Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:27:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834192 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7360 on: September 10, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

Really the question is how bad is Angle, will these 90 days do him a lot of good, or just a bit?? The internet does get things wrong, or at least they can stretch the truth, Angle has proven the Doctors wrong before, but i don't think Vince would fire him unless it was serious.? I think he just needs a hell of a lot more time.? Guys get injured and come back early all the time and they just end up being more injury prone.? An example of how to do things right is Shawn Michaels, 4 years off and nows he's had 4 solid years back, yeah he's had a few injury problems but nothing major and that's because he got a shitload of healing time.? I really wanna see Angle in TNA but i can see this blowing up in his face to....

Everytime RAW is on they have a clip from WWE 24-7, now hell i am cheap and i don't subscribe to it, but if you wanna download stuff that's been on it then go to This Link? Cool The dude who uploads this stuff is great.? He also uploads every Impact, ECW, Smackdown, RAW & PPV, you will need Broadband though, the files are big but it's because the dude does them in top quality it's well worth it.? There are a few old WCW PPVs which are from the great nWo 1996-1998 Era and also have several old Nitro's & Raw's, in which you get the broadcasts of each show from that week, so it's interesting to watch both (Commercial free..) and see which was better at the time.? I've just got done watching the 9th September 1996 Broadcasts and Nitro was way better (and double the length...).? There are also several episodes of ECW The History of Hardcore TV, Bloodbath Steel Cage Matches & much more, so let's just say, for those who aren't desperate to see a PPV, don't fork out the cash, download it the next day Wink

And good to have you here Axl4Life no point have different threads at different boards best just to stick to one (the original...) Cheesy

Edit:

Scott Hall, who will turn 48 years old next month, is currently training in hopes of making an in-ring comeback. Scott Hall and Sean Waltman have talked over an idea where DX would feud with the nWo. They plan on pitching the idea to WWE. Coincidently, a few people within WWE have proposed the idea of a DX vs. nWo feud as well, although there are several people adamantly against the idea.

Should WWE ultimately reject the idea, Hall's second plan would be to join TNA. He was last seen in the promotion in January 2005. Hall also said that he doesn't want to go on the road full-time, in which case TNA would probably be a better fit for him than WWE.

Also note, two DX vs. nWo Survivor Series posters surfaced online a few weeks ago - which is what originally sparked the DX vs. nWo internet rumors. Both posters are both fake, however, there is a good chance that this feud could become a reality after all.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 08:45:24 AM by Stoned » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7361 on: September 10, 2006, 01:27:44 PM »

Thanks for that link  ok

Kurt has lost his mind  no

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7362 on: September 10, 2006, 01:53:39 PM »

Whatever happened to Sean O' Haire? He had that cool "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know" gimmick, joined up with Roddy Piper, then disappeared.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7363 on: September 10, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »

Whatever happened to Sean O' Haire? He had that cool "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know" gimmick, joined up with Roddy Piper, then disappeared.
That gimmick was the best gimmick ever that was never used.  They had those fantastic promo's, then did not know what to do with him, so he got stuck with a past it Piper as a lackey really, then Piper got fired which meant, Velocity for him, then they let him go.  He's been mixing it up in the MMA world, he's lost, is in much worse shape, and wants his job back, he had a tryout match but no contact was offered....'tis a damn shame

Here's an MMA Promo of his

Here's Fight #1

Here's Fight #2

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #7364 on: September 10, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »

Really the question is how bad is Angle, will these 90 days do him a lot of good, or just a bit?? The internet does get things wrong, or at least they can stretch the truth, Angle has proven the Doctors wrong before, but i don't think Vince would fire him unless it was serious.? I think he just needs a hell of a lot more time.? Guys get injured and come back early all the time and they just end up being more injury prone.? An example of how to do things right is Shawn Michaels, 4 years off and nows he's had 4 solid years back, yeah he's had a few injury problems but nothing major and that's because he got a shitload of healing time.? I really wanna see Angle in TNA but i can see this blowing up in his face to....

Everytime RAW is on they have a clip from WWE 24-7, now hell i am cheap and i don't subscribe to it, but if you wanna download stuff that's been on it then go to This Link? Cool The dude who uploads this stuff is great.? He also uploads every Impact, ECW, Smackdown, RAW & PPV, you will need Broadband though, the files are big but it's because the dude does them in top quality it's well worth it.? There are a few old WCW PPVs which are from the great nWo 1996-1998 Era and also have several old Nitro's & Raw's, in which you get the broadcasts of each show from that week, so it's interesting to watch both (Commercial free..) and see which was better at the time.? I've just got done watching the 9th September 1996 Broadcasts and Nitro was way better (and double the length...).? There are also several episodes of ECW The History of Hardcore TV, Bloodbath Steel Cage Matches & much more, so let's just say, for those who aren't desperate to see a PPV, don't fork out the cash, download it the next day Wink

And good to have you here Axl4Life no point have different threads at different boards best just to stick to one (the original...) Cheesy

Edit:

Scott Hall, who will turn 48 years old next month, is currently training in hopes of making an in-ring comeback. Scott Hall and Sean Waltman have talked over an idea where DX would feud with the nWo. They plan on pitching the idea to WWE. Coincidently, a few people within WWE have proposed the idea of a DX vs. nWo feud as well, although there are several people adamantly against the idea.

Should WWE ultimately reject the idea, Hall's second plan would be to join TNA. He was last seen in the promotion in January 2005. Hall also said that he doesn't want to go on the road full-time, in which case TNA would probably be a better fit for him than WWE.

Also note, two DX vs. nWo Survivor Series posters surfaced online a few weeks ago - which is what originally sparked the DX vs. nWo internet rumors. Both posters are both fake, however, there is a good chance that this feud could become a reality after all.

Thanks Stoned! And thanks alot for that link too, im gonna check it out now! beer

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #7365 on: September 10, 2006, 04:49:09 PM »

The link doesnt work!  Cry
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7366 on: September 10, 2006, 06:13:52 PM »

The link doesnt work!? Cry
Just checked looks like the site is down, happened the other week, try the link again tomorrow it should be fine then ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7367 on: September 10, 2006, 06:22:52 PM »

We know that Scott Hall is aching for a return at the moment.

It seems like he would rather do a DX/NWO angle than anything else. Even Vince feels TNA would be better for him, and he's right.

Playing the fantasy booker here, what do you think of bringing back Razor Ramon on a concervative basis for WWE?

If it doesn't work out for whatever reason they can let him go to TNA where he would be able to work very minimaly.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #7368 on: September 10, 2006, 06:32:28 PM »

You mean bring him back actually as Razor Ramon? I'd say a certain afro haired Raw wrestler's gimmick would be fucked  hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7369 on: September 10, 2006, 06:46:34 PM »

Hey Chico, that's not cool Cool

I want Hall back even at 48, but not as Razor, i know it won't work, the angle won't work and in a few weeks i'll be bored of it, but for a few cheap pops and a week or 2 of marking out what the hell, then you can fire him.  Fact is on paper it sounds cool, and everyone wants to relive the glory days because things plain suck now, but ultimately, realistically, with a sensible mindset, we don't need a retread or a remake or a rehash of the past or the past showing up, we need a Revolution dammit!  New characters, stables and storylines, decent ones, fresh ones, we need Bong Buster Bundy  Cool smoking

...Seriously though, you get my point right?
Evolution
« Reply #7370 on: September 10, 2006, 06:49:38 PM »

Ya, we need something different.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7371 on: September 10, 2006, 06:52:55 PM »

Ya, we need something different.
You know how people complain the music industry has hit a brick wall because there's only so many different melodies, riffs and variations and you end up repeating them and your limited and everything has been done, wrestling seems to be that way, you know people seem to have that mindset.  We've had the high flying revolution, we've had the hardcore one and we've had the soap opera storyline one.....what's next.....no fucker knows confused Undecided
Evolution
« Reply #7372 on: September 10, 2006, 06:57:11 PM »

What if they go back to the seventies stuff? Territories, Regional Champions etc.

Did anyone else read that with about a modern day NWA kind of set-up? Involved six or seven Japanese promotions and Ring Of Honor.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7373 on: September 10, 2006, 07:01:47 PM »

What if they go back to the seventies stuff? Territories, Regional Champions etc.
Backwards in going forwards, that's a new one, they are still nabbing ideas and rehashing things they are just going further back, the business should be moving forwards...
Evolution
« Reply #7374 on: September 10, 2006, 07:04:56 PM »

I know, but how can wrestling evolve any more? Maybe they should try to appeal to legit sports fans like UFC does? However, with a predetermined sport that's probably impossible.

Maybe you'll see Wrestling headlines in the back of the newspaper in years to come?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7375 on: September 10, 2006, 08:07:18 PM »

I'm amazed they haven't come up with a wrestling character taking the piss out of the wrestling community, i mean we get so much shit, and company's are so keen on 'shooting' these days, it's only a matter of time before they debut a character called Mark Smart right? hihi
Evolution
« Reply #7376 on: September 10, 2006, 08:11:01 PM »

Haha, what kinda antics would he do?

Guess who guys.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7377 on: September 10, 2006, 08:21:59 PM »

Holy Shit, no wonder Flair boasts about kissing the girls and making them cry when the hell is that from?

Mark Smart would come down and interupt matches, telling the guys they don't know how to 'work'.  He'd stop a Viscera vs Snitsky match and explain that neither of them are 'Over', the internet mocks them but they don't like them.  His motto would be, don't Mark be a Smark.  His finisher would be called 'The Mark Out!'. Cool
Evolution
« Reply #7378 on: September 10, 2006, 08:24:06 PM »

He's a dead ringer for Davey Boy.

Haha, he would probably recreate all the fads. "T-shirts to tight too Todd!"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7379 on: September 10, 2006, 08:32:01 PM »

He'd wear a sombrero, kiss CM Punk's ass and complain to HHH for never letting him win oh and he'd start a feud with some big dumb hoss over the fact that he never sells, 'I hit you with the chair, you pretend to be hurt, get it?? Right that's it, i challenge you to a last man standing match and dammit it, start selling or i'll beat the hell out of you' hihi

Edit: And his other catchphrase would have to be 'I Don't Knoooooooooooooooooooooooooow'

He could also bring up the myth that goes round every now and then that Randy Savage banged Steph when she was like 14.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 08:34:04 PM by Stoned » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: