Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:27:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832704 times)
Evolution
« Reply #7260 on: September 01, 2006, 01:39:16 PM »

To be fair to Raven, problems with his thyroid have attributed a lot to his weight recently.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7261 on: September 01, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »

I mean how can you claim to be the No1 federation when in my mind they don't have the most entertaining Wrestler in AJ Styles.
Because they get better ratings and make way more money Wink

Thats the best wrestling business

thats not the best federation.

Thats not why i watch wrestling i watch it because i want to be entertained and watching DX and the Mcmahons try to re-hash the Mcmahon Austin angle doesn't interest me as much as seeing how the feud between AJ Styles & C.Daniels vs LAX or Samoan Joe vs Rhino or even Nash vs Chris sabin.

In fact i'm not sure what i'd prefer to watch out of Cena vs Edge and Sting vs Jarrett. Edge is great but i hate cena.

I think the money match in WWE is RVD vs Edge and HHH vs Orton . . . but that doesn't look like thats gonna happen. I'd also like to see Carlito vs Batista

WWE is still my favourite fed but TNA is producing better matches and that reminds me of ECW

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7262 on: September 01, 2006, 01:53:50 PM »

in the end WWE always make the competition tap out, McMahon is a genious, once TNA gets too big Vince will knock em back down or completely eliminate them

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7263 on: September 01, 2006, 02:02:55 PM »

in the end WWE always make the competition tap out, McMahon is a genious, once TNA gets too big Vince will knock em back down or completely eliminate them

Only because of money.

If Abramovich took over TNA tomorrow. It would be a different story.

Ted Turner beat vince for 82 weeks was it . . and then decided he wanted to sell up as it declined.

Its not impossible to beat WWE with the right money. And thats what TNA and old ECW lacked.

But vince is a genius a for the most part. But all you need is 1 superstar that the general public wanna watch more than any WWE superstar just like happened with Goldberg and the nWo.

Its like men (Vince) vs Boys (TNA) in terms of finance. but in terms of entertainment  . . . for me i look forward to TNA PPV more than WWE

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #7264 on: September 01, 2006, 02:17:32 PM »

And when was the last time you got a thumbtacks match on Raw?  Wink
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7265 on: September 01, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »

And when was the last time you got a thumbtacks match on Raw?? Wink

taker/foley hell in a cell hihi it's been a bit rofl

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7266 on: September 01, 2006, 02:22:43 PM »

And when was the last time you got a thumbtacks match on Raw?? Wink

Yeah.

But forget the gimmicks even. The matches are simply faster paced and generally more exciting.

and It seems to me they all have these awesome finishers.

Chris Daniels finisher makes the Pedigree look lame. The Canadian Destroyer is Awesome. AJ Styles Styles clash is cool too.

And Rhino's Gore makes Edge's Spear look lame. But saying that Goldbergs Spear is still the king for me.

WWE stop moves being performed coz of safety . . i mean Cena's finisher is a crap form of the Death Valley Driver isn't it? I miss the Stunner or the Rock Bottom . . And i miss Helm's Vertabreaker

[/color]

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7267 on: September 02, 2006, 02:05:16 PM »

A WWE contract signing degenerates into chaos!  Shocked

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7268 on: September 02, 2006, 02:07:41 PM »

A WWE contract signing degenerates into chaos!? Shocked

hahaha

i thought the same.

Its like DDP'd diamond cutter . . . You just never see it coming Wink

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7269 on: September 02, 2006, 02:14:48 PM »

I mean really, can't they pull a swerve and just have the guys shake hands and leave the ring.... hihi

Smackdown was damn solid last night! ?The opening bs i skipped through i have no desire to watch any of that feud. ?Hardy vs Helms was a decent match and a feud between these 2 is only going to produce good quality stuff. ?The Miz was ok, i'm still reserving judgment, i mean his match was crap but he wasn't at fault. ?The US Title match was great, match of the night and one of the best tv matches in a long while. ?Good to see they are acknowledging the tag division, 3 teams in one ring Shocked Shocked ?Vito needs firing, the gimmick stinks, hopefully MVP will debut and end Vito's career with a sick amazing looking finisher (Storyline-wise obviously so then on wwe.com they can wish him well in his future endeavours, i would never wish a real career ending injury on the dude....really Wink). ?The 'Predictable' contract signing was cool, it was kept short, Booker was hilarious as usual (Speaking of hilarious, that Jimmy Wayne Yang vignette was great) and Batista got some of his heat back and having him finish on top sent the fans home happy.....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7270 on: September 02, 2006, 04:55:27 PM »

I mean really, can't they pull a swerve and just have the guys shake hands and leave the ring.... hihi

Smackdown was damn solid last night! ?The opening bs i skipped through i have no desire to watch any of that feud. ?Hardy vs Helms was a decent match and a feud between these 2 is only going to produce good quality stuff. ?The Miz was ok, i'm still reserving judgment, i mean his match was crap but he wasn't at fault. ?The US Title match was great, match of the night and one of the best tv matches in a long while. ?Good to see they are acknowledging the tag division, 3 teams in one ring Shocked Shocked ?Vito needs firing, the gimmick stinks, hopefully MVP will debut and end Vito's career with a sick amazing looking finisher (Storyline-wise obviously so then on wwe.com they can wish him well in his future endeavours, i would never wish a real career ending injury on the dude....really Wink). ?The 'Predictable' contract signing was cool, it was kept short, Booker was hilarious as usual (Speaking of hilarious, that Jimmy Wayne Yang vignette was great) and Batista got some of his heat back and having him finish on top sent the fans home happy.....

i was gonna get rid of matt hardy but now he's in the title picture he looks an inspired pick

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7271 on: September 03, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

To all my respective fans in WWE/ECW,

The letter you are about to read is not from WWE, nor from my agent, but from me- Kurt Angle?to my all fans.

This is my personal 'Thank You' straight from my heart, to all my fans for being here with me and providing me with the most honorable privilege to perform and entertain for you. Thank you for tuning into your TVs weekly, for visiting me at hundreds of house show chanting 'You Suck' (I love that phrase), to every single good, bad or indifferent e-mail I've received over the past 6 years and continue to receive daily.

Thank you for being there and making my life truly blessed. When I came to WWE, many fans had doubts that an Olympic Gold Medalist in Amateur Wrestling could turn and master the art of Sports Entertainment. To my humble surprise, God graciously granted me the gift to make this exciting transition in my life. Coming into the WWE, I had one goal in mind...to be the VERY BEST! Many say I am; some may say I'm not. But I want you to know with over six solid years of non-stop wrestling action under my belt from all the shows to the world tours...I treated every single match as if it were my last!

I've never known a time in my life from training, competition or entertainment that I have not tried to give over 100%. I honestly do not know of any other way to wrestle or perform, and I have always wanted to give YOU, the fans, what I would expect to see. From the entertainment standpoint, (good guy or bad guy), it's been truly exciting, but I know in my heart that I have not reached my peak. Critics have compared me to very honorable wrestlers like Rick (sic) Flair, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker, all of whom I value and truly respect. But there is one BIG difference between us. I am by far the most aggressive and intense athlete of all on the mat. When I step into the ring, I treat it as real, it feels real and then I play it like a real shoot fight.

As an amateur wrestler for 23 years and a pro for 6, unfortunately over the past 4 years I have suffered many injuries. I broke my neck twice and had two major neck surgeries. I've fractured my ribs, hip, tailbone, fingers and toes while also tearing almost every major muscle at least one time or another. Injuries have always been a natural part of the business and my life, but where I have failed is not taking the time off to recover. When I'm off the mental stress, sitting back becomes worse than the physical pain. Something tells my inner soul to go back regardless of the condition. The funny thing is, this obsession is what the industry loves, but this obsession can also be my destruction.

Week after week, day after day, 250 days a year on the road can be a living hell for anyone, especially when you're in daily pain for months on end. It was at home when I began to realize how severe the problems were- when a simple task like taking out the garbage is like a full workout and I needed Motrin in order to get up and do it.

It's time to rest! After 6 long years, I looked into my wife's eyes and finally saw that she, too, was severely stressed and worn out due to my livelihood that she had to endure. My 3-year old daughter Kyra basically became my nurse, thinking she had to put ice packs or heating pads on my neck, back and legs because she could see the pain her daddy was in.

At this point, something happened that made me realize that wrestling wasn't the most important thing in my life. I sat down with my wife Karen, who had tears in her eyes. I could see in her face how concerned she was for me. She said, "I love you. I didn't marry you because you were a WWE Superstar. I married you before you ever joined them. Kurt, I'm so worried that if you continue going at this pace, something bad is really going to happen and I don't want Kyra and Kody (our unborn son) to grow up without their father."

I did take this all to heart, but then, as usual, a couple of days later, I went back on the road, wanting to electrify my new ECW fans.

My last event was at the Westchester Arena in White Plains, New York. The show was sold out. The main event was me against RVD. I had a great match against RVD as the fans were cheering for both of us. The more we wrestled (Rob and I wrestle more of a realistic shoot style), the more I wanted to give them. Ten minutes into the match, I severely pulled my groin. Most wrestlers would have quit right on the spot. But the fans were chanting louder and louder "THIS MATCH RULES!" continuously, so I kept going. Compensating for my groin injury, I pulled my lower abdominal muscle off my pelvic bone. Now, I was in trouble, but I looked up at the fans and they were screaming louder than ever.

So Rob and I started into our finish, false finish after false finish, back and forth. But the one thing the fans noticed is that I was doing half of the match on one leg. That made it feel even more real for the fans. I can only thank God and the fans for keeping me going, as I was in so much pain. And at the end of the match, I had the opportunity to beat RVD. I set him up for the Angle Slam and Rob countered with a flying DDT. My hamstring blew out. The fans cheered and I could not move in the ring. As the agonizing pain grew greater, I could only look around. Every fan was on their feet giving me a standing ovation. And this was at a house show, not a PPV. My only regret was that I could not stand up and thank them all for it.

To the ones who love me, the ones who hated me and even the ones who loved to hate me- You were and are my inspiration. God was and is my strength and so is my family?my Mom, sister and brothers, my father (God rest his soul), my Manager Dave Hawk and most especially, my wife Karen, who went through hell during my career. She has never given up on me.

Fans, thank you all for the memories. It was quite a ride. I would not trade any of it for the world. As I sit here a bit teary eyed, I do want all of you to know, I will be fine. I will finally get to spend some real quality time with my family? time that is much, much overdue. My plan and goal is to become stronger mentally, physically and spiritually. I, Kurt Angle, will be back! That's a promise. And that's DAMN TRUE!

Vince, if you happen to read this, I want to again say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a great man!

When we get together, the next cup of coffee is on me. ; )

God Bless,

Kurt Angle

Good read, he will be missed but i don't doubt that he will be back one day yes
Evolution
« Reply #7272 on: September 03, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »

Great reading, I look forward to seeing him at least one more time in there  Smiley
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7273 on: September 03, 2006, 07:13:32 PM »

Well when reading that t almost seems a fake but i take it as a sincere departure note from Kurt, almost with a tear in my eye. Hope to see you back buddy!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7274 on: September 03, 2006, 07:21:38 PM »

thanks for posting that, i hated him at first but in less than 6 months he was one of my favorites, one of the few left that was the all around package and he always put his body on the line for the performance beer cheers kurt, enjoy your family ok

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7275 on: September 04, 2006, 12:07:22 PM »

Kurt Angle. Could wrestle, do a good promo and play the guitar. What a guy.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7276 on: September 04, 2006, 02:52:18 PM »

Credit: PWInsider

With WrestleMania 23 coming around the corner taking place at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan the WWE is faced with the challenge of selling 78,000 tickets for the event. WWE has gone to the drawing board to formulate a card that would be capable of drawing that many fans to the event. Several main events have been talked about and include Austin vs. Hogan, Austin vs. Cena, Hogan vs. Cena, and Rock vs. Cena. It is very unlikely The Rock will be part of WrestleMania as he has stated that he is entirely done with professional wrestling on many different occasions. Austin vs. Hogan would be without a doubt a huge draw, but the there isn't a strong likelihood that the match would happen. Right now it seems that the most likely main event will be either Cena vs. Hogan or Cena vs. Austin. The last time WrestleMania was in Detroit was in 1987 for WrestleMania III when the WWE set a world record with 93,173 fans in attendance

Cena would HAVE to play the heel, or at least that's how he would be treated....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7277 on: September 04, 2006, 02:57:14 PM »

Austin should play heel. He'd get cheared for more anyway

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7278 on: September 04, 2006, 03:06:06 PM »

Austin should play heel. He'd get cheared for more anyway
Would they want Austin and/or Hogan to job to Cena?

In all fairness Cena needs the win and rub but i could not see either one being too keen on coming back to job....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7279 on: September 04, 2006, 03:09:33 PM »

If Cena is face and ends up getting beaten to a bloody pulp by a heel/dirty Austin and manages a valiant effort, it won't end up hurting him.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: