Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829621 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9300 on: March 02, 2007, 03:45:06 PM »

I hate when people talk shit about HHH.

He is one of the greatest in ring performers EVER.

his ability to make average wrestlers look great is a rare ability few wrestlers have ever possessed.

Due to injuries and age he has slowed some the last couple of years but in his prime, there were few wrestlers that could touch him.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #9301 on: March 02, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »

his ability to make average wrestlers look great is a rare ability few wrestlers have ever possessed.

I agree with that statment 100%... I mean every week it was like "HHH is gonna lose"!!! But then Ric Flair would come out and win him the match... So there were a hundred guys who, "almost beat hhh"
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9302 on: March 02, 2007, 05:32:59 PM »

U know what sound u hear when Bob Backlund starts talking?

Remote controls clicking to other channels all across the world.

Please TNA get this guy off TV. It was funny when Nash referenced him, but we dont need him on TV.

no way! Backlund is great!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9303 on: March 02, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »

1. Facebuster
2. Harley Race Knee
3. Clothesline
4. Spinebuster
5. Pedigree

HHH doesn't need to do too many BIG moves becuase he can get a good reaction by hitting his usual spots. I see what you are saying though.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9304 on: March 03, 2007, 02:26:55 AM »

Look at all the stars HHH almost single handedly help make.

Orton, Batista, New Age Outlaws, Chyna

When HHH gives u a rub it works wonders. His match with Jericho elevated Jericho's career.

He jobbed to Batista making him look great.

He has been a model wrestler the last few years.

IT isnt his fault Vince wanted him to keep the belt. Business was doing great and Vince felt he was the right guy to carry the company.

Like anyone would refuse such a push.

That being said, Even in matches he won, he always made his opponents look fantastic.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9305 on: March 03, 2007, 08:06:01 AM »

When HHH gives u a rub it works wonders. His match with Jericho elevated Jericho's career.

He jobbed to Batista making him look great.

He has been a model wrestler the last few years.

IT isnt his fault Vince wanted him to keep the belt. Business was doing great and Vince felt he was the right guy to carry the company.

Like anyone would refuse such a push.

That being said, Even in matches he won, he always made his opponents look fantastic.

He must be your favorite wrestler, at least you make it sound like he is.

Batista is only getting worse, New Age Outlaws are nothing, and Chyna was never that good to begin with. Though I will say I do like Ortan, though Ortan has wrestled all kinds of guys that have helped elevate his career. I don't think HHH single handedly made Ortan what he is. But I'll agree that Batista, NAO, and Chyna were greatly elevated by him, and would have never been anything without him.

Which match is that refering to?? I can only remember their title match together and if memory serves me I thought that match sucked the big one.

My main problem with HHH is his heel gimmick got old a long time ago and they kept going with it. And it got stale and boring. Finally they relized this last year and he was more entertaining than he has been in years. There was a time I was begging for him to go do a movie and get the hell out of wrestling for a little while, and every break he took and every title match he was not in made it more entertaining for me. But now right when i'm really starting to like him again, he gets hurt. Pissed me off.? hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9306 on: March 03, 2007, 02:22:05 PM »

most wrestlers can use the same moves and still get an amazing reaction withought killing themselves, HHH is one of them with what you listed but

Hulk Hogan

1. Hulk Up
2. Scoop Slam
3. Big Boot
4. Leg Drop

HBK

1. flying closeline kip up
2. Elblow drop
3. Sweet Chin Music

The Rock........THE ROCK!!!!!

1. Punchs Spits on hand Punch
2. Spinebuster
3. Rockbottom
4. People elbow

Jeff Hardy does the same with his moves but isnt good enough to get the best reaction as you know when there going to happen

1. Heel Kick Enziguri
2. Twist Of Fait
3. Swanton
4. Whisper in the wind

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9307 on: March 05, 2007, 01:52:54 PM »

Ok, people haven't posted here in a while,  and I feel like going on a rant, (which I don't usually do but anyways)

Anybody else think that, that pull apart brawl with Lashley and Umaga on last weeks raw was pretty cool? Obviously it wasn't as effective as the Angle/Joe scraps, but it was a pretty good attempt, and was awesome compared to the dull Cena/Umaga pull apart brawl a few months back. I realise that the "Cena hate phase" has passed, and the cool thing to do these days is to jeer Lashley, but I feel Lashley could be a half decent worker if he's given the right guys to work with. Im not saying Umagas one of them but remember his decent matches he had when he first joined Smackdown with Finlay? I am aware that Vince is trying his hardest to make Lashley as strong as a champion as Cena and Batista, but the blubberly Umaga is not the answer. He needs to work with guys that know what they're doing and can watch his every moves in his matches, as I just said Finlay was great at doing this. In other words Lashley needs a saviour, and at the minute there is no one in the ECW lockeroom that fits that description. (PS readers, such as Stoned will already be aware of this, but I wanted to say my two cents anyways, as I strongly agree with what they said last issue)  ok

Well I was planning to post a longer rant, but thats all I can think about now but when I think of something else to rant about, I'll let you guys know.  ok hihi
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:54:31 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9308 on: March 05, 2007, 02:16:48 PM »

It annoys me when guys like Lashley are on the roster let alone pushed like they are.  Yep as PS mentioned last issue his work with Finlay was great but that's because of Finlay, only Boogeyman, Khali kind of talent can have bad matches with him.

Let's look at the "Big Guy" thing.  People complain about having big roided up monsters, but, they are needed, that much is true.  They are draws, fans have always liked seeing big guys, but, you need ones who can work well with other talent and actually have personality.  When you are as berefit of personality and charisma as Lashley you need in ring talent to make up for it i.e. Chris Benoit.  I have said this since he came upto the main roster, he needs a heel manager and to keep his mouth shut with his vocal talents the fact that they let him speak at all is ludicrous.  Back to the Big Guy subject, big guys can work, true they will never be of the caliber of stars like Paul London, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels but they are not meant to be they are "Bigger" and as such have a totally different repertoire of moves, power moves, moves that get the big pops.

Plenty of big guys in the past have been competent workers, Bam Bam Bigelow, Undertaker, A-Train (The Hairyness and gimmick sucked but hey that guy could work!), heck Hulk Hogan could work back in the day.  Most people know, as a general rule i am a Hulk Hogan hater, but i have bought his Anthology DVD i have watched and re-watched his matches and hey he could be carried well and by many, 85-91 he was easily more competent in the ring than the likes of say Batista now and despite not being too agile and as many would say limited in his moveset, until he went to WCW and got lazy he wasn't blowing moves like so many people do these days.

Internet Writers and Supposed Insiders complain all the time that people are being brought up to soon and in general, love 'em or hate 'em they are right you don't have to be a genius to notice just open your eyes and look at how incompetent a lot of the guys they bring up are, they have the look but stink up the ring.  Big guys need proper training, the problem with WWE is not TOO many roided up freaks, it's TOO many roided up freaks who haven't spent enough years training and have been called up way too soon.

Back to Lashley.  The whole thing with him, for me sucks, even his theme music, something that is so important for any wrestler and says so much about them, it's dull just like him.

Thing is he's been pushed so much they can't just drop him now and this feud has to finish so, have him win this feud then have it emerge that Lashley was not Trump's first choice, have Lashley destroy Trump (Hey imagine the ratings) and align himself with a new heel manager, hell put him with Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von and have them feud with CM Punk (Trump's #1 Choice who turned him down...), Rob Van Dam & Sabu.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9309 on: March 05, 2007, 02:21:07 PM »

there is only one wrestler in the world that could work and make an amazing match with anyone and his name The Rock also if it wasnt for Hogan there wouldnt be wrestling today and sadly people like batista and cena are killing the buisness

BRING BACK ROCKY!!!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9310 on: March 05, 2007, 05:15:19 PM »

a) as great a talent as Mr. Johnson was he ws by no means the only man who you could guarentee to get a good match out of.

b) 'killing the business' in what way exactly do you mean this? if you mean business, as in wwe's business then no man has made more money for Vince in the last 2 years than John Cena, and I'd bet Dave comes a close second. Last weeks Raw telecast drew the highest rating since last June, WrestleMania 23 is already the highest grossing ppv of all time, WWE is still a hugely succesful and profitable company.

If you mean the wrestling business as a whole, the independent scene worldwide has never been bigger, stronger or worth more money, with ROH in the states, NWE in europe, 1pw in the UK and many more local feds in this country and the rest of the world, there is rich, varied array of grappling around every corner which is watched by more and more people every week. Then you have TNA which is/was slowly but surely ensuring that Vince could not rest on his laurels with an exciting new product in houses every week.  Wrestling, in all its forms is enjoying its best spell since the last boom period and bodes well for the future.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9311 on: March 05, 2007, 07:22:11 PM »

Raw and SD over the last month have been class and I have enjoyed both immensley.

Only problem is their non push of Beniot.

TNA's PPVs are amazing but their TV show still lacks a little.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9312 on: March 05, 2007, 07:33:12 PM »

Raw and SD over the last month have been class and I have enjoyed both immensley.

I agree....although the hype for the hair vs hair match is ridiculous IMO...

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9313 on: March 05, 2007, 09:14:01 PM »

the indy circuite is only at its best now because there wasnt a circuite 10 or so years ago it was all yard tard companys, batista and cena are comming into the buisness with a character and body for me to be at wwe level they should atleast have talent and character or talent and body. but yet batista who has a body and cena who has a body and slight character are holding down true talent such as kenny, carlito or even from AJ Styles been at a more famouse level.

and come on the rock had a match with goldberg and made it barable...if someone can do that they can walk on water

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #9314 on: March 05, 2007, 10:12:31 PM »

damn you could just hear the crowd erupt when austin's music came on
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9315 on: March 05, 2007, 10:14:21 PM »

damn you could just hear the crowd erupt when austin's music came on

I liked the little build up for it, even though I knew it was gonna be Austin, the build-up for it was still kool, bringing out Eric, Mick, and Shane before revealing its Austin. I thought the bit about Mick being there to ref a rib-eating contest was pretty funny.  hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #9316 on: March 05, 2007, 10:18:48 PM »

yeah the build up was pretty cool.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #9317 on: March 05, 2007, 10:33:54 PM »

God I love Melina.  No wait, Mickie.  No wait, Ashlee.  No, Melina.....etc.  If there's a heaven it would be me reffing a ring full of divas doing a naked battle royal for the rest of eternity.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9318 on: March 06, 2007, 09:35:05 AM »

So mick is gonna be raw GM again? it'll be cool to see him on RAW...i thought the monkey was Austin...just the way he left the ring. prolly was planned that way

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9319 on: March 06, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »

i just wish austin had hita stunner or at least talk lol but yeah the reaction was awsome, and i loved the foley part Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: