Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831063 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9100 on: January 27, 2007, 02:41:22 PM »

Thatd be a great idea...Taker vs Micheals ending the rumble...Wouldnt matter to me who won....I thaught Smackdown was quite good this week...I love Finlays wrestling style to

I think Finlays a far better wrestler than half the guys in the lockeroom, half his age. ok

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9101 on: January 28, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »

Prediction  time for the Rumble....You get to pick 3 people to win the rumble

Hardy Boyz vs MNM = Hardyz
Lashley vs Test = Lashley
Batista vs Kennedy = Batista
Umaga vs Cena = Cena
30 man Royal Rumble = Orton,Taker or Micheals

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9102 on: January 28, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »

Prediction? time for the Rumble....You get to pick 3 people to win the rumble

Umaga vs Cena = Cena

I would have to agree with that, except for the tag match. I'll go for MNM to win that one.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9103 on: January 28, 2007, 11:28:56 AM »

Prediction  time for the Rumble....You get to pick 3 people to win the rumble

Umaga vs Cena = Cena

I agree with all your picks - but that aint a good thing for wwe. so predictable - i'd rather titles change hands now!
test picks up win and he faces hardcore in a good feud between bad guys.
give kennedy title now - and continue his conquest of champions but drops it to batista on smackdown and give us taker vs batisa at wrestlemania.
cena loses but title held up so umaga doesnt get it - no champion. like both take the 10 count and lose? is that possible. then steel cage match on raw for the gold
i dont think orton should get the push - backstage attititude problems are not good... taker takes the rumble peace

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9104 on: January 28, 2007, 12:04:22 PM »

Here are my predictions:

Hardys vs MNM - Hardys
Test vs Lashley - Test (not too sure on this one)
Batista vs Kennedy - Batista
Cena vs Umaga - Umaga

Rumble Match:

1. HBK
2. Undertaker
3. Edge

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9105 on: January 28, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »

Ya the WWE definetly need to start changing things up again...I cant remember the last time Ive seena  heavyweight title change hands on smackdown or raw...They need to start doing that again

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9106 on: January 28, 2007, 02:35:55 PM »

my predictions are:

Cena vs Umaga - Cena

Batista vs Kennedy - Batista

Lashley vs Test - Test (by DQ)

Hardyz vs MNM - Hardyz

Rumble:
1. 'Taker
2. Orton
3. Edge

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #9107 on: January 28, 2007, 02:40:39 PM »

Umaga
Kennedy
Test
Hardyz
Shelton Benjamin

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #9108 on: January 28, 2007, 04:13:36 PM »

Hardy Boyz
Test
Batista
Cena
30 man Royal Rumble = HBK, Taker, Orton

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9109 on: January 28, 2007, 04:31:54 PM »

me and slash 666 have seen the future of the  X Division and  untill you see the 45year old Billy Morrison CANADIAN DESTROYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have seen nothing

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9110 on: January 28, 2007, 05:15:45 PM »

Hardys vs MNM - Hardys
Test vs Lashley - Lashley
Batista vs Kennedy - Kennedy
Cena vs Umaga - Draw
30 Man Royal Rumble=HBK, Ortan, Edge smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9111 on: January 28, 2007, 05:30:55 PM »

I can't believe we get to pick "3" possible winners for the rumble, hell EVERYONE knows there are only 4 possibilites....

...well 5 if you count Kevin Thorn.

MNM
Lashley
Kennedy (By DQ)
Draw (Cena vs Umaga)
Edge, Orton or Taker
Evolution
« Reply #9112 on: January 28, 2007, 06:20:29 PM »

Just got done watching the premiere episode of MTV's Wrestling Society X. I have to say, never before have I seen such a mix of high-flying wrestling, goofy gimmicks and ridiculous garbage wrestling in my life! It's so stupid and over-the-top and polished MTV, but I still want to watch it next week!

The idea of having a live band play at the start of every show is interesting, but I can't see the idea of adding the band's lead singer to the commentary table being such a good idea. That said, Zakk Wylde on show one was entertaining because of some of his calls. Upon seeing Syxx-Pac deliver a Bronco Buster: "I deliver that one to the wife every night!" and as Vampiro entered the ring, "Wow....look at the size of this guy.....wow."

On the positive, having graphics introduce each wrestler, along with his hometown, finisher and major titles won, is a fantastic idea. Half the battle of getting the more unknown wrestlers recognized is won before they even hit the ring.

On the negative however, they only have half an hour and it's main stars are Syxx-Pac and Vampiro. Also, their commentators are shit, and seem to believe Justin Credible was a former WWF Champion.

That said, I'm definately watching next week. They played a video of what's to come on the season, and any match that involves a Piranhna tank beside the ring and a massive fireworks explosion needs to be seen.

As for the Rumble!

MNM
Lashley
Batista
Cena
Shawn Michaels or Edge or The Undertaker.

I'm really excited for the Rumble match itself  ok
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9113 on: January 28, 2007, 06:37:50 PM »

zack wylde is a trained proffetional wrestler and has had a match with Christian Cage so i would expect his commentry to atleast know what hes on about lol

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9114 on: January 28, 2007, 07:19:53 PM »

MNM
Lashley
Cena
Batista

Royal Rumble

1.Undertaker
2.HBK
3. Big Show RETURNS! *just a goofy prediciton*

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9115 on: January 28, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »

MNM
Lashely
Batista
Umaga

rumble winner
Taker, Edge or Jeff Hardy(dnt ask me why jeff)

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9116 on: January 28, 2007, 11:35:36 PM »

For shits and giggles, I ordered the Royal Rumble. I hadn't seen wrestling in ages, so I decided to watch this. Damn, what a waste of 35 bucks. I didn't bother to watch any of the normal matches, just the Rumble. The writers suck, and the choreography stinks. Kane being eliminated like that was idiotic. I almost turned the tv off at that point. The second point where I almost turned off the tv was when that Kali dude came in and eliminated a shitload of people. It was obvious to anyone that wasn't brain dead that the purpose of that was to eliminate as many as possible at once so it would shorten the match. Of course, once he did this, it quickly got down to the last group of wrestlers.

I also got annoyed at how you could see certain wrestlers holding others in the ring when they were supposed to be trying to eliminate people. Too fake. They need to start rehearsing these matches for days before they occur.

What a crock of shit.

I wont say who won in case you guys are waiting to download it from a torrent, hear about it on Raw, or something like that.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9117 on: January 28, 2007, 11:40:12 PM »

To those that havent watched the rumble yet, spoilers are contained:

Well, the rumble was fun to watch as it usually is. I liked the way it ended, it seemed fitting to have HBK vs. The Undertaker. Khali of course sucked it. And a few other things were below average but the end of was entertaining. I liked Kennedy's match, the guy keeps delivering and deserves a push to win the title. The first match of the night was ok. It kept me entertained. Horrible ECW title match. Nobody watches ECW and at the Royal Rumble you have the perfect oppourtunity to get smackdown and Raw fans interested in ECW. All you need is a good, exciting match. And well it sucked. But what could you expect from Lashley vs. Test?? Well I expected better than that crap. I didn't like the last man standing match. Thats probably because i dont like Cena or Umaga. That and it just wasn't all that great. Though i was laughing pretty hard at some of the stuff that went on during that match.? smoking

For shits and giggles, I ordered the Royal Rumble. I hadn't seen wrestling in ages, so I decided to watch this. Damn, what a waste of 35 bucks.

I got lucky with that as I was able to go to a sports bar and watch it and only pay a 5 buck cover.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Evolution
« Reply #9118 on: January 29, 2007, 12:05:28 AM »

The Royal Rumble match itself was a pretty decent effort in my opinion. They paced the big guys entering quite nicely, what with getting Ric Flair out of the way early, Edge coming in #5 and lasting thirty five odd minutes, and Shawn Michaels coming in right after a few midcarders to pop the crowd. Finlay pulled out a good effort to be the longest man in there, at double the age of most of the roster. Also CM Punk got a decent run.

I loved the showdown between the veterans to end it off. Knocked the shit out of seeing Triple H, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio at it last year. Undertaker also becoming the first man to actually win from #30. Surely Michaels vs Cena is in the works for Wrestlemania? If not, Cena vs Edge vs Orton vs Michaels.

My only complaints are the amount of people who pretty much got buried this year. Kenny Dykstra, Chris Masters, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Carlito, Rob Van Dam, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and The Miz all should have at least had a small feud started off the back of the Royal Rumble. Only Kane and King Booker seem to have started something. Also, The Great Khali got booked like a monster, but at the expense of seven guys for god's sake. Khali isn't going to be around long-term so why have him beat up everyone at once and chuck them out like jobbers?

On the under card, The Hardys/MNM was an alright match, albiet it MNM now look pretty bad(having lost every major match in the feud) and Batista/Kennedy was OK due mostly to Kennedy's carrying of Big Dave. Lashley/Test did nothing for either guy and had a crap finish. Cena/Umaga was pretty dull I thought. Fair enough I had a pissbreak halfway through it, but I didn't see much weapon usage beyond the steel steps getting involved and the ropes being used in a pretty unconvincing way. The announcer table run was a damn good spot though. Where does Umaga go from here however?

Good call on WWE's part to have JBL call the Rumble though. He was excellent, particularly in calling the Undertaker's win. Looks like Vince has found J.R's permanent replacement?

On another note, found this comedy value video on good ol' Wrestlecrap. http://youtube.com/watch?v=fo8V6RLYK-4

What a bloody shambles women's wrestling is sometimes  hihi

zack wylde is a trained proffetional wrestler and has had a match with Christian Cage so i would expect his commentry to atleast know what hes on about lol

Where did you get that tidbit from?

Horrible ECW title match. Nobody watches ECW and at the Royal Rumble you have the perfect oppourtunity to get smackdown and Raw fans interested in ECW. All you need is a good, exciting match. And well it sucked. But what could you expect from Lashley vs. Test?? Well I expected better than that crap.

Sadly, it's no secret that ECW will never be treated fairly as long as it's underneath the WWE umbrella. They only got like seven guys in compared to Raws thirteen and Smackdowns ten. The ECW World Title means virtually nothing as long as Lashley defends it in poor straight wrestling matches and has guys like Test fighting for it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9119 on: January 29, 2007, 12:25:30 AM »

I loved the showdown between the veterans to end it off. Knocked the shit out of seeing Triple H, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio at it last year. Undertaker also becoming the first man to actually win from #30. Surely Michaels vs Cena is in the works for Wrestlemania? If not, Cena vs Edge vs Orton vs Michaels.
Who will Undertaker face for which title? They didn't mention that while I was watching it.
The Great Khali got booked like a monster, but at the expense of seven guys for god's sake. Khali isn't going to be around long-term so why have him beat up everyone at once and chuck them out like jobbers?
Thats the dumbest thing I've ever seen. If that was going to happen, it should have happened much earlier in the match. Just as the match was getting decent, he had to come in and ruin the vibe of the whole thing. As I mentioned earlier, it was obvious why they had him do that, and when shit like that happens, its hard to suspend disbelief.

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: