Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829949 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9260 on: February 23, 2007, 11:16:09 AM »

Oh and best of all... Curt 'Mr. Perfect' Hennig is in the hall of fame.
Its? a tragedy that he never held a belt in WWF. He should've been the Intercontinental Champion back in the late 80's when he started his Mr. Perfect gimmick. The gimmick would have been much more effective with him as a champion of some sort. They could've also given him a short World Title run.
I tend to disagree dude.

It was Mid-88 when he started with the WWF as it was.? Now i'll be the first to admit i wasn't watching wrestling then, hell i was like 3 or 4 or whatever, but, through the power of tapes and dvds i feel in many ways i have lived that era, i have seen pretty much every WWF PPV since 1985.? The gimmick was great and i thought they pushed him well.? When he first came in he was undefeated for a long time, they built him up well there is no need to rush guys to the top, which, is a mistake they make too often these days.? He was a GREAT IC Champion and also one of the greatest guys to NEVER win the World Title (Along with Ted Dibiase), but, i would not put the blame on Vince, to be honest blaming him for everything is so often far too easy.? He had a good feud years, hell in one Royal Rumble he was in the final 2 with Hogan, at Survivor Series he was the sole survivor, he held the IC Title twice and dropped the title in one of the best ever matches to Bret Hart at Summerslam 1991.? Now after his good few years as a top midcard heel the top would of been about right for him to get that main event push he deserved, but, the reason he dropped the belt in that classic match was because he was injured.? He was on the shelf for about 15 months, but, because of his immense talent they found a great role for him, he was Ric Flair's executive consultant (also while laid off over the years he did a GREAT job on commentary).

Now this is where things did go slight awry for him and the booking was lackluster.? He and Flair were split, someone had to turn face, he'd recovered from his injury so he turned face, and, it did not work.? He is a fantastic heel but as a face he just didn't work as well.? The great heels are guys like Flair, Perfect, Michaels who act cowardly and take cheap shots and bump like crazy.? This face run was short anyway since in Mid-1993 he became injured again and did not wrestle again until 1997 in WCW.? From what i saw and have read over the years, as they did with many guys they misused him.

In 2002 though he made his triumphant return to WWE in the Royal Rumble and was booked to look really decent, that performance/comeback is a personal favourite of mine.? Unfortunately he was sacked several months later for the "Plane Ride From Hell" incident and a year later died.? He was great and is a legend, but, when healthy WWE used him fairly well, unfortunately it was injuries that wrecked his career and his momentum, i look forward to his DVD though, with all his "Perfect Vignettes" and some classic matches it should be a must own piece of history.

Wrestlers such as Mr. Perfect, Jimmy Snuka, Don Muraco, Big John Studd, Jake Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Bad News Brown, Junkyard Dog, Paul Orndoorf,etc. deserved short title
Orndoff did that's for sure, if Roberts hadn't had so many "Demons" and "Personal Problems" i'm sure they would of given him one, although he was so "Over" he never really needed a belt.? Coming from a guy who likes to watch wrestlers and or entertainers i would never of let a belt near Bundy, Studd, JYD or Muraco.? The first 2 mentioned were pretty useless in the ring during that period, JYD was a great entertainer and served that "Position" well but giving him Gold, nah.? Muraco just seemed like a big dumb hoss to me.? (Sorry Loften if i have offended some of your all time faves Wink)

The guy who deserved a decent World Title run was Ted Dibiase, a fantastic heel great in the ring and on the mic, how he never got a decent run with it is beyond me, at least he was pushed around that picture though....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9261 on: February 23, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »

The guy who deserved a decent World Title run was Ted Dibiase, a fantastic heel great in the ring and on the mic, how he never got a decent run with it is beyond me, at least he was pushed around that picture though....

Yeah! Who else could have gotten away with creating his OWN freakin' belt!?

Have to disagree with you on Bundy and Studd, though. They were both usable giants and the Heenan family was so strong back then that it would have worked.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9262 on: February 23, 2007, 02:37:53 PM »

My recollection on 80s wrestling is very fuzzy (many brain cells ago), but I thought DiBiase had the belt for a brief period.  Andre the Giant beat Hulk Hogan when the referee's evil twin brother gave Hogan the 3 count even though his shoulder was up at 1.  Andre then immediately relinquished (i.e., sold) the belt to DiBiase.  Shortly thereafter, President Jack Tunney revoked the belt from DiBiase, holding that the rules provide that the belt can only be won in the ring.  Interestingly enough, Andre's relinquishment of the title was held valid - therefore, there would be a tournament to decide the new champ.  The final 2 came down to DiBiase and Savage.  DiBiase slapped the Million Dollar Dream on Savage, who appeared to be a goner in just a few more seconds - until Hogan came in and crushed DiBiase in the back with a steel chair (don't know what happened to the ref).  With DiBiase knocked out, Savage rolled on top of him for the 3 count.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9263 on: February 23, 2007, 03:47:30 PM »

My recollection on 80s wrestling is very fuzzy (many brain cells ago), but I thought DiBiase had the belt for a brief period.? Andre the Giant beat Hulk Hogan when the referee's evil twin brother gave Hogan the 3 count even though his shoulder was up at 1.? Andre then immediately relinquished (i.e., sold) the belt to DiBiase.? Shortly thereafter, President Jack Tunney revoked the belt from DiBiase, holding that the rules provide that the belt can only be won in the ring.? Interestingly enough, Andre's relinquishment of the title was held valid - therefore, there would be a tournament to decide the new champ.? The final 2 came down to DiBiase and Savage.? DiBiase slapped the Million Dollar Dream on Savage, who appeared to be a goner in just a few more seconds - until Hogan came in and crushed DiBiase in the back with a steel chair (don't know what happened to the ref).? With DiBiase knocked out, Savage rolled on top of him for the 3 count.
Yeah that's pretty much what happened and the tourny was at Wrestlemania IV and i really enjoyed it.  But because he was stripped of the title pretty much straight away he didn't really have a reign as such and like i said, the talent he was, he deserved a decent length reign with the belt on top....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9264 on: February 24, 2007, 04:28:45 AM »

Really liking the two world title matches.

Streak vs Title was always gonna be cool although i'm sure the build up will be better than the actual match.

HBK vs John Cena . . if ever a ring should explode it should be in this match. However considering the Atmosphere at the HHH vs Cena match at last years WM i'm hoping for the same atmosphere.

I think its a disgrace that Edge isn't involved in some way in the world title match coz he deserves to be there more than both Cena and HBK. But i like the play on HBK's return to the main event at WM angle vs the Dominant champion.

Its the 1st WM title match in years that i really don't give a monkeys who wins. I just hope we see more than 10 wrestling moves combined in both title matches.

What!!??!! Gnrfan actually praising something with HBK in it?? I don't believe it?!! rofl

Well i sort of praised it.

I also said the ring should explode and that its a disgrace that Edge isn't in there.

But to continue along my pro-hbk phase . . . I think it will draw big time. And if they can get the same atmosphere as last year when its at least half n half or more fans are for HBK then that would be cool.

I just hope if they give the "Main Event" (what a joke) the world title they let him have a run rather than just giving it him "One Last Time". Make it credible.

On the other hand if Cena wins . . they should have someone take it off him and give him a rest from the world title picture coz if possible he pisses me off more than HBK.

I hope Edge wins MITB again (although i dont think he will) and then after the main event crashes it again and wins it. I thought that was so funny last time.

And if you guys are wondering who i'd prefer to be champ out of the two "chumps" i would indeed go for the lesser of two evils in HBK. But i really dont care. I wont tune in for either of their segments. ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9265 on: February 24, 2007, 07:03:49 AM »

Streak vs Title was always gonna be cool although i'm sure the build up will be better than the actual match.

HBK vs John Cena . . if ever a ring should explode it should be in this match. However considering the Atmosphere at the HHH vs Cena match at last years WM i'm hoping for the same atmosphere.

I think its a disgrace that Edge isn't involved in some way in the world title match coz he deserves to be there more than both Cena and HBK. But i like the play on HBK's return to the main event at WM angle vs the Dominant champion.

Its the 1st WM title match in years that i really don't give a monkeys who wins. I just hope we see more than 10 wrestling moves combined in both title matches.

What!!??!! Gnrfan actually praising something with HBK in it?? I don't believe it?!! rofl

I also said the ring should explode and that its a disgrace that Edge isn't in there.

But to continue along my pro-hbk phase . . . I think it will draw big time. And if they can get the same atmosphere as last year when its at least half n half or more fans are for HBK then that would be cool.

I just hope if they give the "Main Event" (what a joke) the world title they let him have a run rather than just giving it him "One Last Time". Make it credible.

On the other hand if Cena wins . . they should have someone take it off him and give him a rest from the world title picture coz if possible he pisses me off more than HBK.

I hope Edge wins MITB again (although i dont think he will) and then after the main event crashes it again and wins it. I thought that was so funny last time.

And if you guys are wondering who i'd prefer to be champ out of the two "chumps" i would indeed go for the lesser of two evils in HBK. But i really dont care. I wont tune in for either of their segments. ok
Well from your point of view wouldn't you rather have....say Edge vs HBK than Edge vs Cena? Edge and HBK are 2 of those guys that has a good match with anybody so it would be good to see them together in a fued. Also that street fight they were in recently was awesome. I really think Edge will win MITB, unless Orton screws him out of it or something then goes into a mini fued with Orton, while Cena and HBK are still in the WWE Title picture after wrestlemania.

I agree with you about the atmosphere. Yeah it would be cool if it was the same as last year, but it wasn't half and half last year either! Cena got booed outta the building, and HHH tried to get the crowd to jeer him, but it wouldn't work.  rofl
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 07:06:28 AM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9266 on: February 24, 2007, 08:51:01 AM »

Well from your point of view wouldn't you rather have....say Edge vs HBK than Edge vs Cena? Edge and HBK are 2 of those guys that has a good match with anybody so it would be good to see them together in a fued. Also that street fight they were in recently was awesome. I really think Edge will win MITB, unless Orton screws him out of it or something then goes into a mini fued with Orton, while Cena and HBK are still in the WWE Title picture after wrestlemania.

I agree with you about the atmosphere. Yeah it would be cool if it was the same as last year, but it wasn't half and half last year either! Cena got booed outta the building, and HHH tried to get the crowd to jeer him, but it wouldn't work.? rofl

Yeah thats why i said at least 50 / 50.

I think HBK vs Edge would be a great feud but only if it put Edge strongly over. Not sure its a feud you could dedicate like 3 months to though.

Cena just needs to drop the title if he is ever going to keep any sort of respect at all.

Just dont think that HBK vs Cena is Main Event @ Wrestlemania material but maybe they'll prove me wrong

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9267 on: February 24, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »

It's all about working with what you have.

HBK vs Cena is fresh, both guys are way over and looking at the active roster it's probably the best draw.

Obviously Hogan vs Austin would outdraw but that isn't happening.

Although the match would suck and the merchandise sales would take a hit a Cena heel turn and match with Hogan would have been a TREMENDOUS draw.

I don't have that much of an issue with Cena these days, the guy isn't great but he works his ass off and doesn't deserve all this hate.  I mean people should direct their hate at the other 2 champions because Cena is waaaay better than Lashley & Batista.

Still the Cena haters have a good sense of humour...

hihi
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9268 on: February 24, 2007, 11:39:41 AM »

It's all about working with what you have.

HBK vs Cena is fresh, both guys are way over and looking at the active roster it's probably the best draw.

Obviously Hogan vs Austin would outdraw but that isn't happening.

Although the match would suck and the merchandise sales would take a hit a Cena heel turn and match with Hogan would have been a TREMENDOUS draw.

I don't have that much of an issue with Cena these days, the guy isn't great but he works his ass off and doesn't deserve all this hate.  I mean people should direct their hate at the other 2 champions because Cena is waaaay better than Lashley & Batista.

Still the Cena haters have a good sense of humour...

hihi

Yeah I guess you are right. Lashley is just plain useless and I thought Batista was ok, but he's become useless and stale after he came back from his injury. He should consider hanging it up now. Undecided

Yeah, the anti cena things you find on the net these days give you a cheap laugh, like these:

They're very imaginitive, aren't they.  hihi
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:41:25 AM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9269 on: February 24, 2007, 12:18:42 PM »

HBK will make a believer out of tou eventually Gnrfan.  yes

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9270 on: February 25, 2007, 01:44:22 AM »

HBK will make a believer out of tou eventually Gnrfan.? yes

The Jury is still out on that one.

And stoned is right Lashley and Batista are worse than cena . . but thats not a great yardstick in the 1st place.

I've never known three two wrestlers that look the part more but just have never delivered in the ring.

People like Edge and Benoit must be sick.

Changing the subject does everyone think that Kennedy is the likely winner of the MITB match. I think its either him or Edge.

Edge is undeafeated at Wrestlemania so i think it would be cool for him to Win it especially if Undertaker loses his streak

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9271 on: February 25, 2007, 05:52:55 AM »

Changing the subject does everyone think that Kennedy is the likely winner of the MITB match. I think its either him or Edge.

Edge is undeafeated at Wrestlemania so i think it would be cool for him to Win it especially if Undertaker loses his streak
I think you are spot on there.  Kennedy is being pushed to the moon and despite jobbing him out in main event matches they keep him looking strong.  Edge's chances lie on the fact that he has an undefeated streak as well.  Booker & Punk are unlikely..

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9272 on: February 25, 2007, 07:26:02 AM »

Ric Flair is 58 today.? Shocked

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9273 on: February 25, 2007, 07:30:18 AM »

I think you are spot on there.  Kennedy is being pushed to the moon and despite jobbing him out in main event matches they keep him looking strong.  Edge's chances lie on the fact that he has an undefeated streak as well.  Booker & Punk are unlikely..

Yeah, they'll probably do sumthing like Undertaker loses his streak, then Edge wins MITB, then he brags about him being the only guy being undefeated at Wrestlemania, and all, then Orton Could turn face and challenge Edge for the MITB which would lead into a mini fued with him for a while, then when the time was right, Edge would go on to challenge the champ, whoever that may be, and whatever brand they're on.

They even hinted a Orton/Edge fued in the future with that promo last week on Raw, when Edge says he'll take the back door to winning the championship and all. yes

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9274 on: February 25, 2007, 07:48:04 AM »

I think you are spot on there.? Kennedy is being pushed to the moon and despite jobbing him out in main event matches they keep him looking strong.? Edge's chances lie on the fact that he has an undefeated streak as well.? Booker & Punk are unlikely..

Yeah, they'll probably do sumthing like Undertaker loses his streak, then Edge wins MITB, then he brags about him being the only guy being undefeated at Wrestlemania, and all, then Orton Could turn face and challenge Edge for the MITB which would lead into a mini fued with him for a while, then when the time was right, Edge would go on to challenge the champ, whoever that may be, and whatever brand they're on.

They even hinted a Orton/Edge fued in the future with that promo last week on Raw, when Edge says he'll take the back door to winning the championship and all. yes
Yeah i see a lot of splits and changes coming.

They have a tag title shot monday i see them winning after HBK "Accidently" nails Cena.

Then i could see them dropping the belts soon after maybe after 'Mania when they fall out.

If you look at the other "Rumoured" MITB combatents, Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, plus the confirmed, CM Punk, King Booker & Edge.  Then in thoery the alst spot would go to an extremist and maybe a face.  Will RVD get another chance?  Could it be Sabu and where does this leave Orton?  With Cena's merchandise sales and HBK's christianity a heel turn from either is unlikely, maybe Orton will sneak in there.  Imagine if Orton won this and then straight after his "friend" Edge came out and cashed in the MITB, now that would be sweet...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9275 on: February 25, 2007, 02:23:42 PM »

Ric Flair is 58 today.? Shocked

and Maria is 25 today  Tongue

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9276 on: February 26, 2007, 11:26:59 AM »

For Wrestlemania Spoilers on the MITB match and Batista-Undertaker Title Match click "quote" to see what's written in the small text....

....Note: This is probably the best way for us to deal with spoilers, saying don't look below just prevents people from looking at the entire page on this thread.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- There will be eight participants in this year?s Wrestlemania Money in the Bank match.

- The direction of the Undertaker vs. Batista match has apparently changed. The original idea was for Batista to end the Undertaker?s Wrestlemania winning streak, but now, it appears more likely that the Undertaker will prevail at Wrestlemania 23.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9277 on: February 26, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »

For Wrestlemania Spoilers on the MITB match and Batista-Undertaker Title Match click "quote" to see what's written in the small text....

....Note: This is probably the best way for us to deal with spoilers, saying don't look below just prevents people from looking at the entire page on this thread.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- There will be eight participants in this year?s Wrestlemania Money in the Bank match.

- The direction of the Undertaker vs. Batista match has apparently changed. The original idea was for Batista to end the Undertaker?s Wrestlemania winning streak, but now, it appears more likely that the Undertaker will prevail at Wrestlemania 23.

Yeah,  I read that on pwmania.com  Undecided

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #9278 on: February 26, 2007, 10:37:12 PM »

for Donald vs Vince since they are getting a special ref. for the match do you guys think its gonna be austin? since they are trying to figure out how they will get him involved to this years WM. 
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #9279 on: February 27, 2007, 12:29:57 AM »

for Donald vs Vince since they are getting a special ref. for the match do you guys think its gonna be austin? since they are trying to figure out how they will get him involved to this years WM.?

God I hope so!!!

I rarley watch wrestling anymore (pretty much since austin and the rock have disappeared)... I was hoping Trumps guy was Austin...  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: