Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826574 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9760 on: May 08, 2007, 11:29:37 AM »

you know vince as the ecw champ isn't that bad . hell ecw sucks now anyway so why not.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9761 on: May 08, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »

you know vince as the ecw champ isn't that bad . hell ecw sucks now anyway so why not.
The dude is hilarious, cuts great promo's and always makes sure his matches feature over dramatic moments, comedy pieces and crazy spots, he works his ass off and is way better as Champ than Lashley ever was...

.....Obviously he has to drop it soon enough but i wish it wasn't to Lashley

Also ECW has been fairly good as of late and we have had some killer Main Events
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9762 on: May 08, 2007, 11:33:59 AM »

The dude is hilarious, cuts great promo's and always makes sure his matches feature over dramatic moments, comedy pieces and crazy spots, he works his ass off and is way better as Champ than Lashley ever was...

.....Obviously he has to drop it soon enough but i wish it wasn't to Lashley

yeah fuck Lashley...wait no I'm glad lashley will be getting it back soon. ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #9763 on: May 08, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »

Now they look like nice wrestlers........ hihi

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9764 on: May 08, 2007, 12:41:23 PM »

Damn thats annoying to hear about Kennedy. You have to feel for the guy. The highest point in his career and just like that, that happens....for the second time.

And as for Orton, Im telling you, he's taking that fine a littlee too seriously. He'll probably end up shooting a management member. hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9765 on: May 08, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »

tough WM this year Undecided

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9766 on: May 08, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »

If this keeps up, expect Hogan to be there. They'll need big draws, and someone else to give all the pay checks to, alas Hogan, top of the list. hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9767 on: May 08, 2007, 01:24:31 PM »

nah i meant they lost UT and Kennedy ...i prolly shoulda put tough backlash hihi still damn thats 2 top draws on smackdown Undecided

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9768 on: May 08, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »

If this keeps up, expect Hogan to be there. They'll need big draws, and someone else to give all the pay checks to, alas Hogan, top of the list. hihi

Maybe, I suppose.  Hulk and Vinnie Mac have shown an ability to do business, even when they're not particularly happy with each other, but....

Hogan has said, most recently, on Bubba the Love Sponge's show (Sirius Sat radio, howard 101, afternoons at 3 PM except Friday's...then it's at 6 AM...yes, it's a blatant plug) that he's got no interest in working for Vince right now.  After the "spoof" Vince allowed, of Brooke, on Smackdown...Hogan's pretty pissed off.  Vince, in turn, is pissed at Hogan for refusing to job to Austin at this past WM...and Hogans' ALSO pissed about being ASKED to job to Austin.  I wouldn't bet on Hogan being involved with WWE, especially since the recent "Legends" show he did (with Big Show, Brutus Beefecake, Buff Bagwell, Greg Valentine, Abdullah the Butcher, and put together by Jimmy Hart) in Memphis actually drew a pretty good crowd.  He's talking about doing a U.S. "Hogan Farewell" tour and hanging up the boots (yeah, I know....wrestlers saying they're going to retire is like believing Roger Clemens when he says HE's going to retire).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9769 on: May 08, 2007, 01:58:33 PM »

Would losing to Austin damage Hogan's career that much?? I mean, it's not like it's all he'll be remembered for.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9770 on: May 08, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »

Would losing to Austin damage Hogan's career that much?? I mean, it's not like it's all he'll be remembered for.

On the flip side, would it damage Austin's to lose to Hogan?  And quite frankly, given Hogan, like him or not, is the biggest name in the industry probably ever (or close to it), I'd see Hogan's loss to a "part time wrestler" to be more damaging (if anything could damage him..the guys like teflon) than vice versa for Austin....who's playing 3rd fiddle to Hogan and Rocky right now (which is likely why Austin demanded to win...it sticks in his craw, I think).

Hogan's point was that it was the anniversary of WM III, where Andre passed the torch to him, and he felt it was disrespectful, given Austin's "attitude" (I'll only wrestle Hogan if I can go over) to both him, and Andre's memory, to demand that Hogan job as part of the "deal". Hogan didn't act that way with Andre, and felt Austin acting that way was bullshit.  Hogan did the job to Rock clean, sort of his "passing of the torch", when it mattered....mostly because it made sense, and Rock was a gentleman about the program...and showed Hogan some respect.  So Hogan simply said, with those parameters, I'm not really interested in doing business.  And Vince flipped out.

Together again,
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9771 on: May 08, 2007, 02:50:42 PM »

WWE has announced that the first estimate on buys from WrestleMania 23 was 1.2 million buys. This already makes it the largest pro wrestling PPV event in history. Domestic buys look to be coming in at 768,000 for the event.

Last year's WrestleMania did 980,000 total buys with 636,000 domestic.

No Hogan and business still did ok this year and hell his paycheck would of put a dent in things.

Whether it was Wrestlemania 24, 25, 26 or 27 Hogan still would not want to job the 20th Anniversary is irrelevant.? Considering Hogan's age and instability in the ring to put on a slightly realistic match (Yeah even wrestling has to appear "slightly" realistic) and result Austin should win.? Hulk Hogan going over Randy Orton did nothing for the guys career it just helped boost a Summerslam buyrate and when Shawn Michaels faced off with him he was so unstable on his knees Michaels had to carry him no end and sell things to death....(although it was in hilarious fashion)

Hogan's done so much for the business that's a given and he is larger than life but he's also useless at putting people over.? The 2 big times he put people over, Ultimate Warrior and The Rock he still stole the limelight back after, in Warrior's moment of Glory he does the "Good Deed" and hands him his belt and with The Rock rather than heeling it up at the end he continued to be "Nice" and milked the crowd even more which were admittedly way behind him....

....Also don't forget the awfully bungled way Sting was put over in WCW.? Rather than job cleanly in one of the biggest matches in company history he had one of the worst finishes ever, the match came off awfully....

I'd see Hogan's loss to a "part time wrestler" to be more damaging
And Hogan's not a part timer?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:52:37 PM by Stoned » Logged
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9772 on: May 08, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »

WWE has announced that the first estimate on buys from WrestleMania 23 was 1.2 million buys. This already makes it the largest pro wrestling PPV event in history. Domestic buys look to be coming in at 768,000 for the event.

No Hogan and business still did ok this year and hell his paycheck would of put a dent in things.

Whether it was Wrestlemania 24, 25, 26 or 27 Hogan still would not want to job the 20th Anniversary is irrelevant.? Considering Hogan's age and instability in the ring to put on a slightly realistic match (Yeah even wrestling has to appear "slightly" realistic) and result Austin should win.? Hulk Hogan going over Randy Orton did nothing for the guys career it just helped boost a Summerslam buyrate and when Shawn Michaels faced off with him he was so unstable on his knees Michaels had to carry him no end and sell things to death....(although it was in hilarious fashion)

Hogan's done so much for the business that's a given and he is larger than life but he's also useless at putting people over.? The 2 big times he put people over, Ultimate Warrior and The Rock he still stole the limelight back after, in Warrior's moment of Glory he does the "Good Deed" and hands him his belt and with The Rock rather than heeling it up at the end he continued to be "Nice" and milked the crowd even more which were admittedly way behind him....

....Also don't forget the awfully bungled way Sting was put over in WCW.? Rather than job cleanly in one of the biggest matches in company history he had one of the worst finishes ever, the match came off awfully....

I'd see Hogan's loss to a "part time wrestler" to be more damaging

Hogan vs Austin will never happen coz neither will lose. probally along with Bret Hart considered the 3 biggest of all time and unless they gave each other one win each it wont get off the ground and even then the "who would get the mania win" question would come up.

Hogan is the reason why wwe is what it is (along with vince) and austin is the wrestler that dragged them through its toughest time so its understandable that neither would want to job on a one off basis.

As far as mania goes i think taker will be saved for mania to continue his streak or put someone over. and i reckon Kennedy will be back . . whether or not its in the main event i'm not so sure.

Would it need a big name to get the buy rates? i think there is enough talent if its used right to not need it. but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

I mean how about this:

HHH vs Cena (WWE Title)

Batista vs Kennedy (World Title)

Hardys vs Londrick vs Tag Team 3 vs Tag Team 4 (TLC) (Undisputed worlds best tag team)

Undertaker vs Edge

Lashley vs Orton

HBK vs MVP

Benoit vs Booker T vs Carlito vs CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio vs Cor Von (Money In The Bank)

and keep in mind you have people like Flair, Burke, RVD (if he is still around), Kane, Khali, Umaga, Cade and Murdoch, WGTT and Santino. I think mania woud be great without a apperance from a hogan or a austin. And keep in mind you still have new wrestlers to come in that we dont yet know.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9773 on: May 08, 2007, 05:17:16 PM »

^ Cena & Batista still champs by WM24  confused

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9774 on: May 08, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »

Can anyone else see Edge showing up on Smackdown on friday?

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9775 on: May 08, 2007, 09:53:08 PM »

Mr. Kennedy had been counting down the days until he cashed in his Money in the Bank contract and competed for a World Championship at WrestleMania 24. Unfortunately, with 328 days remaining until the March 30, 2008 pay-per-view in Orlando?s Florida Citrus Bowl, time has suddenly run out for SmackDown?s loudmouth Superstar. In addition to losing his Money in the Bank contract to Edge on Raw Monday night, Kennedy is en route to Birmingham, Ala., to consult with Dr. James Andrews about his injured right arm and impending surgery.

Despite first injuring his arm during a WWE live event last weekend, the cocky Superstar fought through immense pain and continued competing in the ring. He even attended Raw at Penn State University this past Monday to update our fans with his Money in the Bank countdown, only to find himself baited into a match with Edge. Though never one to back down from a fight, the already-injured Kennedy hurt his own cause by accepting the Rated-R Superstar?s challenge, then trying to fight off his brutal pre-match assault. He was ultimately unable to withstand a Spear from Edge and keep his coveted Money in the Bank briefcase. Adding even more injury to insult, his valiant effort resulted in him tearing his right triceps muscle right off the bone.

No stranger to injury, Kennedy sat out much of early 2006 when he separated the tendon from the bone in his lat (back). Sources close to the SmackDown Superstar have said that he is so distraught over this latest setback, plus the loss of his title opportunity, that he may never return to the ring.

WWE.com witnessed first hand the tremendous physical and emotional toll taken on Mr. Kennedy; several hours after his devastating loss on Raw, the visibly upset Superstar could not bring himself to leave the locker room area. For a man who?s never been at a loss for words, it was very unsettling to observe Kennedy quietly sitting in a corner, his head in his hands as he mumbled to himself over an uncertain future.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9776 on: May 08, 2007, 10:05:26 PM »

Ozzy will perform next week on Smackdown

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9777 on: May 09, 2007, 06:52:51 AM »

It's on wwe.com sop technically not a spoiler but I'll put it small incase anyone doesn't want to know:

Edge new WHC!! Predicted it I must say but still a great move!

Check out this thread on it, and look at some of the ridiculous arguments from JmotherfuckinH or something, hilarious!

That's a hatrick for Doull
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9778 on: May 09, 2007, 09:49:43 AM »

As would Austins...as does any thing of this type.  And looking at numbers and saying "they did fine" doesn't take into account any sort of estimation of opportunity cost.  They did 1.2 million with the card they had.  Can you HONESTLY say you don't think an Austin/Hogan match would have boosted sales? Remember, on PPV, profit is exponential.  That is, the last 200,000 buys is more profitable, and usually earns more revenue, than the first 200,000 buys.

Whether it was Wrestlemania 24, 25, 26 or 27 Hogan still would not want to job the 20th Anniversary is irrelevant.  Considering Hogan's age and instability in the ring to put on a slightly realistic match (Yeah even wrestling has to appear "slightly" realistic) and result Austin should win.  Hulk Hogan going over Randy Orton did nothing for the guys career it just helped boost a Summerslam buyrate and when Shawn Michaels faced off with him he was so unstable on his knees Michaels had to carry him no end and sell things to death....(although it was in hilarious fashion)

In your opinion....but Hogan has proven, especially since coming back to the WWE, he's willing to do business.  Your opinion is he wouldn't job.  Given Austin's attitude that he absolutely had to go over, how is he any more right in this?  Hogan has commented that if everyone came to the table with an open mind, he thinks they could have worked something out where everyone was happy.  Austin wouldn't budge.  It was "go over or I go home".

Hogan's workrate is certainly not good, but that really doesn't have anything to do with anything.  It wasn't something Vince or Austin balked at.  Probably because Steve's not exactly the world's best worker either.  Hogan puts butts in seats, and that's the name of the game.  You, as a wresling officianado, might want the work to appear "realistic".  Vince wants to put butts in seats and money in his pocket.  Hogan is a big draw, no matter how you slice it.

Hogan's done so much for the business that's a given and he is larger than life but he's also useless at putting people over.  The 2 big times he put people over, Ultimate Warrior and The Rock he still stole the limelight back after, in Warrior's moment of Glory he does the "Good Deed" and hands him his belt and with The Rock rather than heeling it up at the end he continued to be "Nice" and milked the crowd even more which were admittedly way behind him....

Orton got a nice boost, actually...but fucked it up on his very own.  Warrior/Hogan was face vs face.  He did exactly what he was supposed to do.  With Rock...Hogan played the heel for the whole program build up.....the crowd wasn't buying it.  If you don't like what happened after putting over Rocky, clean...you need to take that up with the fans.  FYI, apparently (from reports from Hogan) creative told him to play the switch up at WM because they were killing the NWO angle and wanted Hulk as a face after WM.

....Also don't forget the awfully bungled way Sting was put over in WCW.  Rather than job cleanly in one of the biggest matches in company history he had one of the worst finishes ever, the match came off awfully....

Again, which Hogan, himself, has said was Bischoff and Nash's mistake.  Believe him or don't.....

I didn't say he wasn't.  But he's a full time draw....and he's been more active than Austin has over the past 3+ years.  So there's "part time" and then there's "part time".  Given Hogan's the bigger name, I think Steve should have at least shown some respect and not started making demands, like he did, and at least come to the table with an open mind.  Demanding a clean job, without any thought as to what it means to "the other guys" career isn't exactly doing good business.  Austin could plausibly have lost that match and come out looking as good, if not better, than he did previously.....I'm not sure, all things considered, you could say the same about Hogan.  It would depend on the way the progam and the match went...something Austin wouldn't even discuss until Hogan agreed to job.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:00:05 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9779 on: May 09, 2007, 10:53:39 AM »

As would Austins...as does any thing of this type.? And looking at numbers and saying "they did fine" doesn't take into account any sort of estimation of opportunity cost.? They did 1.2 million with the card they had.? Can you HONESTLY say you don't think an Austin/Hogan match would have boosted sales? Remember, on PPV, profit is exponential.? That is, the last 200,000 buys is more profitable, and usually earns more revenue, than the first 200,000 buys.
Of course it would of boosted things there is no doubt about it, that match was dead in the water a long time ago.? There were plans for him still to be on the card though 'til his drunken mistake over the Hall of Fame.? The point is even without him they still did really good business, course it would of been better with him as it would of with Austin, Rock, Hart etc.? The point is they did not do really bad business and they don't REALLY need him as much as he would like to think.

Hogan has commented that if everyone came to the table with an open mind, he thinks they could have worked something out where everyone was happy.? Austin wouldn't budge.? It was "go over or I go home".
I hardly take Hogan's word for things.? This match being as big as it was somebody had to go over clean, you could not have a cheap finish on a match this big and neither was willingly to go over clean on the biggest show.? Even with a rematch a month later the 'Mania win would be the one that mattered.? I'd say they were both equally to blame....

Hogan's workrate is certainly not good, but that really doesn't have anything to do with anything.? It wasn't something Vince or Austin balked at.? Probably because Steve's not exactly the world's best worker either.? Hogan puts butts in seats, and that's the name of the game.? You, as a wresling officianado, might want the work to appear "realistic".? Vince wants to put butts in seats and money in his pocket.? Hogan is a big draw, no matter how you slice it.
They also want to put on one hell of a match so there's money in a Hogan Austin II somewhere down the line.? Obviously not a techincial masterpiece but something that keeps the fans entertained, they want to draw big at the time but they also wanted it to deliver so people want to come back for more, the way Hogan's knees are going he won't be able to work at all in a few years...

Orton got a nice boost, actually...but fucked it up on his very own.? Warrior/Hogan was face vs face.? He did exactly what he was supposed to do.? With Rock...Hogan played the heel for the whole program build up.....the crowd wasn't buying it.? If you don't like what happened after putting over Rocky, clean...you need to take that up with the fans.? FYI, apparently (from reports from Hogan) creative told him to play the switch up at WM because they were killing the NWO angle and wanted Hulk as a face after WM.
That did nothing for Orton.? Hogan only made a few appearances and then Orton jobbed cleanly and that was it, it was clear who was better there was no rub, no making it look like Orton was close to Hogan's league.? Now look at Orton's program with Taker, Taker may of come out on top but he also jobbed and made Orton look competent, Hogan's program with Orton was worthless!? Hogan vs Warrior was meant to be the passing of the torch, Hogan was meant to be on the way out there was no need for him to roll in the ring after and hand him the belt and do the right thing, it was Warrior's time in the spotlight but Hogan HAD to get involved.

Again, which Hogan, himself, has said was Bischoff and Nash's mistake.? Believe him or don't.....
hihi I'll choose not to, there was one beneficiary of that bungled finish and that was Hogan.

I didn't say he wasn't.? But he's a full time draw....and he's been more active than Austin has over the past 3+ years.? So there's "part time" and then there's "part time".? Given Hogan's the bigger name, I think Steve should have at least shown some respect and not started making demands, like he did, and at least come to the table with an open mind.? Demanding a clean job, without any thought as to what it means to "the other guys" career isn't exactly doing good business.? Austin could plausibly have lost that match and come out looking as good, if not better, than he did previously.....I'm not sure, all things considered, you could say the same about Hogan.? It would depend on the way the progam and the match went...something Austin wouldn't even discuss until Hogan agreed to job.
In all honesty i was unaware that Austin was being awkward and Hogan wasn't by all accounts i believed they both were.? Now as for Austin's long absence i would say that's increased his draw in the wrestling ring.? Yeah Hogan comes back and draws big but Austin, hell people don't think they'll ever see him wrestle again, for him to get in the ring again i think that would be huge.? As for the lack of respect, i believe Austin dislikes Hogan because of the way he and other "Top" guys treated him in WCW and also he's good friends with Bret Hart who has issue with Hogan for refusing to put him over in WWE when he was leaving....
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: