Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:38:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832834 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8940 on: January 11, 2007, 07:23:22 PM »

Gnrfan, we know your arsy but that's just cos the WWE Game is gettin' to you, we know, don't worry Tongue

As for Shawn Michaels not being a great mat wrestler, he may not be in Angle/Benoit/Hart's league, but few are.? He is still damn good, Wrestlemania 12, Iron Man Match with Bret Hart showed that, it proved to fans that he was more than just a "High Flyer", because, by standards back then he was probably one of the biggest risk takers, and if a young Shawn Michaels had come along in the Attitude Era climate i think there is a damn good chance he would of taken these risks, unfortunately his body got fucked, whenver you mentioning him being "Away" you may it sound like he was skiving, putting his feet up, like he chose to just disappear.

In all honesty BOTH guys in question are past their best.? Both were better many years ago and did better moves, HBK isn't what he was, but he's still damn good, and i understand you may not like the superman comeback, but come on dude, when he's taking the beat down nobody sells it better, he's had more blade jobs than i've had joints hihi

As for people using Jeff Hardy's drug past against him, Shawn Michaels has had drug problems to so they were both unfortunate or stupid depending on how you look at it, in falling in to bad ways...

On a totally different subject.? I am lookin' forward to Vladimir Kozlov, i'm a sucker for a goofy gimmick, and the "I love Double Double E" cracks me up every time..... Cheesy
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8941 on: January 11, 2007, 07:26:42 PM »

in IWF when jody flech wrestled he did some amazing high risk moves and all we could talk about was Joey Wrights elbow drop ?Grin

you cant call wrestler for taking his time wile drug and alcohol abuse wile on a GnR forum Tongue

HBK realy can wrestle

Goldberg didnt dead lift Big Show...i would put forward the point that anyone in wwe could suplex show....not many could kick him in the jaw

AJ has 1 of the 3ways for wwe....talent!....he fails in the other to of a huge body or character
jeff has none of the above

people like jeff hardy are killing wrestling the same goes for people like jack evens and possably even PAC

there killing it because when HBK got into the buisness you needed to be talented and have charisma

now people need to go through tables

then they wanna see the tables on fire

next the tables will have needles infected by aids onthem!

the same goes with top rope moves

jeff did a swanton everyone is :O he did a flip

then someone comes a long does a 450...fuck the guy who did the flip

then 2flips....fuck the guy who did 1 and a half..2FLIPS!!!

then some one dies doin 3flips....people are like damn that wuda been awsome

some one does 3flips fuck!!!!!!!!!! 3fucking flips...fuck 2flips pissy

no 1 is ever gona do 7flips...so what happens when they get to 6?

yeah a forgot to mention before i posted it that the reason we where all talking about Joeys elbow drop was cos he hit his head on the light above lol
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:30:09 PM by sweet616 » Logged

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8942 on: January 11, 2007, 07:34:14 PM »

he's had more blade jobs than i've had joints hihi

and thats alot of joints!? yes

On a totally different subject.? I am lookin' forward to Vladimir Kozlov, i'm a sucker for a goofy gimmick, and the "I love Double Double E" cracks me up every time..... Cheesy

I love Kozlov already, whenever he talks i instantly think "its Ivan Drago from Rocky 3" lol, but man he better debut soon so i can get some points outta him in the WWE Singles game? hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #8943 on: January 11, 2007, 09:28:06 PM »

Ivan Drago is from Rocky 4, fool!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8944 on: January 11, 2007, 09:47:37 PM »

no one can ever convince me that HBK is a good wrestler . . . Never! he just isn't. Bret made HBK look good in that Iron Man Match thats all.

HBK has the odd moment of brilliance . . thats it. just like Jeff. He may not be the best ever but he is an essential part of wrestling.

as far as WWE goes my favourite match of all time is Bulldog vs Hart at Summerslam but after that the TLC matches take it for me and thats why i like people like edge and jeff hardy coz to me they have put on matches that people still talk about.

I can honestly say the only match that sticks out as awesome with HBK was him and Razor in the ladder match and him vs taker in a cell. and thats my point. Him and jeff are similar in the sense that they need gimmicks to pull off great matches. as where people like RVD, Styles, Bret Hart, Angle etc dont they just go out and do what they do and its usually better than what HBK can produce

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8945 on: January 11, 2007, 09:57:28 PM »

getting off the HBK thing.

What does everyone make of this VKM thing coz i just think its stupid! It takes away from all the good TNA has to offer and because they are on it means we are deprieved of people like Alex Shelly and Jay Lethal on a regular basis.

Even Raven!

Does anyone else think that HHH's injury makes it nearly impossible to continue their ridiculas quest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpx0FSyLPZQ&mode=related&search=

apprently they set a challenge and loads of fans turned up, and no one showed and the fans apprently got pissed.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 09:59:53 PM by Gnrfan » Logged

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8946 on: January 12, 2007, 06:09:06 AM »

Voodoo KIN MAFIA!!! ALL THE WAY!!!

DX Sees And Desease

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8947 on: January 12, 2007, 08:59:29 AM »

is that Road Dogg and Billy Gunn in TnA?

and is the Abyss that Mideon Guy?

and is Runt actually Spike Dudley?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8948 on: January 12, 2007, 09:04:18 AM »

is that Road Dogg and Billy Gunn in TnA?
Yes

and is the Abyss that Mideon Guy?
rofl rofl No

and is Runt actually Spike Dudley?
Yes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8949 on: January 12, 2007, 09:06:49 AM »

Absyss is an old wrestler though? ihe looks familiar and who was that dealer dude in the poker game? he looks and sounds familiar too. I saw this for the first time last night BTW if you cant tell hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8950 on: January 12, 2007, 09:14:02 AM »

Absyss is an old wrestler though?
Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyss_%28wrestler%29
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8951 on: January 12, 2007, 09:15:56 AM »

thanks stoned....im amazed that Vince hasnt sued over his image...he looks a tiny bit like Mankind hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8952 on: January 12, 2007, 09:19:39 AM »

thanks stoned....im amazed that Vince hasnt sued over his image...he looks a tiny bit like Mankind hihi
He's Mankind/Kane's lovechild Cheesy
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8953 on: January 12, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »

is that the big secret that his manager threatened to reveal? hihi

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8954 on: January 12, 2007, 10:06:26 AM »

I'm sure HHH and HBK have nothing else to do except fight those two.? Roll Eyes

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Evolution
« Reply #8955 on: January 12, 2007, 10:24:41 AM »

Jeff cant talk!!!
neither can AJ Styles or Chris Beniot . . . maybe they suck too Roll Eyes

AJ Styles can definately talk. His babyface promos and interview were pretty cheesy, but since his heel turn his mic work has been pretty damn good in my opinion. He has the spoilt brat face down perfectly. I would like to see TNA add more of him believing his own hype into the character. Tenay and West LOVED him all throughout 2005 and 2006 and put him over whenever he appeared, so why not have him use that. I like the way they left the door open to reform the tag team with Christopher Daniels too.

Absyss is an old wrestler though? ihe looks familiar and who was that dealer dude in the poker game? he looks and sounds familiar too. I saw this for the first time last night BTW if you cant tell hihi

I think the dealer you mean is Balls Mahoney. He was an ECW original and actually wrestled briefly for the WWF as Xanta Claus.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8956 on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:22 AM »

Ivan Drago is from Rocky 4, fool!

my bad!

What does everyone make of this VKM thing coz i just think its stupid! It takes away from all the good TNA has to offer and because they are on it means we are deprieved of people like Alex Shelly and Jay Lethal on a regular basis.

Even Raven!

Does anyone else think that HHH's injury makes it nearly impossible to continue their ridiculas quest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpx0FSyLPZQ&mode=related&search=

apprently they set a challenge and loads of fans turned up, and no one showed and the fans apprently got pissed.

i think its stupid what TNA are doing with VKM, its easy to tell there just doing it to get more publicity and try to make everyone hate DX & WWE. Also the fact that VKM didn't even show up themselves proves the fact they only talk the talk. Ever since TNA has started doing this has made me watch TNA less and made it obvious that they are getting more pathetic since Vince Russo went back to them

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8957 on: January 12, 2007, 12:14:52 PM »

no one can ever convince me that HBK is a good wrestler . . . Never! he just isn't. Bret made HBK look good in that Iron Man Match thats all.
He's had more than just that match, he doesn't need a gimmick match for a great performance and don't say it's all down to his opponent, there's only so much carrying you can do for 60 minutes, both guys worked their asses off.

He's also had numerous other great matches with no gimmick involved. ?Fighting Angle & Jericho at recent Wrestlemania's. ?Taking on Triple H on the last RAW show of the year a few years back. ?During the Gold Rush Tournament he and Shelton Benjamin probably had tv match of the year. ?Back during his first title reign he "Carried" Sid, Bulldog & Vader to some great matches and also fought Mankind at Mind Games in what Foley describes at the BEST match of HIS career. ?A guy who made a career out of doing hardcore crazy ass stunts and he picks a one-on-one match with HBK as his fave. ?I still think your issue is with HBK as a person and you are letting that cloud your judgement but we can agree to disagree i'm obviously never gonna convince you.

Since you like all the high flying stuff, Jeff Hardy.....eat your heart out Tongue

is that the big secret that his manager threatened to reveal? hihi
Kind of, think 3 way and Paul Bearer nervous nervous
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8958 on: January 12, 2007, 12:56:01 PM »

it takes no skill to jump off a 20foot ladder...to do a wrist lock takes slightly more

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #8959 on: January 12, 2007, 01:06:57 PM »

The Angle/HBK matches they had I think were the 3 best matches I've ever seen...I remember watching one opf the matches at a buddies and weve never been on the edge of our seats or so into a match before

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: