Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:48:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833871 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7320 on: September 07, 2006, 04:24:10 PM »

Apparently Chris Jericho played Get In The Ring on his radio show...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7321 on: September 07, 2006, 08:04:05 PM »

source: Pro Wrestling Torch

There has been some talk at the WWE discussion table in regards to bringing back Kevin Nash, 47, and Scott Hall, 47 (48 next month). Should they return, the duo would come in to feud with DX once the McMahon vs. DX feud runs its course. The possibility of a "DX vs. NWO" feud seems to be much too hard to write off completely and that it should at least be be considered.

As expected, there are some people within WWE who don't want anything to do with either Kevin Nash nor Scott Hall - all for different reasons. WWE sources are denying the possibility of The Outsiders returning to WWE, but they have admitted that the idea of them returning has been proposed within various circles.

Kevin Nash's TNA status is currently in limbo. If his contract hasn't run out already, it probably will soon. As for Scott Hall, in an interview with a Puerto Rico wrestling site back in June, he said that he was healthy and that he was training for a possible in-ring return.

A feud that would be over/cancelled the second Nash got himself injured or Hall fell off the wagon....Sweet Roll Eyes

Still i'd mark like crazy, i miss Hall.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #7322 on: September 08, 2006, 03:14:28 AM »

I say if you bring back both Nash and Hall, dont mention the NWO at all, I think its been over-played and needs to be let go. Just let them come back as The Outsiders without actually bringing back the tag-line NWO and let em raise some hell. I for one would like to see Hall back in the ring, if he really is healthy, but Nash I think should prolly hang it up, last time I saw him he was moving like hogan and that ain't good. Well maybe not that bad, but he wasn't lookin good. But it could still be a good fued, just end the damn vince vs. dx thing already. After hell in a cell of course. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7323 on: September 08, 2006, 06:53:02 AM »

I'm all for them as nWo but with some lackeys Wink? As the heels they need to get cheap wins and have the unfair advantage, especially considering Nash's lack of mobility he can't really do run-in beat downs himself.? They should get Bischoff as a mouth piece for the group (well another one they are all good on the mic), as for lackeys, Buff Bagwell & Brian Adams, hey they could even get Macho Man back in the group before he does this Surreal Life bollocks, Maybe bring X-Pac in for D-X and have him turn and return to the nWo as Syxx.? I would much rather have than instead of them getting help from The Mcmahons, Spirit Squad and/or ECW & Smackdown heels.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7324 on: September 08, 2006, 08:34:58 AM »

yay....DX vs nWo....can someone say trying to relive the glory days Roll Eyes

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7325 on: September 08, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »

...Oh and i wasn't joking Tongue

Well i am in honest shock Huh Huh

If a DX vs nWo angle was done well it would be awesome. I just fear that everyone in that feud is too old. And i think to do it you would need Hogan in nWo

The outsiders would be a cool tag team in WWE

Goldberg Vs Gillberg hihi

Gillberg was so funny

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Evolution
« Reply #7326 on: September 08, 2006, 11:13:31 AM »

I'd mark for a DX vs Paparazzis feud.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7327 on: September 08, 2006, 04:12:32 PM »

The Sabu.RVD vs Knox and Test match was amazing on ECW. Probably one of the most entertaining matches Ive watched all year

Im sick of DX sick of Hall and Nash, New ideas are needed horribly.

All WWE need to do is get some organizational skills back. Drop the brand extension to beef up the feuds and rosters.

Imagine if the brand was ended, U would have:

World Title picture:
Edge
Cena
Orton
HHH
HBK
King Booker
Batista

IC Title battle:
Lashley
Nitro
Finlay
Benjamin
Kennedy
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy

U could form some kick ass tag teams

U could still have two shows, spread all the feuds over 2 shows.

If storyline A happens on Raw it stays on Raw and u could have other storylines on Smackdown but the brand extension needs to end as the roster is way too thin.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #7328 on: September 08, 2006, 04:18:41 PM »

If they cut a lot of the filler and joined the rosters things would be awesome.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7329 on: September 08, 2006, 05:15:02 PM »

With ECW now it is VERY possible to end the split.

Send the following to ECW

Rey Mysterio
Chris Benoit
Super Crazy
Psicosis

Fire:

Great Khali
Mark Henry
Sylvester Terkay
Funaki
Vito
Tatanka
C.W. Anderson
Danny Doring
Viscera
Snitsky
Sylvan
Ric Flair
Mitch
Nicky
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7330 on: September 09, 2006, 06:34:07 AM »

Sean "X-Pac" Waltman made a surprise appearance at the 9/8 RAW brand house show in Tampa, Florida. After DX defeated Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade in match, X-Pac came down to ringside to celebrate with them. Both Triple H and Shawn Michaels looked surprised by his arrival. X-Pac wore street clothes and he did some crotch chops.

At the moment, it is unclear if Waltman has re-signed with WWE or if this was simply a one time thing due to his nearby residence in Tampa. Back in May and June, there had been some rumblings about him joining DX.

Go on Jim, you can jump out a window now hihi

And here's some classic X-Pac:

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7331 on: September 09, 2006, 06:50:20 AM »

Sean "X-Pac" Waltman made a surprise appearance at the 9/8 RAW brand house show in Tampa, Florida. After DX defeated Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade in match, X-Pac came down to ringside to celebrate with them. Both Triple H and Shawn Michaels looked surprised by his arrival. X-Pac wore street clothes and he did some crotch chops.

At the moment, it is unclear if Waltman has re-signed with WWE or if this was simply a one time thing due to his nearby residence in Tampa. Back in May and June, there had been some rumblings about him joining DX.

Go on Jim, you can jump out a window now hihi

And here's some classic X-Pac:

Hmmm.... SummerSlam '98 Hair v Hair?

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7332 on: September 09, 2006, 06:54:34 AM »

Fire:

Ric Flair

Are you serious?? nervous

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #7333 on: September 09, 2006, 07:04:45 AM »

I'm pretty sure he was and I agree with him 100% that flair needs to be fired. Hes a has been that should have walked out 7 years ago when he tried to bring back the four horseman in WCW. I got sick of him than, and I have not bought a PPV because he's on the card and I can't stand to see him anymore. I'll compromise for fans of Flair, keep him away from the ring at all costs, no wrestling what so ever, give him a manager role or something so hes not on but once or twice a month. But of course all wrestling fans would be better off if Flair left for good.? smoking
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 07:06:44 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7334 on: September 09, 2006, 07:16:08 AM »

Flair is THE legend. NONE of the guys in wrestling now will ever achieve anything close to what Flair did. He himself carried wrestling for decades. Yeah, Hulkamania got the little kids to worship, but who was everyone else watching? Flair. If the so called "experts" were to list the top 10 matches of all time. Flair would be in half of them. His title runs eclipse all others. The greatest feuds in wrestling history involve Flair. His name alone filled arenas before there ever was an Austin or a Hogan. Didn't matter whether people loved him or hated him, they watched.

you dont just throw a legend in the trash. You let him leave on his terms.

phone Pilferk?

Jump into this thread. Let's take these guys to school. hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7335 on: September 09, 2006, 08:07:10 AM »

Summerslam '98  yes

Hell Yeah i'm serious.

And i'm sorry but he would not be in half the top ten matches of all time, he was a great worker true but his persona and mic skills were a big part of who and what he was.  He may love the business but he's stayed around for way to long and become a joke and unfortunately the dude has damaged his legend a lot.  People don't buy a PPV to see Ric Flair, because they see him every week and know he's a shell of his former self, guys like Hogan make their appearances rare, so people want to see them and they can demand ample paychecks, Hogan sells PPVs Flair doesn't anymore, it's a hard pill to swallow but it's true.  If he'd of retired years ago and just came back for rare appearances and big feuds his worth would be so much higher and he would not be seen as a joke anymore, I loved the build up to the feud with Foley, mainly cos of Foley but now it's over, he's exhausted himself and there is nobody i really wanna see him fight, the dude in recent years has just been incoherent in his interviews.  And yeah people defending him say, look at his hardcore matches he's gone crazy bumping like that is amazing for his age, well that's true, but fighting at 80 years old would be amazing to, doesn't mean people wanna see it though.

Fire him was a bit 'direct' but he needs to go, he needs pushing in the right direction, given him a big Wrestlemania match and have it be his last match.....Dusty Rhodes vs Ric Flair Wink
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7336 on: September 09, 2006, 09:10:46 AM »

Well, as you know, I dont watch it much anymore, so I dont know how bad he is now. But the guy is a legend, and I stand by what I said. I remember wrestling in the good old days. He carried it. The wrestling world pretty much revolved around him. Every Flair match was big news. If memory serves me correctly(I'm sure it does), Flair was on more magazine covers than Hogan, even at the height of Hulkamania. That speaks volumes in itself. The guy has so many records that no one will ever get near him. He has held every major title except the AWA title, and the only reason he never held that is because the organization folded before he had the opportunity.

In my opinion, he is up there with the likes of Jordan, Ali, Tyson, Hogan, The Stones,etc. The name alone could guarantee a sell out.

Name one guy who's resume even comes close to Ric Flair. ok

I agree with you that he probably should have retired already at some point. In my opinion, should have quit after Hogan beat him for the WCW title in 1994. It was a shitty way to end a great title reign. But if he wants to continue for some reason, dont you think he has earned that right? Wrestling is already terrible, so how is a legend being involved making it any worse? nervous

Flair vs Rhodes, Flair vs Steamboat, Flair vs Sting, Flair vs Funk, Flair vs Windham, Flair vs Savage, Flair vs Vader, hell, even Flair vs Morton are all worthy of any legit top wrestling matches of all time list. smoking

Evolution
« Reply #7337 on: September 09, 2006, 11:11:47 AM »

Exciting news about X-Pac!

Regarding Flair, he is an complete waste of air time in non-gimmick matches. All he does is chop and sell like a comedy character. Legend? Yes, definately, but he has overstayed his welcome by years.

He ought to become a full-time mentor like he was to Triple H but full-time. Give him someone like Chris Masters or something and aid him.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7338 on: September 09, 2006, 11:24:23 AM »

^ Exactly there is no doubt he is a legend but by staying around past his prime he is damaging his legendary persona, it annoys me because he was great.  And yes those matches you mention are no doubt top bouts but there are plenty of other guys who have top 10 quality matches, Flair would not have half the matches in a top ten match list as you stated, no way, like i said he was a great worker but there have been plenty better in ring workers even in his prime!  As you said the name alone could guarantee a sell out, it doesn't now, not even close, Hogan does.  Flair has been jobbed out and overused to much in the past 4 years and done himself no favours....

....Don't get me wrong i'm not knocking what he was done, but he should hang it up, the new generation of fans who have been watching since 2000- must have a shit opinion of him, i mean really...

.....And that whole holding so many titles thing and he's held more World Titles than anyone, true, he has also lost more World Titles than anyone hihi

Hoo-Rah!
Evolution
« Reply #7339 on: September 09, 2006, 11:26:40 AM »

Here's a little example for you guys. I saw Ric Flair wrestle live in spring last year. All I remember is that he had his arse hanging out his trunks for about 5 minutes of the match. I saw Kurt Angle wrestle last summer. All I remember is that he and Booker T had an amazing match.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: