Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828289 times)
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9520 on: April 02, 2007, 03:39:34 PM »

i payd ?15 because i love the sport more then anything i was expecting a matchs that would be worthy of wrestlemania as for depressed iam after watching a half arsed show with half arsed wrestlers even CM Punk was neer poor. WWE wrestlers have no idea how fucking lucky they are to be on the grandest stage of them all and they manage to fuck it up.

i was expecting matchs that i could atleast watch enjoying but no i get just another reason for why WWE is shit.

yur right about the kayfabe been stuck in the 80s but it needs to be brought back but its because of cum coverd computer smarks that it cant

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9521 on: April 02, 2007, 04:08:19 PM »

i payd ?15 because i love the sport more then anything i was expecting a matchs that would be worthy of wrestlemania as for depressed iam after watching a half arsed show with half arsed wrestlers even CM Punk was neer poor. WWE wrestlers have no idea how fucking lucky they are to be on the grandest stage of them all and they manage to fuck it up.

i was expecting matchs that i could atleast watch enjoying but no i get just another reason for why WWE is shit.

yur right about the kayfabe been stuck in the 80s but it needs to be brought back but its because of cum coverd computer smarks that it cant

You honestly believe that it would be possible for wrestling to run today the same way it was in the 80's? If they tried that business would run dry quicker than you could imagine, it would be impossible to run like that. Wrestling has evolved and kayfabe has almost dissapeared because it has. If wrestling (wwe/wcw in particular) didn't change in the mid-late 90's then the last decade of wrestling would never have happened and WrestleMania sure has hell wouldn't have happened either, not on the scale it has since the late 90's anyway.

I honestly can't see what was wrong with last nights show, sure it wasn't perfect by any stretch. The only things that could have been improved were match length and quantity.

I particularly take exception to your comment about wwe wrestlers not having an idea of how fucking lucky they are... Most of these guys (except the elite) work 300 nights a year, travel (on their own money and in their own transport) hundreds of miles from city to city, away from home every week, some of them in incredible pain for much of this time just for the mere opportunity to appear at a WrestleMania.
Look at the reaction of Tommy Dreamer at the end of the ECW match last night. Look at the risks taken by those 8 guys in match one and by the rest of the crew throughout the night. Wrestlers like Batista who has been phoning it in for months even decides to get off his arse and give probably his best performance in a wwe ring.

Any reason WrestleMania 23 may not have been good would certainly not have been down to the bulk of the wrestlers thats for sure..

you reckon you love the sport more than anything else and then make a comment like that?

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9522 on: April 02, 2007, 04:15:31 PM »

i would normaly debate about how you have no idea about how much other wrestlers have worked and not gotten the push that shit stains like cena get but i refuse to have a battle of whits with an unarmed man

oh wwe wrestlers have there flights paid for and a meal at there venue.

and i know alot of wrestlers who would do alot better and produce wrestlemania worthy matchs on shows infront of only 600 people ie Robbie Ryder

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9523 on: April 02, 2007, 04:28:39 PM »

i would normaly debate about how you have no idea about how much other wrestlers have worked and not gotten the push that shit stains like cena get but i refuse to have a battle of whits with an unarmed man

oh wwe wrestlers have there flights paid for and a meal at there venue.

and i know alot of wrestlers who would do alot better and produce wrestlemania worthy matchs on shows infront of only 600 people ie Robbie Ryder

But that is not John Cena's or anybody else on the WWE's roster's fault. Who gets pushed/who doesn't get pushed, who deserves to be there/who doesn't that is managements problem, the fact of the matter is that most of those who get the chance work hard (none more so than cena in the past 2 years despite his obvious flaws) no matter how good they are.

The abililty to work a fantastic wrestling match in front of 600 people in a town hall does not translate into the ability to have a top quality sports entertainment wrestling bout in front of 80,000. There are hundreds of incredible indy wrestlers who have more talent than 3/4 of the wwe roster combined but that is not what wwe is all about and you where well aware of this before you stumped up your 15 hard earned pounds to stay up in the middle of the night to watch a group of 'shit stains' you do not have time for.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9524 on: April 02, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »

MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SMARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

...Smark

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9525 on: April 02, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »

This battle of wits is a losing one methinks.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9526 on: April 02, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »

Wrestlemania, the stuff that dreams are made of.....mmmm.....overall i felt a bit let down, it was a solid event but seemed to be lacking that classic Wrestlemania moment, for me at least (And cool as it was i don't count the Jeff Hardy jump off the Ladder).

I think i must be the only one who hasn't gone crazy about Taker vs Batista, i found it to be fair decent but certainly not the match of the night.? Firstly i'll get the crap out of the way.? The Women's Title match & Khali vs Kane did not deserve to be on the card they both sucked, thankfully they did not go long.? What i found strange was how they jobbed Kane out clean, he really is being buried these days.? MVP vs Benoit was good but as mentioned before it needed to go longer dammit!? The MITB match was good but flawed.? The Hardy spot, and Kennedy's performance were great i loved seeing Kennedy and Hornswoggle interact is was pretty damn cool.? There were though too many in the match, i HATE the take a move and play dead on the outside for 10 minutes routine, sometimes less is more and i think these matches would be more effective with 4-6 people.? The ECW match was one of the better filler matches, guys got to get their moves in and it was kept short and fast paced, good to watch and a good yet surprising result.? Lashley vs Umaga was a really good match, i was surprised, these 2 had great chemistry in the ring and even without all the extra stuff i think they would of entertained.? Austin played his role well, it was great seeing Shane doing the Coast to Coast, Trump got involved, and Vince mannerisms, this guy needs to star in the next WWE Film he is so good.? Before the match when he was talking to his Grandaughter i was laughing so much it was great, but yeah this whole thing was put together well i was extremely impressed.? The Main Event was great to and easily match of the night, some good back and forth stuff to really get you on the edge of your seat, the only thing i would of changed is instead of having HBK tap i'd of had him pass out, ya know, for the effect, solidies the STFU a bit more and makes HBK look tougher, saying that both guys were made to look very good, as they were in the Hair vs Hair, they did a great job of protecting Umaga as a monster.? But overall it was solid but i felt it was missing that special something....

It was a good show but nothing more than that.

Jeff Hardy provided his usual bit of magic in a match that was full of spots . . which i think maximises crowd excitment.

Liked both main events. I think Undertakers match edged it, but it was very close. and i was impressed with the way Cena and HBK used the crowd in there match. Not sure i'm crazy about HBK tapping out. I like pinfalls in main events (except for submission only finishers).

I think HBK has been in better matches and i dont think its a classic like some people have been saying.

I really liked the Billionaire match. Entertaining. if nothing else. I think we should contact wwe for a vince cam coz his expressions always make me laugh.

Liked MVP vs Beniot

Hated Khali vs Kane although i understand the WM 3 reference in their match

Ashley vs Melina . . . London and Kendrick must wonder if being in playboy is more important than a 10 month tag reign

ECW match was good. best monkey flip ever and was impressed by Matt Strkers selling.

------------
----------

Overall solid PPV but no classics and probally will be remembered for Battle of Billionaires in the long run.

I think its funny that the two biggest stars of wwe's biggest and baddest stable have tapped out like bitches to John Cena at Mania.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9527 on: April 02, 2007, 05:43:35 PM »

I think its funny that the two biggest stars of wwe's biggest and baddest stable have tapped out like bitches to John Cena at Mania.

Ultimate put over really. Good review.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9528 on: April 02, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »

Ultimate put over really. Good review.

cheers.

Just think alot of people over react to Main Events at Mania. HBK vs Cena was not in the league of The Austin/Rock matches and personally i preferred the HHH/Cena match last year.

Not because HBK was in this one. But i never honestly thought HBK would win and therefore wasn't as special for me. As where last year HHH vs Cena it was a upset for HHH to tap. Also thats why i think the Undertaker match was interesting.

Oh and Stoned if HBK had passed out to the STFU i think that would totally de-value the main event. Mania is about winners and losers.

Personally i think if anyone actually thinks that Mania this year had a "Classic" i think they need to re-asses what a classic is.

Like i said already very solid ppv with all but 2 matches a 6/10 or more but no match reached that 9 or 10 out of 10 for me.

Well worth the ?15 tho.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9529 on: April 02, 2007, 06:24:26 PM »

I thought matches for the most part went above expectations: batista/taker stole the show... 15 and 0! ; mvp lived up to the initials, cena/hbk -right up there... and as someone wrote here - cant wait for cena to go heel and make the kiddies cry  crying

some minor complaints: no tag team title defense, no IC defense, umaga shouldnt have gotten it from jeff hardy just yet, edge out of the match too fast, and lil bastard didnt get the briefcase! beer

what i would've liked: benoit shaking mvp's hand at the end... this was like ricky steamboat vs macho man - technical and wow!
where was Brutus the Barber?? imagine him doing a drop in (yes we had sgt slaughter and ricky steamboat).. but it was a hair match.

cant wait for who's next for SD title defense - TAKER vs Boogeyman should be a good storyline match - yes i now B man cant fight but storywise - they both weird, and who is Kennedy going to go after?  i hope cena. hbk tapped to cena -  confused wtf!!!!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9530 on: April 02, 2007, 07:00:57 PM »

Oh and Stoned if HBK had passed out to the STFU i think that would totally de-value the main event. Mania is about winners and losers.
No, it makes the move look devastating and also protects Michaels more with the he wouldn't quit thing ala Austin at WM13 and gives a great reason straight off for a rematch, also, with that scenario he would still of been the loser.... Tongue
Evolution
« Reply #9531 on: April 02, 2007, 07:08:04 PM »

I was really into Batista/Undertaker last night. Pure sports entertainment!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9532 on: April 02, 2007, 07:19:13 PM »

No, it makes the move look devastating and also protects Michaels more with the he wouldn't quit thing ala Austin at WM13 and gives a great reason straight off for a rematch, also, with that scenario he would still of been the loser.... Tongue

To ne fair thats not true, the fact that the move has made both members of dx tap out at straight mania main events makes the move look devastating. If Michaels passed out it would have put him over more than cena which would defeat the object, hbk doesn't need protecting, cena does.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9533 on: April 02, 2007, 07:20:38 PM »

To ne fair thats not true, the fact that the move has made both members of dx tap out at straight mania main events makes the move look devastating. If Michaels passed out it would have put him over more than cena which would defeat the object, hbk doesn't need protecting, cena does.
hihi I guess that's the HBK mark in me clouding my judgment, never like to see my fave wrestler tap.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9534 on: April 02, 2007, 07:21:03 PM »

Why would they want to "protect" Cena even more than they already have? A few losses now and again wouldn't do him any fuckin harm...

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9535 on: April 02, 2007, 07:28:16 PM »

Why would they want to "protect" Cena even more than they already have? A few losses now and again wouldn't do him any fuckin harm...
There building him as a cross between the next Hogan/Rock.  The commentators said he's had the belt 20 of the past 24 months and i think the great thing about him holding onto it for so long is when he does drop it it will be really special.  He is getting better as well, he's had some really good title matches recently, TLC with Edge, Last Man Standing with Umaga, last night with HBK.....
Evolution
« Reply #9536 on: April 02, 2007, 07:29:40 PM »

The fans turning on Cena again can't be that far away. The constant push has left him with no-one left to beat anyway.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9537 on: April 02, 2007, 07:30:57 PM »

hihi I guess that's the HBK mark in me clouding my judgment, never like to see my fave wrestler tap.

Oh believe me mate, i didn't like it, they could have at least let him fight it a little more. Would have prefered a pin though.

Cena needs protecting because he is the golden boy and is still untrusted by many fans, if wwe insist on keep pushing him they have to relentlessly keep pushing him down peoples throats as being the best. HBK is and will forever be loved by the fans and can do no wrong in their eyes, him losing , even by tap out, does him no harm at all.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9538 on: April 02, 2007, 07:33:15 PM »

The fans turning on Cena again can't be that far away. The constant push has left him with no-one left to beat anyway.

I agree. I don't think it can go much longer, but that maybe just my feeling of hatred towards cena. He sux, why has this guy been champion so long?

You know him and hbk will have a rematch at backlash but I have a feeling their gonna put HBK as more of a heel. Now that he couldn't beat cena man to man he now has too use tactics a "good guy" wouldn't nessacarily use. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9539 on: April 02, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »

I agree. I don't think it can go much longer, but that maybe just my feeling of hatred towards cena. He sux, why has this guy been champion so long?

You know him and hbk will have a rematch at backlash but I have a feeling their gonna put HBK as more of a heel. Now that he couldn't beat cena man to man he now has too use tactics a "good guy" wouldn't nessacarily use. ?smoking

That is precisely what he was doing last night.

Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: