Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:19:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826335 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9920 on: May 28, 2007, 10:00:02 AM »

Londrick is the best thing thats ever happened to the Smackdown tag division.
In the past couple of years...yes, in the division's entire existence, i would disagree.

When the division was first created and they had the tournament for the belts it was fantastic viewing.? The 3 Way between Los Guerrero's, Angle/Benoit & Edge/Mysterio at Survivor Series 2002 was great these teams had some great battles, and then when The World's Greatest Tag Team joined the division things were real strong.? There was a lull for a fair bit then you got MNM who i believe were excellent i still think they are the best team to come along in the last 5 years.? They had the gimmick, the personality and the in-ring skills (well Mercury had enough to carry both), Londrick are damn good but lacking on the personality front.? It was good to see the 3-way scrap between the teams last week, and with the stuff on RAW it seems like they are focusing on the tag division again.? Regal & Taylor are great wrestlers and i would like to see them have a reign down the line.? Deuce N' Domino have the gimmick and personality but are really lacking in the ring, Domino's last singles match had so many blown spots (and on Smackdown which is edited) it was embarrasing.? Still it would be good for them to have their belts for another month or so i am not a fan of short title reigns....

I would agree with you about those teams in the last five years being great, but I tend to disagree with some of your accusations.

but Taylor on the other hand is very boring, and as stale as expired bread. He is very boring and forgetable. It takes the two members of a tag team to make it great, such as the teams you mentioned from the 2002 era.

But thats classic heel wrestling. Stale and boring make you hate him. he is from old school and thats how he gets his heat.

The tag division is aweful compared to how it used to be.

Wrestlers like Kenny and Masters should be thrown in a tag team. and if they have nothing for Nitro they should have an angle where they audition for a new member of MNM, that would rock

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9921 on: May 28, 2007, 10:07:20 AM »

In the past couple of years...yes, in the division's entire existence, i would disagree.

When the division was first created and they had the tournament for the belts it was fantastic viewing.  The 3 Way between Los Guerrero's, Angle/Benoit & Edge/Mysterio at Survivor Series 2002 was great these teams had some great battles, and then when The World's Greatest Tag Team joined the division things were real strong.  There was a lull for a fair bit then you got MNM who i believe were excellent i still think they are the best team to come along in the last 5 years.  They had the gimmick, the personality and the in-ring skills (well Mercury had enough to carry both), Londrick are damn good but lacking on the personality front.  It was good to see the 3-way scrap between the teams last week, and with the stuff on RAW it seems like they are focusing on the tag division again.  Regal & Taylor are great wrestlers and i would like to see them have a reign down the line.  Deuce N' Domino have the gimmick and personality but are really lacking in the ring, Domino's last singles match had so many blown spots (and on Smackdown which is edited) it was embarrasing.  Still it would be good for them to have their belts for another month or so i am not a fan of short title reigns....

I would agree with you about those teams in the last five years being great, but I tend to disagree with some of your accusations.

but Taylor on the other hand is very boring, and as stale as expired bread. He is very boring and forgetable. It takes the two members of a tag team to make it great, such as the teams you mentioned from the 2002 era.

But thats classic heel wrestling. Stale and boring make you hate him. he is from old school and thats how he gets his heat.

Wrestlers like Kenny and Masters should be thrown in a tag team. and if they have nothing for Nitro they should have an angle where they audition for a new member of MNM, that would rock

Yeah, but are they still gonna keep Melina and Nitro together? When was the last time we saw them together? After they had an arguement backstage. I'm very confused.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9922 on: May 28, 2007, 11:15:48 AM »

When the division was first created and they had the tournament for the belts it was fantastic viewing.? The 3 Way between Los Guerrero's, Angle/Benoit & Edge/Mysterio at Survivor Series 2002 was great these teams had some great battles, and then when The World's Greatest Tag Team joined the division things were real strong.? There was a lull for a fair bit then you got MNM who i believe were excellent i still think they are the best team to come along in the last 5 years.? They had the gimmick, the personality and the in-ring skills (well Mercury had enough to carry both), Londrick are damn good but lacking on the personality front.? It was good to see the 3-way scrap between the teams last week, and with the stuff on RAW it seems like they are focusing on the tag division again.? Regal & Taylor are great wrestlers and i would like to see them have a reign down the line.? Deuce N' Domino have the gimmick and personality but are really lacking in the ring, Domino's last singles match had so many blown spots (and on Smackdown which is edited) it was embarrasing.? Still it would be good for them to have their belts for another month or so i am not a fan of short title reigns....

Yeah, but are they still gonna keep Melina and Nitro together? When was the last time we saw them together? After they had an arguement backstage. I'm very confused.
I would say they have been quietly split.

Seems they are pairing up Kenny & Nitro, with a proper gimmick that team has so much potential, they really do seem to be trying with the tag division again giving it plenty of tv time, having the Hardyz back together is great.  As an established team that is way over it gives the division some much needed credibility, they have been giving Cade & Murdoch personality and as of last week they seem to be trying to add TWGTT and Kenny/Nitro into the mix.

Then on Heat you have your comedy jobber teams Cryme Tyme, Highlanders, Duggan/Eugene, they maybe be a bit ropey but at least it gives the division some depth, some people are too quick to jump all over it.  The division is getting more attention than it has in years and has more teams than it has had for years, hopefully they won't screw it up this time.....

....me thinks somebody's pick-em up truck has got lost hihi
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9923 on: May 28, 2007, 11:26:49 AM »

....me thinks somebody's pick-em up truck has got lost hihi

I know and I've only got one trade left.  rant

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9924 on: May 28, 2007, 01:23:25 PM »

Possible Call-up soon judging by house show:

Cody Runnels (Introduced as Cody Rhodes) vs Elijah Burke: Burke took the mic,
telling us that he can't stand Barrie, Ontario, and that he was going to treat Cody
just like the rest of us..like pieces of crap to flush... Which all means that the
crowd popped HUGE when Cody PINNED Burke in the centre of the ring!!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9925 on: May 28, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »

LOTS of Spoilers regarding trades:

the draft lottery will be making its return on RAW in two weeks. There has been a lot of internal talk about moving Benoit to either RAW or ECW. Regal has been making a push for his move to RAW, as he wants to move away from tag team action. Mr. Kennedy was also rumored to make a move to RAW, but is doubtful. He is expected to feud with Edge upon his return. Another name expected to move to RAW is King Booker.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9926 on: May 28, 2007, 01:48:45 PM »

I meant to say this earlier, but forgot. As mentioned above, Regal may be going to Raw which means one less team on Smackdown.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9927 on: May 28, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »

I don't think every team needs to look exactly the same. A few successful teams have gone out not dressed the same.

Agreed.? ok
A prime example for this is Undertaker and Kane. Their attires looked nothing like the other. There are many more of course, it's just these were the first two that came to mind.
New Age Outlaws
Owen Hart & British Bulldog
Edge & Christian

3 great teams, all with different attire...

those 3 teams had a purpose to be together tho E&C where brothers...where similar in that they both had blond hair and at one point where gothic kids who dressed gothic, and at other points where the cool kids not needing to dress the same.

hart and bulldog where together for the fact of owens sister.

new age outlaws both where part of a stable when there carriers where high with DX thus assosiating them with each other as they had tv time

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9928 on: May 28, 2007, 06:39:45 PM »

If you haven?t noticed recently, WWE has banned the shooting star press and the 450 press. Paul London did a shooting star plancha at a recent show and was told by McMahon if he tried it again, he would fire him on the spot.

and:

Last week during an interview with SkySports WWE World Champion Edge said he would have liked to have been a leader of a stable. He said that he would have liked to of had Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch under him. With his move to SmackDown, it doesn?t appear this will be happening anytime soon.

man that would have kicked serious ass!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:42:41 PM by slash666 » Logged

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9929 on: May 28, 2007, 11:16:10 PM »

ive gotta say One Night Stand is looking pretty decent at the minute

Cena vs Khali - Boring as always

Lashley vs Vince - should be fun, Lashley seems to have improved loads in the past year or so

Edge vs Batista - abit iffy about this one, Edge has the potential to make it good

Hardyz vs WGTT in a Ladder match - the icing on the cake, the match im most looking forward to

RVD vs Snitsky (rumoured) - RVD's suppossed last match so you never know what could happen, should be a decent squash match

im hoping for CM Punk vs Burke or Cor Von in a Extreme Rules Match

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9930 on: May 29, 2007, 09:03:46 AM »

wwe will be terrifide about RVD on the show....they wont let him anywhere neer a mic and i wouldnt be suprised if his match wasnt shown with a delay a mean ya never know when he might forget how to say ROB (thumb) Van (thumb) Dam(thumb) and he ends up saying TNA.

am expecting Hardyz V WGTT to become a 4 team match....if it stays as 2 teams i will love it tho *cough* add londrick! but meh itl end up Hardyz V WGTT V Cade And Merdoc V Kenny And Nitro

Punk V Cat from Red Dwarf should be good tho...just let Punk do a promo

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #9931 on: May 29, 2007, 09:13:17 AM »

Punk V Cat from Red Dwarf should be good tho...just let Punk do a promo

You what?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9932 on: May 29, 2007, 09:23:49 AM »

Apparently, there will be a Pudding Match between Melina and Candice Michelle at ONS.

Yes, a Pudding Match.

BTW, if all the matches are Extreme Rules, how come all the matches announced so far have another stipulation which involves no DQs anyway (Cage, Ladder etc.)?

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9933 on: May 29, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »

If you haven?t noticed recently, WWE has banned the shooting star press and the 450 press. Paul London did a shooting star plancha at a recent show and was told by McMahon if he tried it again, he would fire him on the spot.

and:

Last week during an interview with SkySports WWE World Champion Edge said he would have liked to have been a leader of a stable. He said that he would have liked to of had Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch under him. With his move to SmackDown, it doesn?t appear this will be happening anytime soon.

man that would have kicked serious ass!

Move them over in the draft!!

That's a hatrick for Doull
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9934 on: May 29, 2007, 10:33:06 AM »

something great happened when Raw went off-screen:

- Post Raw, Cena and Lashly stand in the middle of the ring and stair each other down. Cena pokes lashly, but cooler heads prevail and they shake hands... But...

- Lashley turns on Cena, punches him out, and gives him the dominator to a big pop and celebrates with the WWE title like he is going to go for it next ... Cena gets up to a chores of boos, walks around the ring with hands on hips circa hogan with hand to ear and gets booed loudly for about 5 minutes before his music plays and he goes up the ramp to boos. He stays there and pretends to about hold the title up in the air like he always does but chooses not too, gets booed.

p.s, you gotta love this gif -
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:02:06 PM by slash666 » Logged

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9935 on: May 29, 2007, 12:38:27 PM »

Best. RKO. Ever.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9936 on: May 29, 2007, 12:56:43 PM »

Best. RKO. Ever.

agreed!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9937 on: May 29, 2007, 02:15:26 PM »

something great happened when Raw went off-screen:

- Post Raw, Cena and Lashly stand in the middle of the ring and stair each other down. Cena pokes lashly, but cooler heads prevail and they shake hands... But...

- Lashley turns on Cena, punches him out, and gives him the dominator to a big pop and celebrates with the WWE title like he is going to go for it next ... Cena gets up to a chores of boos, walks around the ring with hands on hips circa hogan with hand to ear and gets booed loudly for about 5 minutes before his music plays and he goes up the ramp to boos. He stays there and pretends to about hold the title up in the air like he always does but chooses not too, gets booed.

Yeah, it is cool, but Stoned posted it here before. yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9938 on: May 29, 2007, 02:32:36 PM »

Yeah, it is cool, but Stoned posted it here before. yes
Yeah that was like soooo March 2007, get with the times Tongue
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9939 on: May 29, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »

I know people are on different subjects. But i plead with you guys to watch this video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvgHCtjXbAI

Let it load and fast forward 3 minutes and just watch the biggest mess up of an entrance ever.

if you have 5 mins watch it all. classic old school Flair and Sting

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: