Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826570 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9980 on: June 06, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »

Yeah 500 pages, wish I was around longer though.  Cry

Still, whilst I was looking at the very 1st page of the thread today, where the topic dates back to Survivor Series 2002, I came across this and gave me a cheap laugh.

I missed it and i'm pissed.

I hate the fact HBK has the title.... he so does not deserve it

Even back then, Gnrfan was a HBK hater. rofl

500 pages on and nobodies convinced the bastard yet to join the HBK club!! hihi

To this thread! beer

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #9981 on: June 06, 2007, 10:26:47 AM »

500 pages. Amazing. I may not have much input anymore but i would like to extend a thanks to all those who have contributed to this amazing behemoth of a thread!
It took us like 350 to get it stickied. But it eventually happened. Proving that men dressed in lycra who oil themselves up is quite an attraction after all. ( Stoned loves it for different reasons than everyone else.)

Heres to the next 500.

I wonder if Cena will still be champ in 500 pages time?

Or will it be CM punk?

Or will WWE still be going?

Well done ladies and gentleman and thanks once again. Oh and Borat, thanks for the heads up.

UFC,UFC,UFC.

Ooops!  smoking
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9982 on: June 06, 2007, 11:30:09 AM »

He also said that when he wrote See No Evil, Vince McMahon suggested a scene where Kane would masturbate on-screen and show that he has a 36-inch penis.

3 feet?? Shocked

Also, Stephanie loved the idea of her being exorcized on PPV??

Edit: Is this the biggest thread on the board now?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9983 on: June 06, 2007, 12:33:29 PM »

im pretty sure its the biggest thread on the forum.

Congrats to everyone who made it what it is today  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9984 on: June 06, 2007, 01:08:35 PM »

should i be ashamed that i've never been apart of this thread yet Embarrassed

and second they say that HBK and RVD are both out of it indeffinatly but do you think thats true or are they just building it up so when they return (a long time from now) it has more impact?

i really hope they both return, it'd be a damn shame if that fuck off ortan made them retire Cry

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9985 on: June 06, 2007, 01:10:51 PM »

^I hear they are hoping HBK to be back around Survivor Series.

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9986 on: June 06, 2007, 01:42:53 PM »

should i be ashamed that i've never been apart of this thread yet Embarrassed

and second they say that HBK and RVD are both out of it indeffinatly but do you think thats true or are they just building it up so when they return (a long time from now) it has more impact?

i really hope they both return, it'd be a damn shame if that fuck off ortan made them retire Cry
^I hear they are hoping HBK to be back around Survivor Series.

HBK will be back. He has 3 years left, on his active wrestling contract and sources say he's planning on finishing it.

As for RVD, it's not likely as ONS was likely his last match with the WWE (for the time being) so he's more than likely heading to TNA after spending some time resting at home.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9987 on: June 06, 2007, 02:36:08 PM »

thats good i'll settel for that but i wanna see ortan get the fuck beet outa him by RVD just like in the old days of ECW when a chair was his best friend and barbed wire would be used frequently.

aawhhhhh the good ol' days smoking

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9988 on: June 06, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »

thats good i'll settel for that but i wanna see ortan get the fuck beet outa him by RVD just like in the old days of ECW when a chair was his best friend and barbed wire would be used frequently.

Can't see that happening.
Remember, it's not ECW anymore. It's WWECW. Roll Eyes

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9989 on: June 06, 2007, 04:04:14 PM »

Or will WWE still be going?

How Ironic is it that on the very first page of this thread you asked the exact same question! - 'It all begins again'

May I also bring everyones attention that not only are we celebrating our 500th page but someone is about to post the 10,000th reply! The milestones keep coming!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9990 on: June 06, 2007, 07:36:59 PM »

As for RVD, it's not likely as ONS was likely his last match with the WWE (for the time being) so he's more than likely heading to TNA after spending some time resting at home.

nope, he is leaving on good terms with WWE and he feels he has enough money inwhich he could retire. He plans to make appearances on WWE after a year or two off the road

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9991 on: June 06, 2007, 07:37:59 PM »

WWE? TO HOLD HISTORIC DRAFT

Celebrity Appearances Lined Up for Special Three-Hour RAW? on June 11

STAMFORD, Conn., June 6, 2007 ? With the official 2007 draft season underway, World Wrestling Entertainment? is ready to shake the foundations of the sports entertainment world when it holds its own WWE talent draft on a special three-hour edition of Monday Night RAW (USA, 8 p.m. ET/7C) on June 11. The live broadcast will be accompanied by a special Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night with television appearances by Steve-O from JACKASS, Jesse Ventura, Gene Okerlund, Bobby Heenan and Mick Foley, among several other notables.

WOO! Jesse Ventura

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9992 on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »

lol how true. Why did McMahn simmer down ECW? its more or like Sunday night heat but only on tuesday Tongue

and does anyone know when HHH will be back Huh

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9993 on: June 06, 2007, 08:52:04 PM »

lol how true. Why did McMahn simmer down ECW? its more or like Sunday night heat but only on tuesday Tongue

he'll be back around August, in time for Summerslam

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9994 on: June 07, 2007, 09:51:48 AM »

nope, he is leaving on good terms with WWE and he feels he has enough money inwhich he could retire. He plans to make appearances on WWE after a year or two off the road
Yeah, but you never know. He could always change his mind. The offer, and the conveince for tapings at Universal Studios would be tempting.

And I know RVD is originally from Battle Creek, but doesn't he currently reside in Florida?

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9995 on: June 07, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »

#10000!? drool? beer

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9996 on: June 07, 2007, 11:41:32 AM »

#10000!  drool  beer

woo! 10,000th reply  Cheesy

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9997 on: June 07, 2007, 11:56:12 AM »

According to a report by The Pro Wrestling Torch, WWE began implenting a new practice in mid-May of not informing referees ahead of time the finishes for the matches they were involved with. This was first reported a few weeks ago by various wrestling websites, but more details have become available about the situation.

Based on what is known, all matches before intermission at WWE House Shows will indefinitely take place without the referee knowing the finish. It's being looked at as an experiment and exercise within the company in front of generally smaller crowds. Some sources within WWE have suggested that this idea was influenced by wrestling newsletters such as The Torch suggesting that more realism could be brought back to wrestling by doing this given the huge popularity of MMA, mainly UFC recently.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1181168691.shtml

Wonder if they'll stick with this.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9998 on: June 07, 2007, 12:13:43 PM »

I dont understand the point of it?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9999 on: June 07, 2007, 12:27:36 PM »

I dont understand the point of it?
They want the matches to appear more realistic, so...

By the referee not knowing the outcome they will do more realistic counts rather than hanging on and their arm not coming down for a three count, it forces the wrestler to properly shift their shoulder off the mat it motivates the wrestlers in a sense to work harder, for instance when a ref is "distracted" the cheating/rule breaking needs to occur before the referee turns back round otherwise, not knowing the outcome he'll assume it's a DQ and disqualify them so if forces more realistic cheating to, i can see their being a big mistake made down the line though, this has disaster written all over it...
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: