Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:30:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834234 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #8740 on: December 17, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »

Ladder match, get in

MNM and The Hardys in the mix too! Sweeeeeet

That's a hatrick for Doull
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8741 on: December 17, 2006, 08:49:16 PM »

MNM and The Hardys in the mix too! Sweeeeeet

hate to ruin it for you but it seems Vince has changed his mind about those two teams. MNM because he feels Johnny Nitro has developed into a better singles wrestler rather than tag. Hardys because he prefers Jeff in singles

Edit: Definatly will be no more MNM for awhile, the Ladder match sounds awesome! Hardys could be a possibility i guess.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 05:48:11 AM by slash666 » Logged

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8742 on: December 18, 2006, 05:47:51 AM »

i was almost crying with joy when that was announced!!!

pitty about mercury braking his nose just as he came back tho Sad
jeff did some pretty cool bumps
kendrick dying doin a slice bread tho was terrifying all that would make it better would be a SSP from London

edit- didnt want to double post so here is my latest match against ricky jan

am the guy in a white shirt

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1571801005
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 06:33:06 PM by sweet616 » Logged

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8743 on: December 19, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »

Boy that's brutal, was a great match.  Damn good PPV.  Worst match was the main event.  Batista looked like a rank amateur, if that had been his try out match he'd of been sent back to OVW or fired, he seemed fuckin' clueless.

I though the tag match was a great idea, Londrick now seem like credible champions and were put over well, they've had a long reign and gone through MNM, The Pitbulls, Stevens/James, Regal/Taylor & The Hardyz, give us a rematch at 'Mania!

The Inferno match was no wrestling classic but it was fun and MVP sold the burns well, good work keeping the fire going for a bit so you actually believed damage was being done.

The Last Ride match was fun again and it was only fair after jobbing twice, even if it was cheaply, that 'Taker got his heat back, it did Kennedy no harm, he's shown he can hang with the big boys....

Cruiserweight Title match was decent, but i still long for the X-Division style, well not all the way, least WWE sell moves, kind of a mix of both, the good points of each.....

Boogeyman vs Miz was short, so no complaints.

US Title match was ok, i expected more from these 2 guys...

Nice match dude ok  Been wanting to join a wrestling school myself for years, don't know of any nearby though so i've stuck with MMA, Darkness theme music though dude? nervous  hihi
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8744 on: December 19, 2006, 06:48:29 PM »

haha yes the darkness have been mentiond by everyone thats seen it lol

it works well as a face entrance tho lol

a wanted to use a GNR song but a couldnt think of any that keep things fast enough for it...any ideas? lol

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8745 on: December 19, 2006, 06:51:38 PM »

haha yes the darkness have been mentiond by everyone thats seen it lol

it works well as a face entrance tho lol

a wanted to use a GNR song but a couldnt think of any that keep things fast enough for it...any ideas? lol
Good point, mmmmmm

Personally i'd go for something by Pantera but that isn't too face.  Depends what kind of face, tough guy face yeah but you struck me as more of a Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty Rocker with the 80s style running round the ring entrance.......
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8746 on: December 19, 2006, 06:59:42 PM »

theres a few guys use pantera but they are heels haha

am tryna go for the Hardyz/ Londrick fan base so it needs to be like a fast passed to try and match my normal matchs....a just wish me leg hadnt give way when a whent for the shooting star

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8747 on: December 19, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »

theres a few guys use pantera but they are heels haha

am tryna go for the Hardyz/ Londrick fan base so it needs to be like a fast passed to try and match my normal matchs....a just wish me leg hadnt give way when a whent for the shooting star
Fast paced GN'R your looking at Right Next Door To Hell & Garden of Eden, can't see them suiting you though.....

If you have any friends in music get them to write you a tune  Cheesy
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8748 on: December 19, 2006, 07:14:58 PM »

funny you shoud say that lol i was gona write one for what my gimmick was gona be a rockstar lol

its just with indy scene if you have a song people like they like you, if you pick a song ppl hate they will not get you across as a face asmuch

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8749 on: December 19, 2006, 07:16:02 PM »

funny you shoud say that lol i was gona write one for what my gimmick was gona be a rockstar lol

its just with indy scene if you have a song people like they like you, if you pick a song ppl hate they will not get you across as a face asmuch
Ok, Monster Magnet it is for me, definately heel stuff since when i ask most people have they heard of them they say Who? Cheesy
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8750 on: December 19, 2006, 07:19:01 PM »

haha

a was thinking of using the final countdown if it wasnt for the american dragon using it, and he worked with us not that long ago so i could get my ass kicked for it lol

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8751 on: December 19, 2006, 07:32:11 PM »

If u are wrestling Indy cards and u want to be a face, U cant go wrong with "Back In Black" ACDC

One of my best friends is an Indy wrestler and he is a black guy who dresses up like the KKK.

They go to white redneck KKK infested areas and when he comes out people cheer.

Once he drops off his hood and robe and see he is black they go ballistic! hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8752 on: December 19, 2006, 07:38:05 PM »

man thats like the ultimate heat you can get lol

are biggest heat is probablys the 55year old man who is living with a 17year old kid joey wright from the boy band the Wright Stuff 2000 lol

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8753 on: December 20, 2006, 09:48:35 AM »

[Previous Article] - [Back To Rajah.com Main Page] The Undertaker holds one of the most talked-out winning streaks in wrestling. Every year at Wrestlemania, the Undertaker is booked to defeat anyone and everyone put in his path. It has become so consistent that the streak itself has become the focal point of his Wrestlemania feuds. It has been a good run, but in professional wrestling, streaks are meant to be broken.

Bear in mind that this is in no way directed at WWE or the Undertaker. Not that they would take me too seriously anyway. I?m sure both WWE and Undertaker are content with the idea of giving the honor of breaking the streak to someone worthy. This is more directed at fans as well as some figures at major wrestling news sites who have said the streak should not be broken.

The Undertaker made his Wrestlemania debut at Mania VII. He defeated ?Superfly? Jimmy Snuka and started a long line of wins at WWE?s biggest event of the year.

1.) Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka : WrestleMania VII (1991)
2.) Jake "The Snake" Roberts : WrestleMania VIII (1992)
3.) Giant Gonzales : WrestleMania IX (1993)
4.) King Kong Bundy : WrestleMania XI (1995)
5.) Diesel : WrestleMania XII (1996)
6.) Sycho Sid : WrestleMania 13 (1997)
7.) Kane : WrestleMania XIV (1998)
8.) The Big Boss Man : WrestleMania XV (1999)
9.) Triple H : WrestleMania X-7 (2001)
10.) Ric Flair : WrestleMania X-8 (2002)
11.) A-Train and The Big Show : WrestleMania XIX (2003)
12.) Kane : WrestleMania XX (2004)
13.) Randy Orton : WrestleMania 21 (2005)
14.) Mark Henry : WrestleMania 22 (2006)

Due to injury, the Undertaker did not wrestle at Wrestlemania X or Wrestlemania 2000. Still, the winning streak is not an iron man record, so it makes no difference. I could not tell you which year the winning streak was first mentioned, but I can say with my relatively good memory that around Wrestlemania X-7 when Undertaker faced Triple H in a very good (and often underrated and forgotten) match, the streak was talked about with great reverence. By Wrestlemania X-8, it was one of the major points of the feud. When the match was done, Undertaker held up ten fingers to show that his streak had reached double digits. After that, every Wrestlemania feud for the Undertaker was about his opponent trying to break his record and make a name for himself by being the man to finally get it done. This was especially true these past couple years against Randy Orton and Mark Henry.

Something else interesting started happening in recent years. Word from the newsletters said that Undertaker was ready to put over someone worthy of being the man to break the streak. Despite what some bitter haters might say, all indications are that Mark Calaway is a true professional. Undertaker was said to be comfortable giving the rub to his on-screen brother Kane but that did not materialize. That was probably for the best, considering Kane?s upper status will never go away. He?s made. Randy Orton vs. Undertaker was supposed to be the end of the streak, but unfortunately for Orton, the young superstar suffered a shoulder injury shortly before the match. Plans changed. Orton lost the match and was on the shelf for months. It made sense. Why give Orton the biggest win of his career at a time when he was about to go away and not be able to capitalize on it?

Let?s sort this through. Undertaker?s winning streak should be broken for the same reason that nearly every wrestler ends his career with a loss. Because the tradition of the business is to put someone over on your way out. It?s a fixed sport. There is no need to leave with a win when a retiring wrestler can give something to the next generation of wrestlers.

The breaking of the streak means two things. One, in the short-term, it means one of the most memorable Wrestlemania moments of all time. Two, in the long-term, it means the elevation of a young wrestler to the next level. Defeating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania nearly guarantees someone credibility to the fans. If Undertaker retires with the streak intact, nobody else can benefit from it.

In fact, retiring with the Wrestlemania winning streak intact helps nobody -- not even the Undertaker! He would be retired. It could no longer help him and his career. Do you think that it would be this friendly gesture for him? A retired Undertaker would not be saying ?Gee, I?m sure glad my fake wins are still unbroken. I?m proud of that and nobody was put over. Get me a beer, Sara.? No way. Because Undertaker seems like a reasonable and intelligent man.

A lot of fans (mostly huge Undertaker marks) want the streak to remain intact because they think it?s so damn great that it should never be broken. As if it is something we can all share and look back on with fondness the way that baseball fans look back on Cal Ripken?s iron man status. Ripken?s record is real. Undertaker?s is through booking. Wrestling is about getting people over. It?s time.

In fact, when I say that it?s time, I do not mean that this is overdue and that it should not have gone on this long. It feels like the appropriate length right about now. When I say that it?s time, I mean that it needs to happen within the next few years. For one, Undertaker could suffer a serious injury and be forced to retire or just get so beaten down that he feels like hanging up his boots. For another, the Undertaker is getting older. He will be forty-two years old at Wrestlemania 23. If someone defeats a broken down forty-seven year-old Undertaker, it will not be as impressive as defeating him today when he is still putting on match of the year candidates and is still very mobile.

This requires more explanation and an example. Ric Flair occassionally loses clean to young up-and-comers. He?s Ric Flair. He is considered one of the best wrestlers of all time. However, he?s in his fifties, so it is perfectly acceptable and believable for young wrestlers to beat him clean. If Undertaker is wrestling at fifty and that?s when WWE pulls the trigger by having a youngster end his streak, it will not be as big as it would be at Wrestlemania 23 or 24.

Now that I have (hopefully) convinced the good readers that the streak must be broken, let?s look at some of the potential contenders.

Edge. Streak vs. streak feud. The only man in WWE who comes anywhere near Undertaker?s Wrestlemania winning streak is Edge. He is 5 ? 0 currently, taking his most recent victory over Mick Foley in a hardcore match. Edge mentioned his undefeated streak in an interview on Raw once, and unlike the ?I?ve never lost a TLC match!? claim, this one is true. So this is not something WWE would just pull out of the blue. The hype would be intense. At the end of the night, someone?s streak would be over. That?s money.

Randy Orton. They tried it before, but due to the injury, Orton was not in a position to beat the streak. The attempt could be made again, though. That way, Undertaker and Orton can both trade wins at Wrestlemania and both wrestlers would be agreeable to that. The major problem that could block this is that even after all this time, WWE probably is not confident Orton is their ?man of the future? due to his problems with authority.

Mr. Kennedy. Undertaker and Kennedy have been feuding for a good part of this year. Seemingly, the feud is over since the big blowoff was Armageddon. However, I would not be shocked to see this keep going. Is Kennedy the man to take the streak? He certainly has the credentials. Whoever takes it could make their career, and with Kennedy just getting started but already very much over, that?s his ticket to the main event. The only problem I can see is that he may not be ready for it.

Batista. Rumors have begun to circulate about Undertaker vs. Batista at Wrestlemania 23. This means ?Taker could be winning the Royal Rumble. While this is all still speculation, if it does happen, Batista could be the man do it. Although, I would personally be against it being Batista for a couple reasons. First, Batista would be anywhere between thirty-seven to forty-one years old (depending on who you believe) at Wrestlemania next year. When people try to hide their age, it is more likely that the older one is true. Batista isn?t a spring chicken. Second, he is prone to injury. That, coupled with his age, means he might not be wrestling in a few years.

Maybe some others have a shot, but I can?t currently see WWE giving the honor to other rising stars like CM Punk, Gregory Helms, Montel Vontavious Porter or?um?The Miz. I would say that in the near future, Orton, Kennedy, Batista and Edge are the most likely candidates to finally beat Undertaker?s streak.

I hope I have convinced some of you who were in favor of Undertaker never losing at Wrestlemania. I hope I have reinforced what the rest of you already knew: If the Undertaker retires with his winning streak unbroken, it will be one of the greatest missed opportunities in WWE history.

Just wanted to see what people think.

I agree and like the edge streak vs streak idea.

Any thoughts. Just thought it was an interesting article

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #8754 on: December 20, 2006, 10:37:45 AM »

Ya I agree with the Edge one is probably the best...However I would love to see Taker win the Royal Rumble

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8755 on: December 20, 2006, 12:13:53 PM »

Ya I agree with the Edge one is probably the best...However I would love to see Taker win the Royal Rumble

Yeah. I would love to see someone who no one expects to win it.

I think Undertaker falls into that category.

Or maybe someone like CM Punk or Kennedy. Every year we pretty much know who is gonna take it. I'd love to see one where its someone who just no one guessed

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8756 on: December 20, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »

the only thing is finding someone who the undertaker respects enough not to shoot and kill the poor bugga who is suposed to beat him.

Jeff Hardy maybe a slight possability its said the undertaker likes him and they are trying to push him through the roof.

if anyone is gona end it i would love to see ever him or CM Punk

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8757 on: December 20, 2006, 12:44:01 PM »

my vote is for CM Punk he could be a darkhorse

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #8758 on: December 20, 2006, 04:08:31 PM »

Yeah. I would love to see someone who no one expects to win it.

I think Undertaker falls into that category.

Or maybe someone like CM Punk or Kennedy. Every year we pretty much know who is gonna take it. I'd love to see one where its someone who just no one guessed

Unfortunately by the time it rolls around he will be one of the people expected to win it.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #8759 on: December 20, 2006, 04:29:17 PM »

It will likely be a heel to end it...or Batista

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: