Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829154 times)
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10340 on: July 03, 2007, 05:08:01 PM »

Remember when the Warrior was the champ .. this Cena run has that feel to it. Kinda excited, but filling in for a better champ. But when Warrior took belt off of Hogan you knew Hogan would get it back soon.
Now it is a matter of time when HHH gets it back.

Same old, same old.  no

I just got the reason why Deuce and Domino - the guys in the '50's were fighting Sgt Slaughter and Snuka ... they were around in the 50s! that should be their gimic ..like Rob Conway's was recently ...to fight has-beens/ former greats. (i mean that in a nice way)
here's some tag-teams for them: Flair and Lawler, Roddy Piper and Orton - the older guy, Taker and a returning Sid ( those old 80/90/s skyscraper wcw gimic ), whenever Steiners jump ship from TNA, are the Moondogs around (if not repackage the bearded Highlander guy who looks like Eugene and team with eugene), and can't forget Doom of the 80s  - slap a couple of masks on Cryme Tyme cause that gimic aint going anywhere.

beer

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10341 on: July 03, 2007, 05:16:24 PM »

this Cena run has that feel to it. Kinda excited, but filling in for a better champ. But when Warrior took belt off of Hogan you knew Hogan would get it back soon.
Now it is a matter of time when HHH gets it back.
The same thing was said about the Rock.  That he was just filling in for Austin. Which he kinda was, but he took the ball and ran with it.  I kinda like Cena. Ive tuned out of wwe lately, but I have watched Cena evolve into something pretty good. 
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10342 on: July 03, 2007, 06:03:14 PM »

I don't mind Cena too much either. He's not all over the TV. In fact, in the build-up to the Vengeance main event, there wasn't really a focus on one particular guy.

I saw Kennedy trying not to laugh when Cena referred to him as "Mr. Kellogs Crunchy Nut". hihi

Also, do I sense a cane-related match between Carlito and Sandman??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10343 on: July 03, 2007, 06:24:46 PM »

Just read this on the tna site:
On Friday in Tokyo, Japan, TNA Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle defeated longtime rival Brock Lesnar for the IWGP Championship in a match for Antonio Inoki?s new IGF wrestling promotion.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1427

and if anyone thinks i dont like Cena - i like him, but think HHH is a better champ and let Cena chase a title
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #10344 on: July 03, 2007, 07:00:26 PM »

Just read this on the tna site:
On Friday in Tokyo, Japan, TNA Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle defeated longtime rival Brock Lesnar for the IWGP Championship in a match for Antonio Inoki?s new IGF wrestling promotion.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1427

and if anyone thinks i dont like Cena - i like him, but think HHH is a better champ and let Cena chase a title

If your gonna have Cena chase a title have him chase it with some younger talent. I don't want another HHH title reign. I'm sick of that and it was a long time ago. HHH needs a longer break IMO. Let a younger guy like Ortan, who I hear HHH is pushing for, get the title and have Cena chase him. Or my favorite guy beside HBK, Mr. Kennedy. He's ready for the spotlight. But please let HHH take a little bit of backseat when he comes back next month and have him be face and immediatly fued with Ortan or kennedy and than the other so these guys can get over as the top 2 heels in the company.?I don't like Cena or Lashley but lets push that fued till summerslam, have HHH fued Ortan or Kennedy when he comes back for a number one contenders match at summerslam. Than have one of them beat HHH to take on Cena at the next PPV and than Cena can finally lose the title and start chasing.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10345 on: July 03, 2007, 07:42:03 PM »

The Rock was hilarious

John Cena is so fuckin corny..........

I almost fast forward through all his promos cause they are just horrendous.

Shawn Micheals could do the Cena angle and everyone would love it.

With Cena it feels like a fraud cause he has no charisma and is a shit wrestler and everyone is sick of him being crammed down our throats when he sucks.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10346 on: July 03, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »

Source: US Weekly

Hulk Hogan was interviewed this week by popular entertainment magazine US Weekly. Hogan said he was shocked when he heard about the Benoit family tragedy.

Hulk Hogan, who last saw Benoit in March, said ?He was peaceful and kept to himself?. When asked about what he thinks pushed Benoit over the edge, Hogan said "I think it had to be something personal, a domestic problem between him and his wife."

Hogan had some bizarre claims about Chris Benoit's deceased wife, Nancy. ?She was into devil-worship stuff. It was part of her [wrestling] character, but [she was] somebody who gets so close to their character, someone who gets into their character too much. Sometimes these people believe their own publicity.?

anyone think Hogan has had too much of the magic mushrooms lately?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10347 on: July 03, 2007, 08:47:14 PM »

It's a strange thing to say, but I guess he'd be in a better position to know than we would.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10348 on: July 03, 2007, 10:16:14 PM »

They need to really check Daniel Benoit for Poison etc

Maybe Nancy Poisoned Daniel

Chris came home and found Daniel Dead and then snapped and killed his wife.................

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10349 on: July 03, 2007, 10:19:49 PM »

Roll Eyes right......when experts said Nancy died a day earlier than Daniel.

and about the poison ect. thats what the toxicity tests are being done for

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10350 on: July 03, 2007, 10:58:33 PM »

Just thinking of different scenarios that would make him snap to the point he'd bound and tie her up before killing her.

Anyhow TNA This past week was AMAZING

1 hour world title 3 way match between Angle,Rhino and Christian

This match just reminded me even more how stale and shitty WWE wrestling is.

TNA use innovative moves and spots whereas every WWE match is the same boring ass shit.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10351 on: July 03, 2007, 11:06:45 PM »

^ your saying how shitty WWE wrestling is and you praise 3 former WWE wrestlers? that shit don't add up!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10352 on: July 03, 2007, 11:32:21 PM »

^ your saying how shitty WWE wrestling is and you praise 3 former WWE wrestlers? that shit don't add up!

They are no longer WWE wrestlers and allowed to truly show their talents without fear of making the MAIN EVENT SHIT wrestlers look worse.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #10353 on: July 04, 2007, 12:54:59 AM »

TNA use innovative moves and spots whereas every WWE match is the same boring ass shit.

yes i approve of TNA.

it is much better than wwe.

the x division is amazing.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #10354 on: July 04, 2007, 04:04:43 AM »

yes i approve of TNA.

it is much better than wwe.

the x division is amazing.

Overall the wrestling action in TNA is better. But they really need to work on the writing. The storylines for the most part suck really really really bad. And they also have some pretty bad gimmicks going on. The Mic work in wwe I think is better overall. I think overall at this point wwe puts out a slightly better product. Than again I guess i've grown acustom to way wwe is handled as I was a avid wcw fan during its heyday but had to switch over cuz it got really shitty towards the end. There was an adjustment period, because the wwe put out a different product. And now as I watch TNA I find myself trying to adjust once again. With all the complaints I have in the wwe I still tune in to watch my favorite wrestlers like Randy Ortan, Mr. Kennedy, Edge, The Hardy's, HBK, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio to name a few. And yes I know some of those guys are injured. Where as I don't feel that TNA has as many great stars I want to watch no matter what their doing, be it wrestling, shooting a promo, or whatever.? Not to say that TNA doesn't have bright spots, its just it doesn't have enough talent that I enjoy. Though I do believe once their given more time to put on their weekly show it will get better than the wwe.? ? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #10355 on: July 04, 2007, 04:25:02 AM »

meh.

i never watched wrestling for the storylines or the promos. if i wanted to see b grade acting and outrageous storylines i'd watch a chuck norris film....or walker texas ranger or something.

wwe kill everyone in that regard. well atleast they did in the attitude era. there is no doubt that they have the better stars when it comes to mic skills and entertaining and storywriting.

i also used to be a big wcw nitro fan. then wwf had their attitude era. and to compete wcw tried to do the same style of show. thats when i stopped watching american wrestling.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10356 on: July 04, 2007, 05:24:06 AM »

in all honesty as much as i hate the way wwe is run. it is way better then wwe....dont any of you say you dont watch wrestling for the promo's cos if you dont your just tuning in to watch big muscular men in spandex and baby oil hug each other.

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #10357 on: July 04, 2007, 06:03:22 AM »

dont any of you say you dont watch wrestling for the promo's cos if you dont your just tuning in to watch big muscular men in spandex and baby oil hug each other.

i seriously only watch it for the wrestling. in wcw i used change the channel as soon as somebody started a promo or it was a long segment in between a match.

why do you think i watch so much japanese wrestling. theres like zero promos.........the matches are much longer.....and the actual wrestling is actually entertaining.

luckily theres very little baby oil and hugging going on in the matches.

im not denying that the wwe had the best superstars to cut the best promos in the business. shawn michaels, the rock, stone cold road dogg etc.

i just honestly don't care for that shit.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10358 on: July 04, 2007, 06:05:49 AM »

japan are king of the babyoil

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #10359 on: July 04, 2007, 06:10:14 AM »

japan are king of the babyoil

hihi

now ur not even trying to make me get angry.

*sigh*.

Roll Eyes

well im gonna go have a party by myself in the japanese wrestling thread.

crying

Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: