Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:33:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827565 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9620 on: April 16, 2007, 05:47:38 AM »

RVD had his chance and blew it. He beat Cena clean? . . not many can say that.
He can't say that either.

Edge ran in and speared Cena, then RVD won.

Yeah but he still 5*'d him and pinned him.

Edge didn't spear him and RVD pinned him straight away . . did he.
Ya interfere, it ain't clean, simple as....

Depends doesn't it.

Someone could attack someone on the way to the ring! if they wrestle for 25 mins after thats still clean.

I watched the Cena vs RVD match and your right. I always thought of a non clean win as if someone impacts on the actual finish of the match i.e. get hit with chair  . . . finisher . . . Over

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9621 on: April 17, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »

I see the new IC Champ is the guy who laughed at Boogeyman in OVW.

I was also convinced for a second that King called Milan the "fascist capital of the world" at the start of the show.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:40:20 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9622 on: April 18, 2007, 08:54:33 AM »

^ yeah he then got slapped by Jim Cornette, which led to Cornette being sacked  hihi

but i loved his Russian Monster gimmick, but i guess this kinda makes sense with him actually being Italian. After seeing him with Lashley on ECW I can see there being segments where Lashley trains Marrela how to wrestle  nervous

His back tattoo is awesome though

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9623 on: April 18, 2007, 03:12:48 PM »

If Cena wins at Backlash the WWE are fucked.

If he overcomes this, there are no opponents left.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9624 on: April 18, 2007, 04:56:14 PM »

You seem to be forgetting the "New Italian Stallion" Santino Marella  Tongue

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9625 on: April 18, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »

You seem to be forgetting the "New Italian Stallion" Santino Marella? Tongue
Dream on poncho, you just want more points.

Cena can win and things are still good....

He makes lot's of money, kiddies and women love him.

He's already beaten Edge numerous times and HBK.  If one of those 2 takes the fall in the match Orton still has claim on a singles feud....

....also you have guys on other brands like Mr. Kennedy who could well move over since he's feuded with Undertaker & Batista...

...and when Triple H returns you can finally have John Cena vs Triple H II, that'll put bums in seats...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9626 on: April 18, 2007, 06:12:39 PM »

Did WWE really waste 30 minutes of RAW debuting Santino Marrella?

that was the most boring debut in WWE history.

Is this guy serious?

Cena is reaching the absurd though.

Kind of like when they had Big Show jobbing to everybody and then all of a sudden is an unbeatable monster.

Or how HHH can take 5 rock bottoms before he is pinned at one PPV but then gets hit with a steel chair and pinned two months later.

Or how Mick Foley can fall off a Hell in a Cell, keep fighting, Fall through the top, keep fighting but then later on he gets hit with a chair shot and pinned and supposedly is half killed.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:14:29 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #9627 on: April 18, 2007, 06:54:14 PM »

You just answered the question as to why ECW ain't all out hardcore.

Sure, it's always been a bit grey, but how the bloody 'ell are you going to sell a chair shot when in the 'ee see dubya three ain't enough for a close 2 count?

It's always been that way with the hardcore matches, but hey... You either scrap the hardcore matches full stop or let it be that a chair can smack ye like foam one week and kryptonite the next. It's all in the game.

And besides. Continuity ain't one of WWE's strong points, anyway.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9628 on: April 18, 2007, 07:13:43 PM »

You seem to be forgetting the "New Italian Stallion" Santino Marella? Tongue
Dream on poncho, you just want more points.

Cena can win and things are still good....

He makes lot's of money, kiddies and women love him.

He's already beaten Edge numerous times and HBK.? If one of those 2 takes the fall in the match Orton still has claim on a singles feud....

....also you have guys on other brands like Mr. Kennedy who could well move over since he's feuded with Undertaker & Batista...

...and when Triple H returns you can finally have John Cena vs Triple H II, that'll put bums in seats...

Well said. This man speaks the truth.

And Cena vs Orton / Cena vs HHH are the big matches. It makes no sense for Edge or HBK to beat him and i dont think they'll take the chance on Orton just yet.

and love him or hate him every defence he has makes that belt more credible.

Cena is reaching the absurd though.

Kind of like when they had Big Show jobbing to everybody and then all of a sudden is an unbeatable monster.

Or how HHH can take 5 rock bottoms before he is pinned at one PPV but then gets hit with a steel chair and pinned two months later.

Or how Mick Foley can fall off a Hell in a Cell, keep fighting, Fall through the top, keep fighting but then later on he gets hit with a chair shot and pinned and supposedly is half killed.

Or when Diesel had the title for a year. now thats absurd. Cena's run looks normal compared to that.

Or when HHH won the belt 4 times in less than 8 months . . .? i mean how stupid is that. At least Cena has some credibility, even if annoying at times.

my friend told me the other day that in 1999 the belt changed hands 12 times haha thats just stupid. How can you take the belt seriously. I think that was the time when i started to prefer ECW coz that was when Taz held the ECW world title and RVD held the TV title. It was awesome to see challengers come and go. Apprantly the plan was to make the two champions fight but RVD broke his leg, then when he returned Taz left for wwe.

Anyway my point is. Whoever beats Cena will have a decent run and my money is on HHH if they feel he will recover fully. To me thats what makes most sense.

Cena's first run was about 7 months ish  . . not sure about that. But his 2nd run was a shortish one again not sure but probally about 4 months. This run is at about 7 months old. so it would make sense for this run to run longer and then when he loses it keep him away from the belt for a year and go from there.

On the other hand wwe could do some aweful booking and make him lose it and win it back again which would be stupid.

I'd love to see HHH / Cena feud with HHH telling him he's been holding his belt and nows the time for him to go back to the top. They could play it as they are both tweeners and Cena telling HHH his time has come and gone and HHH telling Cena he is a big fish in a small pond while he beat higher standard of wrestler. maybe HHH starts to believe he's past it, and maybe Cena starts to believe what HHH is saying. Could be very interesting. But Cena would have to keep the belt untill HHH return and if they wanted the match at Mania then Cena would have to hold the belt for a year and a half. Cry

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:25:02 PM by Gnrfan » Logged

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9629 on: April 18, 2007, 07:25:33 PM »

Speaking of absurd i read the other day that if The Hardyz keep the Tag Titles 'til the day after Backlash it will be their longest reign ever as tag champions....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9630 on: April 18, 2007, 07:36:01 PM »

my friend told me the other day that in 1999 the belt changed hands 12 times haha thats just stupid. How can you take the belt seriously. I think that was the time when i started to prefer ECW coz that was when Taz held the ECW world title and RVD held the TV title. It was awesome to see challengers come and go. Apprantly the plan was to make the two champions fight but RVD broke his leg, then when he returned Taz left for wwe.

I think it was 11 times that year

RVD broke his ankle not leg

Speaking of absurd i read the other day that if The Hardyz keep the Tag Titles 'til the day after Backlash it will be their longest reign ever as tag champions....

yeah i think there longest reign has been 28 days which is shocking for a tag team like them seeing as though a team like La Resistance had the titles for like nearly half a year

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9631 on: April 18, 2007, 07:42:32 PM »

yeah i think there longest reign has been 28 days which is shocking for a tag team like them seeing as though a team like La Resistance had the titles for like nearly half a year
Their reigns have been 6 days, 14 days, 14 days, 26 days, 28 days

And they are currently on 17 days....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9632 on: April 19, 2007, 06:59:07 AM »

Its the classic example of a tag team being so over that they dont need the belts.

Now however they need to restore faith in the tag division and i think a decent hardyz run will do that. I still think a Hardyz vs Londrick unification match is on the cards somewhere down the line

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9633 on: April 19, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »

Its the classic example of a tag team being so over that they dont need the belts.

Now however they need to restore faith in the tag division and i think a decent hardyz run will do that. I still think a Hardyz vs Londrick unification match is on the cards somewhere down the line
Considering how "loose" the brand split is it would be a good idea.  If you put all the teams in the 'E together you have a fair decent division...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9634 on: April 19, 2007, 08:41:27 AM »

World Wrestling Entertainment has ended its relationship with Deep South Wrestling. For the past two years, DSW has served as one of WWE's developmental territories. Check back here as more information becomes available

Due to a violation of the WWE Wellness Policy back in February, Rene Dupree was suspended for 30 days as punishment. Dupree as of late has been spending his time in rehab. No other details have been disclosed at this time.

Dave Meltzer reports that Austin Starr has been suspended for 90 days by TNA.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9635 on: April 19, 2007, 08:48:20 AM »

Sweet616 And World Wrestling Entertainment have come to terms with how bad there show realy sucks and after desitions to have Londrick loose the Tag Team Titals to Duece and Domino and Sweet616 grant for release from having to watch realy shit wwe wrestling. Sweet616 would like to wish WWE all the worst in there future endevours

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9636 on: April 19, 2007, 09:59:07 AM »

Sweet616 And World Wrestling Entertainment have come to terms with how bad there show realy sucks and after desitions to have Londrick loose the Tag Team Titals to Duece and Domino and Sweet616 grant for release from having to watch realy shit wwe wrestling. Sweet616 would like to wish WWE all the worst in there future endevours
Fuck sakes dude. NO SPOILERS!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9637 on: April 19, 2007, 10:35:34 AM »

Any chance on sweet616 ending his relationship with this thread at all? Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:57:55 AM by Borat » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9638 on: April 19, 2007, 11:40:29 AM »

Any chance on sweet616 ending his relationship with this thread at all? Lips Sealed

Uho-oh spaghettios. (Another verbal debate appears to be on the cards.)

Someone pointed out that Cena is often cheered on TV but PPVs seem to be where he gets booed the most. I was surprised by the reaction Cena got on Raw in Italy. Then again, maybe I'm not.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9639 on: April 19, 2007, 01:27:40 PM »

What does everyone think about Lashley dropping the ECW belt to Umaga for a while so they can continue there fued"?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: