Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836951 times)
AtariLegend
« Reply #7700 on: October 08, 2006, 07:25:12 PM »

I suppose it's getting worse, very few PPVs are actually worth it anymore. If this was Before Wresltmania XII I would've said yes, but now i'm more embarased to even watch WWE any more.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7701 on: October 08, 2006, 07:28:37 PM »

I suppose it's getting worse, very few PPVs are actually worth it anymore. If this was Before Wresltmania XII I would've said yes, but now i'm more embarased to even watch WWE any more.

I tell you if i had the cash I would have brought anything between WMXIV and X-Seven inclusive.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
AtariLegend
« Reply #7702 on: October 08, 2006, 07:30:02 PM »

I tell you if i had the cash I would have brought anything between WMXIV and X-Seven inclusive.

Cause that the best their was, and seeminly will ever be. Sad
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7703 on: October 08, 2006, 07:34:23 PM »

Everything has a peak and i suppose we should just be lucky that we were interested in a product that was so astoundingly good for such a lengthy period. The product has steadied now and I keep tabs on it because sometimes it can still be entertaining, for instance there have been a number of good pay per views this year, its just our standards are so high now it will never (rightly) be able to match then.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
AtariLegend
« Reply #7704 on: October 08, 2006, 07:37:20 PM »

Everything has a peak and i suppose we should just be lucky that we were interested in a product that was so astoundingly good for such a lengthy period. The product has steadied now and I keep tabs on it because sometimes it can still be entertaining, for instance there have been a number of good pay per views this year, its just our standards are so high now it will never (rightly) be able to match then.

Well said, although I really coudn't name that many good PPVs this year.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #7705 on: October 08, 2006, 07:37:52 PM »

The last Raw one was fucking brilliant. Loved it. They have far better writers and talent it would seem though. HHH is a shining light for me these days. I remember a couple of years ago absolutely loathing the guy! How times change.
I am amazed by the faith they show in Cena. Edge needs that Strap back ASAP.
He needs to keep it till Mania next year when the King Of Kings should regain his thrown!

AtariLegend
« Reply #7706 on: October 08, 2006, 07:40:58 PM »

I admit I smirked during the last raw but wreslting wise it was pointless, DX squashed the entire tag-team division, bar the silly CrymeTyme who are destroying themselves.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #7707 on: October 08, 2006, 07:41:56 PM »

I admit I smirked during the last raw but wreslting wise it was pointless, DX squashed the entire tag-team division, bar the silly CrymeTyme who are destroying themselves.

Meant the PPV boss.

Unforgiven was it?

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7708 on: October 08, 2006, 07:43:01 PM »

Well said, although I really coudn't name that many good PPVs this year.

Royal Rumble was pretty good
No Way Out was very good
WrestleMania was excellent
One Night Stand was fantastic
Summerslam couldve been better, but wa still watchable
Unforgiven werent too shabby

AtariLegend
« Reply #7709 on: October 08, 2006, 07:45:13 PM »

I wanna see more good pure wreslting matches but I suppose with no Kurt Angle, or Chris Benoit thats not going to happen.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7710 on: October 08, 2006, 07:46:26 PM »

I wanna see more good pure wreslting matches but I suppose with no Kurt Angle, or Chris Benoit thats not going to happen.

If you want pure wrestling you are, and have always been, in the wrong place with wwe.

AtariLegend
« Reply #7711 on: October 08, 2006, 07:48:24 PM »

If you want pure wrestling you are, and have always been, in the wrong place with wwe.

It's a serious pitty, and major flaw that if you don't watch because you're a fan, that theres nothing to look up upon.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7712 on: October 08, 2006, 07:51:32 PM »

It's a serious pitty, and major flaw that if you don't watch because you're a fan, that theres nothing to look up upon.

I don't quite understand what you mean, wwe has never been about pure wrestling, and again the casual audience do not tune in to see it, if they do have an occasional blinder then for me it's a bonus. If i want to see wrestling i look elsewhere. ROH mainly, sometimes TNA and hopefully, althought the card is gimmick laden 1pw might put on some good pure grappling action for my pleassure this weekend.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #7713 on: October 08, 2006, 07:51:49 PM »

Where is Benoit? Im buyin it! My non marijuana induced insomnia has made me.
Fuck.

Ill let you know what its like.

AtariLegend
« Reply #7714 on: October 08, 2006, 07:54:43 PM »

Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit.

I would even take classic spotfests, but nothing will ever beat King of the Ring 1998, Mankind vs Undertaker.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #7715 on: October 08, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »

Purchased.

Odd as the preview states that its lashley Vs Booker. Thought that was changed to a 4 way??

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7716 on: October 08, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »

Where is Benoit? Im buyin it! My non marijuana induced insomnia has made me.
Fuck.

Ill let you know what its like.

Benoit is expected back from his rest very shortly.

If you turn up skint at the weekend im gonna buy that leg off ebay and crack it over your skull.

Good shit on the weed though man, keep it up. enjoy the ppv, or enjoy jbl's commentary anyway!

Main event is a fourway but was changed at very late notice.

AtariLegend they do have wrestling classics and spotfests from time to time but if you are looking for that sort of thing all the time you aint gonna get it in wwe. Anyway before Boogeyman got released there was a least one classic on every show he featured!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 07:59:12 PM by Borat » Logged

AtariLegend
« Reply #7717 on: October 08, 2006, 07:59:12 PM »

Purchased.

Odd as the preview states that its lashley Vs Booker. Thought that was changed to a 4 way??

Magically WWE realied Lashley wasn't going to work very well during it, a pitty they didn't do this before Kevin Nash, Boogyman, Rowdy Piper, Hulk Hogan, and other bad workers matches.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7718 on: October 08, 2006, 08:01:25 PM »

Purchased.

Magically WWE realied Lashley wasn't going to work very well during it, a pitty they didn't do this before Kevin Nash, Boogyman, Rowdy Piper, Hulk Hogan, and other bad workers matches.

Didn't matter, they were big draws with charisma, Lashley is neither.

AtariLegend
« Reply #7719 on: October 08, 2006, 08:03:47 PM »

Purchased.

Didn't matter, they were big draws with charisma, Lashley is neither.

I wonder why, it's like why do people go to smackdown tappings and actualy cheer.
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: