Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:30:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831453 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9080 on: January 24, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »

Possible Spoiler...But I dought it

Dark Match: Undertaker & Kane, with special guest Paul Bearer, beat Kennedy & MVP.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #9081 on: January 24, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »

Overall i thought it was one of the better raws of recent memory. The street fight was awesome and so was the end with a few guys coming in. I liked the short fast paced match between Hardy and Joey, and loved the kenny vs. carlito match. I even found the little battle royal kind of entertaining involving Cena. Man the crowd was going nuts most of the night and that helped a big deal. Especially in the street fight. Parts of Raw felt like taking a trip down memory lane, and thats a good thing. What do you guys think the odds of HBK winning the rumble are?? I don't see it happening, but I think it would be really cool if he did. And than put edge vs. ortan at wrestlemania, and end that storyline of edge&ortan vs. DX. And I hope when HHH makes his return, hopefully by summerslam, he comes back as a face. I liked the change, and was getting tired of seeing him as a heel.  smoking
Apparenly HBK isn't going over...he'll probably get screwed out of it by Orton im guessing. Although WWE could decide to put HBK over as the rumbles is his San Antonio Texas. I think that he may win the rumble or come close, but still get in the main event at Mania, but I don't see him winning,....as much as I'd love him to. Undecided

I think HBK will be the next to challenge Cena for the title. I think its the smartest move with Trips out who was going to be in the M.E at Mania. His performance on RAW was strong and now according to HBK the Showstoppa is back so if he drops the God act then I think he could have a serious run with the title helping someone young out in the end. The crowd seems to be into HBK.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9082 on: January 24, 2007, 08:04:44 PM »

I love face vs face matches.

Warrior vs Hogan

Hart vs Michaels

Hogan (He may as well of been a face) vs Rock

Rock vs Austin ('Til the finish...)

If we get...

Michaels vs Cena

+

Undertaker vs Batista

I think the build up and big stage feel of the event could give us two greats matches.

Latest Hogan rumours are better, one being of him vs Shane Mcmahon and you know it would have some crazy Shane spots in.

Also rumours are of Hardyz vs MNM in some sort of TLC Match, add in Londrick and things are cooking.

Also with spots on the card for Orton, Edge, Finlay, Booker, Kane, Kenny, Carlito, Kennedy, MVP, Helms, Cryme Tyme, Deuce/Domino, Benoit...

We may have a cracking event.
Evolution
« Reply #9083 on: January 24, 2007, 08:41:30 PM »

Hoho! It's Rumble time again. Easily my favourite gimmick match of the year.

This year all the entrants are already pre-determined which rules out any surprise entrants, barring any kind of Headbanger Mosh/Mabel 1999 situations.

Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Carlito, Tommy Dreamer, Kenny Dykstra, Edge, Finlay, Ric Flair, Chavo Guerrero, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Gregory Helms, Hardcore Holly, Kane, King Booker, Chris Masters, Shawn Michaels, The Miz, Johnny Nitro, Randy Orton, Montel Vontavious Porter, CM Punk, Sabu, Sandman, The Great Khali, Kevin Thorn, Undertaker, Rob Van Dam, Viscera, Super Crazy.

Out of the thirty, only Shawn Michaels has been hinted at being winner so far, although Orton and Edge seem to be teasing a break-up so perhaps Randy's getting the nod. I'm going to make my pick however at...Shawn Michaels winning. I called it first!

Reason I fucking love the Royal Rumble match are for the many quality moments they've provided over the years. You can't beat things like Kane dominating the entire Royal Rumble in 2001, even outlasting The Rock, to be eliminated by Steve Austin. 1999 as well was a great one for Kane. Coming in at number 18 and clearing the ring, only to be chased away by insane asylum workers!

Speaking of the 1999 Rumble, talk about a pinnacle of Rumble matches. First one to actually leave the ring and the arena itself and the only one since. People talk about Vince McMahon just booking himself to win it as one huge ego stroke, but I mean, where is the chase if Austin won just to beat Vince next month in a Cage Match?

Also, some rivalries are born at the Royal Rumble just in time for Wrestlemania. The Undertaker vs Kane three years ago, Brock Lesnar and Goldberg at the same one. Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels in 2005. It's been the setting for some pretty big stuff!

Can't wait for the match! It's the only reason I shell out for the event on Box Office  ok
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #9084 on: January 25, 2007, 06:10:23 AM »

I love the rumble too. Its one of my favorite PPVS. I usually buy 4 a year. Rumble, Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series. Though lately Rumble and Mania seem like the only ones worth buying. But I gotta have the big four the day of the event. I just can't wait for em. I dont know if Michaels will win. I hope he does, but you never know with wwe. It could be one of those things where michaels has to face edge at wresltemania for him killing his chances at the title. Though i see more of a Ortan vs. Edge at mania, with ortan making another face turn for it than Michaels vs. Ortan or Edge, that should be over by now. Hopefully. Are they gonna keep the money in the bank match??? I really like that match it gives mid-carders the spot-light. But I hope they dont include flair in it....god was that stupid. The last two money in the banks were fun to watch...i know its just a glorified ladder match but their still fun. I really hope they do it again and give someone a good push. Maybe include some ecw and smackdown guys in it, like CM Punk. Then the winner can get a title match on their respective show at the time they choose, instead of it just being a raw only thing. Do it like they do the rumble now.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9085 on: January 25, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »

I love the rumble too. Its one of my favorite PPVS. I usually buy 4 a year. Rumble, Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series. Though lately Rumble and Mania seem like the only ones worth buying. But I gotta have the big four the day of the event. I just can't wait for em. I dont know if Michaels will win. I hope he does, but you never know with wwe. It could be one of those things where michaels has to face edge at wresltemania for him killing his chances at the title. Though i see more of a Ortan vs. Edge at mania, with ortan making another face turn for it than Michaels vs. Ortan or Edge, that should be over by now. Hopefully. Are they gonna keep the money in the bank match??? I really like that match it gives mid-carders the spot-light. But I hope they dont include flair in it....god was that stupid. The last two money in the banks were fun to watch...i know its just a glorified ladder match but their still fun. I really hope they do it again and give someone a good push. Maybe include some ecw and smackdown guys in it, like CM Punk. Then the winner can get a title match on their respective show at the time they choose, instead of it just being a raw only thing. Do it like they do the rumble now.  smoking

The Money In The Bank isn't a raw only thing, as from last year. Finlay, Matt Hardy, and Lashley were in it last year representing Smackdown. Undecided

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #9086 on: January 25, 2007, 04:12:28 PM »

I love the rumble too. Its one of my favorite PPVS. I usually buy 4 a year. Rumble, Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series. Though lately Rumble and Mania seem like the only ones worth buying. But I gotta have the big four the day of the event. I just can't wait for em. I dont know if Michaels will win. I hope he does, but you never know with wwe. It could be one of those things where michaels has to face edge at wresltemania for him killing his chances at the title. Though i see more of a Ortan vs. Edge at mania, with ortan making another face turn for it than Michaels vs. Ortan or Edge, that should be over by now. Hopefully. Are they gonna keep the money in the bank match??? I really like that match it gives mid-carders the spot-light. But I hope they dont include flair in it....god was that stupid. The last two money in the banks were fun to watch...i know its just a glorified ladder match but their still fun. I really hope they do it again and give someone a good push. Maybe include some ecw and smackdown guys in it, like CM Punk. Then the winner can get a title match on their respective show at the time they choose, instead of it just being a raw only thing. Do it like they do the rumble now. smoking

The Money In The Bank isn't a raw only thing, as from last year. Finlay, Matt Hardy, and Lashley were in it last year representing Smackdown. Undecided

Ya your right i goofed but didnt have time to edit it. I knew right after i posted it that I was wrong, but was in a hurry to leave so didnt have time to correct. Sorry about that, I should know better!! I watch enough wreslting to get that little tidbit right the first time. Damn I look like an idiot. But that was already the case.? hihi smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9087 on: January 26, 2007, 01:19:16 PM »

I love the rumble too. Its one of my favorite PPVS. I usually buy 4 a year. Rumble, Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series. Though lately Rumble and Mania seem like the only ones worth buying. But I gotta have the big four the day of the event. I just can't wait for em. I dont know if Michaels will win. I hope he does, but you never know with wwe. It could be one of those things where michaels has to face edge at wresltemania for him killing his chances at the title. Though i see more of a Ortan vs. Edge at mania, with ortan making another face turn for it than Michaels vs. Ortan or Edge, that should be over by now. Hopefully. Are they gonna keep the money in the bank match??? I really like that match it gives mid-carders the spot-light. But I hope they dont include flair in it....god was that stupid. The last two money in the banks were fun to watch...i know its just a glorified ladder match but their still fun. I really hope they do it again and give someone a good push. Maybe include some ecw and smackdown guys in it, like CM Punk. Then the winner can get a title match on their respective show at the time they choose, instead of it just being a raw only thing. Do it like they do the rumble now. smoking

Ya your right i goofed but didnt have time to edit it. I knew right after i posted it that I was wrong, but was in a hurry to leave so didnt have time to correct. Sorry about that, I should know better!! I watch enough wreslting to get that little tidbit right the first time. Damn I look like an idiot. But that was already the case.  hihi smoking

No probs, at least you realised you made that mistake! rofl

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9088 on: January 26, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »

i know the buzz is about the Rumble, but anyone with thoughts as to who Christian will bring in (and it aint Joe)- i think Terkey to play up the old olympic wrestling angle with Angle.  peace

oh and lets hope the Rumble lasts longer than ecw's elimination chamber. like Kane doesnt empty the ring and sits and waits each 90 seconds or 2 minutes before the nect challenger comes in.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9089 on: January 26, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »

Christian I think is bringing back Scott Steiner. I read he signed a new deal so..........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9090 on: January 26, 2007, 03:20:37 PM »

i love watching promos for the rumble when they go "am gona throw 30men over the top" and they never seem to realise when saying it that there part of the 30 lol

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9091 on: January 26, 2007, 05:33:44 PM »

i love watching promos for the rumble when they go "am gona throw 30men over the top" and they never seem to realise when saying it that there part of the 30 lol

yeah i always thought that.

I would really like a unexpected person to win the rumble this. Someone who has never been World Champ before.

if that happened you could end up with a really cool storyline all the way to Wrestlemania. Just say someone like CM Punk won it or Carlito. You could then have a match for that WM spot at the next PPV and then end up with a 3-way at Wrestlemania. It could be champion vs strong challenger vs the young lifetime dream. I think it would be cool even if the winner of the rumble doesn't win it.

I will be so angry if HBK, Undertaker, Edge, Orton or Khali wins it. Every year the rumble is predictable to me . . well its at least between 2 guys. Lets mix it up

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9092 on: January 26, 2007, 05:52:34 PM »

i agree, especially about CM Punk but definatly not Carlito

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9093 on: January 26, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »

carlito is not main event material inmy ayes...hes an awsome wrestler but not main event for me.

my opinion on the rumble has always been thats once you win it that should be it. its about makin dreams come true at mania they should only have one shot at it!

i would love to see Punk win it but his push is kinda dead after hes arguments with WWE, ive also heard that some wrestlers dont like him been straight edge so he has some hostility Sad

i love CM Punk and hes one of the only guys who i think deserve to be in the top flight

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9094 on: January 26, 2007, 06:04:43 PM »

Undertaker or HBK are winning the Rumble

WWE is piss easy to predict.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9095 on: January 26, 2007, 06:05:47 PM »

HBK or taker wins i personaly cause a GNR riot from my bedroom in england! it can be aranged! lol

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9096 on: January 26, 2007, 06:09:59 PM »

i agree with wwe not taking risks. it would be super cool if CM Punk got the push or Gregory Helms continuing his winning ways and breaking more records - he is the real superstar of smackdown. smoking

the way it seems now might just be undertaker and then taker vs batista at wrestlemania. it wont be taker vs kennedy since had that matchup already numerous times.

or since in san antonio just may go with the local hero - hbk.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #9097 on: January 27, 2007, 12:25:12 AM »

I wouldn't have a problem with either HBK or Undertaker winning the Rumble. Both those guys deserve another Title run. Heck let one of em win and the other get a shot at wresltemania anyway. I think for main event matches Michaels will make a match against cena entertaining. And Undertaker almost always has entertaining matches at wrestlemania. smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9098 on: January 27, 2007, 07:06:17 AM »

Yeah, well  expect Undie, or HBK to win the rumble as they are they the only two that has been hinted on wining. (HBK aftermath of street fight on Raw and Taker  OTTRBR on Smackdown.) I think it would be really cool if it came down to HBK vs Taker in the rumble, for old times sake. If it were I'd say HBK would come out on top as it's in San Antonio, with Taker still getting his title shot at mania thanks to long or something. yes

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9099 on: January 27, 2007, 12:02:10 PM »

Thatd be a great idea...Taker vs Micheals ending the rumble...Wouldnt matter to me who won....I thaught Smackdown was quite good this week...I love Finlays wrestling style to

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: