Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827778 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9600 on: April 11, 2007, 12:02:45 PM »

I'm tipping either HBK or Orton for a short title run, even though Orton has been jobbed out lately.

As for Punk joining the New Breed i was surprised but that will make the NB even better, Punk/Burke/Cor Von in a group is gonna be amazing!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9601 on: April 11, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »

I'm tipping either HBK or Orton for a short title run, even though Orton has been jobbed out lately.

As for Punk joining the New Breed i was surprised but that will make the NB even better, Punk/Burke/Cor Von in a group is gonna be amazing!

Im not buying it.
I think it's a set up and CM Punk is only pretending to be with the New Breed. Why would you turn someone heel when they are way over anyways?

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9602 on: April 11, 2007, 01:47:40 PM »

Im not buying it.
I think it's a set up and CM Punk is only pretending to be with the New Breed. Why would you turn someone heel when they are way over anyways?

good point but you can't exactly put him in the ECW Originals since he wasn't an original

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9603 on: April 11, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »

Im not buying it.

good point but you can't exactly put him in the ECW Originals since he wasn't an original

Yeah, but it doesn't nessesarily mean he'll join them. He could end up just siding with them as they are the good guys. Anyways, a little help from a future ECW Champion would do them no harm, as RVD is the only real formidable opponent on the Originals team as it is. yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9604 on: April 11, 2007, 05:34:49 PM »

we better start getting some hardass straight edge promo's like the good ol days because "Iam better then you, you drink and smoke yeah i hope you die! your killing yurself see if i give a shit die! iam better then you"

gota love the punk

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9605 on: April 11, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »

Im not buying it.

Thats what i thought but CM punk has a history of being a heel and if i remember rightly he prefers being a heel.

I hope he doesn't turn 'Evil' but just continues to be himself and says that he is part of new ECW. A bit of a tweener.

But CM Punk and Burke vs Sabu and RVD in a extreme tag match would be awesome

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9606 on: April 11, 2007, 06:14:47 PM »

Im not buying it.

Thats what i thought but CM punk has a history of being a heel and if i remember rightly he prefers being a heel.

I hope he doesn't turn 'Evil' but just continues to be himself and says that he is part of new ECW. A bit of a tweener.

Oh man not Sabu. no
That guys been phoning it in ever since he got here. (apart from the One Night Stand PPV with Mysterio) Remember the ECW Championship match against Big Show he had last year at Summerslam? That was so bad, it makes any match with Sabu heavily involved become horrendous in my mind. confused

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9607 on: April 11, 2007, 06:26:35 PM »

Im not buying it.

Oh man not Sabu. no
That guys been phoning it in ever since he got here. (apart from the One Night Stand PPV with Mysterio) Remember the ECW Championship match against Big Show he had last year at Summerslam? That was so bad, it makes any match with Sabu heavily involved become horrendous in my mind. confused

Sabu is awesome, but needs extreme rules. Taking a chair way from him is like taking away his whole offense. No wonder he sucks. he cant do any moves he is used of doing.

The whole Lashley vs McMahons is interesting.

Umaga has lost alot of momentum recently and needs a win to halt his slide. Personally i cant see Umaga as ECW champ In ECW.

The problem is that Lashley is on a different level to all others in ECW wrestlers its gonna be hard to get the title off him. and wwe might see this as there chance and move him to RAW to start his climb there. But if he leaves ECW then they have to up the match quality with other superstars.

But personally i think he'll overcome the handicap match and retain. but it still begs the question who is gonna take the title off him if he overcomes this. Personally i think WWE are giving Lashley the biggest push since Cena. and WWE always like the guy that gets screwed and fights his way back to the top.

My question is . . is Lashley now too big for ECW and does the WWE want him on RAW. I think they do but are worried about ECW without their fastest rising star

[/color]

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9608 on: April 11, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »

Im not buying it.

Oh man not Sabu. no

Sabu is awesome, but needs extreme rules. Taking a chair way from him is like taking away his whole offense. No wonder he sucks. he cant do any moves he is used of doing.

Umaga has lost alot of momentum recently and needs a win to halt his slide. Personally i cant see Umaga as ECW champ In ECW.

The problem is that Lashley is on a different level to all others in ECW wrestlers its gonna be hard to get the title off him. and wwe might see this as there chance and move him to RAW to start his climb there. But if he leaves ECW then they have to up the match quality with other superstars.

But personally i think he'll overcome the handicap match and retain. but it still begs the question who is gonna take the title off him if he overcomes this. Personally i think WWE are giving Lashley the biggest push since Cena. and WWE always like the guy that gets screwed and fights his way back to the top.

My question is . . is Lashley now too big for ECW and does the WWE want him on RAW. I think they do but are worried about ECW without their fastest rising star

Well all I can say is if that is true, they must have some idea in mind, as CM Punk is now a part of the New Breed stable, so it's not going to be him. I can see the three champions of their respective brands become interpromotinal. They did that a few years back when they only had one main title. They also did it with the Womens champion back then.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9609 on: April 11, 2007, 07:43:25 PM »

Im not buying it.

Oh man not Sabu. no

Lashley vs. The McMahon's is interesting??!!!!

Its the same damn thing they've done way too many damn times. It got old a long time ago, and anybody vs. The Mcmahons should have been canned a long fucking time ago. Its the same old crap, rehashed over and over and over and over.

ECW brand sucks, they ruined it when they decided there would be non-extreme rules matches. Lashley shouldn't be champ of anything, the guy is horrible on the Mic, and is sub-par in the ring. The guy may be a "rising star" but he certaintly isn't better than RVD or CM Punk. And what the hell kind of match is a fatal fourway with Umaga vs. Shane vs. Vince vs. Lashley?? Its obvious Lashley will retain and their just trying to put him over but Umaga has been beat down for the last 5 months and any creditability they had of him being a monster was lost a long time ago.

Its just like WWE to push sub-par guys to greatness when you have so much better talent just waiting to be noticed. Their not using Cor Von, RVD, or CM Punk correctly because any one of those guys could be over with crowd way more than Lashley is. And would be better representation for ECW champion. Hell even Sabu would be a legitamite opponent for the ecw title if they actually wrestled like they were in e c fucking w.

As for RAW, give HBK the title, and have him fued with Edge or Ortan. As Cena's run needs to end, and an HBK fued with Edge or Ortan, perferably Edge would have some great matches in it. Better than anything Cena's done in the entire time hes been in the WWE.? smoking?

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9610 on: April 12, 2007, 06:33:56 PM »

Im not buying it.

Oh man not Sabu. no

Lashley vs. The McMahon's is interesting??!!!!

Its the same damn thing they've done way too many damn times. It got old a long time ago, and anybody vs. The Mcmahons should have been canned a long fucking time ago. Its the same old crap, rehashed over and over and over and over.

ECW brand sucks, they ruined it when they decided there would be non-extreme rules matches. Lashley shouldn't be champ of anything, the guy is horrible on the Mic, and is sub-par in the ring. The guy may be a "rising star" but he certaintly isn't better than RVD or CM Punk. And what the hell kind of match is a fatal fourway with Umaga vs. Shane vs. Vince vs. Lashley?? Its obvious Lashley will retain and their just trying to put him over but Umaga has been beat down for the last 5 months and any creditability they had of him being a monster was lost a long time ago.

Its just like WWE to push sub-par guys to greatness when you have so much better talent just waiting to be noticed. Their not using Cor Von, RVD, or CM Punk correctly because any one of those guys could be over with crowd way more than Lashley is. And would be better representation for ECW champion. Hell even Sabu would be a legitamite opponent for the ecw title if they actually wrestled like they were in e c fucking w.

As for RAW, give HBK the title, and have him fued with Edge or Ortan. As Cena's run needs to end, and an HBK fued with Edge or Ortan, perferably Edge would have some great matches in it. Better than anything Cena's done in the entire time hes been in the WWE.? smoking?

The Mcmahons vs  . . is repetitive but it gets people over every time without fail.

Austin, Rock & DX to name a few. And they believe in Lashley so its a natural progression from the Billionaires match.

I agree about ECW should be Extreme rules. For me it hinders potential great charecters like Dreamer, Sandman and Sabu not to mention i'd love to see RVD do the Van Daminator every week. And your right Its Not E-C-W.

RVD had his chance and blew it. He beat Cena clean  . . not many can say that. But he blew it. And as much as i'd like to see him be champ. I can understand Vince's frustration coz thats what he'd fear RVD would do all along and then RVD goes and proves him right, despite i'm sure alot of fans and people behind the scenes rooting for RVD. Plus with the Iraq refusal and holding out over a new contract . . really how could you push him?

And as far as giving HBK the title goes . . i think you all know what i think of that. If they want HBK to carry the company and the title for several months thats fine (personally i dont think he can but . . ) Giving the title to anyone short term is pointless and just buying time for HHH to return.

Whats the big match these days in WWE . . HBK vs Cena . . NO . . . Its HHH vs Cena and it will make HHH's victory all the bigger when he de-thrones Cena if Cena continues on his rampage of dominance. Everybody knows Cena isnt everyones fav. But he works damn hard and has now become the franchise player for wwe.

If he loses and wins again and then loses again and wins again  . . just to lose to HHH. Thats match wont be as big as if he keeps the belt.

Personally i'd like to see a Cena vs Orton feud at some point for the title. Maybe in between this feud and HHH's return

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9611 on: April 12, 2007, 06:40:08 PM »

RVD had his chance and blew it. He beat Cena clean? . . not many can say that.
He can't say that either.

Edge ran in and speared Cena, then RVD won.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9612 on: April 13, 2007, 03:44:20 AM »

Yeah but he still 5*'d him and pinned him.

Edge didn't spear him and RVD pinned him straight away . . did he.

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #9613 on: April 13, 2007, 07:24:12 AM »

It still isn't a spotlessly clean win. For example, at No Way Out 2004, Goldberg speared Brock Lesnar, and Eddie went for the cover only to have Brock kick out. A frog splash later and Eddie was champion. The way it was booked got in the physical altercation between Lesnar and Goldberg, but also made Eddie's victory not just a result of interference. John Cena hasn't been beaten clean since he turned face in late 2003.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9614 on: April 13, 2007, 07:34:12 AM »

Yeah but he still 5*'d him and pinned him.

Edge didn't spear him and RVD pinned him straight away . . did he.
Ya interfere, it ain't clean, simple as....
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9615 on: April 13, 2007, 09:39:24 PM »

Has anyone seen the current pics of Paul Bearer on WWE's Where are they now section? He looks real good compared to a few years ago

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9616 on: April 13, 2007, 11:59:08 PM »

SmackDown Diva Ashley will be out of in-ring action after the vicious attack by Jillian on SmackDown. Ashley has loosened a screw in her ankle that will need to be surgically repaired. The screw will be reinserted into a plate in her ankle ? a plate inserted last year after Ashley fractured her tibia and fibula while in action. There is no timetable for her in-ring return.

WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick were in action without their friend at ringside, and the duo spoke out on Ashley?s injury. ?It was tough going out there tonight without Ashley,? said Brian Kendrick. ?But we wish her the best.?

Paul London added, ?Ashley wanted us to go out and compete and hold on to the titles, and we did.?

THANK GOD!!!! yes

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9617 on: April 14, 2007, 12:00:50 AM »

Has anyone seen the current pics of Paul Bearer on WWE's Where are they now section? He looks real good compared to a few years ago

yeah  seen those photos. dude does look better....but a turd is still a turd.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9618 on: April 14, 2007, 12:02:08 AM »

yeah i was just looking at them, he looks great now

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9619 on: April 14, 2007, 03:03:55 AM »

just thought i'd post the Judgement Day poster, it may be alittle spoilerish but it's an awesome poster:

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: