Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827767 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10120 on: June 20, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »

U have to listen to what the fans want
Matt Hardy & CM Punk's pushes are definately fan influenced....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10121 on: June 20, 2007, 02:51:02 PM »

^
Yes but those pushes always have a ceiling.

Sure Hardy will win the US title, Punk could win the IC title but thats as far as their pushes will ever go and that sucks.

U actually think they will give Punk the ECW title? Would be great and that is possible but Matt Hardy will never be a world champ and that sucks cause he deserves a shot.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10122 on: June 20, 2007, 03:24:53 PM »

^
Yes but those pushes always have a ceiling.

Sure Hardy will win the US title, Punk could win the IC title but thats as far as their pushes will ever go and that sucks.

U actually think they will give Punk the ECW title? Would be great and that is possible but Matt Hardy will never be a world champ and that sucks cause he deserves a shot.
Dude, you never know, anything can truley happen in the WWE. If you would have told me in 2003, one of the guys from Three Minute Warning was going to go on and become a savage monster a few years later I would have laughed at you.

If you told me Snitsky was who was last saw as a toe sucking physco sucking mae youngs feet at Wrestlemania, was going to become a monster heel, and would eventually go on to get a major push. (his push will begin soon)

And that the boring and stale lashley would be pushed so god damn hard as a main event guy when he won the US Title off of JBL, simply because they didnt have a choice because JBL's back was broke and he was forced into retirement.

We can't expect anything like that. For all we know, Matt Hardy could be the WWE Champion by the end of the year, or hell we might even see Cena enter a first class bout against Khali sometime. hihi

We just have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:27:13 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10123 on: June 20, 2007, 04:02:28 PM »

^JBL is a perfect example of a sudden push. yes

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #10124 on: June 20, 2007, 04:46:43 PM »

I agree with pushing Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy as single competitors. Matt Hardy is definetly more worthy at this point. But I also believe the wwe is trying to resurrect the tag team division. And it appears their at least making progress at  doing it, at least in my eyes. And they need a solid tag team that gets huge pops to help solidify it on raw. And the hardy's are currently that tag team, as a little time goes on and they can push more tag teams, they will put them back into singles competition and hopefully Matt Hardy won't be given a shitty gimmick again as a singles competitor. I'll never like Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade as a tag team, just like i'll never like Lashley, Cena, Umaga, Johny Nitro, and a few others but its obvious wwe does like the rednecks and they will probably be the main heel tag team for awhile though I still believe WGTT should be the tag champs right now fueding with the hardy's.

I also think that Benoit vs. CM Punk for ecw title was a good choice. I don't like however the reports i'm reading that their gonna make ECW into a glorified training show for raw and smackdown. It should be the hardcore, kickass, holy shit chanting show. 

I think Benoit will most likely be the new champion as they'll want an established guy for these young guys on ecw to fued with so Benoit can put them over. Least thats what I would do.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10125 on: June 20, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »

My problem with WWE is, they don't listen to the fans anymore. They are held hostage by the all mighty dollar and their shareholders.

If the WWE of today was around 10 years ago, we never woud've got SCSA or The Rock.

The Rock was absolutely hated as a face but had they kept him a face and not let him turn, we never would've got what we ended up with.

same with Stone Cold.

U have to listen to what the fans want and stop worryin about who sells the most T Shirts or who looks the best on a poster.

i can see what your getting at but can you honestly say if you where in there position you would risk your lively hood on someone you didnt know would sell...i know personaly i wouldnt it only takes one little mistake to turn to a big mistake and then into a WcW mistake.

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10126 on: June 20, 2007, 06:53:01 PM »

I'm on this Matt Hardy bandwagon to.? He's in great form, they are pushing him well and he has now become one of those guys who's presence in a match generally guarantees it will be a good one.? The pops he gets are tremendous i don't know anyone who's been as buried as he was and still received the great pops off the crowd.? He has a theme by my fave band Monster Magnet to which is all good.? He is way better than Jeff, who is good in gimmick matches but outside of them is limited especially since his body seems fucked and even in gimmick matches he has a habit of blowing spots.? His Battle Royal performance was decent to it made him look like a bona fide star.? That's what i love about those kind of matches you don't have to win to look decent in it and it can get over 3-4 stars....

I had a feeling Monster Magnet was your favorite band......I saw your pics off Download on your myspace  Tongue

Did anyone see TNA's Slammiversary? it was utter shite. And if you've read the Impact spoilers you have to feel sorry for Jay Lethal and what a pointless match added to Victory Road

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10127 on: June 20, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »

Source - Rasslin Riot News

Criminal charges were officially brought against RAW color commentator Jerry ?The King? Lawler early this morning. Apparently last Friday at a Sam?s Town Memphis Pro Wrestling show Lawler punched ?The Big Cheese? Sal Corrente more than once and then yelled, ?You stupid mother f**ker, don't you ever hit a fan.?

Lawler had believed that Sal had punched a fan. Eyewitnesses reported that this did not actually happen; that Lawler was wrong.

A court date has been set for August 1, 2007, but only if papers are served to Lawler before that date. It is expected that Mississippi authorities will serve these papers at the July 20th show when Lawler is scheduled to wrestle next.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10128 on: June 20, 2007, 08:05:10 PM »

Did anyone see TNA's Slammiversary? it was utter shite
Caught the last 3 matches tonight.  Daniels vs Sting was boring and Tomko vs Abyss was the same boring hardcore match i've seen a load of times before and the spot with the cardboard boxes looked awful, it was so obvious Tomko had a soft landing.  Thankfully the Main Event was really good, i enjoyed it a lot, not surprising though since all 5 involved are top quality stars....
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10129 on: June 20, 2007, 08:06:38 PM »

yeah stoned i agrea with you there i wouldnt say it was bad but what i saw i liked part from cardboard box spot....and AJ and Cage did my be favourit double team spot

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10130 on: June 21, 2007, 09:38:17 PM »

Theyve got new I Did It Vince MCmahon t-shirts lol...wow

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #10131 on: June 21, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »

Theyve got new I Did It Vince MCmahon t-shirts lol...wow

I was wondering if they were gonna do that. Thats pretty damn funny.  rofl  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10132 on: June 21, 2007, 10:30:54 PM »

Don't believe it? Here's the text of the ad: On June 11, 2007, the unimaginable occurred when Vincent Kennedy McMahon's limo exploded as he left Raw?s McMahon Appreciation Night leaving the question: WHO DID IT? As we continue to mourn this sudden loss, suspicions are arising. Everyone knows Mr. McMahon had a multitude of enemies, maybe it was YOU! Declare yourself the presumed killer by owning the I DID IT T-shirt today! Black. 100% cotton. Screen-printed in the USA. Imported.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #10133 on: June 21, 2007, 10:47:55 PM »

Don't believe it? Here's the text of the ad: On June 11, 2007, the unimaginable occurred when Vincent Kennedy McMahon's limo exploded as he left Raw?s McMahon Appreciation Night leaving the question: WHO DID IT? As we continue to mourn this sudden loss, suspicions are arising. Everyone knows Mr. McMahon had a multitude of enemies, maybe it was YOU! Declare yourself the presumed killer by owning the I DID IT T-shirt today! Black. 100% cotton. Screen-printed in the USA. Imported.

I just really can't get over how funny that is.  rofl rofl God what will the wwe not do to make money. At least the wwe can always make one laugh.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10134 on: June 22, 2007, 06:43:26 AM »

I just really can't get over how funny that is.  rofl rofl God what will the wwe not do to make money. At least the wwe can always make one laugh.  smoking
I think this was the closest the WWE was going to do to drop the angle. They realised that they would get a lot of criticism by keeping it going, during the legit death od Sherri Martel, so instead of just dropping the angle entirely, they decided they should let fans see the funny side of it (and make more money of course) but by doing this is, they're actually making it worse. Now kids are going to think death is funny, thus they will likely recieve more criticism by the immature way they handle deaths, in the WWE, legit or not.

Just my two cents. ok

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10135 on: June 22, 2007, 12:10:56 PM »

i might actually buy that lol

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10136 on: June 22, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »

Source - PWInsider

Paul London has been telling his close friends that he was almost fired by WWE management last week after allowing the Ashley Massaro/Survivor information to get out.

Apparently Ashley vouched for Paul to management and claimed he would have never intentionally leaked the confidential information. Following that, Paul London had a huge smile on his face when all the WWE talent was present during Vince's final walk to his limousine. All of the WWE talent was told to treat the situation as serious and real, while London was doing anything but.

Vince was furious at London afterwards, just adding depth to the hole of heat London finds himself in.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10137 on: June 22, 2007, 12:48:35 PM »

That shirt reminds me of the shirt they put out for Owen Hart after he broke Austin's neck, something like "OWEN 613 I JUST BROKE YOUR NECK".

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10138 on: June 22, 2007, 12:51:45 PM »

lmao i love that shirt ok

any one else think that Shane or stephanie did it Shocked Lips Sealed confused

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #10139 on: June 22, 2007, 12:56:49 PM »

Source - PWInsider

Paul London has been telling his close friends that he was almost fired by WWE management last week after allowing the Ashley Massaro/Survivor information to get out.

Apparently Ashley vouched for Paul to management and claimed he would have never intentionally leaked the confidential information. Following that, Paul London had a huge smile on his face when all the WWE talent was present during Vince's final walk to his limousine. All of the WWE talent was told to treat the situation as serious and real, while London was doing anything but.

Vince was furious at London afterwards, just adding depth to the hole of heat London finds himself in.

London's gona randomly SSP some time just for kicks

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: