Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827287 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9680 on: April 25, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »

hasnt he always been a bit of a problem for them?

yep but the idea is to keep him because A)They don't want him off to TNA B)He's a third generation wrestler & C)They think he is one of the best Heels in the company

Randy Orton is one of those great Wrestlers who could probally carry a company as a Heel or Face. Like HHH and the Rock did.

Thats why he is definatly worth keeping. Although there is only so much Vince will take.
Orton's good, yeah but he's not in league with those guys yet.....

....I think he's yet to perform well as a face, he's a good heel granted but by the sounds of things he's just playing himself, will the volume turned up...slightly

Thats why i said probally. I liked him as a face as well as a heel.

And aside from him causing his own downfall. the reason why he isn't as big is . . . dare i say it. . . . because we have certain wrestlers in the main event picture that could put Orton over big time and take him to the next level.

But i do conceed that Orton has to improve outside the ring before he deserves his chance.

I remember Batista vs HHH when HHH lost to Batista 3 times in a row. Now if Undertaker or HBK did that for a Orton, Kennedy or MVP then instantly they would be 'In that League'

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9681 on: April 27, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!:

As reported earlier, Rob Van Dam has decided not to accept WWE's renewal offer, so the presumption is he is leaving when his contract expires at the end of August. Anything can still happen though.

The breaking point was when they began to waffle on how much time off they'd be giving him. He wanted a chunk of time off this year - six-plus months - and a limited schedule otherwise. He may be jobbed out soon to try to lower his value to TNA if he signs there, which is likely.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9682 on: April 29, 2007, 09:07:48 AM »

Prediction time

Four Way For The WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Edge

Last Man Standing For The World Championship
Undertaker vs. Batista

3-on-1 Handicap Match For The ECW Title
Bobby Lashley vs. Umaga, Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon

World Tag Team Title Match
The Hardyz vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

WWE United States Champion
Chris Benoit vs. MVP

WWE Women's Title
Melina vs. Mickie James

D&D vs Kendrick & London

I'll go with:
Michaels
Undertaker
Lashley
Hardyz
MVP
Melina
Deuce & Domino
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 05:46:21 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9683 on: April 29, 2007, 09:34:54 AM »

^Same here, except I'll say Cena is going to win (again). Although I'm not sure about Orton. He could possibly somehow win as a SWERVE.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9684 on: April 29, 2007, 10:32:53 AM »

I'll go with:

Cena
Undertaker
Lashley
Hardyz
MVP
Melina

Same shit, different ppv. confused

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9685 on: April 29, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »

I'll go with:

Cena
Undertaker
Lashley
Hardyz
MVP
Melina

I'll go with you dude, but I'm hoping Cena loses, make it a bit exciting for a change. When will WWE realise Cena can still make them loads of cash without being champ all the time!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9686 on: April 29, 2007, 12:43:59 PM »

I'll go with:

Cena
Undertaker
Lashley
Hardyz
MVP
Melina

I'll go with you dude, but I'm hoping Cena loses, make it a bit exciting for a change. When will WWE realise Cena can still make them loads of cash without being champ all the time!

Yeah, even if they gave him a break, for a while and then put him as the top guy a couple of months down the line would be just as effective, maybe more, as the fans wouldn't be as sick of seeing him win all the time. Did they never think that "too much of one thing is a bad for you" ?? Anyways, yeah I'd love to see HBK or anyone else for that matter win the WWE title, and if they wanted to do "whats best for business" they should go with Edge.

Afterall it has been proved before that Edge = Ratings. yes
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:47:11 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9687 on: April 29, 2007, 01:03:01 PM »

Yea, let Edge have the belt for a while, could have HBK trying to take it off him and a Cena - Orton feud, there's so many possibilities

That's a hatrick for Doull
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9688 on: April 29, 2007, 01:20:47 PM »

Cena
Undertaker
Lashley
Hardyz
MVP
Mickie James

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9689 on: April 29, 2007, 02:16:23 PM »

Cena
Undertaker
Lashley
Hardyz
MVP
Mickie James

I think thats a good call.

I dont think HBK will win (unless the booking team have lost their minds). But i think Cena may lose it. Can't see HBK beat Cena clean twice in a week

But an Edge or Orton (well it would be Edge) Title win could be interesting coz it would give their feud more purpose. but that might be out of the window now with Orton's Antics recently.

Undertaker for sure. one last run can't be so short.

Lashley. The whole push would lose momentum if he lost. But Umaga would be close to beiong buried as a character if Lashley prevails.

I would kinda like to see Murdoch/Cade win as a suprise coz i think they are underated and it would spice up the tag division.

MVP is awesome and i hope he wins. Benoit is great but he needs wrestlers like Angle or Hart to get the best out of him

Womens title. . . who cares.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9690 on: April 29, 2007, 03:07:38 PM »

Cena
Undertaker
Lashley
Hardyz
MVP
Mickie James

I think thats a good call.

I dont think HBK will win (unless the booking team have lost their minds). But i think Cena may lose it. Can't see HBK beat Cena clean twice in a week

But an Edge or Orton (well it would be Edge) Title win could be interesting coz it would give their feud more purpose. but that might be out of the window now with Orton's Antics recently.

Undertaker for sure. one last run can't be so short.

Lashley. The whole push would lose momentum if he lost. But Umaga would be close to beiong buried as a character if Lashley prevails.

I would kinda like to see Murdoch/Cade win as a suprise coz i think they are underated and it would spice up the tag division.

MVP is awesome and i hope he wins. Benoit is great but he needs wrestlers like Angle or Hart to get the best out of him

Womens title. . . who cares.
Spot on with everything except for theHBK hate. Wink

I think the event could be damn good.

I love Last Man Standing Matches, the WWE title has 3 Great wrestlers involved so it should be good.  I may be sick of the Mcmahons but when it comes to wrestling they may not put on a clinic but they work so fuckin hard to entertain.  MVP's one of my favourite stars of the moment, they have got everything right with him, the entrance that makes him look like a big star, the theme "I'm Coming" it get's over how he's arrived and is coming to take over, he has showed he can wrestle well to, he's cocky and a great talker, i hope he wins and that their match get's more time tonight.  The Tag Match should be good, most know i'm a massive Lance Cade mark so i'd like to see them win, good to see them on the PPV though if nothing else and being pushed as a top team.  As for the Women's Title, keep it on Melina 'til someone new debuts, Mickie Not So Psycho is very dull, oh and let Johnny Nitro accompany Melina to the ring, he needs more air time!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9691 on: April 29, 2007, 03:18:27 PM »

A video has turned up online of Shawn Michaels snubbing a fan's autograph request during WWE's recent tour of Italy. After HBK gets out of his automobile, a fan is standing by in hopes of landing an autograph, but HBK rebuffs his request by saying "I already did it dude" and he proceeds to walk into the hotel. Click here to see the video

found this on Rajah

spread the hate. ok yes rant

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9692 on: April 29, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »

A video has turned up online of Shawn Michaels snubbing a fan's autograph request during WWE's recent tour of Italy. After HBK gets out of his automobile, a fan is standing by in hopes of landing an autograph, but HBK rebuffs his request by saying "I already did it dude" and he proceeds to walk into the hotel. Click here to see the video

found this on Rajah

Yeah haha i've seen it.

You ever think that comment might mean he'd already given the dude an autograph and maybe he was stalking him or something? Tongue
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9693 on: April 29, 2007, 03:38:58 PM »

found this on Rajah

Maybe HBK had to drop a deuce. Dude could have been in a hurry. ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9694 on: April 29, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »

I agree with Stoned about the HBK thing, being famous you sometimes lose track of who you signed autographs for, easy mistake to make....atleast he makes the effort to sign autographs *cough*Batista*cough*

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9695 on: April 29, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »

some good news if true:

on the WWE.com Power 25 Rankings, it says the following for Paul London and Brian Kendrick:

"After almost a year of championship status, London & Kendrick lost their titles to Deuce and Domino on SmackDown last week. This week, Kendrick fell to Deuce. Will they rebound on Sunday?"

So, we're thinking Sunday means the Backlash PPV today. With only 6 matches announced for the card, it's probable that another match would be added. With Deuce and Domino defending the titles against London and Kendrick, that would make 7 Title matches on the card tonight.

hopefully this match happens, if so i'll go for Deuce N' Domino getting the win

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9696 on: April 29, 2007, 07:03:57 PM »

found this on Rajah

Maybe HBK had to drop a deuce. Dude could have been in a hurry. ok

I'm not judging him.

If he is too busy for his fans who have stood by him while he was "recovering" from a looooooooooooooooooooooong injury . . . while making a fair amount of money may i add. Then i understand that. these guys are busy men Grin

well thats one fan who will be rooting for Cena on Sunday.

--------------

haha no seriously. i think its easy to do. I dont need this to hate HBK. just thought i'd see how many of you guys jumped to his defence Grin.

I'm sure he didn't mean to. The fans are all these old, has been wrestlers care about at their age Grin

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 07:10:54 PM by Gnrfan » Logged

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9697 on: April 30, 2007, 06:55:58 AM »

Cena
Undertaker
Lashley
Hardyz
MVP
Mickie James

well i agreed with these.

50%

some shocks last night i thought

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9698 on: April 30, 2007, 07:25:24 AM »

I was abit surprised with Vince winning but hopefully now they can push Cor Von as Vince's prodeige & most likely feud with Lashley

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9699 on: April 30, 2007, 07:52:07 AM »

So what did everyone think of last night.

I thought it was good.

Just got some thoughts

Mr. McMahon as ECW world champion . . . . thats his 2nd world title. i think. isn't it funny that he has more world titles than people like RVD. It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Will Lashley move to RAW? and if so could be interesting to see what they do with the ECW world title.

How about a 10 man tournament? RVD, Cor Von, Burke, Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer, CM Punk, Striker, Thorn and Snitsky. That would take the new breed vs originals to the max and may even have the teams fighting each other.

The question is how long do they wanna milk McMahon with the title or is now his revenge complete against Lashley.

------------------
-----------------

The Main Event was good i thought and it showed the potential that Orton and Edge have in the big matches. The finish served its purpose and was well put together. But i do think that by doing it this way its de-crediting Cena as a champion, which maybe is what they were going for, but they have to be careful.

I'm not sure where its leading . . . i mean i know you guys love HBK, but i honestly i cant see him as the guy to beat Cena for the title. and i'm not sure i can take another month of HBK vs Cena . . ?MOVE IT ON FOR GOD SAKE! But if HBK isnt the one to beat him then who is:

Edge- Already beaten Cena but Cena has owned him since.
Orton - A great candidate for me, but he cant keep his rep clean long enough for people to give him the chance
Lashley - If Lashley does Move to RAW why not him? Well coz i still think questions are there about him carrying the company. Remember they moved him to ECW coz they wasn't sure he could carry them, let alone RAW. I know he's moved on, but is he there yet?
Kennedy - Well he's Mr Money in the Bank and if they keep having him turn up like he did for Edge's interview and maybe on RAW every so often it could lead to a feud. He has potential oozing out and with the right person to put him over he could be an excellent world champion, and although personally i would prefer that he had held another world title 1st it might be a chance to have a heel as champ again (it seems like so long) and if it doesn't work then its easy for Cena to win it back in preperation for HHH return and the match everyone wants to see.

Maybe the cure is this. If they want the title off Cena . . . have HBK beat him ( i know that would please all you HBK Bummers Grin) but then have Kennedy take advantage of the HBK match and while celebrating have him run in and beat HBK.

I think if there is to be a interim champ it should be someone like Kennedy as its a no lose situation. But i'd prefer Cena to keep it untill HHH return as i think that will make the match all the better.

-------------
------------

Benoit vs MVP

Both great wrestlers. I thought it would of made sense for MVP to win but then i thought about it and Benoit deserves to be a champion and unlike the IC title the US title has prestige while Benoit has it. I'm not saying that it wouldn't if MVP had it but Beniot is top-tier IMO and should be in the world title category.

Another solid match. MVP is a star of the future no doubt. May need that big feud to get him over tho. Someone like a Undertaker or HBK.

---------------
--------------

I would have loved to have seen Cade and Murdoch win the titles as i think they have potential but maybe this isnt the time to be messing with the prestige of the fragile tag team titles and thats why the Hardys prevailed. I think both these tag teams along with TWGTT have a great chance of making the tag titles great again but they need to be given the time.

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: