Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:20:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832630 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #8840 on: January 07, 2007, 01:35:55 PM »

This hasn't been well mentioned at all on tv, but do everyone know that the tag titles are actually on the line?  DX as tag champs  Undecided

Short reign then lose to WGTT??
I thought that, then thought, chances are they would not want to job to them even by a screwjob 20 man run in finish.

Kinda makes you wonder if DX will win tonight, though I don't see RKO winning, I also don't see having DX as Tag Champs. But as I said a month ago you can't have RKO look like reject wrestlers that belong in OVW at Survivor series than have them be competiters with DX imediatly afterwards, I don't like it. I really wish they would really bring back the tag division, no way should RKO be tag champs. As entertaining as they are and as much as I would miss it, I also think its time for DX to end again because there's just no one for them to go against, and the rest of the show just seems to be lacking. RKO, Edge, HHH and HBK is way too much talent to have in a tag match. They should be single competitors again, not tag teams and in the world championship hunt and than they can fire Umaga. smoking

Yeah, i think the wwe realised that, with MNM and the Hardys...if only they could realise the same with HBK, HHH, Edge, and RKO. Undecided

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #8841 on: January 07, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »

This hasn't been well mentioned at all on tv, but do everyone know that the tag titles are actually on the line? DX as tag champs Undecided

Short reign then lose to WGTT??
I thought that, then thought, chances are they would not want to job to them even by a screwjob 20 man run in finish.

Kinda makes you wonder if DX will win tonight, though I don't see RKO winning, I also don't see having DX as Tag Champs. But as I said a month ago you can't have RKO look like reject wrestlers that belong in OVW at Survivor series than have them be competiters with DX imediatly afterwards, I don't like it. I really wish they would really bring back the tag division, no way should RKO be tag champs. As entertaining as they are and as much as I would miss it, I also think its time for DX to end again because there's just no one for them to go against, and the rest of the show just seems to be lacking. RKO, Edge, HHH and HBK is way too much talent to have in a tag match. They should be single competitors again, not tag teams and in the world championship hunt and than they can fire Umaga. smoking

Yeah, i think the wwe realised that, and decided to keep MNM and the Hardys and singles competitors.

I still belive the Hardys could make a better tag team but I understand using them as singles competitors too cuz their not to bad at that either. I won't comment on MNM, everyone should know how i feel about them by now.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8842 on: January 07, 2007, 02:42:47 PM »

This hasn't been well mentioned at all on tv, but do everyone know that the tag titles are actually on the line?? DX as tag champs? Undecided

Yep titles are on the line! J.R said on Raw

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #8843 on: January 07, 2007, 03:58:55 PM »

This hasn't been well mentioned at all on tv, but do everyone know that the tag titles are actually on the line?  DX as tag champs  Undecided

Yep titles are on the line! J.R said on Raw

Cant wait 4 tha DX team RKO match!
HBK is my fav wrestler of all time, and even though Im not a big fan of DX I'd like to see them win tonight for HBK's sake as he's been back since 2002 and he has only held the World title, and only for a month. It would be nice to see him as a champion again. yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8844 on: January 07, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »

Wow, it seems that the Donald Trump/Vince McMahon angle may actually happen. I thought it was a joke.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #8845 on: January 07, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »

Wow, it seems that the Donald Trump/Vince McMahon angle may actually happen. I thought it was a joke.

Yeah, me too.  Undecided

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #8846 on: January 07, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »

I was hoping it was a joke, but WWE loves to do stupid gimmicks, so we should have known better? hihi smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #8847 on: January 07, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »

I was hoping it was a joke, but WWE loves to do stupid gimmicks, so we should have known better  hihi smoking

This could have been a good gimmick...if they brought in the right person...but why donald trump???!!!
My prediction is the match will end up being sumthing like:

Viscera w McMahon vs Rosie O' Donnell w Trump  hihi rofl

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8848 on: January 07, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »

I was hoping it was a joke, but WWE loves to do stupid gimmicks, so we should have known better? hihi smoking

This could have been a good gimmick...if they brought in the right person...but why donald trump???!!!

Viscera w McMahon vs Rosie O' Donnell w Trump? hihi rofl

Maybe it could be a Sumo Match a la Wrestlemania 21.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #8849 on: January 07, 2007, 05:12:22 PM »

I was hoping it was a joke, but WWE loves to do stupid gimmicks, so we should have known better  hihi smoking

Viscera w McMahon vs Rosie O' Donnell w Trump  hihi rofl

Maybe it could be a Sumo Match a la Wrestlemania 21.

I try to block that out of my mind as if it never happened.

I wonder how they'll do it though, I hope they dont do it with Trump "buying" a wrestler to be in his corner ala Ted Dibiase. The roster itself is kinda weak so its going to be interesting what wrestler's they'll choose to be part of it. Its going to be on wrestlemania, and I'll be forced to watch so i might as well look at the bright side and hope they pick some decent guys.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8850 on: January 07, 2007, 05:32:06 PM »

I'll say:

DX
Mickie James
Jeff Hardy
Carlito
Kenny
and as for Cena/Umaga, either Cena will win (maybe not cleanly...) or it will be a double DQ/countout/no contest or some such thing.

I'll go for:

Umaga (not sure he'll win title tho)
DX
Hardy
Mickie James
Kenny
Carlito (the only dead cert)

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8851 on: January 07, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »

do you guys think Triple H really hut his knee or did he just sell it well?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8852 on: January 07, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »

do you guys think Triple H really hut his knee or did he just sell it well?
X Sign = Really Hurt.

He's in big trouble.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8853 on: January 07, 2007, 10:35:38 PM »

didnt see them use the x sign but looks like some time out for HHH, maybe thats why they finished the match like they did?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8854 on: January 07, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »

didnt see them use the x sign but looks like some time out for HHH, maybe thats why they finished the match like they did?
Referee used the X Sign which means he's fucked.

Plus you could tell by the way HBK was talking to him and the ref was.

Plus there is one thing selling, but hell he could barely perform the moves...

.....a roll up?

I understand the need to protect Umaga and Cena....

...but...

....a roll up Shocked

Match of the Night:? D-X vs Rated RKO, Great match and they made up for the cheap finish by the spectacular blood bath that followed.....

Awesome to see Lance Cade on PPV to, my life is now complete Tongue

Sign of the times....or Sign you don't have enough tag teams......Duggan & Super Crazy.... Roll Eyes

Pointless filler...Masters vs Carlito.

Cage Match was a let down for me to, 'twas okay but i expected more, seemed predictable and anti-climatic, and i hate the whole bullshit of them making out they'd never seen that finish before, it's not new, it was cool the first time but really, creative should get thinking a bit more.

Women's Title Match.....Toilet Break

Overall...an "ok" show

Edit:

Triple H suffered an injury during his match against Rated-RKO at New Year's Revolution. The preliminary diagnosis is a possible quadriceps tear. Triple H will be flown to Birmingham, Ala. in the morning to be evaluated by Dr. James Andrews.

WWE.com will have more on Triple H's injury Monday afternoon. 

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:46:26 PM by Stoned » Logged
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8855 on: January 07, 2007, 10:49:02 PM »

the main problems with PPVs these days are that the moves & finishers are very predictable & the build up to the feuds are bad, they need to do them like they did in the attitude era it would also make Raw/SD more dynamic

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8856 on: January 07, 2007, 11:03:36 PM »

this is off WWE.com:

Triple H injured
Written: January 7, 2007

Triple H suffered an injury during his match against Rated-RKO at New Year's Revolution. The preliminary diagnosis is a possible quadriceps tear. Triple H will be flown to Birmingham, Ala. in the morning to be evaluated by Dr. James Andrews.

WWE.com will have more on Triple H's injury Monday afternoon.

he could be out for eight months!  Shocked Cry

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8857 on: January 08, 2007, 10:17:04 AM »

What a Shit PPV.

The Cena match was a joke. We didn't see both their finishers! and then ending it with a roll up. Do me a favour. Your telling me HHH, HBK, Kane and all the rest couldn't Roll up Umaga. I think Cena is just Aweful. I thought Umaga was quite entertainig last night and in the end i was hoping he'd win.

The Carlito Match was another Roll up victory. When are they gonna really push Carlito?

The DX match was boring as hell untill the screw up and Micheals took matters into his own hands (yes thats right i'm praising HBK) i know the injury fucked up the match . . but things like Randy orton running in with a chair and not making it so running out is just silly, why would he care if they got DQ'd they would stil hold the titles. Love the HBK save and elbow drop. But a big mess for 4 top superstars.

Womens championship . . Please. Unless one pops out there isn't much to watch really is there hihi

Love Cryme Tyme and TWGTT. I think that could be a really cool Feud.

I think Nitro and Hardy are both awesome performers loved the ending of that match. I like the fact that its gonna be the Hardys vs MNM again.

Give the IC title to Kenny i say. I liked his and flairs match.

Anyone think that at WM we could have this match:

Kendrick and London vs MNM vs The Hardys vs TWGTT vs Idol & James vs Cryme Tyme vs Regal & Taylor (TLC) For undisputed best tag team in the world

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8858 on: January 08, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »

but things like Randy orton running in with a chair and not making it so running out is just silly
rofl

Can't believe i forgot that, it looked so random, it was as if they'd screwed up and Orton wasn't meant to run-in.  You know like the guys in the back had told the referee no plans to finish the match, he told Orton, then they changed there minds again so the referee told Orton just as he was gonna use the chair so he just legged it out of the ring, it just looked so damn odd....

Kendrick and London vs MNM vs The Hardys vs TWGTT vs Idol & James vs Cryme Tyme vs Regal & Taylor (TLC) For undisputed best tag team in the world

Londrick vs MNM vs The Hardyz vs TWGTT TLC Match (Fixed)  ok

Firstly you would not want anymore teams it would be too crowded and would wreck the match, way too confusing and annoying.

Secondly Cryme Tyme are amusing but they are shoddy in the ring.

Idol Stevens & KC James will NEVER get over and chances are they are headed back to OVW.....

I love William Regal & Dave Taylor but they are better suited to a technical hard hitting match.

4-Way US Title Match - William Regal vs Finlay vs Chris Benoit vs Dave Taylor.

As for any of these matches happening, not likely, creative sucks.

Think yourself lucky if we get a Tag Title Match on the show. yes

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8859 on: January 08, 2007, 10:38:08 AM »

but things like Randy orton running in with a chair and not making it so running out is just silly
rofl

Can't believe i forgot that, it looked so random, it was as if they'd screwed up and Orton wasn't meant to run-in.? You know like the guys in the back had told the referee no plans to finish the match, he told Orton, then they changed there minds again so the referee told Orton just as he was gonna use the chair so he just legged it out of the ring, it just looked so damn odd....

Londrick vs MNM vs The Hardyz vs TWGTT TLC Match (Fixed)? ok

Firstly you would not want anymore teams it would be too crowded and would wreck the match, way too confusing and annoying.

Secondly Cryme Tyme are amusing but they are shoddy in the ring.

Idol Stevens & KC James will NEVER get over and chances are they are headed back to OVW.....

I love William Regal & Dave Taylor but they are better suited to a technical hard hitting match.

4-Way US Title Match - William Regal vs Finlay vs Chris Benoit vs Dave Taylor.

As for any of these matches happening, not likely, creative sucks.

Think yourself lucky if we get a Tag Title Match on the show. yes

I was only doing that to have equal Raw and SD teams but i guess Mercury and Matt Hardy are SD anyway, so that would make it equal.

What about RVD & Sabu Joining the Match as a team? Bring Back Bill Alfonso

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: