Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828788 times)
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10280 on: June 27, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »

in all fairness benoit was a great wrestler...but his legacy deserves to be forgotten 20years of pleasure does not make up for the death of two people and his self.

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10281 on: June 27, 2007, 07:11:59 PM »

here's one for the where are they now: the Mountie!!  commenting about the B tragedy

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/benoit/video/x2dwbx_mort-de-chris-benoit

and Vengeance - the model martel thinning up to almost like the mountie's hair ...didnt need to see that. no need for sgt slaughter and especically snuka to be there at vengeance.. where are the smackdown tagteams!? division gone again.  confused

for the past couple of in ring matches am i right in that Vince McMahon was wearing a top? hiding his physique tjat several months ago was on  the cover of muscle and  fitness.... wondering if he did a Chris Masters shrink down once off the 'roids.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10282 on: June 27, 2007, 07:35:26 PM »

Brets on Sportsnet right now talking about Benoit

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10283 on: June 27, 2007, 10:49:25 PM »

Brets on Sportsnet right now talking about Benoit

What did he say??
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #10284 on: June 28, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »

More reaction.

This time from RVD

Rob Van Dam from his official web site:

Well, there?s no need to wait until we have our heads wrapped around this, because I doubt that?ll happen, so here it is. I know that a monster committed those terrible, unforgivable acts of horror. Just like everyone who knew Chris Benoit, I can?t think of him as a monster. Not Chris.

Chris was truly a role model?s role model. You simply had to respect him and admire his focus and unmatched discipline. If I ever got asked a question about who I looked up to the most in the business, you guessed it. That?s me sharing a real feeling with you. Not talking about bull shit that I have little interest in, like who would I like most to wrestle with, or what?s my favorite color, but who I actually looked up to in the dressing room. It?s Chris Benoit- in the ring and in the dressing room and with his family.

The last time I talked to Chris, a few weeks ago, he told me how much he respected me for stepping away from the business. His message now comes to me from beyond. He said ?Some of us don?t know when to get out.? I told him that I always held a little contempt for him telling me back in 1992 that I was a dumb-ass for wanting to quit WCW, and mentioned the irony.

Over the last several years, on overseas tours I?d always see Chris in the gym when the other guys were recovering from the night before. He?d train hard and sometimes I?d see him allowing young wrestlers to follow his lead and get a guaranteed killer workout. He took pride in what he did and set a great example for others, myself included, to follow.

How many murderers?baby murderers at that? are praised so highly by EVERYONE who knew them? This is all so bizarre and new information seems to come out every few hours but I can?t imagine we?ll ever understand what happened here. It appears that Chris took the answers with him. To tell you the honest truth, the easiest thing for me to believe at this moment is that if no frame work was involved, he was taken over by demonic energies with no compassion. I have to believe this is often the case with such inhumane acts.

Nancy, Daniel and Chris? tragic deaths obviously have affected a lot of people. Just remember, there?s enough hate in this world. Hateful thoughts do not move us in the right direction, so make a conscious effort to remember that. It?s important now and always.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10285 on: June 28, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »

MATT HARDY Comments on the Benoit Tragedy

The following is from Matt Hardy's official MySpace page:

I haven't always agreed with every decision Vince McMahon has made, but I do agree with everything he's done dealing with this situation thus far. Out of respect for the sudden death of Benoit's family and his contributions to the business, I think Vince did the right thing by canceling the scheduled Raw. When the decision was made to make Raw a Chris Benoit tribute show, the WWE was only doing what seemed respectful and right at that time. When more information was discovered, the WWE took a different and appropriate stance towards their programming. The ECW and Smackdown shows this week were dedicated to our great fans. Wrestling fans who were grieving and confused over this tragedy needed us, including me, to entertain them. I feel it is my responsibility, as well as my pleasure, to put smiles on people's faces and give them an escape from reality. I know Vince feels that way as well.

Chris Benoit was always kind, considerate, and professional when I interacted with him. Like everyone else, I was shocked when everything came out. I can't believe Chris Benoit and his wife and child are dead as I type this. As of now, all of the strange pieces of this puzzle haven't been put together yet. My thoughts and prayers go out to Benoit's other two children as well as the immediate family and friends of the deceased. More than anything, I feel terrible for little Daniel--he was as innocent as any human being could possibly be. This is a terrible and sad tragedy.

I am very disappointed with how many media outlets are lapping the entire population of professional wrestlers into this situation. There are many outstanding, wonderful people that do so many great things for the world that I work and wrestle with. It's not fair or accurate.

Tell the people you love that you love them, and never lose sight of what's really important in life. We may not ever understand why this tragedy happened, but we have to learn from it. Stay strong--life is too precious and too short. I have much more I want to say about the activities of the last few days. If it's appropriate, I definitely will. Be well my friends, I'll talk to you soon...

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10286 on: June 28, 2007, 01:59:05 PM »

According to a new report by The Associated Press, Chris Benoit met with his personal physician the day he allegedly killed his wife Nancy and later son Daniel. Benoit was at Dr. Phil Astin's office on Friday and was described as not showing "any signs of any distress or rage or anything."

There are also some new developments in regards to the double murder-suicide that took place over the weekend. According to one report, Nancy Benoit reportedly met with Dr. Astin as well the day before her murder took place in order to gain information on treating her son Daniel. WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt is now confirming to the media that Daniel Benoit was suffering from Fragile X, which is an inherited mental impairment that causes autistic-like symptoms. The belief is that both Chris and Nancy were having problems coping with Daniel's symptoms, which may have ultimately led to the tragedy that took place.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1182989209.shtml

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10287 on: June 28, 2007, 04:47:38 PM »

Yeah but 7 years?

Personally I feel Chris snapped and killed his wife.

Then he sit around afterwards and was in shock that he killed his wife.

I guess he realized he was going to prison for the rest of his life and his son would be an orphan so he probably rationalized the best thing for all would be to just kill his son and himself that way they could all be together in the next life with no diseases, sickness or pain.

Thats the only theory at the moment I can think of that makes sense.

My other theory was that he flew into a rage and killed his wife.

When he calmed down he panicked and he thought maybe if he killed his son and quickly got a flight to the Vengeance PPV that maybe he co uld come home and act like someone must have broken in and killed them.

Then he tried to find a flight and everything was booked so he knew he was fucked and just took his own life.

I don't know, that is stretching it but I am only tryin to wrap my head around why he'd do th at.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10288 on: June 28, 2007, 05:12:55 PM »

I guess he realized he was going to prison for the rest of his life and his son would be an orphan so he probably rationalized the best thing for all would be to just kill his son and himself that way they could all be together in the next life with no diseases, sickness or pain.

Thats the only theory at the moment I can think of that makes sense.

D-man.. that don't make sense
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10289 on: June 28, 2007, 05:42:10 PM »

Nothing about this could ever make sense.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10290 on: June 28, 2007, 06:00:54 PM »

Nothing about this could ever make sense.

of course not.. killing your kid never makes sense.. but you know what i meant
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #10291 on: June 28, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »

wwe.com have Vince McMahon on america today, the whole interview, at one point it got quite heated with him and the presenter. It was very interesting to see him in 'real ceo' mode, all in all he handled it pretty well, as he has the netire scenario really.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10292 on: June 28, 2007, 07:02:21 PM »

Fox News is reporting that Chris Benoit's profile entry on the Wikipedia website was changed to note that he missed the WWE Vengeance pay-per-view, "due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy" 14 hours before the Benoit family was found dead.

The edit was made a minute past midnight Eastern Time. It was an anonymous edit from the IP address 69.120.111.23 using the Internet service provider Optimum Online. The IP was traced to a (so far) anonymous user originating in Stamford, CT, which of course is the headquarters of World Wrestling Entertainment. Then just one hour later after the first edit reversion, another anonymous edit by 125.63.148.173 using unwiredAustralia.com.au, a wireless Internet service provider, was made adding about the aforementioned personal issues: "which according to several pro wrestling websites is attributed to the passing of Benoit's wife, Nancy." That edit was reverted just under 20 minutes later, with the comment: "Saying 'several pro wrestling websites' is still not reliable information." Further investigation shows that the IP address used to make the first edit is located in Connecticut, but the IP address is not linked to any computers or servers used by the WWE. The second edit was made by a computer in Australia from a wireless network.

You can see the Wikipedia edit in question at en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Chris_Benoit&diff=140442953&oldid=140425583. If you have a Wikipedia account set to EST, it says "Revision as of 00:01, 25 June 2007".

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10293 on: June 28, 2007, 07:02:56 PM »

Fox 5 News out of Fayetteville, Georgia is reporting that the office of Chris Benoit?s personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin was raided by Drug Enforcement Agents last night confiscating computers.

According to an article on their web site Dr. Astin had prescribed testosterone to Chris in past and he had seen him on Friday.

Drug Agents told the news station that the investigation of Dr. Astin stems from the prescription drugs found in the Benoit home with Dr. Astin?s name printed on them.

We will certainly have more on this story as it unfolds.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #10294 on: June 28, 2007, 07:39:03 PM »

I read the wikipedia thing, that is bizzarre, one site says that Benoit may have done it himself! There is also a photo on the web of Benoit in his doctors office on the day of the first murder looking pretty cheerful. This whole thing is just strange and of course unfathomably tragic.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10295 on: June 28, 2007, 10:07:04 PM »

ATLANTA -- WSB-TV Channel 2 has obtained a photograph of a a smiling Chris Benoit at his doctor's office Friday afternoon just hours before he went home and killed his wife and son and then committed suicide.

The picture was snapped by a wrestling fan at Dr. Phil Astin's office in Carrollton.

Federal drug agents and sheriff's officials raided that office Wednesday night in search of records and other items in a warrant.

The fan who took the picture described Benoit as soft-spoken and "nice." He signed an autograph for the woman.

Agent Chuvalo Truesdell, a spokesman for the Drug Enforcement Administration in Atlanta, said Thursday that the raid at Astin's office in Carrollton began Wednesday night and concluded early Thursday morning.

Truesdell said a search warrant obtained by the Fayette County Sheriff's Department in connection with the Benoit investigation was executed there.

He said records and other items were being sought, but he said he could not immediately be more specific. Truesdell also was unable to say what was seized. No arrests were made.

Benoit had been under the care of Astin, a longtime friend, for treatment of low testosterone levels. Astin said yesterday the condition likely originated from previous steroid use.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit in the past but would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office on Friday.

Over the weekend, Benoit killed his wife and son and then killed himself at their home in Fayetteville.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the slayings. Some experts believe steroids cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10296 on: June 28, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »

According to the Nancy Grace show on CNN?s Headline News channel, Chris Benoit hung himself by setting off 240 lbs. on his weight machine.

In the room, an almost empty wine bottle was found (which confirms the People magazine report), and ten empty beer cans.

A statuette of Benoit was found near Daniel?s body.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10297 on: June 28, 2007, 10:46:24 PM »

This is all so wierd, I still dont know what to say or how to handle this. I just seen Raw from this week and I think they handled it properly, Either way you look at it, it was a lose of a superstar from there business, I think HHH has the best stuff to say, maybe JBL to...It was very good though

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10298 on: June 28, 2007, 11:06:46 PM »

This is still crazy.

No idea why he'd do that.

I honestly don't think he meant to kill his son but he may have flipped out on his wife, had a roid rage and killed her and then after he calmed down he realized what he had done and thought the only option was to kill his son and himself since he knew he would go to prison for life and his son would have no parents.

The timelines don't make sense.

If he had planned these murders, they all would've died around the same time relatively

The time line leads me to believe he lost his mine and killed his wife and panicked and thought specifically of what to do which makes it more disturbing.

I guess he didn't want his kid growing up without parents.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10299 on: June 29, 2007, 06:17:25 AM »

- Former wrestler Jon Stewart was interviewed earlier on CNN Headline news. He said he doesn?t know if the Benoit tragedy hurt the wrestling business, or even will be a speed bump for the industry. He said wrestling will be hit if advertisers decide against sponsoring wrestling shows.

- Stewart disagreed with Vince McMahon?s claim that Benoit?s actions weren?t from 'roid rage.' Stewart said, ?Killing your wife, smothering your child is not an act of rage??

- Stewart said ?roid rage? can last for 3 or 4 days, as he has experienced ?roid rages? himself.

www.gerweck.net

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: