Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:31:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 837346 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8360 on: November 20, 2006, 06:27:47 AM »

yeah i know.  Undecided

anyone see the Genesis results, pretty fucked up if you ask me

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8361 on: November 20, 2006, 07:00:09 AM »

In the U.K., the Hogan Anthology DVD set is rated 15, which means that people under 15 aren't supposed to get the DVD. There's usually a reason listed for the rating. In the case of the Hogan DVD, the line for the rating said, "This video contains moderate wrestling action." rofl

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8362 on: November 20, 2006, 01:43:36 PM »

TNA fucked up last week on Impact

They had Kurt Angle beating Abyss

Abyss is fighting for the world title against Sting, could they have made him look anymore weak going into his title shot?

There is no chance he can beat Sting after jobbing to Angle.

Dumb booking.

Have you seen the PPV? Good Call ok

Some awesome matches and some pretty interesting charecter choices last night

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8363 on: November 20, 2006, 08:07:52 PM »

Anyone got a torrent of Genesis yet. Cant find it on that site that the stoned one posted. Need it before Wednesday preferrably. Tonight if possible. Tomorrow morning would be better, Evo, you normally have a good source for torrents!

Ta!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8364 on: November 20, 2006, 08:18:47 PM »

im currently watching Heat and its past Survivor Series matchs, now its Bret Hart vs Steve Austin, and it just gets me thinking about the good old days  Cry

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8365 on: November 21, 2006, 04:10:39 AM »

GENESIS SPOILER:

I am disappointed in this PPV.

Christian vs AJ was ok..........

LAX vs AMW was all over the place, a horrible match

Abyss the new champ? What the fuck are TNA thinking? Stupid finish to a stupid match after Abyss looked like a complete bitch to Kurt Angle.

TNA are TRULY FUCKING UP BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are trying to compete with WWE but yet they let a WWE wrestler not only walk through their NOW HEavyweight champ but they allow him to be the first guy to beat Samoa Joe.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FUCKING BOOKING.  Makes u wonder if Kevin Nash has the book.

First off, they fucked up going for the hot angle.  U never put a match like Kurt and Samoa out this fast.  U start them out being friends, admirers of each others character and ability.

U slowly build their feud up for 6 months till finally Jealousy rears its ugly head and their friendship deteriorates.  Then at Bound For Glory next year, u finally have this match.

Havin Joe lose to Angle makes TNA look 2nd rate to WWE.

Joe shouldve won the first match, let Angle win a rematch but Joe HAD TO WIN AT GENESIS.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8366 on: November 21, 2006, 04:18:47 AM »

Some highlights of Eric Bischoff's book:

Reasons WCW failed:

1. The merger of Time Warner and Turner and then Time Warner and AOL:

Eric mentions how only Ted Turner wanted WCW to succeed. Time Warner and AOL wanted WCW off the books.  They put a freeze on hiring, made Eric promote within the Time Warner company, he couldnt go outside the company and hire the right production and wrestling  people.

They put huge restrictions on what he could do on TV. they no longer allowed him to push the envelope and be edgy, they wanted a family show so Eric had to tone down WCW.

2.Thunder......... He blames having to create Thunder as a HUGE reason that WCW went under. He said Ted wanted a wrestling show on TBS and even though Eric didnt think it was a good idea he did it anyway. Thing is, it cost 15 million a year to start a new show and Warner wasnt picking up the tab so Eric had to pay for it out of WCW funds.   To pay for it, he increased Nitro to 3 hours, Put more house shows on the schedule which hurt Locker room morale and watered down the product by making Angles develop too quick with an extra show.

I always felt SD and Thunder killed wrestling. Raw and Nitro alone were fantastic, Thunder and SD over exposed the product.

3.Missed opportunities: they built the Dark Sting character up for months and they had the huge starrcade showdown with Hogan vs Sting.  Sting wanted to go over clean and win the title thus elevating his character to the moon.  Hogan balked cause Sting came in out of shape so they pulled the dumbass Screw job angle which killed a great idea.

Bischoff talks how Bret Hart was never the same when he came to WCW. says how he never got over Montreal and how his heart just wasnt in it.

Basically Bischoff blames the merger of Time Warner and Turner and later Warner to AOL as the catalyst that destroyed WCW.

I also blame the stupid hollywood angles, the Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, Jay Leno, the Master P rap angles, then later David Arquette. They lost site of what worked.

NWO went on way too long.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8367 on: November 21, 2006, 12:27:27 PM »

im definatly gonna have to get that book now

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8368 on: November 21, 2006, 02:34:19 PM »

I see Lawler made it through the show this week.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8369 on: November 21, 2006, 02:37:51 PM »

GENESIS SPOILER:

I am disappointed in this PPV.

Christian vs AJ was ok..........

LAX vs AMW was all over the place, a horrible match

Abyss the new champ? What the fuck are TNA thinking? Stupid finish to a stupid match after Abyss looked like a complete bitch to Kurt Angle.

TNA are TRULY FUCKING UP BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are trying to compete with WWE but yet they let a WWE wrestler not only walk through their NOW HEavyweight champ but they allow him to be the first guy to beat Samoa Joe.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FUCKING BOOKING.? Makes u wonder if Kevin Nash has the book.

First off, they fucked up going for the hot angle.? U never put a match like Kurt and Samoa out this fast.? U start them out being friends, admirers of each others character and ability.

U slowly build their feud up for 6 months till finally Jealousy rears its ugly head and their friendship deteriorates.? Then at Bound For Glory next year, u finally have this match.

Havin Joe lose to Angle makes TNA look 2nd rate to WWE.

Joe shouldve won the first match, let Angle win a rematch but Joe HAD TO WIN AT GENESIS.

Totally agree.

I think they should have had Angle go on a undefeated streak too and then let them fight in say like 3 months.

and if they were to fight . . i think they should have done an Austin vs Bret ending with Joe Passing out. But a clean tap just de-values TNA in my opinion.

This guy who has beaten all comers in TNA loses to the first top WWE guy to come across. I bet Vince was loving it

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8370 on: November 21, 2006, 02:43:53 PM »

Exactly. That finish was horrible.

Plus like I mentioned, Angle walked through the new TNA champ the Impact before.

Just stupid booking.  They got too caught up in Kurt Angle and didnt think it through properly. 

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8371 on: November 21, 2006, 03:17:20 PM »

Title changes by DQ...blah...i haven't seen the event yet but it sounds awful.  It's a real shame since i was a TNA hater but these past 6 weeks have been fantastic and i have loved watching it, i hope things aren't taking a downhill turn.

RAW was great last night.  Nitro and Hardy had a real decent ladder match especially for a tv match to, Nitro is a real solid wrestler now and Hardy made it through the match without blowing a spot.  Last night emphasied how much better it all is without the brand split, but they struggled to fit everyone on last night, add missing names like Booker, Kennedy, Batista, Undertaker, Londrick, Chris Benoit, Chavo Guerrero and the barely used guys last night like MVP, Finlay, Helms, RVD.  It would be great to end the split but for that to happen TNA needs to poach a lot more talent... yes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8372 on: November 21, 2006, 03:35:22 PM »

i absolutaly loved the ladder match, its not often you get two wrestlers like those on top form at the same time, Nitro is going to be a top prospect in WWE in years to come! His dropkick off the ladder was great and when Jeff hit the swanton onto the ladder, even though its fake that MUST have hurt! My respect of Nitro has increased greatly, cant wait to see what he will be like as a single's Face!

As for TNA, last weeks Impact & Genesis, i blame Vince Russo!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8373 on: November 21, 2006, 04:22:27 PM »

Bischoff slaughters VInce Russo in his book talkin of what an idiot Russo is.

Remember the Bash At The Beach when Russo ran Hogan off and then started the Booker T vs Jarrett main Event?

Well Bischoff said that Hogan was suppose to walk out and then WCW were suppose to have a tourney for the title.

two heels were to face off at Halloween havoc for the vacant world title when all of a sudden Hogan would come out claiming to still be the champ thus Getting HUGE Pops from the crowd and then having a shocking surprising impromptu WCW heavyweight title match after the "Tournament"

Bischoff said that he and Hogan were on a plane when they got word of what Russo did after they left.

Hogan ended up suing WCW for tons of cash.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8374 on: November 21, 2006, 04:26:55 PM »

i fear Russo will wreck TNA like he did WCW

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #8375 on: November 21, 2006, 04:34:35 PM »

Raw was quality last night. I loved the whole melee thing at the end. Got me pumped for seeing the huge Survivor Series matches. Nitro/Hardy was a solid ladder match, and a great change from a usual singles match, so no complaints there. I guess the Spirit Squad break-up isn't off the cards after all. Kenny vs Johnny coming soon?

To defend TNA's booking of late, the reason Angle ended Joe's streak is to peak interest in the rematch. If Joe beat Angle, then Kurt would be just another guy on the list. Then if Angle got a win back, it would make Samoa Joe's first victory look like a fluke. By having Angle win, it presents him as a greater challenge to Joe then the rest of the competitors.

Plus I believe Kurt Angle is going to use the fact he beat Abyss on iMPACT to get himself a title shot in the weeks to come. Abyss is no way a long-term champion and Sting doesn't need the belt anymore.

What I think will happen is Joe will get his win back at Turning Point or whatever, and then will win the tiebreaker over Angle and take the NWA Title in the process. The DQ finish was only to protect Sting.

On the plus side, the Shelley/Starr fued is simmering nicely. The finish for AJ/Cage was pretty well done but I reckon Styles heel turn is a little rushed. Especially so soon after Sabin's new attitude. Speaking of whom, Jerry/Sabin? Nice!

Oh and The Naturals did a good job I thought.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #8376 on: November 21, 2006, 05:42:50 PM »

I just finished watching Genesis and it was pretty solid. A very entertaining PPV and the main event was one of the best matches of the year. Angle is awesome and so is Joe. I can't wait for the rematches to come, I hope they do a good fued with these guys for awhile.

I was disappointed in seeing Sting lose the way he did. And to Abyss no less. The title picture in TNA should get interesting. I hope they push Christian back into it.

I don't like the AJ heel turn. I thought it was a little too quick also.

And finally Raw put on a great show for a second week in a row, its been awhile since that happened. Survivor Series is looking better and better.? ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #8377 on: November 22, 2006, 12:56:29 PM »

Chris Benoit v Finlay on Smackdown this week Grin

Above is a spoiler about this weeks Smackdown, no result is included, just a match which is gunna take place

That's a hatrick for Doull
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8378 on: November 22, 2006, 01:35:06 PM »

Above is a spoiler about this weeks Smackdown, no result is included, just a match which is gunna take place

to be honest that match doesnt sound too convincing

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8379 on: November 22, 2006, 02:19:20 PM »

to be honest that match doesnt sound too convincing
Course it does, those 2 = wrestling classics
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: