Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826030 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9880 on: May 21, 2007, 05:43:28 AM »

incase your wonderingwhat happened to Kane yesterday:

Dark Match
Kane def. William Regal w/ Dave Taylor via chokeslam.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #9881 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:08 AM »

Beth was great in-ring.
I am sad to see her go..
I'm not in charge, tho....

As far as Michaels,
Historical rep aside,
BUSTS HIS ASS in there.

Always does his best
To sell for his opponent
And make him look great.

And when it comes to
Working through bad injuries,
No one else comes close.

He's an all-time great
Both in terms of in-ring work
And dedication.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9882 on: May 21, 2007, 10:42:56 AM »

Cena over came the odds... again.? Roll Eyes
You wanted Khali to win? nervous nervous

I enjoyed the show, there were some poor moments but the booking was smart and i liked it for the most part.

To kick things off we got Carlito vs Ric Flair, now as most know i am always calling for Flair to retire but he had a good match here, they gave it plenty of time and it developed well. ?I love it when they use the old school style of working over a body part, bringing in some intelligence to proceedings, Carlito working over Flair's arm was cool, having a clean finish was a surprise but a pleasant change and i am sure this feud will continue and this was a good way to generate interest in it. ?The commentating was way off for this match though "Carlito is showing Flair a lack of disrespect"...er RESPECT, JR Wink "Carlito's going for the backstabber"....JR commented on the "Appropriate" name change from backcracker (I.e. he covered King's ass...)

Nice little injury angle backstage with HBK, builds up heat for Orton....

I have heard many complaining about how the ECW match was too short. ?Hey, look out of all the matches on the card the quality potential was limited from a wrestling perspective and shortening this gave others (Punk/Burke) plenty of time, if it had of been given plenty of time they would of been complaining about crap like this eating into the other guys time. ?This was smartly booked, they made Lashley look great, Shane did the jobber, Vince got more heel time and set up a match in 2 weeks, which will be Extreme Rules so it means a lovely Vince blade job complete with satanic look, everyone was protected in this match and Lashley looked strong winning so quickly and everyone knows the money for faces is in the chase, Lashley is way more over without the belt...

Burke vs Punk stole that whole damn show, it was great. ?It started off slowly, which got ignorant boring chants from many fans and they got distracted by JBL for some reason. ?It built into a wonderful match with so many close finishers, we saw a beautiful Elijah Express in the corner and many classy spots (Elijah Experience, repeated attempts to nail the GTS), these guys showed they really are the future and it was nice to see another match with zero interference.

The Tag Title bout was good but in many ways seemed like a rehash of last months battle, not much has changed, it was solid though and it was good to see the angle continue, it's interesting to see where they are taking this....

Orton vs Michaels was HILARIOUS. ?HBK's impression of someone fighting with a concussion, priceless, the entire crowd burst out laughing when he went for Sweet Chin Music, seemingly wobbled about a bit then just fell over, they sold the injury well at the end and made Orton look like a total bastard, he needs to sort himself out because with more performances like this, if he stays on the straight and narrow he should get that Main Event push.

The World Title bout was a bit short and boring, problem being there was little build-up and nobody really cared, still since it was a Batista match i'm glad they gave the more deserving ones more time.

The US Title bout was decent. ?I know it would of been cool if it had gone that bit longer with Benoit getting a fall but it was nice to have a twist. ?So often people always expect the match to go the full 3, and this did not harm Benoit he's already beaten the guy twice cleanly, it balanced things out and solidfied MVP as a top player who is BALLIN'! ?They used intelligent finishes as well, having MVP target Benoit's leg and work away on it causing Benoit to slip allowing MVP to hit The Playmaker and also working away on it to get the Inside Cradle for the finish.

What can you say about the Main Event eh? ?You knew it would not be a classic, considering who was involved that was near impossible, it was alright and thankfully kept fairly short for obvious reasons, nice finish to, Khali's hardly the future he is best used as a sacrificial lamb to put Cena over, still i was surprised (pleasantly) that they had him tap, i'm guessing they did that since Cena could never nail an FU on him since as i said previously i don't think the big dude can take any real bumps...

All in all, i liked the show, especially for a Non Big One.

B+

Cheesy
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9883 on: May 21, 2007, 02:08:17 PM »

With his current run with the WWE Heavyweight Title, John Cena has now passed Bret Hart for the 6th longest WWE Champion of all time. Cena, who just recently turned 30 years old, is way ahead of Hart who didn?t even get his first reign as Champ until the age of 35. The only people that have held the strap longer than Cena are Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, Pedro Morales, and Bob Backlund.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9884 on: May 21, 2007, 02:17:53 PM »

WWE quietly released Beth Phoenix from her contract early last week. She was told that creative had nothing for her.

Behind the scenes, Stephanie McMahon, was never a fan of her. She felt as though that she didn't have the "WWE Diva look" due to her inherit bulkiness.

Damn you stephanie! This really helps the crappy womens divison doesnt it!? Angry

it turns out she isn't released, she said shes still under contract on her myspace tpday, praise the lord  Cheesy

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9885 on: May 21, 2007, 02:57:26 PM »

With his current run with the WWE Heavyweight Title, John Cena has now passed Bret Hart for the 6th longest WWE Champion of all time. Cena, who just recently turned 30 years old, is way ahead of Hart who didn?t even get his first reign as Champ until the age of 35. The only people that have held the strap longer than Cena are Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, Pedro Morales, and Bob Backlund.

The difference is that when HHH had his stupidly long run there was big stars around him. Cena is really the only option aside from Edge.

Personally take the wrestler out of the situation. . . i like long title runs. I hate it when there are 5 or different champs a year. And its worse now there are 3 titles. so although Cena isn't the best world champ i like that he has dominated the scene.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9886 on: May 21, 2007, 03:38:18 PM »

just came across these recent pictures of Brock Lesnar in 2007, man has he changed. He looks alot younger now

His first MMA fight is in a week on saturday.

in other news Matt Hardy was seen holding a TNA X-Division Belt

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9887 on: May 21, 2007, 11:20:10 PM »

Judgement Day was one of the worst,dumbest WWE PPV's I have ever seen.

First, why all the fucking injury angles?

Jesus Christ HBK, Benoit, Batista ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!

HBK's injury angle was one of the dumbest fucking things I have ever seen also.

One RKO after a backstage beatdown and his wife comes in crying and he is stretchered out? The guy who had all those iron man matches and hardcore matches and ladder matches gets stretchered out over this?

This was almost as dumb as Mick Foley getting stretchered out after a few chair shots.

Psychology in these matches are almost non existant.

Cade killed Hardy with a massive spine buster, Hardy reverses THE VERY NEXT MOVE into a twist of fate.

Khali vs Cena: Cena had the STFU and Khali's fucking leg touched the bottom rope, U mean to tell me I am expected to believe that his tall ass couldn't have reached that rope.

PATHETIC, Shawn Micheals can get out of the hold, Edge can get out of the hold but an 8 feet tall 900 pound monster cant?

PPV was bad

I give it a C-

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9888 on: May 21, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »

Thank god I didn't wast money on that shit fest .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9889 on: May 22, 2007, 12:05:18 AM »

www.xtremewrestlingtorrents.net

SORRY ITS .NET

Register here.

This is the best torrent site for wrestling and MMA.

U can get the events literally 30 minutes after it ends.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 06:32:26 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #9890 on: May 22, 2007, 01:40:18 AM »

you sure thats the right link? i
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9891 on: May 22, 2007, 05:52:26 AM »

Judgement Day was one of the worst,dumbest WWE PPV's I have ever seen.

One RKO after a backstage beatdown and his wife comes in crying and he is stretchered out? The guy who had all those iron man matches and hardcore matches and ladder matches gets stretchered out over this?
The injury been built up over several weeks, not just one night, true it was executed in hilarious fashion but do you want him to take a dive off a building to sell the injury?

Benoit's was hardly an injury angle, it was working over a body part, ya know like they do, as for HBK he is injured hence the need for an injury angle, and they also need a reason for Batista to get beaten by Edge, it beats the hell out of the over used ref bump scenario...

Psychology in these matches are almost non existant.

Cade killed Hardy with a massive spine buster, Hardy reverses THE VERY NEXT MOVE into a twist of fate.
And you praised the last TNA show Roll Eyes, they don't sell for shit, this show had psychology, there were flaws true but for the most part they sold the moves....

Khali vs Cena: Cena had the STFU and Khali's fucking leg touched the bottom rope, U mean to tell me I am expected to believe that his tall ass couldn't have reached that rope.
He did hence the angle on RAW, WWE do think ahead Shocked

PATHETIC, Shawn Micheals can get out of the hold, Edge can get out of the hold but an 8 feet tall 900 pound monster cant?
You mean like at 'Mania when he tapped out to it?  You forgotten the many times Edge has tapped to it, Triple H, Chris Benoit.... If you remember, for the most part when they do get out of the move, they roll, you try and get The Great Khali to roll, knock a guy that big down its damn hard for them to get up, and 8ft? 900 Pound?  No need to exaggerate to try and prove a point...

PPV was bad

I give it a C-
With Burke/Punk, Benoit/MVP, Flair/Carlito on the card and you still call it bad, hell one of the worst ever (How often do people say that Roll Eyes) You must of missed out on some really shoddy shows over the years then...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9892 on: May 22, 2007, 11:00:23 AM »

I only saw the second half of Raw thanks to a power cut. Tsk.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9893 on: May 22, 2007, 02:28:10 PM »

WWE?s One Night Stand PPV takes place on Sunday, June 3, 2007.

Following last night?s edition of RAW, the announced card to date is as follows:

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH FOR THE WWE TITLE
John Cena ? vs The Great Khali

STREET FIGHT FOR THE ECW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Mr. McMahon ? vs Bobby Lashley

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9894 on: May 22, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »

But its HBK. He can overcome anything. He can even beat Edge who has just won the title the previous week . . Strong booking there. They might as well let HHH run the company if all he is gonna do is look after his friends.

Its the same story with HBK . . . just  done 1000 times. Suprised everyone doesn't know how it works by now

But personally i quite like the HBK injury sell. i think its one of his better moments. I think Orton has so much potentail. But god forbid he should go over clean. But then maybe his actions haven't deserved it.

The PPV was average. MVP with gold is great for me. Personally i'd like to see Beniot and Edge feud while we wait for Kennedy to return.

CM Punk and Burke was good . . . Personally i'd get rid of the 3rd show and split the ECW wrestlers over RAW and Smackdown . . even if its make-shift tag teams

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9895 on: May 22, 2007, 05:40:17 PM »

I think Orton has so much potentail. But god forbid he should go over clean. But then maybe his actions haven't deserved it.

Orton is a heel thats why he didn't go over clean

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9896 on: May 22, 2007, 06:18:56 PM »

orton should've been fired a long time ago and give his push to Shelton or Carlito.
Moreso Shelton.

imagine a feud with shelton and benoit or shelton and now the much improved MVP.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9897 on: May 23, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »

Jill Jarrett, wife of Jeff Jarrett, passed away this morning.

Funeral for Mrs. Jarrett wil be tomorrow May 24 at the Hendersonville Church of Christ on Rockland Rd. in Hendersonville, Tenn. Visitation with the family will be tonight May 23 at the Hendersonville Memorial Gardens and funeral home in Hendersonville, Tenn.

this sucks for Jeff & his family.

Today is also the 8th anniversary of Jeff's ex-tag team partner Owen Hart's death  Sad

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9898 on: May 23, 2007, 02:13:59 PM »

Jill Jarrett, wife of Jeff Jarrett, passed away this morning.

Funeral for Mrs. Jarrett wil be tomorrow May 24 at the Hendersonville Church of Christ on Rockland Rd. in Hendersonville, Tenn. Visitation with the family will be tonight May 23 at the Hendersonville Memorial Gardens and funeral home in Hendersonville, Tenn.

this sucks for Jeff & his family.

Today is also the 8th anniversary of Jeff's ex-tag team partner Owen Hart's death  Sad

I feel real bad for the guy. He was trying his best to work, and aid her all at once, and im sure it all got a little too much for him. Poor guy. It's my birthday tommorow and it's gonna feel a little weird when Im gonna be partying hard, when someone else in the wrestling word which I love is gonna be heavily greiving. Undecided

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9899 on: May 23, 2007, 06:23:53 PM »

I think Orton has so much potentail. But god forbid he should go over clean. But then maybe his actions haven't deserved it.

Orton is a heel thats why he didn't go over clean

Yeah ok. I guess thats why he beat Edge and killed his momentum too.

HHH hates Edge. HHH & HBK do what they want basically. HBK should be putting people like Edge and Orton over IMO sometimes clean. Not beating a younger guy who's just won a world title Roll Eyes

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: