Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830247 times)
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9240 on: February 19, 2007, 10:21:37 AM »

Money in the Bank III has been announced on wwe.com, first qualifier on raw tonight edge v rvd

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9241 on: February 19, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »

No Way Out Results

Cena/Michaels beat Taker/Batista
Kane beat Booker T
Kennedy beat Lashley by DQ
Chavo won the cruserweight title
Finlay & Little Bastard beat Boogey big and small
Benoit & Hardyz beat MVP & MNM
Ashley won the Diva Talent contest
London & Kendrick beat Duece and Domino

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9242 on: February 19, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »

Money in the Bank III has been announced on wwe.com, first qualifier on raw tonight edge v rvd

yea i was very pleased when i saw that on WWE.com, i cant help but think that Edge will win that qualifier and maybe RVD getting another chance to qualify cause it would be an awesome match with both those two in it.

Oh, Did anybody else notice during No Way Out, when Vinnie Jones was on the people behind him started shouting "I Love Double Double E" they must have thought he was Vladimir Kozlov  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9243 on: February 19, 2007, 03:54:29 PM »

JBL did quite a good job at having to call the last 15 minutes of the show by himself.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9244 on: February 19, 2007, 04:02:07 PM »

having to call the last 15 minutes of the show by himself.

Why?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9245 on: February 19, 2007, 04:03:06 PM »

having to call the last 15 minutes of the show by himself.

Why?

cause Michael Cole lost his voice during the PPV, so JBL mainly talked during the end

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9246 on: February 19, 2007, 04:09:14 PM »

Mike Awesome passes away

WWE is saddened by news of the passing of Mike Alfonso, better known to wrestling fans as Mike Awesome. He was 42.

Mike Awesome's first major exposure came overseas, where he became one of the Japan's top stars. Awesome would eventually become a star and champion in America while wrestling for Extreme Championship Wrestling. Following his successful run in ECW, Awesome spent time working in WCW and later WWE before retiring to his native Tampa, Florida.

While in ECW, Awesome was a two-time World Champion and Tag Team Champion. His matches with Masato Tanaka, including a show-stealer at One Night Stand in 2005 were among the most memorable in ECW history.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9247 on: February 19, 2007, 04:35:21 PM »

Mike Awesome was great, there was a time where I loved watching him perform. RIP. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Evolution
« Reply #9248 on: February 19, 2007, 04:51:04 PM »

I couldn't believe it when I heard about Mike Awesome. I read on a site that it looks like a suicide  Sad
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9249 on: February 20, 2007, 10:32:17 AM »

So McMahon chooses umaga, interesting.
Also Edge qualifies for MITBIII

Oh and best of all... Curt 'Mr. Perfect' Hennig is in the hall of fame.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:46:56 AM by Borat » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9250 on: February 20, 2007, 11:55:11 AM »

R.I.P. Awesome.

Good to see Perfect in the HOF and word is a DVD of his is on the way, sweet.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9251 on: February 20, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »

yea it was good to see Curt Hennig announced.

Did anyone else think that Edge was actually unconcious during the end of his & RVD's match? he seemed like he didnt know where he was at the end of the match

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9252 on: February 20, 2007, 01:03:18 PM »

edge is the best actor in wwe i legit thought he broke sumit when matt jumped off the stage

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9253 on: February 20, 2007, 02:05:53 PM »

Its  a tragedy that he never held a belt in WWF. He should've been the Intercontinental Champion back in the late 80's when he started his Mr. Perfect gimmick. The gimmick would have been much more effective with him as a champion of some sort. They could've also given him a short World Title run.

In my opinion, that was Mcmahon's biggest mistake of the mid-late 80's era. He wouldn't allow title changes to happen often enough. From 1985-89, the Intercontinental Champions were Tito Santana, Savage, Steamboat, Honkeytonk Man, and Ultimate Warrior. From 1985-89, the World champions were Hogan and Savage. Thats fucking ridiculous. WWF had alot of talent back then to just let a handful of guys hold those singles titles. Wrestlers such as Mr. Perfect, Jimmy Snuka, Don Muraco, Big John Studd, Jake Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Bad News Brown, Junkyard Dog, Paul Orndoorf,etc. deserved short title reigns at least.

Mcmahon should've created a TV Title for the mid card guys to battle each other for. A huge federation like WWF having only 3 titles was ridiculous.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9254 on: February 20, 2007, 02:09:59 PM »

Its? a tragedy that he never held a belt in WWF. He should've been the Intercontinental Champion back in the late 80's when he started his Mr. Perfect gimmick. The gimmick would have been much more effective with him as a champion of some sort. They could've also given him a short World Title run.

In my opinion, that was Mcmahon's biggest mistake of the mid-late 80's era. He wouldn't allow title changes to happen often enough. From 1985-89, the Intercontinental Champions were Tito Santana, Savage, Steamboat, Honkeytonk Man, and Ultimate Warrior. From 1985-89, the World champions were Hogan and Savage. Thats fucking ridiculous. WWF had alot of talent back then to just let a handful of guys hold those singles titles. Wrestlers such as Mr. Perfect, Jimmy Snuka, Don Muraco, Big John Studd, Jake Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Bad News Brown, Junkyard Dog, Paul Orndoorf,etc. deserved short title reigns at least.

Mcmahon should've created a TV Title for the mid card guys to battle each other for. A huge federation like WWF having only 3 titles was ridiculous.

He was IC champ in 1990.? Wink

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9255 on: February 20, 2007, 02:26:09 PM »

Its? a tragedy that he never held a belt in WWF. He should've been the Intercontinental Champion back in the late 80's when he started his Mr. Perfect gimmick. The gimmick would have been much more effective with him as a champion of some sort. They could've also given him a short World Title run.

brush up alittle on your IC title history and you'll find he was the IC Champ and a good one at that!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9256 on: February 20, 2007, 03:08:13 PM »

He was IC champ in 1990.  Wink
I was strung out on drugs that year. Watching sports entertainment was the last thing on my mind.
brush up alittle on your IC title history and you'll find he was the IC Champ and a good one at that!
Well, I wasnt reading the shit from websites. Just going by memory. My wrestling knowledge(and interest) is in the 80's, which is the main subject of my post.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9257 on: February 20, 2007, 04:15:09 PM »

A huge federation like WWF having only 3 titles was ridiculous.

In that boom period, it was not necessary.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9258 on: February 20, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »

A huge federation like WWF having only 3 titles was ridiculous.

In that boom period, it was not necessary.
In my opinion it was. Its one of the reasons I preferred NWA/WCW over the WWF. Hell, when you ordered PPVs back then, 90% of a WWF card was non title matches, and title matches on TV were a rarity. Order a PPV from NWA/WCW, and it was loaded with title matches, and on TV you got at least one title match a week, sometimes two.

McMahon is lucky that Jim Crockett didn't have the sense(and money) to really go national, or WWF would have been buried.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9259 on: February 21, 2007, 12:09:12 PM »

Hindsight, what a marvellous thing eh?

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: