Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:21:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831892 times)
Evolution
« Reply #7160 on: August 26, 2006, 02:03:42 PM »

There ain't nothing yeller about me.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7161 on: August 26, 2006, 04:19:52 PM »

The following is from WWE.com:

?My body is so beat up and run down, I can?t even think straight,? Kurt Angle tells WWE.com in an exclusive interview Saturday concerning his early release from his contract with World Wrestling Entertainment. Angle and WWE officials mutually agreed to end Angle?s relationship with the company on Friday.

Angle says seven years of non-stop wrestling has taken a major toll on his body, his mind and his family. ?I need my body to reheal and rehab, I have done this for too long without a break. I haven?t been able to really enjoy my life. I haven?t seen my family, I?ve had problems with medication - I?m just fried physically and mentally.?

Angle?s business manager David Hawk claims, ?Kurt?s in a tremendous amount of pain, he?s used prescription medication to deal with it. Kurt has come to the conclusion that unless he can get in the ring without the use of pain medication then he doesn?t need to be in there. He realizes he was just endangering himself and his opponents.?

The last straw for Angle seems to have occurred on August 13th, 2006, at an ECW live event in White Plains, New York. Angle was wrestling Rob Van Dam in a match where both competitors were fueled by the passionate ECW fans. ?The crowd was wild,? Angle says. ?Early on in the match, I pulled my groin, but I kept going, feeding off the crowd. Then I pulled my abdominal muscle off the pelvic bone, but I kept going as the crowd grew more wild. Finally, I blew out my hamstring, but we finished the match. The crowd stood and applauded - a standing ovation and that meant so much to me.?

Ironically that would be Angle?s last match.

WWE.com asked Angle if he would ever return to competition in WWE. Angle says ?I can?t tell you that right now, I need to heal up mentally and physically. Until then, I can?t even think about returning.?

But Angle says WWE Chairman Vince McMahon told him the door is always open. ?Vince says when I?m ready, if I?m ever ready, to come back just sign on the dotted line. I?ll tell you if I do return I?m going back to my roots, training on the mat like my amateur days. Longevity is the key.?

Hawk seems confident Angle will be in the ring again someday.

Angle has a final message to his legion of WWE and ECW fans. ?Don?t be concerned, this move was for the best. It was a privilege to be able to compete for all of you. I?d like to say thank you.?

WWE.com will continue to follow up on Kurt Angle over the next several weeks.
Evolution
« Reply #7162 on: August 27, 2006, 11:23:24 AM »

beer To Danny!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7163 on: August 27, 2006, 11:28:02 AM »

beer To Danny!
It's taken years, but now, we are one step closer to taking over the world Cheesy

An important thread.....started by Arron, miracles can happen Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #7164 on: August 27, 2006, 11:35:24 AM »

In wrestling anything can happen.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7165 on: August 27, 2006, 05:02:27 PM »

November 18th 2002 was when this started. and sadly i remember it. The first post includes the amazment that Brock Lesnar could F-5 the big show.

and HBK winning the World title.  I was calling for RVD to win the title back then. . . 3 1/2 years on it happen. I remember Aaron was so happy that HBK won. I was not.

Legendary thread.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7166 on: August 27, 2006, 06:07:26 PM »

November 18th 2002 was when this started. and sadly i remember it. The first post includes the amazment that Brock Lesnar could F-5 the big show.

and HBK winning the World title.? I was calling for RVD to win the title back then. . . 3 1/2 years on it happen. I remember Aaron was so happy that HBK won. I was not.

Legendary thread.

I remember watching the brilliant 2002 Survivor Series with Arron and indeed marking out bad for HBK's title win, it was a long time however before he pointed me in the direction of this very thread, and my how wrestling has changed in that time but congratulations to all on finally getting the permanent position at the top of the thread list we have!

On a sadder note, I would like to make mention of Angle, and how gutted I am that he has left but how pleased I am he has finally had the courage to step aside and let his body rest, ever since his neck problems before WrestleMania XIX this has been coming and we should count ourselves lucky for every match and angle he has been in since. I remember watching a video for his someback after his 'miracle' neck procedure shortly after that and thinking that Kurt Angle is the reason I watch wwe. You see watching wrestling and following wwe has changed alot in the past 7 years and we as wrestling fans have had to put up with a lot of shit but I'm sure you will all agree that no matter how bad the product, how shit the programming or how awful the wrestling we could always rely on Kurt Angle.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7167 on: August 27, 2006, 09:01:16 PM »

The way Angle is now, there is no way of knowing if he will ever return to the ring.

If i was WWE i would give him a few months then give him a call and ask him if he wanted to be involved in a DVD Anthology on his career, WWE has done a good job on a lot of these and his matches would be awesome, hell you could probably have 5, 4 Disc sets hihi

These are the matches i would stick on it:

1. November 14, 1999 Survivor Series: Kurt Angle defeated Shawn Stasiak (His Debut)
2. February 27, 2000 No Way Out: Kurt Angle defeated Chris Jericho to win the WWF Intercontinental Title
3. June 25, 2000 King of the Ring: All his matches from the KOTR Tournament (Vs. Bradshaw, Bubba Ray Dudley, Chris Jericho, Crash Holly, Rikishi)
4. October 22, 2000 No Mercy: Kurt Angle defeated The Rock to win the WWF Heavyweight Title
5. December 10, 2000 Armageddon: Kurt Angle defeated The Rock, Steve Austin, Undertaker, HHH & Rikishi in a Hell in a Cell match
6. April 29, 2001 Backlash: Chris Benoit defeated Kurt Angle in a 30-minute Submissions Iron Man match
7. June 24, 2001 King of the Ring: Kurt Angle defeated Shane McMahon in a Street Fight match
8. September 23, 2001 Unforgiven: Kurt Angle defeated Steve Austin for the WWF Heavyweight Title
9. June 23, 2002 King of the Ring: Kurt Angle defeated Hulk Hogan by Tap-Out Submission
10. August 25, 2002 Summerslam: Kurt Angle defeated Rey Mysterio by Anklelock Submission
11. October 20, 2002 No Mercy: Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit defeated Edge & Rey Mysterio to win the WWE Tag Team Titles
12. January 19, 2003 Royal Rumble: Kurt Angle defeated Chris Benoit to retain the WWE Title
13. March 30, 2003 Wrestlemania 19: Brock Lesnar defeated Kurt Angle to win the WWE Title
14. September 18, 2003 Smackdown: Brock Lesnar defeated Kurt Angle in a "60 Minute Iron Man" match to win the WWE Title
15. April 3, 2005 Wrestlemania 21: Kurt Angle defeated Shawn Michaels
16. January 13, 2006 Smackdown: Kurt Angle won a 20-Man Battle Royal to win the World Title
17. February 19, 2006 No Way Out: Kurt Angle defeated The Undertaker to retain the World Title
18. June 11, 2006 ECW One Night Stand: Kurt Angle defeated Randy Orton by Anklelock Submission

You could also have a 90 minute Documentary point where they interview him talk through his career, childhood etc.

Also they could have some of his best interviews and classic moments.....

....him being shaved bald, the milk truck stuff, his Invasion stuff with Austin & the watch, the love triangle with Steph & HHH which was one of the hottest feuds ever 'til it got nixed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 09:04:26 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #7168 on: August 28, 2006, 09:46:49 AM »

I'd buy that in a fucking flash. One good TV match I remember him having was when he beat Rhyno for the WCW United States title on October 22nd 2001. Great action.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7169 on: August 28, 2006, 01:38:30 PM »

For some reason I like his No Mercy '03 match with John Cena. Back when people cheered him.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #7170 on: August 28, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »

For some reason I like his No Mercy '03 match with John Cena. Back when people cheered him.

I have never liked John Cena, and never will but for some reason i as well enjoyed watching that match, and on that note up until the ending i actaully enjoyed the match between edge and cena...though they should have had cena do his damn move and have edge kick out and end it with a spear...the damn brass knuckle bit is getting old. Everbody has won that way, and its just not as exciting. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7171 on: August 28, 2006, 05:10:47 PM »

and its just not as exciting. smoking
Well it's been advertised that their Unforgiven rematch will be a TLC match so you should get your excitement there dude yes
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #7172 on: August 28, 2006, 05:12:41 PM »

and its just not as exciting. smoking
Well it's been advertised that their Unforgiven rematch will be a TLC match so you should get your excitement there dude yes

ya those matches are usually entertaining, so i am looking forward to that smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #7173 on: August 28, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »

I have never liked John Cena, and never will but for some reason i as well enjoyed watching that match, and on that note up until the ending i actaully enjoyed the match between edge and cena...though they should have had cena do his damn move and have edge kick out and end it with a spear...the damn brass knuckle bit is getting old. Everbody has won that way, and its just not as exciting. smoking

Telling a story brother. It was bigged up as a "DQ for edge and he loses the title match"...so what better way to have him win after a move which he should of been DQ'd for if the Ref saw it. I thought it was a class ending and a fantastic card.

The TLC match should be awesome, i mean Edge carried Flair to a good match so he can carry a robot like Cena.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7174 on: August 28, 2006, 05:19:16 PM »

Telling a story brother. It was bigged up as a "DQ for edge and he loses the title match"...so what better way to have him win after a move which he should of been DQ'd for if the Ref saw it. I thought it was a class ending and a fantastic card.

The TLC match should be awesome, i mean Edge carried Flair to a good match so he can carry a robot like Cena.

If anyone can ruin it, its Cena

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7175 on: August 28, 2006, 05:21:07 PM »

^ Nah that would be Hogan.

To be honest i think Cena deserves a bit of credit, the dude works his ass off and despite sucking a bit he seems to care and put 110% into it, whereas guys like Hogan don't give a toss.

^^ Hey dude, you must be proud, your glorious thread finally made important status Cheesy
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #7176 on: August 28, 2006, 05:23:30 PM »

Stickied? What the fuck! Get in. After years of persistance...thanks to everyone who contributed over the years, its been a tough un. Finally ?we get the recognition we deserve.
Now then, whos up for a Spandex and oil party? Hahaha.

As for Angle leaving. I got two words for you.....

FUCKING GUTTED.

Kurt, im gonna miss you man. No one will ever fill the void he has created. Agreed with Cactus, you could always rely on Angle, he could carry ANYONE, ANYONE to a good match and thats a testament to his ability and the man himself, he didnt have to after all!

You will be missed Kurt, i wish you well, i wish your wife well and i hope you sort shit out man. Oh anf get off them Pain Killers.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7177 on: August 28, 2006, 06:55:46 PM »

McMahon has commented on Angle's release on wwe.com, I think it is now pretty obvious that Kurt was more or less fired. He could easily have gotten away with sitting at home, picking up his check whilst healing up, there is more to this than meets the eye.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7178 on: August 28, 2006, 06:59:01 PM »

He could easily have gotten away with sitting at home, picking up his check whilst healing up,

Wasn't the problem with Kurt that he wouldn't do this, too stubborn (and maybe dumb)?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7179 on: August 29, 2006, 07:18:18 AM »

He could easily have gotten away with sitting at home, picking up his check whilst healing up,

Wasn't the problem with Kurt that he wouldn't do this, too stubborn (and maybe dumb)?

I believe so, rumours are that Angle and his agent met Vince and Vince told him to have more time off but Kurt refused so to cut a long story short Vince forced him.

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: