Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:28:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834916 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8660 on: December 07, 2006, 11:48:01 AM »

^ i agree!

give it two years (or round about) and i think Nitro could be the WWE champion

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hysteron
« Reply #8661 on: December 07, 2006, 03:18:19 PM »

And personally i think Batista makes a good champ as he has the right look, ability & mic skills
mic skills to rival Chris Masters.? drool

Word.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #8662 on: December 07, 2006, 06:04:13 PM »

Yeah, good ideas dude, ok, imagine you are in charge and can end the brand split.....

I would have ECW as a Hardcore Title only show, keep it for the hardcore guys....

So who goes where and who would you fire:

I just think the day has gone where a wrestler works his way through the company to the top.

If the fans start cheering and they sell merchandise the likleyhood is they will have the World title within 6 months.

With wrestlers like CM Punk and Carlito they have the chance to take them right through, but it wont happen.

And even people like Edge have been held back now. He should be World Champion IMO.

I'd love to tune into Raw every week and see RVD do a Van Daminator and not be held back by the style that Vince wants. And not save best matches for PPV . . just go out there and see what happens.

I mean who would not love to see RVD battle Edge in a sustained rivallry coz i would.

Every wrestler has their strengths like Undertaker has his mind games which i love to watch it, Beniot is an amazing technician and i love to see it. CM Punk is exciting and new and i think everyone would like to see more before they ruin him.

I just hate it when they dont let the wrestlers stick to their strengths. Like taking a chair out of Sabu's offense? . . . he hasn't got anything else.

Put people like Sabu and Dreamer in a tag team or something and see where it goes. Put Shelton Benjamin back with Haas and let him wrestle coz he is entertaining as fuck.

and for the love of god get shane McMahon back on tv

Very well put man, I agree with everyhting you said...They need better rivalries and I especially agree with the part about not leaving all the best matches to the PPV...They need to make raw and smackdown suprising again

Thanks man.

It just goes to show which company is moving forward with what TNA did with this 6 way match. They are putting that out FREE on tv. and will any of the 6 hold back . . you know they wont.

But WWE take Egde who has been Euro champ (i think) Tag champ like 14 times or whatever IC champ and World champ and then put him back to Tag Champ.

WWE needs to turn it around fast.

Nitro is awesome and is getting better all the time. He's no Beniot but he could be compared to HBK with his charisma and the way he wrestlers . . Could be people?

Compared to HBK with his charisma and the way he wrestles??? And people call me crazy??? This will be the last time and I won't go into it anymore as my opinion on this matter has already been stated several times. But I have to say this guy is no where near what HBK is or was. I think the lack of good young wrestlers has people searching for what they perceive as a shred of talent and blowing it way out of perportion. Nitro had a cool dropkick. But come on people, he has no personality, does nobody remember his promo on raw a while back. It was on of the most grueling things to watch. He is one of the most grueling things to watch. Its very tasking to enjoy anything he does. And I for one don't enjoy a single second of him and don't see why anybody would think this no personality, no talent hack would ever win the world title. And thats it, lets just agree to disagree.

On another subject Carilto's ring work as of let has been sub-par at best. I was really high on him for awhile but latley he has been unimpressive to say the least. Though his bits and mic work is good, i think he has been slackin on the ring work.? smoking
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 06:06:46 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8663 on: December 07, 2006, 06:31:13 PM »

I remember question marks over HBK too dude.

I remember people saying how can he be champion with 'A Kick' as a finisher.

The MNM gimmick IMO was the best gimmick for a while.

He may not be the finished article but he is on his way. He never stinks up the ring when i see him. Him and Melina remind me a little bit of Edge and Lita too. Potential is oozing out of him.

Yeah he may need to add a finisher and he still may need that 'Big' feud that crosses him over from maybe to real top class wrestler but i can see it happening within two years.

He could have good feuds with HBK and Cena and probally eventully could turn face.

Everyone has their views like i can't see how HBK is at the level he is at and i still waiting to see Cena make me believe he is as good as he has been portrayed. But in people like CM Punk, RVD, Nitro, Kennedy and Carlito i think they all have bright futures

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8664 on: December 07, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »

Johnny Nitro is awesome in my opinion.

Carlito needs to drop rippin off Chris Jericho's finisher.

Never been a big fan of Carlito myself.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8665 on: December 08, 2006, 05:55:47 AM »

and kane and The Big show better stop using the undertakers finisher, kennedy and ohair should stop using the summer sault senton. lance storm cant do super kicks because michaels used it. SHUT THE F*** UP!!! anyone can use anyones moves how is it ripping them off?

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8666 on: December 08, 2006, 08:31:49 AM »

and kane and The Big show better stop using the undertakers finisher, kennedy and ohair should stop using the summer sault senton. lance storm cant do super kicks because michaels used it. SHUT THE F*** UP!!! anyone can use anyones moves how is it ripping them off?

Yep, you're really gonna have a long stay here. Roll Eyes

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8667 on: December 08, 2006, 05:49:37 PM »

U are gay hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8668 on: December 08, 2006, 06:40:40 PM »

Well it is.

If you bring a move to the mainstream and then someone else uses it. Its ripping it off. Does anyone care. No! but does t have as much credibility as the original . . . NO!

whenever i see a sharpshooter its never done as well as Brets and whenever i see a Stunner .  its never as good as Austin.

I'd also like to clear up the HBK superkick thing. He did not make that up! he added Charisma and made it his own. But it was not original

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8669 on: December 08, 2006, 06:42:26 PM »

Well it is.

If you bring a move to the mainstream and then someone else uses it. Its ripping it off. Does anyone care. No! but does t have as much credibility as the original . . . NO!

whenever i see a sharpshooter its never done as well as Brets and whenever i see a Stunner .? its never as good as Austin.

I'd also like to clear up the HBK superkick thing. He did not make that up! he added Charisma and made it his own. But it was not original

As i said in a post the other week, it's one of Lashley's many problems, all his moves are rip-offs, and not just that, they are poor rip-offs, as mentioned with the Super Kick, ripping off is all good if you can make it your own....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8670 on: December 08, 2006, 07:56:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/share?v=KYo7ipbcbbQ&embed=1

Does anyone else think this is just stupid.

Its like your not good enough in ring anymore but we'll use you to make the group and company that made you famous look stupid.

I'm a huge fan of TNA but the only thing they should have aside from TV is Paparazzi Productions coz stuff like this is just silly and IMO makes them look desperate to discredit WWE and they fail IMO

[/color]

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8671 on: December 08, 2006, 07:58:14 PM »

the problem i find with that is i get sick of people who watch wrestlers i train with do moves and they start marking out for it. like someone using a fullnelson and people screaming "AWH its the masterlock its chris masters"
i was asked to use a super kick but due to smarks marking out for it saying its the sweet chin music i couldnt be botherd so i use a round house kick...does it mean no one can ever do a boston crab in wwe now that Y2J used it?

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8672 on: December 08, 2006, 08:39:06 PM »

the problem i find with that is i get sick of people who watch wrestlers i train with do moves and they start marking out for it. like someone using a fullnelson and people screaming "AWH its the masterlock its chris masters"
i was asked to use a super kick but due to smarks marking out for it saying its the sweet chin music i couldnt be botherd so i use a round house kick...does it mean no one can ever do a boston crab in wwe now that Y2J used it?

no it doesn't but i think moves like the Stunner, Pedigree, Sweet Chin Music and Tombstone Piledriver will always be known as Austin, HHH, HBK and Undertakers moves.

Its like Edge, Rhino and Lashley all have a spear. But i always associate the move with Goldberg and always will. Do i not like the other wrestlers because of it . . . . Hell no Edge is probally one of my favourites. But its not and will never be 'His' move.

I remember Mikey Whipbreak doing stunners before austin had even touched down in WWE. But Austin's role in wrestling and the way he used the move made it his.

I just look at TNA and they all seem to have innovative finishers and i think why can't new wrestlers in WWE do that (probally coz they are too dangerous for Vince)

I mean let Carlito steal AJ Styles 'Styles Clash' and he would elevate a level and i think that would be good for him . . But it will always be 'The Styles Clash' to me

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #8673 on: December 08, 2006, 08:48:14 PM »

It's weird how many people use a neckbreaker variety as their finisher. No-one's really claimed it as their own I suppose.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8674 on: December 09, 2006, 06:59:56 AM »

It's weird how many people use a neckbreaker variety as their finisher. No-one's really claimed it as their own I suppose.

I always think of Rick Rude when i see a neckbreaker.

Weird isn't it.

I guess its what you grow up with

[/color]

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8675 on: December 09, 2006, 08:11:18 AM »

During an appearance on Bubba the Love Sponge on Friday afternoon, Kurt Angle claimed he will taking part in a "shoot fight" on a TNA PPV in May or June of 2007, since he needs time to train.

Believe it or not, Angle stated Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell or Daniel Puder as possible opponents. Angle refused to say who he would fight, but that the fight would be real and that his opponent would be a good fighter with a great reputation.

Angle added that he has 3 or 4 legit fights in him and that he was going to make the rules in the fight, noting that headbutts will be legal. He also said that if he lost the fight, it would quote "kill his career" and said the chances were worth taking as he feels the PPV would easily do a million buys.

Kill his career??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8676 on: December 09, 2006, 08:35:22 AM »

i wouldn't mind Angle vs Puder, imagine the rage!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8677 on: December 09, 2006, 08:52:58 AM »

Against ANY of those guys he would lose, and i'm skeptical about it happening on a TNA PPV, would they really risk their star getting knocked out?  The buyrate for the event might be huge, but the after effect on the company might not be so good......
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #8678 on: December 09, 2006, 10:04:47 AM »

or Kurt learns to punch and kills puder, then TNA can go over saying that TNA kurt beat puder WWE kurt lost....TNA beats Puder!!!

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8679 on: December 09, 2006, 01:00:26 PM »

but none of them are in WWE anymore  Roll Eyes

Plus i agree with Stoned, he would lose to any of those mentioned

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »