Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:37:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829707 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9320 on: March 06, 2007, 02:50:27 PM »

This should not come as a big surprize, but sports illustrated states the following in a recent artictle about the steroid scandal in professional sports:

"Kurt Angle, a 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler and now a star professional wrestler, received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandrolone between October 2004 and February '05. (Angle did not return messages left with his spokesman.) "

you can access the full story on the impending investigation of steriods in pro sports at? http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/03/06/rx.trouble0312/index.html

What do you guys think about this?? I was not surprized as I feel almost, if not all, wrestlers have used steriods at one time or another. They don't elaborate on the use of those, it could have been to help him recover from an injury. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9321 on: March 06, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »

i don't find it surprising at all and also the amount of interviews Angle has done saying the same things since leaving WWE is boring & stale

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9322 on: March 06, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »

theres less take steroids then you think and that comment was rather slanderus. Iam against use of steroids in wrestling and any drugs for that matter unless for a injury and its pescribed but i can see why people might take them...un like Hogan and batista who are roided up like fuck

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9323 on: March 06, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »

I think Kurt Angle is a walking steroid.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9324 on: March 06, 2007, 06:34:23 PM »

theres less take steroids then you think

Wrong again im afraid, very, very few mainstream proffesional wrestlers have not taken some sort of steroid/performance enhancing drug, this is  blindingly obvious to anyone who has had even a passing interest in wrestling in the past 10 or so years.

Back to the indy things, the fact that there is a thriving indy circuit now compared to 10 years ago is surely a good thing. And just because there are better athletes/workers in wwe other than John and Dave doesn't mean they would have made them any more money.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9325 on: March 06, 2007, 07:00:38 PM »

I'm telling you, thanks to the recent huge indy surge, some of us should get together and start one.

It's really not that hard given the right group of participants.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9326 on: March 06, 2007, 07:14:27 PM »

I'm telling you, thanks to the recent huge indy surge, some of us should get together and start one.

It's really not that hard given the right group of participants.

its harder than you think

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9327 on: March 06, 2007, 08:07:11 PM »

I'm not saying it's a walk in the park.

But the contingency I see here and there... I could probably pull something together.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9328 on: March 07, 2007, 07:01:36 AM »

After this weeks SmackDown and ECW tapings the current card for WrestleMania 23 is as follows....

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Batista (c) v The Undertaker

WWE Championship Match
John Cena (c) v Shawn Michaels

Hair vs Hair Battle of the Billionaires
Umaga (w/ Vince McMahon) v Lashley (w/Donald Trump)
Special Guest Referee - Stone Cold Steve Austin

8 Man Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Edge v CM Punk v Jeff Hardy v King Booker v Matt Hardy v Mr. Kennedy v Finlay v TBA (probably Randy Orton)

ECW Old Breed v New Breed 8 Man Tag
Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman v Marcus Cor Von, Elijah Burke, Matt Striker & Kevin Thorn

Kane v The Great Khali

Chris Benoit v MVP

There is also likely to be a tag team battloe royal of sorts

So far a pretty good, varied card.

Thats the good news, the bad news is that Vickie Guerrero is likely gonna be the new SmackDown GM.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9329 on: March 07, 2007, 07:22:44 AM »

After this weeks SmackDown and ECW tapings the current card for WrestleMania 23 is as follows....

WWE Championship Match

Edge v CM Punk v Jeff Hardy v King Booker v Matt Hardy v Mr. Kennedy v Finlay v TBA (probably Randy Orton)

Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman v Marcus Cor Von, Elijah Burke, Matt Striker & Kevin Thorn

Kane v The Great Khali

Chris Benoit v MVP

Thats the good news, the bad news is that Vickie Guerrero is likely gonna be the new SmackDown GM.

Thats not a bad card so far, i was wondering how it would shape up with all the talent in that mib match. That should be a pretty good match. I hope for the other tag team action they do a tag team turmoil, I enjoy that.

That is horrible news about Vickie, if its true, I think that will suck pretty bad. Though Long is getting old and needs to be replaced I feel Vickie would be a poor choice. On the raw side of things, a friend was telling me he heard Mick Foley is gonna be the new gm for raw, is there any truth to that? I would like to see him on tv again.?I also actually like seeing Bischoff every once in awhile, I hope he makes some stops every now and than. That guy in small doses is great, but when's on there all the time it doesn't go too well. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9330 on: March 07, 2007, 08:54:25 AM »

I actually think Bischoff is a tremendous on screen performer and should be utilised as such, but I think that will probably the last time we see him before his deal runs out. As for Foley, heard nothing about him being GM, but he will be on ECW next week, maybe he will have a role at mania after all.

Evolution
« Reply #9331 on: March 07, 2007, 09:59:30 AM »

Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

TNA and NWA have been working on ending their working relationship and the ramifications could begin as early as the TNA PPV this Sunday. Ending the relationship means that the NWA will take back their World and Tag Team Title belts, and that TNA will need to create new belts.

It also means that TNA will no longer be able to reference the NWA history as a way to add lineage and credibility to their World and Tag Team Titles.

The main problem with the working agreement has been that TNA has not been following many of the rules that the NWA has regarding using their name and titles. The main one being that NWA requires to know in advance when a title is going to change hands. TNA has not been notifying them of this.

A split has been expected for awhile which is why TNA stopped using NWA in their name a long time ago (TNA was initially known as NWA-TNA).

The original partnership took place because Jerry Jarrett thought that having the NWA name tied with the TNA name would give the new promotion instant credibility for their weekly PPVs (TNA started as a PPV-exclusive promotion).

This isn't anything new. ECW also broke away from the NWA back in 1994 with a famous promo by Shane Douglas that established the new ECW belt.

TNA will finally be it's own promotion pretty soon with a TNA Heavyweight Champion and TNA Tag Team Champions. Those titles sound pretty small-time to me so hopefully they pull out some major matches and angles to really give them a World Title aura. If you ask me, renaming and redesigning the belt to put on Samoa Joe this Sunday is a good way to go.

Anyone remember the rumour that Ring of Honor along with several Japanese and Mexican promotions were to sign a working agreement together, much like the NWA in the past? Putting the NWA Title on Danielson and employing a Ric Flair defending against the regional champions idea could make some new big names in the Wrestling world.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9332 on: March 07, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

Bad News Brown passed away  Sad

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9333 on: March 07, 2007, 12:13:31 PM »

WWE Championship Match

Kane v The Great Khali

Chris Benoit v MVP

isn't this a sort of spoiler?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9334 on: March 07, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »

hmm this maybe the first Wrestlemania i miss unless Londrick are booked!

and for some reason during Foleys promo i was expecting him to return to his Commisionar roll because he asked for his old job back

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9335 on: March 07, 2007, 01:47:32 PM »

Vince is gonna do all he can to sign Bischoff to a long term deal whether he uses him or not.

Vince doesnt want Eric going to TNA

If Bisch went to TNA and replaced Russo, They would absolutely compete.

no big deal about the steroids, Jose canseco was right about 80 percent of MLB players and u know most of the NFL players use them, Id say some NBA players, and most wrestlers do as well.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9336 on: March 07, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »

some comments to recents posts:

Backlund is so funny in tna - if ever tna signs Hogan i would love it if we get a Hogan vs Backlund match .... like 25 years late - since Hogan took Backlund spot in the Iron Sheik match that would lead to hulkamania

For orginality - well not exactly -but unexpected moves i'd say wacky Eugene is one to watch. Who's moves will he steal? sting splash, stone cold stunner, hogan, or the rocks.

angle should comment on the reports about his drug use and move on. coming up tna's 'roid PPV - angle vs steiner!!

how about new blood to tna  NOT bischoff, NOT russo .... and this macho man thing is dumb... what are they thinking?? fire kevin nash and save money. hire ROH prospects or wsx guys to take to next level.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9337 on: March 07, 2007, 04:00:14 PM »

WWE hasn't done much with Chris Benoit as of late because there are plans to move him over to the RAW brand after WrestleMania.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9338 on: March 07, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »

WWE hasn't done much with Chris Benoit as of late because there are plans to move him over to the RAW brand after WrestleMania.

Yeah, i heard. It's about fucking time. Undecided

I say after Big Show and RVD, Benoit could possibly be the next candidate for TNA. Angle really wants him there, but apparently Benoit wouldn't do that, because he's too loyal to WWE and has said that after he retires from in ring action, he will stick with the WWE and become a road agent, or a trainer or something of the sort.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 04:16:19 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9339 on: March 07, 2007, 06:01:10 PM »

kurt angle shouldnt do anything because of the steroids he should just get on with his carreare and not give a shit about things

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: