Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826011 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9900 on: May 23, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »

Makes SD look shitty having HBK g et a clean win and then Edge beats Batista clean and is the SD champ.

Khali tapping to the STFU was fuckin Dumb.

HBK stayed in that god damn move for 10 minutes.

Khali is literally 6 inches from the rope and he cant scoot over 2 inches to reach the rope?

TNA don't have brilliant psychology but at least its entertaining.

WWE PPV's guarantee u one thing

The Same Old Shit over and over and over and over.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9901 on: May 24, 2007, 09:20:53 AM »

WWE PPV's are always better than TNA's cause they never let storylines generate long enough and have pointless feuds in TNA

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9902 on: May 24, 2007, 01:13:26 PM »

I wonder what the crowd reaction would have been like had they held One Night Stand in the Hammerstein Ballroom again....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9903 on: May 25, 2007, 06:22:26 PM »

im so happy that Chuck is back  Grin

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9904 on: May 26, 2007, 12:43:44 PM »

im so happy that Chuck is back? Grin

In a non-gay way i'm sure.  ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9905 on: May 26, 2007, 01:26:42 PM »

im so happy that Chuck is back? Grin

In a non-gay way i'm sure.? ok

of course  Tongue

little interesting tadbit:

John Cena made a rare indy appearance last night with Chaotic Wrestling. Here is a fan account of Cena?s appearance: In the Main Event, Cena got hit over the head by the Chaotic Champ's belt and was out cold on the mat. While Cena was out, none one other than Vincent Kennedy McMahon came to the ring and helped the heel champ beat down the challenger. Cena finally came to, got up and FU'd Vince and then the Chaotic Champ. The place was going bonkers and it was almost 11 PM and we had been there since 3 PM. Vince slipped out the back door and Cena DQ'd the champ.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9906 on: May 27, 2007, 12:14:33 PM »

From WWE.com:

On SmackDown Friday night, Deuce & Domino will defend their titles in a Triple Threat Match against Paul London & Brian Kendrick and the dangerous duo of William Regal & Dave Taylor. The boys from the Other Side of the Tracks hope to keep their reign as champions, but with London & Kendrick poised to regain their gold and Regal & Taylor hungry for their own taste of championship gold, can Deuce & Domino keep their titles?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9907 on: May 27, 2007, 02:53:06 PM »

NO!...just aslong as duece and domino  dont retain al be happy

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9908 on: May 27, 2007, 03:06:10 PM »

Londrick is the best thing thats ever happened to the Smackdown tag division.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9909 on: May 27, 2007, 03:33:21 PM »

In the past couple of years...yes, in the division's entire existence, i would disagree.

When the division was first created and they had the tournament for the belts it was fantastic viewing.  The 3 Way between Los Guerrero's, Angle/Benoit & Edge/Mysterio at Survivor Series 2002 was great these teams had some great battles, and then when The World's Greatest Tag Team joined the division things were real strong.  There was a lull for a fair bit then you got MNM who i believe were excellent i still think they are the best team to come along in the last 5 years.  They had the gimmick, the personality and the in-ring skills (well Mercury had enough to carry both), Londrick are damn good but lacking on the personality front.  It was good to see the 3-way scrap between the teams last week, and with the stuff on RAW it seems like they are focusing on the tag division again.  Regal & Taylor are great wrestlers and i would like to see them have a reign down the line.  Deuce N' Domino have the gimmick and personality but are really lacking in the ring, Domino's last singles match had so many blown spots (and on Smackdown which is edited) it was embarrasing.  Still it would be good for them to have their belts for another month or so i am not a fan of short title reigns....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9910 on: May 27, 2007, 04:13:45 PM »

In the past couple of years...yes, in the division's entire existence, i would disagree.

When the division was first created and they had the tournament for the belts it was fantastic viewing.  The 3 Way between Los Guerrero's, Angle/Benoit & Edge/Mysterio at Survivor Series 2002 was great these teams had some great battles, and then when The World's Greatest Tag Team joined the division things were real strong.  There was a lull for a fair bit then you got MNM who i believe were excellent i still think they are the best team to come along in the last 5 years.  They had the gimmick, the personality and the in-ring skills (well Mercury had enough to carry both), Londrick are damn good but lacking on the personality front.  It was good to see the 3-way scrap between the teams last week, and with the stuff on RAW it seems like they are focusing on the tag division again.  Regal & Taylor are great wrestlers and i would like to see them have a reign down the line.  Deuce N' Domino have the gimmick and personality but are really lacking in the ring, Domino's last singles match had so many blown spots (and on Smackdown which is edited) it was embarrasing.  Still it would be good for them to have their belts for another month or so i am not a fan of short title reigns....

I would agree with you about those teams in the last five years being great, but I tend to disagree with some of your accusations.

IMO Regal and Taylor are anything but "damn good wrestlers." Granted with the proper opponent, Regal, can have some damn fine matches, (see Regal vs, Benoit, Finlay etc) but Taylor on the other hand is very boring, and as stale as expired bread. He is very boring and forgetable. It takes the two members of a tag team to make it great, such as the teams you mentioned from the 2002 era.

Deuce And Domino aren't great. If they got their gimmick more over it would probably help. But slowly and surely, they certainly are getting there. I suggest losing Cherry. Takes away from the seriousness of the team with a female manager who's trademark entrance is in rollerblades and is the brother of one guy and the girlfriend of the other.

As for the Raw Side:

Benjamin and Hass = wasted talent. They have the abilty to be as good as if not better (because of their weight and height) as Londrick. Benjamin is amazing, at the best of times, and Haas isnt a stranger to tag teams either. With his technical moves, and Benjamins high spots, they could easily be pushed as their moniker says as one of "The Worlds Greatest Tag Team."(s)

And as for Cade and Murdoch, they have already established themselves as one of Raws top tag teams. Although I love the Hardyz, C & M are very fresh and innovative. The Hardyz stick to their high spot gallore every night. It's time to give Cade and Murdoch the belts, and split the Hardys. Jeff needs to get back in the I.C title hunt and Matt Hardy needs to be pushed to main event status on Smackdown, and with their star power lacking, (to steal a line from Cena) "The Time Is Now." The fans are behind him, he's proven himself to be a decent solo performer, and although his mic stills aren't great, there not horrendus like one certain Lashley, who is as boring and repetitive as Adam West. hihi (sorry couldn't think of a better one) But all jokes aside, if the WWE ever wants to make something of the performers they already have then they need to learn to take chances.

Proper ones, I might add.  ok

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 04:20:00 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9911 on: May 27, 2007, 04:52:07 PM »

It looks like WWE will be shaking the rosters of the three brands up.

The TV schedule on USANetwork.com is advertising the June 11th edition of Raw as "RAW PRESENTS: THE WWE DRAFT SPECIAL." The show will be three hours long as it will start at 8:00 p.m. WWE cancelled a SmackDown/ECW house show in Ocean City, Maryland that was scheduled for that night because they needed talent from all three brands present at Raw on the same night.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9912 on: May 27, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »

Regal & Taylor are amazing talents regal has amazing mic skills but is not givin the time...why havent they been fed into the "where from the UK where better then you and where posh" storyline properly i will never know. give regal time to talk and both him and taylor in the ring will show you what a real heel team are. however they need to dress the same!

deuce and dommino are awful in the ring...they have a gimmick that doesnt get over cos i have no idea what there gimmick is...erm "where from the other side of the tracks and have watched greace way to many times" and that is suposed to make me wanna hate you because?!?!?! only thing a like about them is they look like a team

londrick have amazing talent, amazing ability and such forth and there gimmick at the moment is kinda that "WHERE CRAZYYYYYYYY!" but vince mcmahon wont let us do anything crazy cos there stupid thus making us look like random wrestlers who do a backflip in a mask. but they look like a team

cade and merdoc are in my opinions a jobber team, they look ok in matchs but dont look like a team there gimmick is there red necks but atleast where the same colour tights

the hardyzare past there prime, matt can still pull it off but they realy need to start wearing the same type of gear again if they want to appear asa team and not 2 singles wrestlers pushed together at the last moment

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9913 on: May 27, 2007, 05:54:31 PM »

I don't think every team needs to look exactly the same. A few successful teams have gone out not dressed the same.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9914 on: May 27, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »

I don't think every team needs to look exactly the same. A few successful teams have gone out not dressed the same.

Agreed.  ok
A prime example for this is Undertaker and Kane. Their attires looked nothing like the other. There are many more of course, it's just these were the first two that came to mind.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9915 on: May 27, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »

Agreed.? ok
A prime example for this is Undertaker and Kane. Their attires looked nothing like the other. There are many more of course, it's just these were the first two that came to mind.
New Age Outlaws
Owen Hart & British Bulldog
Edge & Christian

3 great teams, all with different attire...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9916 on: May 27, 2007, 07:16:46 PM »

Agreed.? ok
New Age Outlaws
Edge & Christian

Kane & X-Pac, how different can you get

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9917 on: May 27, 2007, 07:21:22 PM »

Agreed.? ok
New Age Outlaws
Edge & Christian

Yeah but we are talking about great things, you never heard of "X-Pac Heat"? It's down there with the "Conway Pop" Tongue
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9918 on: May 27, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »

mnm, steiners, lod, wild somoans, british bulldogs, hart foundation ... tag teams must look alike to be elite:hihi:
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9919 on: May 28, 2007, 07:02:22 AM »

Agreed.  ok
New Age Outlaws
Edge & Christian

Yeah but we are talking about great things, you never heard of "X-Pac Heat"? It's down there with the "Conway Pop" Tongue

Lets not forget the Smackdown rendidtion of that, famously dubbed; "The Haas Pop." hihi

Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: