Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 837266 times)
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7720 on: October 08, 2006, 08:04:37 PM »

Purchased.

Odd as the preview states that its lashley Vs Booker. Thought that was changed to a 4 way??

Magically WWE realied Lashley wasn't going to work very well during it, a pitty they didn't do this before Kevin Nash, Boogyman, Rowdy Piper, Hulk Hogan, and other bad workers matches.

Didn't matter, they were big draws with charisma, Lashley is neither.

I wonder why, it's like why do people go to smackdown tappings and actualy cheer.

They don't, the production team add those cheers in afterwards. Except Dave and Marks.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
AtariLegend
« Reply #7721 on: October 08, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »

That explains why they sound fake.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7722 on: October 08, 2006, 08:09:08 PM »

and why nobody's mouths are moving.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
AtariLegend
« Reply #7723 on: October 08, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »

You would think they would get a hint or somthing.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7724 on: October 08, 2006, 08:11:50 PM »

You would think they would get a hint or somthing.

Not whilst the ratings are holding, the competion is weak and the company is still making $11,000,000 every three months.

AtariLegend
« Reply #7725 on: October 08, 2006, 08:14:52 PM »

Smackdown specially does what 2.0, when they used to do over 4.0.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7726 on: October 08, 2006, 08:25:14 PM »

But again things have changed you can't possibly expect it to still be pulling the same amount of viewers as during the monday night wars? The majority of the casual audience has moved on, trends and interests have changed. At least 3 million people are tuning into Smackdown every week in the US alone. And since the immediate (admittedly drastic) downturn in viewership after the invasion angle the ratings have balanced out which many people said they wouldn't.

AtariLegend
« Reply #7727 on: October 08, 2006, 08:28:03 PM »

But again things have changed you can't possibly expect it to still be pulling the same amount of viewers as during the monday night wars? The majority of the casual audience has moved on, trends and interests have changed. At least 3 million people are tuning into Smackdown every week in the US alone. And since the immediate (admittedly drastic) downturn in viewership after the invasion angle the ratings have balanced out which many people said they wouldn't.

Dude to an extent it makes sensce but I remeber checking the ratings from 2 weeks ago with Cena and it certainly asn't over 3.0.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7728 on: October 08, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »

Dude to an extent it makes sensce but I remeber checking the ratings from 2 weeks ago with Cena and it certainly asn't over 3.0.

Ah you have fallen for the old 2.0 = 2 million viewers trick, in fact (confusing as it is) a 2.5 rating = approx 3.45million viewers.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7729 on: October 08, 2006, 08:31:32 PM »

^ yea that is confusing!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
AtariLegend
« Reply #7730 on: October 08, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »

Ah you have fallen for the old 2.0 = 2 million viewers trick, in fact (confusing as it is) a 2.5 rating = approx 3.45million viewers.

Never knew that thanks. Huh
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7731 on: October 09, 2006, 06:40:32 AM »

It is rumored that The Rock will make an appearance at the 3 hour season premier of RAW tonight

take this for what it is, im hopeful this is true as i got it from a reliable source from a friend who has connections with WWE.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7732 on: October 09, 2006, 07:09:29 AM »

i got it from a reliable source from a friend who has connections with WWE.
You mean to tell me there is even fake insiders in this thread?? nervous

rofl I'm kidding.

What is bringing the Rock back for a show gonna accomplish? I dont see the point. He only does this kind of shit to either promote a movie, or during downtime from making one. Everytime he shows his face like that its as predictable as a sunset. He'll come rescue someone, whip their ass for 10 seconds, and then go make another movie.

Mcmahon needs to really do some sort of an overhaul on WWE. Why stop at the Rock if Mcmahon is gonna go down memory lane? I can think of alot of people who deserve 10 more seconds in the spotlight besides the Rock.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7733 on: October 09, 2006, 07:20:59 AM »

i got it from a reliable source from a friend who has connections with WWE.
You mean to tell me there is even fake insiders in this thread?? nervous

rofl I'm kidding.

What is bringing the Rock back for a show gonna accomplish? I dont see the point. He only does this kind of shit to either promote a movie, or during downtime from making one. Everytime he shows his face like that its as predictable as a sunset. He'll come rescue someone, whip their ass for 10 seconds, and then go make another movie.

Mcmahon needs to really do some sort of an overhaul on WWE. Why stop at the Rock if Mcmahon is gonna go down memory lane? I can think of alot of people who deserve 10 more seconds in the spotlight besides the Rock.

Very few people brought in the fans and thus the money that the Rock brought in and therefore very few people deserve 10 more seconds in the spotlight besides the rock. I agree there is little point in him being there (and im pretty sure he wont be) seeing as though he has officially announced his retirement from wrestling but if anyone is gonna be back for 10 minutes every 2 years why not him?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7734 on: October 09, 2006, 07:25:02 AM »

Why not Dusty Rhodes? Ultimate Warrior? Ricky Steamboat? etc.?

Evolution
« Reply #7735 on: October 09, 2006, 07:29:48 AM »

I didn't buy the PPV, but it looks as if Montel Vontavious Porter has the most ridiculous ring attire of all time.

Also what's up with WWE apologizing for nudity on the PPV on the webite?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7736 on: October 09, 2006, 11:24:05 AM »

Why not Dusty Rhodes? Ultimate Warrior? Ricky Steamboat? etc.?

Because Dusty Rhodes and Steamboat, legends as they are, mean nothing to the casual fan and are more likeily to be brought in as part of a storyline on a semi permanent basis like Hogan, Piper and Foley to an extent tend to do and Warrior?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!

Sounds like No Mercy was a bit of a stormer, aside from Regal showing his knob (which is what i gather the apology is for), so 2 good single brand ppv's on the trot, bodes well for cyber sunday and survivor series, i may even have to watch them!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 11:28:06 AM by Borat » Logged

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7737 on: October 09, 2006, 11:35:42 AM »

MVP looked like a gymnastics competitor!
Very bad match MVP had!

erghh i dont wanna know about naked regal  no!

glad to see Benoit back!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7738 on: October 09, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »

Tell you what, some of the lower mid-carders and guys who have been sweating it out in OVW must be fucked off when they see a local jobber getting a match on Pay Per View!!!

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7739 on: October 09, 2006, 11:57:27 AM »

i know i would be!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: