Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228536 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 835907 times)
Evolution
« Reply #7560 on: September 29, 2006, 06:30:57 PM »

Just watched No Surrender! What an announcement!

I just pray Angle doesn't overdo it  Undecided
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7561 on: September 29, 2006, 06:46:29 PM »

smackdown getting real thin: the no longer active list just got longer  confused

boogeyman, kid kash, juvie, birchill - who did awesome work in england's fmw, brent albright - i forget his name up on SD, christain - but that's kinda old

unsure whether fired: mark henry (no mention he put batista on the shelf during last weeks boojer v batista match), gemini brothers,  benoit

and what the hey are they doing here list: sylan, tatanka, and some raw guys: eugene, duggan - didnt he turncoat in wcw's dying days?, and i can never win a match any more rob conway smoking
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7562 on: September 29, 2006, 08:51:28 PM »

smackdown getting real thin: the no longer active list just got longer? confused

boogeyman, kid kash, juvie, birchill - who did awesome work in england's fmw, brent albright - i forget his name up on SD, christain - but that's kinda old

unsure whether fired: mark henry (no mention he put batista on the shelf during last weeks boojer v batista match), gemini brothers,? benoit

and what the hey are they doing here list: sylan, tatanka, and some raw guys: eugene, duggan - didnt he turncoat in wcw's dying days?, and i can never win a match any more rob conway smoking
Sylvan & Tatanka both fought on Smackdown this week.

Burchill is still under contract and awaiting a new gimmick...

Mark Henry is out injured for at least the next 8 months or so.

Benoit is on the verge of returning...

Gymini are ready to return but word is they are unlikely to...

....Boogeyman was awful in the ring, Kash & Juvi have attitude problems and fall out with every company they join, Christian wanted a break and a lighter schedule and Duggan & Eugene are Heat stars....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7563 on: September 30, 2006, 07:20:14 AM »

Just watched No Surrender! What an announcement!

I just pray Angle doesn't overdo it? Undecided

Here's a great piece of writing. It echos just how concerned everyone is for angle

http://rajah.com/base/node/6448

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7564 on: September 30, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »

I hope Angle doesn't end up as Kevin Nash II.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7565 on: September 30, 2006, 01:21:16 PM »

I hope Angle doesn't end up as Kevin Nash II.
That will never happen.  He was fucked from the get-go, Nash had like 20 operations on his knees before he even became a professional wrestler, i am more worried of Angle going down the Dynamite Kid path........
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7566 on: September 30, 2006, 01:24:50 PM »

i am more worried of Angle going down the Dynamite Kid path........

I'm not really worried about that; he'd still be trying to wrestle, probably.

What about Eddie's path?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7567 on: September 30, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »

What about Eddie's path?
Nah you only had to look at Eddie's body, Steroids to the max were a massive cause, Angle's main problem is painkillers, it's hard to say really, you think, well the internet bullshits and get's things wrong, but if it was serious enough for WWE to let him go, but are TNA stupid enough to take a man who's risking his life?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7568 on: September 30, 2006, 02:19:22 PM »

What about Eddie's path?
Nah you only had to look at Eddie's body, Steroids to the max were a massive cause, Angle's main problem is painkillers, it's hard to say really, you think, well the internet bullshits and get's things wrong, but if it was serious enough for WWE to let him go, but are TNA stupid enough to take a man who's risking his life?

All angle knows is fighting through pain. i.e. broken neck.

I think angles Main problem is his pride and inability to admit that he may have to quit . . coz he doesn't know the meaning of the word.

and once you have taken the pain as he has for so long it becomes what your used to and your determination to be pain free is less as time goes by. He needs a year off IMO.

I mean Vince dropping a HUGE star . . just doesn't happen without real reason

[/color]

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7569 on: September 30, 2006, 02:32:28 PM »

Angle is roided up as well, I can just about assure you.

TNA are taking Angle, but why does that make them stupid? Angle's problems have been so well documented, and along with his trak record, he's the only one who's gonna end up looking stupid. What if Angle became paralyzed when he won his medal with a broken neck? Would the Olympic people be stupid to risk poor Kurt's health?

I can see him getting paralyzed in the ring itself maybe even killed. There's a Vince-like monkier an opponent of Angle could have a la Own Hart's "I just broke your neck" (Steve Austin). The wrestler who's in the ring with him when he dies could build a legacy around the fact that he "Killed Kurt Angle". Joe's gonna kill you, eh? Maybe so Kurt.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #7570 on: September 30, 2006, 03:19:13 PM »

Smackdown, shouldn't be too bad next week, with the pick your poison matches and all. I am expecting Lashley's pick for Booker will be the returning Chris Benoit. You heard it from me first! yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7571 on: September 30, 2006, 03:24:33 PM »

No doubt, most are, but there's such a thing as pushing it too far, Angle isn't anywhere near as bad as what Guerrero was....

....and TNA if they know he's in a bad way should leave him, they should advise him to get help to.

Someone in this thread (Can't remember who...) made the point even though most think that him having a lighter schedule is better, they forget in TNA there are Waaaaay more bumps and high risk stuff with the matches.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #7572 on: September 30, 2006, 03:25:24 PM »

Smackdown, shouldn't be too bad next week, with the pick your poison matches and all. I am expecting Lashley's pick for Booker will be the returning Chris Benoit. You heard it from me first! yes

Woops, just checked that out.....I was wrong?!! no Still, it would've been a kick ass idea though!!! yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7573 on: September 30, 2006, 03:27:12 PM »

Woops, just checked that out.....I was wrong?!! no Still, it would've been a kick ass idea though!!! yes
On Friday Night SmackDown, King Booker and Lashley have to battle an opponent of the other's choice in the first ever "Pick Your Poison." Both have elected to create a friend vs. friend match-up, as King Booker chose Batista as Lashley?s opponent, while Lashley decided to pit Booker against Sir Finlay Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7574 on: September 30, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »

Finally, MVP is going to get in the ring. I bet his opponent will be either Scotty of Funaki.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7575 on: September 30, 2006, 05:22:28 PM »

No doubt, most are, but there's such a thing as pushing it too far, Angle isn't anywhere near as bad as what Guerrero was....

....and TNA if they know he's in a bad way should leave him, they should advise him to get help to.

Someone in this thread (Can't remember who...) made the point even though most think that him having a lighter schedule is better, they forget in TNA there are Waaaaay more bumps and high risk stuff with the matches.

Yeah and angle is not one to let down the fans. He truely wants to be loved even as a bad guy. Some wrestlers only care for fans coz its the way to their paycheck and thats why some refuse to take big bumps especailly when established, But Angle is not one of them he wants the praise and wants the match of the night . . Every night.

I really fear for him

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #7576 on: September 30, 2006, 06:31:45 PM »

Angle's first assignment for TNA will be as a ringside enforcer at Bound For Glory for the NWA Title Match between Jeff Jarrett and Sting.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7577 on: September 30, 2006, 07:48:34 PM »

Angle's first assignment for TNA will be as a ringside enforcer at Bound For Glory for the NWA Title Match between Jeff Jarrett and Sting.

Does anyone else really look forward to Joe and Angle in about 6 months time still both undefeated and slogging it out for the world title.

That would be awesome

[/color]

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7578 on: September 30, 2006, 08:08:24 PM »

that and Angle vs Sting are gonna rock....

does anyone know if ANgle and Goldberg fought while goldberg was in wwe?
cause that too would be a good match as i think angle takes everyone he fights to another level... i remember Bret Hart saying if he was still wreslting he'd wanna face angle.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7579 on: September 30, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »

does anyone know if ANgle and Goldberg fought while goldberg was in wwe?
I'm pretty sure they did not as they were on seperate shows.....

....chances of Goldberg joining though are limited now Vince Russo is on board though.

He's only good for name value to draw in viewers i don't think Goldberg could add that much to things, since the dude ain't gonna come in to put people over, like Samoa Joe, like he should....

....I mean imagine the kind if rub these guys could give to him, if Joe's undefeated streak continued through Goldberg, Angle & Sting....
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: