Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829168 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #10320 on: July 01, 2007, 10:44:18 AM »

Behold.

One of my favourite promos of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buPuPzJJtU8 - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQuPMjZtcEg - Part 2

ok

It is a great promo. I remember it the 1st time around thinking the crowd were gonna riot. I also remember that Vince was angry with him coz it ran over 5 minutes coz there was so much chanting and he went on about Bret for too long. But it was good

Works the crowd really well and how mental did the crowd go when Bret's Music played. I hope one day we get to see him on TV for real in Canada.

I still think in his deluded mind he thinks he is in the right about the screwjob, when quite clearly hes not. And some of the things he says about morale fibre is a joke if he believes them. coz he has little to none.

Thats HBK at his best for me. That and the original DX promos. if only he'd talk more and wrestle less he'd be alright IMO (before i get the HBK bummers on my back again)

Yeah, it proves that even though he's a "born again christian" he is still has the ability to be the total heat magnet he was in the Original DX/Attitude era, and really can naturally draw heat without resulting to bad language. It goes to show him as a real pro.

I thought this was one of his best promos of all time, and I remember watching it for the first time, and being amazed at the heat he was getting. I really wish when Shawn Michaels returns he become a heel. I'd love to see one more HBK heel Champion run, as he proved here that he's still got it.

Oh, and Gnrfan, glad you liked it, although I wasn't specifically searching for a HBK promo, I just typed in "wrestling promos" and this was one of the great promos it found. hihi

Personally i dont think he should ever be champ again, but HBK has always had it on the mic.

That promo isn't good coz of the heat he gets . . its good coz he is out there to talk about Hogan and hype his match. And he very quickly understands the crowd and milks the Bret situation to make the interview more productive. Obviously he had the Bret music planned but like i said before i remember Vince going mental at him coz the inetrview over ran and he didn't talk about Hogan enough. I'd imagine by that, that he basically did most of that interview on the fly . . . which for me is what sets this promo apart from others.

Hostile atmosphere
Bret
Hogan
Admitting the Screwjob
Bret & Hogan Entrance Music Taunts
Crowd Chants

It was long but was full of incident and heat. Whats not to like

But Personally i think the interview was key in making him heel. He even admitted for the first time in public that he screwed Bret. like i said i'd much prefer he do this every RAW than have to watch the predictible wrestling he has brought us for the last 12 years.

One promo i love also is Rock and Austin when Austin says "I'll Roll In To The Smackdown Hotel, Go right to room 316 and burn that son of a bitch to the ground" or soething like that. I think thats my favourite

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10321 on: July 01, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »

Behold.

One of my favourite promos of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buPuPzJJtU8 - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQuPMjZtcEg - Part 2

ok

It is a great promo. I remember it the 1st time around thinking the crowd were gonna riot. I also remember that Vince was angry with him coz it ran over 5 minutes coz there was so much chanting and he went on about Bret for too long. But it was good

Works the crowd really well and how mental did the crowd go when Bret's Music played. I hope one day we get to see him on TV for real in Canada.

I still think in his deluded mind he thinks he is in the right about the screwjob, when quite clearly hes not. And some of the things he says about morale fibre is a joke if he believes them. coz he has little to none.

Thats HBK at his best for me. That and the original DX promos. if only he'd talk more and wrestle less he'd be alright IMO (before i get the HBK bummers on my back again)

Yeah, it proves that even though he's a "born again christian" he is still has the ability to be the total heat magnet he was in the Original DX/Attitude era, and really can naturally draw heat without resulting to bad language. It goes to show him as a real pro.

I thought this was one of his best promos of all time, and I remember watching it for the first time, and being amazed at the heat he was getting. I really wish when Shawn Michaels returns he become a heel. I'd love to see one more HBK heel Champion run, as he proved here that he's still got it.

Oh, and Gnrfan, glad you liked it, although I wasn't specifically searching for a HBK promo, I just typed in "wrestling promos" and this was one of the great promos it found. hihi

Personally i dont think he should ever be champ again, but HBK has always had it on the mic.

That promo isn't good coz of the heat he gets . . its good coz he is out there to talk about Hogan and hype his match. And he very quickly understands the crowd and milks the Bret situation to make the interview more productive. Obviously he had the Bret music planned but like i said before i remember Vince going mental at him coz the inetrview over ran and he didn't talk about Hogan enough. I'd imagine by that, that he basically did most of that interview on the fly . . . which for me is what sets this promo apart from others.

Hostile atmosphere
Bret
Hogan
Admitting the Screwjob
Bret & Hogan Entrance Music Taunts
Crowd Chants

It was long but was full of incident and heat. Whats not to like

But Personally i think the interview was key in making him heel. He even admitted for the first time in public that he screwed Bret. like i said i'd much prefer he do this every RAW than have to watch the predictible wrestling he has brought us for the last 12 years.

One promo i love also is Rock and Austin when Austin says "I'll Roll In To The Smackdown Hotel, Go right to room 316 and burn that son of a bitch to the ground" or soething like that. I think thats my favourite

You guy are bringing up some good memories.. Back when wrestling was still good!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10322 on: July 01, 2007, 05:21:54 PM »

for great promo's look no further then The Rock or CM Punk. CM Punk has said some of the greatest promo one liners ever

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10323 on: July 01, 2007, 06:05:20 PM »

^The 1999 Royal Rumble "I Quit" Match is one big long Rock promo.

"The Rock's gonna kick your fat ass"
"Bells'll be ringin'..."
"Your monkey ass says 'I quit'"

Good stuff hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #10324 on: July 01, 2007, 06:31:41 PM »

Got to go with the hilarious Austin 'What?' promo.

'A chilli cheese dog with extra onions....WHAT?'

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10325 on: July 01, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »

sometimes you just cant beat CM Punks "iam not holding a microphone you dumb bitch" Cheesy

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10326 on: July 01, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »

gotta love Buff Bagwell's blooper:

"Hello Glasgow, England!"

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10327 on: July 01, 2007, 11:00:56 PM »

I got ECW,and Smackdown still taped and unwatched.

Im hopin to come back around to wrestling soon but r ight now I am in shock and still extremely upset over all this.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10328 on: July 02, 2007, 09:00:19 AM »

Dave Meltzer is reporting that the conclusion of the McMahon death angle would have saw Vince McMahon returning to television to reveal that he faked his death. Believe it or not, last week?s Raw would have featured a false arrest of Linda McMahon.

I say Vince will come back soon(ish), say he fooled us all and be back to heel Mr. McMahon again.

Grin

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #10329 on: July 02, 2007, 10:52:55 AM »

Got to go with the hilarious Austin 'What?' promo.

'A chilli cheese dog with extra onions....WHAT?'

Ta-ta tots. A bloody Mary....

Brilliant. Love that promo!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10330 on: July 02, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »

A Fox News Channel report said that records obtained by investigators show that between May 2006 and May 2007, Dr. Phil Astin prescribed Chris Benoit "a ten month supply of steroids" every three to four weeks. The report stated that every three to four weeks, Benoit would get a new ten-month supply.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10331 on: July 02, 2007, 06:28:15 PM »

greatest moment from wrestling other the last few years has to be The Rock in the wrestlemania build up with the FINALY!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10332 on: July 03, 2007, 01:37:07 AM »

Tonight is another reason why WWE sucks dick.

Beat the clock matches are so fuckin gay

U have Orton against Jeff Hardy in a beat the clock Match?

Jeff Hardy? the guy who should be getting a fuckin push over roided idiots like Orton,Lashley etc?

Stupid

Why not have these 4 wrestle a tag match, the winning team competes against one another for the spot

That would be much more exciting than the dumb shit we get tonight with the beat the clock so all the wrestlers egos can stay in check by not jobbing.

Also how the fuck is John Cena ever gonna lose the title? 

Seriously, they have built him up so stupidly where its impossible for him to get beat in a one on one match.

I think of Cena compared to someone like "The Rock" and its amazing how corny Cena is and how shit of a wrestler he is.

Cena would barely be a midcarder back in the WWE h eydey when SCSA and The Rock actually fought for the IC title.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10333 on: July 03, 2007, 01:42:36 AM »

never....eh eh everrrrrrrrrrrrr compare The Great One to that of a pussy rapping roided monkey jerker

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10334 on: July 03, 2007, 02:34:28 AM »

never....eh eh everrrrrrrrrrrrr compare The Great One to that of a pussy rapping roided monkey jerker

Wasn't putting Cena on that level

Just showing how far the WWE have fallen when their top guy is Cena who is as interesting as the 4 big turds I just dropped in the toilet.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #10335 on: July 03, 2007, 04:02:02 AM »

forget wwe.

its time to move on to other organisations.

their best days are well gone.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10336 on: July 03, 2007, 11:44:06 AM »

forget wwe.

for the last time, no i do not want you to try and convert us all to Japanese Wrestling. I'd rather watch WWE

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10337 on: July 03, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »

^Same. I can understand the announcers. Tongue

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #10338 on: July 03, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »

Wasn't putting Cena on that level

Just showing how far the WWE have fallen when their top guy is Cena who is as interesting as the 4 big turds I just dropped in the toilet.

I agree 100%. I have said it I don't how many times but too me there is no way in hell John Cena would be the top guy when the wwe was at its best.  He would be IC champ at best. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #10339 on: July 03, 2007, 03:52:25 PM »

forget wwe.

for the last time, no i do not want you to try and convert us all to Japanese Wrestling. I'd rather watch WWE

rats!

hihi

*shakes fist*

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: