Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228536 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 835925 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7580 on: September 30, 2006, 09:34:29 PM »

by the way, the loser of the Jarrett vs Sting match has to retire so i say the chances of Sting vs Angle are very limited

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7581 on: October 01, 2006, 04:20:07 AM »

Here are my monthly wrestling gripes:

TNA:

1. Gotta stop that stupid Jackass shit.? I was watching "No Surrender" and the petey Williams getting laxative was dumb, that was a great match till they had to take it to the dumb shit.

2.Chris Saban's match was great but what does he do? Pulls out a blowup doll which was fuckin stupid.

3.Tryin to sell a Rhyno injury......... that match with Christian could've been great, instead they tried so hard to sell Rhino's concussions that the match was horrible. Maybe the only match Ive ever saw Christian wrestle that absolutely sucked.

4. Too many old guys on top.? They are makin the WCW mistake. the fact Samoa Joe isnt the champ is a crime. Sting will be the champ, then u got Angle who I love b ut still, They need to build their brand around the new guys.

5. Fire the Dudleyz, I am sick of these guys.

6. Never make a title vs career match. I mean that makes it SOOOOOO obvious as to who is gonna win.

Things TNA do very good.

1.Excellent PPV's, u really feel u get your moneys worth.

2.having another match with LAX vs Styles/Daniels. They should have to wrestle every single week. they have the most entertaining matches u will ever see.? I've watched both and they were unbelievable.

3.Fan participation. Id be pissed if I found out that instead of actual fans they had indy wrestlers with the belts outside whippin Jarrett.? Anyhow that shit was hysterical watchin Jarrett get the strap from all those people.

4. X division. Senshi,Saban,Williams,Shelley,Jay Lethal....... just to name a few.

5. Eric Young is the greatest!

6. Homicide. this guy is my fav TNA superstar!

WWE:

1.Smackdown has no direction.? Why the fuck would u have the world champion getting pinned cleanly in the middle of the ring by his opponent?? Why not make Regal take the job since he isnt involved in the feud?? Who wants to see Lashley vs Booker when Lashley has pinned him like the last 4 times they have wrestled.? GOD I hope this doesnt mean Lashley owes Book a job and wont win the title at No Mercy. My WWE Title depends on Lashley taking the gold.

Best thing about SD is

1.JBL? I can watch just to listen to him. he is fuckin hilarious.? He said "next to John Goodman I am in shape"? rofl rofl

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #7582 on: October 01, 2006, 08:47:04 AM »

The fans really shat all over the Jackass stuff at the PPV, and on iMPACT this week. "No More Jackass" chants aplenty. I can't wait to see the Six Sides of Steel match between LAX and Daniels/Styles at Bound For Glory. Some of the moves they pulled out at Ultimate X were amazing, like the Styles Clash through the table off the ring apron. Konnan's promos lately have been fantastic, I was actually a little disappointed they didn't retain because they have been brilliant lately. With any luck though they will get them back.

Something else great that came out of the PPV was the fact TNA now has a primetime show at 9pm on Thursdays. The fact they have two hours means we can now have feuds continued each week now. Sometimes it gets a bit annoying that a feud is ignored one week to build up another main feud. Plus the X Division and Tag Division rankings can become a bigger part of TNA. Usually you just get a big battle royal to determine the contenders or a win streak that focuses on just one team of wrestler.

I think however it's a little too early to have Samoa Joe as champion. As TNA gets more national recognition, it would pay off to have a name as Sting or Kurt Angle as champion. Then people can say, "but have you heard of Samoa Joe? He's tearing up in TNA", instead of "Samoa Joe is their champion" and people saying "who is that?". He still has some upper midcard feuds to get some mileage out of. The staredown on iMPACT between Joe and Abyss was great. After the Monster's Ball match at Bound For Glory they have to have Samoa Joe go over Abyss.

Regarding Rhino, the guy is like the most over guy with the TNA fans so why is he Christian Cage's first post heel turn win? The guy who turns heel never loses his first feud. So why feed Rhino to him? Fair enough he was protected by having him lose due to concussion but it didn't make the match much of a success. I only hope their Bound For Glory rematch is a bigger success.

One last thing on TNA is the state of the NWA Heavyweight Title. The feud between Sting and Jeff Jarrett has had some awesome build up. The best part of a year behind it and many matches as well. Despite this, the match will feature run ins, ref bumps, guitar shots and slow plodding action. Very sad. They need the belt passed onto the younger guys. With Sting's contract running out in January, his is just the guy to pass the torch. I think that they should continue the Samoa Joe in possession of the belt past a Sting title victory at Bound For Glory, and have the big Samoa Joe/Sting match on New Year's Day special edition of iMPACT, or maybe at Final Resolution 2007. Sting leaves after a decent match, and gains the respect of putting over the young talent, and Samoa Joe has a big name win and a 2007 "New Era" style title win to set him off. Defenses against people like Abyss, Jarrett(preferably on iMPACT), Christian Cage and perhaps even Kurt Angle will build him up beautifully. Oh yeah, what the hell happened to the Sting/Christian Cage match? No mention of it whatsoever past Hard Justice.

Onto WWE(might as well whilst I'm here). My main problem with Raw and Smackdown is the fact that so much of it is so inconsequential. People like Vito, The Miz and soon to be MVP just go on these winning streaks that either end with a loss out of nowhere, which isn't even picked up on by the commentators or just stop! Surely having a Ken Kennedy title defense over these guys gives their streak some meaning and a plausible finale.

Also, what's with the repeated matches we get these days? How many times have we seen Shawn Michaels vs Shane McMahon this year? Or Lashley vs Booker T? Or hell, even The Miz Vs Tatanka? I mean why have The Miz beat him twice? It shows nothing. What's very strange too, is the fact Jimmy Wang Yang got a little bit of build up in vignette form, then lost to the useless Sylvan!

Last comment of the post here. What the fuck are K.C James and Idol Stevens going to do past their feud with Londrick? If they win they have no feud next. If they lose, Londrick have no-one. Ridiculous!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7583 on: October 01, 2006, 08:52:45 AM »

Something else great that came out of the PPV was the fact TNA now has a primetime show at 9pm on Thursdays. The fact they have two hours means we can now have feuds continued each week now.
But that's just for their debut then it's back to 1 hour each week....
Evolution
« Reply #7584 on: October 01, 2006, 08:56:24 AM »

Oh, well they will probably get that two hours in the near future. It's all good.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #7585 on: October 01, 2006, 10:15:29 AM »

When's the 3 hour Raw special?

And will they build it up like last years homecoming?

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #7586 on: October 01, 2006, 10:31:01 AM »

I think it's in 8 days. Is it just a combined show or something?
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #7587 on: October 01, 2006, 11:11:37 AM »

I think it's in 8 days. Is it just a combined show or something?

Think there's Smackdown guys on there...Taker for example. Would like to see some dream matches like Taker v Edge, hope they build it up like the homecoming last year

That's a hatrick for Doull
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7588 on: October 01, 2006, 02:41:31 PM »

This 'family reunion' show will probably start the build-up to another inter-brand tag match at the Survivor Series.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7589 on: October 02, 2006, 12:57:27 PM »

Just watched TNA No Surrender, and i actually enjoyed it Shocked

Some lame stuff like the Jackass bullshit wrecking 2 matches, and the main event, just bored me really, i just find it hard to get into Jarrett matches, same with Christian Cage matches to these days (since he joined TNA)

Tag Division is great though i loved the Battle Royal and Ultimate X match.? The 3 Way No DQ was entertaining enough as well ok And just seeing the Angle Promo at the end was great.

Jerry Lynn should come out of retirement and beat the crap out of those 3 X Division Jackass obsessed dudes, just because, well, Lynn rules and the Jackass stuff is lame.

The twin brother tag-team, The Gymini are scheduled to return to the SmackDown brand this week. They have been doing work the past few weeks in Deep South Wrestling.

Hoo-Rah!

3 Teams on the brand again....

Joey Mercury, formerly one half of the tag team MNM, made his return to the ring over the weekend with Ohio Valley Wrestling. Mercury has been out of action for several months, dealing with several personal issues. While there?s not set timetable for his return to the main roster, early reports suggest that he will be brought back to the SmackDown roster to help their cruiserweight division, if not, he could go to ECW. The most unlikely option would see Mercury returning with Johnny Nitro on RAW given Nitro?s success as a singles superstar.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 01:14:12 PM by Stoned » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7590 on: October 02, 2006, 01:22:26 PM »

JBL giving notice appears to have been a negoiating ploy. In agreeing to stay, JBL will now be able to use the corporate jet after the weekly Smackdown tapings, thus only having to miss one day of work per week in her full-time job as an investment banker.

Her??? rant

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7591 on: October 02, 2006, 01:25:45 PM »

JBL giving notice appears to have been a negoiating ploy. In agreeing to stay, JBL will now be able to use the corporate jet after the weekly Smackdown tapings, thus only having to miss one day of work per week in her full-time job as an investment banker.

Her??? rant
So what? Roll Eyes It's a typo...
Evolution
« Reply #7592 on: October 02, 2006, 01:26:25 PM »

I'm wanting some kind of pay-off to the MNM break up.
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7593 on: October 02, 2006, 01:40:31 PM »

mnm, mexicools, road warriors 2005/2006 (w/ heidenrich and animal), the Dicks, come and gone too quick in SD. good times listening to commenting when the Dicks were wrestling. never had that dream match of the Heartthrobs taking on the Dicks - not for the wreslting but the commentating.

wwe writers suck as fire guys instead of thinking. animal vs animal - road warrior guy vs batista woulda been a good match -but never happened. who is the true animal.... but nope. they let rw animal go while feud with matt hardy ended.

still waiting on MH version2.0?Huh? but seems never to happen as matt hardy soon the re-team with jeff.

here's some help for wwe creative: worm vs tatanka - of course tatanka loses; jimmy wang yang vs funaki - jwy wins his first but worm in the corner with funaki distracting ref, then jimmy wang n tatanka vs funaki n worm --- here is the turn of tatanka....and you get your semi stereotype of cowboy vs indian feud (jimmy wang vs tatanka)

oh the only end of a tag team that was truly memorable was shawn michaels kicking the crap out of marty jannety. the  end of the rockers -- though was looking forward to the possible reuinion as marty did a superb match vs angle on raw but then got fired again.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7594 on: October 02, 2006, 01:45:46 PM »

i've wanted Heidenreich to come back since i think if WWE use him right he could fued with either Undertaker (again) or Kane ect. All he needed was alittle more training.

Johnny Nitro vs Jeff Hardy for the Intercontinental Title on tonights Raw, I hope Jeff wins but i can see either Melina or Shelton Benjamin interfering and costing Jeff the title. Nitro is a great wrestler maybe even one of the best on Raw but he could do so much better without Melina, i hope he turns Face soon.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #7595 on: October 02, 2006, 01:51:03 PM »

This is like Jeff's third or fourth shot now. Where is the different matches every week?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7596 on: October 02, 2006, 02:00:10 PM »

^ i know what you mean, i hope Jeff wins though then hopefully we can have some TLC matches ect... more high flying moves & maybe involving Jeff & Super Crazy

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #7597 on: October 02, 2006, 02:09:10 PM »

I hope they carry on last week's Intercontinental Title melee. Maybe matches with a hint of rankings involved?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7598 on: October 02, 2006, 02:45:42 PM »

Her??? rant
So what? Roll Eyes It's a typo...

I'm a spelling nazi.

Evolution
« Reply #7599 on: October 02, 2006, 05:42:48 PM »

A couple of interesting points I read about Kurt Angle.

He will wrestle Christian Cage on the 25th November in Mexico on a TNA show, and Dana White of UFC was desperate to get him before TNA did, to book Daniel Puder Vs Kurt Angle.

I for one would be interested to see how that would end.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: