Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:30:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825878 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9860 on: May 19, 2007, 06:35:22 PM »

WWE are fucked, no good news lately...well other than D's losses lol

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9861 on: May 19, 2007, 07:04:42 PM »

Jesus titty fucking christ he already needed surgery as it is, then with WWE keeping on TV each week not to mention house shows, it obviously got weaker, and now he's probably going to be out longer than what he would have been now. rant rant rant rant rant rant

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9862 on: May 19, 2007, 07:12:48 PM »

tna wouldnt have done this to hbk. good thing kurt angle left or he'd be out already. lighter schedule helps the body keep on going. taker, kennedy, helms!!! - did anyone read about helms injury? going to miss him as he recoups. with all the injuries let's give Funaki a title shot  beer 

what happened to the smackdown new talent initiative  - where had a lot of rookies getting  push ...well at least a shot. with the closing down of its minor leagues and new holes by injuries and 3 brands you'd think we'd get some new potential superstars .. a lot more.

had a good streak of new talent: matt morgan, boogeyman, kennedy, cm punk, michell mcool's tag team, gymni, miz, cryme time, highlanders, deuce and domino... but kennedy and boogeyman are the only ones who've gone over. but who's coming next?

cryme time!!!  when the heck are they going to get their title shot.

a question for folks- recently saw tna sacrifice - great matches - 4 way dance excellent! but shut up already tenay- when he was describing background of tiger mask even his partner said - HUH? ...thought that was funny .. so the Q - why does sonjay dutt have a black tape thing on his shoulder? covering a tatoo would be my guess.

and please let cena lose and mvp win! some new blood with the gold always is worth watching.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9863 on: May 19, 2007, 07:26:19 PM »

had a good streak of new talent: matt morgan, boogeyman, kennedy, cm punk, michell mcool's tag team, gymni, miz, cryme time, highlanders, deuce and domino... but kennedy and boogeyman are the only ones who've gone over. but who's coming next?

CM Punk is more over than Kennedy & Boogeyman

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9864 on: May 19, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »

Dave Meltzer is reporting today that Shawn Michaels has a blown out knee. HBK missed last nights house show and is going to try to gut it out tomorrow night at Judgment Day.

This injury is considered serious. This is absolutely terrible news for WWE as there have been a ton of top name injuries as of late.

This is awful news, it's just one injury after another.? The only positive is it gives younger guys a chance and also urges Vince to get out his cheque book and get guys like Jericho back, oh and D has him in the WWE Game? rofl

Well i'm a happy. Not that he's injure but he is one of D's picks.

Not  a huge fan of HBK but never wanna see anyone get injured. Lets just hope he doesn't disapear for 4 years with an "injury" . . . although im sure HBK would like another free pay day.

It seems that WWE are losing guys every week. Its funny that they asked wrestlers to tone down the dangerous moves a couple of years ago and look whats happening.

Undertaker
Kennedy
HHH
HBK
Booker T

and if you include JBL there is enough for 3 world title matches right there. or at least PPV quality matches

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9865 on: May 19, 2007, 08:52:41 PM »

although im sure HBK would like another free pay day.
Yeah that's why he's been working through this knee injury for ages, because he loves free pay days and time off....

Undertaker
Kennedy
HHH
HBK
Booker T

and if you include JBL there is enough for 3 world title matches right there. or at least PPV quality matches
Add Rey Mysterio to that list to, he is out injured and rightly or wrongly was a main eventer.

They have tonec things down but wrestlers using steroids and working so many times a year is bound to take it's toll.? With JBL, 'Taker & HBK it is an age thing, working full time when their bodies cannot cope with it anymore.? With Triple H it's more a case of being on the juice, i'd say the same for Booker & Kennedy.? You can't work as many days a year as they do, working out as much as they do and more than likely fuel the bodies with the crap they really should not be using.? It's a very unlucky patch but some guys just need to work less.....

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Strangely, news of this release didn't get out for whatever reason.

Mark Canterbury, who is best known as Henry O. Godwinn, was released by WWE earlier in the week. Canterbury, who is 43 years old, was basically hired last September because Triple H went to bat for him. Since being forced to retire in 1999 due to a neck injury, Canterbury had been dealing with numerous personal problems and Triple H wanted to help him out by having WWE hire him.

Canterbury's fate was pretty much sealed when they abruptly put Drew "Fake Kane" Hankinson in his place in the Hillbilly team instead of him.

Doesn't sound to bad....

Source: PWInsider.com

In a further update on Shawn Michaels, reports indicate that his knees have been bothering him for quite some time and he was hoping to take time off this year to get the surgery he needed done. Those plans had to be changed when Triple H got injured. With that being said, he is not expected to take any time off unless things become very serious. At this point, Michaels is still on for tomorrow night?s Judgment Day Pay-per view.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:19:04 AM by Stoned » Logged
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9866 on: May 20, 2007, 12:40:01 PM »

Just thinking what with Kane being on the Judgement Day advert but then not on the card any chance he might show up in the Khali match? I know he's been with Boogeyman last couple of weeks but they seemed to leave the Kane/Khali feud hanging after WM. Kane could show up and attack Khali and cause a DQ against Cena.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9867 on: May 20, 2007, 01:29:22 PM »

Ill take:
Cena by DQ
Edge
Lashley
Orton
MVP
Flair
Punk

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9868 on: May 20, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »

Yeah that's why he's been working through this knee injury for ages, because he loves free pay days and time off....

making up for all those days he was ready to return before. and all wrestlers work through pain. lets just call it what it is . . . he is too old.

Good thing they didn't make him champ hey. ok

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9869 on: May 20, 2007, 02:15:40 PM »

making up for all those days he was ready to return before. and all wrestlers work through pain. lets just call it what it is . . . he is too old.

you dont realise that HBK is actually devoted to WWE not for the money but the rush of excitement and his passion.

Plus people like HBK, HHH, Booker T & Undertaker are willing to work through injuries whereas people Batista fucked his arm whilst jogging and whined and whined and just dropped the title.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9870 on: May 20, 2007, 02:19:48 PM »

Batista fucked his arm whilst jogging

I have to admit, that is impressive.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9871 on: May 20, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »

Didn't Booker injure himself sneezing?  hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9872 on: May 20, 2007, 03:04:43 PM »

Didn't Booker injure himself sneezing?? hihi

That's bloody impressive

That's a hatrick for Doull
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9873 on: May 20, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »

you dont realise that HBK is actually devoted to WWE not for the money but the rush of excitement and his passion.

Plus people like HBK, HHH, Booker T & Undertaker are willing to work through injuries whereas people Batista fucked his arm whilst jogging and whined and whined and just dropped the title.

of course he is.

he is a guy who has respect for the business and all the tradition that goes with it. I'm sure Undertaker, Mick Foley and Bret Hart would agree hihi

If he does it for the rush why did he haggle of his last contract for extra merchandise rights. . . its probally coz he is too devoted Huh?

I can understand why all you guys bum him hard. My friends like him too. but to make out he is one of the most devoted in the business is a tad untrue. i'm sure he is devoted to WWE coz he has it sweet. through HHH he has vinces ear, he'll never be fired coz of that and they pay him a shit load of money on a reduced schedule . . . of course he's devoted.

Ask the likes of Terry Funk, Foley, Paul Heyman, Undertaker, Chris Beniot and the other worldly respected stars and they will tell you they respect his ability, but devotion to the business is not a HBK trate

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9874 on: May 20, 2007, 05:20:38 PM »

they pay him a shit load of money on a reduced schedule . . . of course he's devoted

he was on full schedual before his injury the other night

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9875 on: May 20, 2007, 05:21:46 PM »

on WWE.com it says Cade & Murdoch vs The Hardys has been added to Judgement Day, which is good news

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9876 on: May 20, 2007, 06:16:32 PM »

WWE quietly released Beth Phoenix from her contract early last week. She was told that creative had nothing for her.

Behind the scenes, Stephanie McMahon, was never a fan of her. She felt as though that she didn't have the "WWE Diva look" due to her inherit bulkiness.

Damn you stephanie! This really helps the crappy womens divison doesnt it!  Angry

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9877 on: May 20, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »

WWE quietly released Beth Phoenix from her contract early last week. She was told that creative had nothing for her.

Behind the scenes, Stephanie McMahon, was never a fan of her. She felt as though that she didn't have the "WWE Diva look" due to her inherit bulkiness.

Damn you stephanie! This really helps the crappy womens divison doesnt it!  Angry

To be honest I was never keen on that girl from the moment I saw her. smoking

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #9878 on: May 21, 2007, 01:48:38 AM »

Cena over came the odds... again.  Roll Eyes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9879 on: May 21, 2007, 04:50:43 AM »

Was it just me or was the main event shorter than normal? Actually, I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been. I'm surprised that they had Khali tap clean to Cena. MVP winning 2 straight falls was also unexpected. And Vinnie Mac still ECW Champ. Excellent!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: