Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:21:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832642 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7240 on: September 01, 2006, 06:46:30 AM »

The writing just isn't as good these days as it was.

I remember Macho Man vs Ultimate Warrior for Summerslam 92 i think. Ric Flair and Mr perfect claimed one of the participants had bought him to be the difference maker. The story ran for like 2 months and was put together really well and had each wrestler accusing the other.

It was genius. And you dont get that anymore.

as far as promos go

WWE has Carlito, Randy Orton, Edge & Ken Kennedy who IMO are great at promos

TNA has Christian, Rhino, James Gang, Christopher Daniels, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Monty Brown. I just think they have more. And people like AJ Styles who is shit on the mic. Make up for it.

I agree you work to your strengths but some are shit on the mic and shit in the ring . . . what do they offer? I mean i'm not even interested in Batista. He bores me on the mic and in the ring

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7241 on: September 01, 2006, 06:57:16 AM »

as far as promos go

+

HBK
HHH
Vince Mcmahon
King Booker
William Regal
Paul Heyman
Jesse Gymini
yes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7242 on: September 01, 2006, 07:51:17 AM »

as far as promos go

+

HBK
HHH
Vince Mcmahon
King Booker
William Regal
Paul Heyman
Jesse Gymini
yes

Triple H has done the same promo for 6 years. . . thats not good its boring to me. Vince ok but he's not a wrestler.

King Booker is good and i forgot him

Reagl is aweful. He attracts heat but its cheap and not great by any length

Heyman is ECW thats different

Jesse . . haven't seen him

and as far as HBK goes . . well you know how i feel about him. Most overated ever in my book. Good but nothing more than that. Most TNA wrestlers could out promo him.

I forgot the dudleys  and LAX from TNA too. No one does better promos than the dudleys

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7243 on: September 01, 2006, 08:13:08 AM »

HBK
Most TNA wrestlers could out promo him.

No one does better promos than the dudleys
Seriously dude, do you really believe those 2 statements.? I mean yeah Team 3D have done some good promo's in their time but there have been plenty better, and there promo's haven't exactly evolved or changed over the years, they are a hell of a lot staler and more repetative than Triple H

....and most TNA wrestlers could out promo HBK..... Shocked ....i can understand people not liking him, but failing to acknowledge his talent like that, TNA creative/manangement would be overjoyed beyond belief if their guys could out promo HBK, most of them aren't even in the same league...

William Regal is a master on the mic.? Admittedly his 'All Hail King Booker' stuff sucks but that's just the unimaginative creative for you, that is cheap heat, but in the past, when given good material he's been awesome....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15cBVRyJig

Edit: Oh and Vince counts as a wrestler if you ask me, he's had a match at Wrestlemania, Backlash, Summerslam and has one scheduled for Unforgiven Tongue

Edit #2: In case you didn't read WWE's press release today, here are the updated PPV buy numbers:

Judgment Day: 231,000 (236,000 last year)
One Night Stand: 280,000 (268,000 last year)
Vengeance: 313,000 (320,000 last year)
The Great American Bash: 224,000 (233,000 last year)

GAB is cursed, if you ask me they should rename it King of the Ring and bring it back permanently, actually if you ask me it should be interbrand.  Yeah so turn GAB into King of the Ring a RAW/Smackdown/ECW event, that does mean Smackdown loses a PPV so they're like one behind, so to balance up the numbers, switch it round with Judgment Day so it ain't next to Summerslam, you don't want interbrand PPVs back-to-back and give say Unforgiven to ECW and rename it, er, Anarchy Rulz
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:36:11 AM by Stoned » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #7244 on: September 01, 2006, 08:31:48 AM »

Maybe it's just for the duration of the DX thing, but Shawn looks way too uncomfortable on the mic these days, there's no conviction there at all. Triple H has the opposite problem, he has to pretty much carry every single promo they do, and as such it comes across as him trying way too hard.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7245 on: September 01, 2006, 08:38:32 AM »

Maybe it's just for the duration of the DX thing, but Shawn looks way too uncomfortable on the mic these days, there's no conviction there at all. Triple H has the opposite problem, he has to pretty much carry every single promo they do, and as such it comes across as him trying way too hard.
Yeah the D-X thing isn't working, i think they need splitting, send one of them to Smackdown, it'll help Smackdown and be fresh for whichever one of them that goes there since they ain't been there before.? HBK feuding with the likes of King Booker, Ken Kennedy & Finlay would be really cool if you ask me (and not Gnrfan? Tongue)

Edit: The new Motorhead CD that came out on Tuesday gave a thank you to the following wrestling personalities: Chris Jericho, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, Batista, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Jim Johnston and Bret Hart. Yes, you read correctly, Bret Hart.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 09:11:11 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #7246 on: September 01, 2006, 09:21:42 AM »

I wonder why he thanks Bret  Huh

Regal is hilarious on the mic! He got Eugene over single handedly  yes
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #7247 on: September 01, 2006, 09:22:24 AM »

Because he's Canadian?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #7248 on: September 01, 2006, 09:22:44 AM »

Ah yeah, fair enough.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #7249 on: September 01, 2006, 09:23:32 AM »

Good, because I didn't have a clue what I was on about.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #7250 on: September 01, 2006, 09:24:02 AM »

Par for the course  Grin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7251 on: September 01, 2006, 09:34:05 AM »

Regal is hilarious on the mic! He got Eugene over single handedly? yes
Don't forget The Rock's one off appearance..... Wink
Evolution
« Reply #7252 on: September 01, 2006, 09:35:14 AM »

True, what a rub Eugene got there.

Nice avatar!  hihi
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7253 on: September 01, 2006, 09:36:49 AM »

Motorhead and Bret Hart just doesn't go together to me.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7254 on: September 01, 2006, 09:42:01 AM »

yeah bret is the best there is, the best there was, and best there ever will be....and motorhead is..... well their not hihi

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7255 on: September 01, 2006, 09:44:37 AM »

yeah bret is the best there is, the best there was, and best there ever will be....and motorhead is..... well their not hihi

Don't diss the 'head!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7256 on: September 01, 2006, 12:24:05 PM »

HBK
Most TNA wrestlers could out promo him.

No one does better promos than the dudleys
Seriously dude, do you really believe those 2 statements.? I mean yeah Team 3D have done some good promo's in their time but there have been plenty better, and there promo's haven't exactly evolved or changed over the years, they are a hell of a lot staler and more repetative than Triple H

....and most TNA wrestlers could out promo HBK..... Shocked ....i can understand people not liking him, but failing to acknowledge his talent like that, TNA creative/manangement would be overjoyed beyond belief if their guys could out promo HBK, most of them aren't even in the same league...

William Regal is a master on the mic.? Admittedly his 'All Hail King Booker' stuff sucks but that's just the unimaginative creative for you, that is cheap heat, but in the past, when given good material he's been awesome....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15cBVRyJig

Edit: Oh and Vince counts as a wrestler if you ask me, he's had a match at Wrestlemania, Backlash, Summerslam and has one scheduled for Unforgiven Tongue

Edit #2: In case you didn't read WWE's press release today, here are the updated PPV buy numbers:

Judgment Day: 231,000 (236,000 last year)
One Night Stand: 280,000 (268,000 last year)
Vengeance: 313,000 (320,000 last year)
The Great American Bash: 224,000 (233,000 last year)

GAB is cursed, if you ask me they should rename it King of the Ring and bring it back permanently, actually if you ask me it should be interbrand.? Yeah so turn GAB into King of the Ring a RAW/Smackdown/ECW event, that does mean Smackdown loses a PPV so they're like one behind, so to balance up the numbers, switch it round with Judgment Day so it ain't next to Summerslam, you don't want interbrand PPVs back-to-back and give say Unforgiven to ECW and rename it, er, Anarchy Rulz

Maybe we just like different promos.

I like dark promos like the Dudleys and Raven and funny promos like the Rocks and also serious ones like Austin and undertakers but HBK always just seemed lippy. Don't get me wrong he can be funny at times but i just never thought oh good HBK is on the mic.

I have a friend who bums him and thats fair enough i just never thought he was that great . . . Guess i was a Bret fan hihi

His promos are old style and just don't match up to that of people like Carlito and Edge

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7257 on: September 01, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »

^ Raven now there IS a great choice, he does some of the best of all time, very dark but very awesome, when you look at the masters of dark promo's he is up there with Jake Roberts & Mick Foley yes it's a real shame that his drug use over the years has caught up on him though, he looks a bloated mess, it's a real shame.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7258 on: September 01, 2006, 01:04:57 PM »

^ Raven now there IS a great choice, he does some of the best of all time, very dark but very awesome, when you look at the masters of dark promo's he is up there with Jake Roberts & Mick Foley yes it's a real shame that his drug use over the years has caught up on him though, he looks a bloated mess, it's a real shame.

Yeah. But i'd still prefer to watch him than half the wwe roster.

I just think its close to being a big two again.

I mean how can you claim to be the No1 federation when in my mind they don't have the most entertaining Wrestler in AJ Styles.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7259 on: September 01, 2006, 01:22:33 PM »

I mean how can you claim to be the No1 federation when in my mind they don't have the most entertaining Wrestler in AJ Styles.
Because they get better ratings and make way more money Wink
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: