lacking as were all Road Warrior matches, still lot of fun and hell you get a Scaffold Match and Cornette breaking his legs Cheesy  The Mick Foley set is damn impressive to all the matches are awesome.  I'm guessing you have HBK's From The Vault, shame it's missing so many matches but i hear they have another, proper set planned for him.  Ric Flair's Set and The Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80s are both fantastic, packed full of matches and vignettes, WWE really does do DVD's damn well!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10424 on: July 17, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »

Any word on when to expect the return of  The (mind) Game?

Should be coming up quick....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10425 on: July 17, 2007, 08:40:06 AM »

- The Monday Night Wars

Any recommendations?
I'd hold off that it's not all that impressive, it's WWE's version and it has only a few extras....

.....I haven't got the Horsemen one but i want to because i was a Paul Roma mark  hihi  I've heard good reviews and medicore ones, i heard one where Anderson talks like wrestling is real and on these documentaries, considering where the business is now, to do that is just an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Oh, I see someone has been reading this months edition of Power Slam. hihi
Yeah, I went through alot of my back issues for some recommendations because I love their take on wrestling. They're tough but fair. They praise what needs to be praised and tear apart the rest. rofl
Someone here said it before - Power Slam Magazine is Wrestlings Bible.

As for the Monday Night Wars, I want to get that simply because I enjoyed the NWO DVD, and want to hear more about WCW/WWF although I know most of the story anyways I'd still like to add it to my collection.

I preordered the Shawn Michaels From the Vault DVD, when it first came out, but was actually really dissapointed with it. I really would have liked to saw more interviews and sit downs, with other superstars. I'll be getting his next one when it comes out. I asume it will mostly concentrate on his career from 2002 onwards, so it should be great. Cheesy

I have the Mick Foley DVD (the 2 Disc one) and yeah, that is a brillant DVD too. One of the best DVD's for the extra's alone. I've also saw the Road Warriors documentary but haven't saw any of the matches on it.

I don't think I would even consider buying the Hogan DVD, as I've never liked him, and I've also read a review on it, were it is mediorce but nothing great. Hogan has always been about spectacle not the actual wrestling itself, and thats just not what Im looking for so it doesn't appeal to me.

There is so many DVD's out there, so I'll just have to go and pick from whatever I can find. Some are superb, while others are just dreadful. (Yes, I was a sucker and bought the latest DX Box Set) hihi

And while we're on the subject of wrestling biographies, etc, Im actually interested in buying Chris Jerichos new book, "A Lions Tale." I've read HBK's, Edges, Mick Foleys Hardcore Diaries, Guerrero's, and Jerry Lawlers, and throughingly enjoyed most of them. Jericho's book isn't a WWE production, so it should be very interesting.

beer

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10426 on: July 17, 2007, 09:13:18 AM »

The only wrestling autobiographies I've read are HBK's and Foley's first two. Though I have the Hardcore Diaries and Eric Bischoff's book which I'll read soon.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10427 on: July 17, 2007, 09:32:08 AM »

The only wrestling autobiographies I've read are HBK's and Foley's first two. Though I have the Hardcore Diaries and Eric Bischoff's book which I'll read soon.

You should really read Edge's book.
It's a great honest read, and the chapters, are only usually 3 or 4 pages long, which makes you want to read on.  ok

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10428 on: July 17, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »

I asume it will mostly concentrate on his career from 2002 onwards, so it should be great. Cheesy

You're probably right, but I was hoping for a set that concentrates more on the earlier part of his career.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10429 on: July 17, 2007, 01:06:15 PM »

I asume it will mostly concentrate on his career from 2002 onwards, so it should be great. Cheesy

You're probably right, but I was hoping for a set that concentrates more on the earlier part of his career.
In that case you really should consider buying Shawn Michaels: Boyhood Dream.  ok

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10430 on: July 17, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »

I have, but I heard it was very short and the matches were heavily edited so I took a pass.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10431 on: July 17, 2007, 01:54:09 PM »

I'd definatly recommend Bret Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be 3 disc dvd, it's great, it shows quite afew of his Stampede matches and shows focus on his early years and the formation of the Hart Foundation. It also gives Brets point of view over the Montreal Screwjob. Definatly well worth buying & is part of a sale in HMV for ?20 instead of ?30

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10432 on: July 17, 2007, 01:56:23 PM »

Any word on when to expect the return of The (mind) Game?

Should be coming up quick....

he will be returning on:

13th August episode of Raw live from Madison Square Garden

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10433 on: July 17, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »

I have, but I heard it was very short and the matches were heavily edited so I took a pass.
I looked on Silvervision and it stated they were "Highlights". ?It covers his matches through 96 and all but the best of those are on the From The Vault DVD (Mind Games w/ Mankind, No Holds Barred vs Diesel etc.)

Now for HBK there are so many matches but let's go all out for the ULTIMATE anthology.

Put in some early Rockers matches, plenty of fun ones to pick from.

Move on to his singles career.

RAW Debut vs Max Moon (For historic value..)

Put one of his RAW classics with Marty Jannetty on as well as their Royal Rumble 93 battle.

Put on his SNME IC Title win over British Bulldog.

WMX Ladder Match vs Razor.

Royal Rumble 95.

IYH2 '95 vs Double J for the IC Title.

Summerslam 95 Ladder Match vs Razor.

Survivor Series '95 Match (A classic 4 vs 4 SS match...)

Royal Rumble 96.

RAW '96 vs Yokozuna (He pulled a good match out of him, i marked for this like crazy as a kid)

INY6 '96 vs Owen Hart with Title Shot on the Line.

WM12 vs Bret.

IYH7 vs Diesel - No Holds Barred

IYH Mind Games vs Mankind

Royal Rumble 97 vs Sid

King of the Ring 97 vs Austin

One Night Only 97 vs British Bulldog

Bad Blood 97 vs Undertaker

Montreal Screwjob, SS97

Summerslam 2002 vs Triple H

Survivor Series 2002 - Elimination Chamber.

Wrestlemania XIX vs Chris Jericho

December 03, RAW, vs Triple H

Royal Rumble 04 vs Triple H, Last Man Standing

Bad Blood 04 vs Triple H, Hell In A Cell

Rockers Reunion, RAW.

Wrestlemania XXI vs Kurt Angle

RAW 05 vs Shelton Benjamin, Gold Rush Tournament.

Vengeance 05 vs Kurt Angle

Summerslam 05 vs Hogan

WM22 vs Vince

NYR07 DX vs Rated RKO (HBK saves the match after Trips get's injured)

RAW England 07 vs Cena

I'll be the first to admit that needs major trimming as it would take about 10 discs (I would want a proper docu/bio bit to it, plus vignettes, promo's etc.)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10434 on: July 17, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »

I'll be the first to admit that needs major trimming as it would take about 10 discs (I would want a proper docu/bio bit to it, plus vignettes, promo's etc.)

Then 10 discs is what we need!

Dig up whatever could be found from the AWA days and add a cage match with Marty in there...

I don't think these matches were even on TV or PPV, but they tore down the house.

Also, His series of matches against Curt Hennig were raved about in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated mags. Would be cool if a couple of them were captured.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10435 on: July 17, 2007, 02:15:11 PM »

Also, His series of matches against Curt Hennig were raved about in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated mags. Would be cool if a couple of them were captured.
See you'd think those 2 would have a classic but the one ppv match up between them i remember was at a Summerslam and it finished with crap count out win and the match up to then wasn't much to write home about.  Was it tv or house shows matches they were raving about?
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10436 on: July 17, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »

The Smackdown title curse has struck again.

On Raw last night, they said that Edge would be making a big announcement on this week's edition of SmackDown. As a follow-up, WWE.com said it would concern the World Championship. It appears as though that he'll be relinquishing the belt at tonight's SmackDown tapings.

Edge has a torn pectoral muscle from taking a bad bump during the Mardi Gras angle on last week's edition of SmackDown. He is going to be out of atcion for an undetermined length of time. It all hinges upon whether he goes in for surgery and just tries to have it heal from rehab. Edge is obviously disappointed over the timing of the injury because the plan was for him to have a long reign as champion, not to mention be the top star SmackDown.

The current plan is to have a Battle Royal at tonight's taping to determine a new champion. The winner of the Battle Royal will make his first title defense at Sunday's Great American Bash pay-per-view.

This is absolutley terrible. I'm starting to think this belt really is cursed. Undecided
Lets hope the doc mis read the diagnosis similar to Kennedy...

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10437 on: July 17, 2007, 02:20:42 PM »

FUCK! I'm going to see Smackdown at Newcastle in October Front Row and Edge one of the people I couldnt wait to see...the other being Chuck Palumbo  Tongue

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10438 on: July 17, 2007, 02:22:13 PM »

See you'd think those 2 would have a classic but the one ppv match up between them i remember was at a Summerslam and it finished with crap count out win and the match up to then wasn't much to write home about.? Was it tv or house shows matches they were raving about?

It was a 1-2 month stretch of house shows. I'm sure most were better than their PPV match.

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10439 on: July 17, 2007, 02:27:26 PM »

FUCK! I'm going to see Smackdown at Newcastle in October Front Row and Edge one of the people I couldnt wait to see...the other being Chuck Palumbo  Tongue
I was hoping to meet him in December to get my book signed. I sure hope he's back by then. Im really hoping that this diagnosis is misread.

Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: